Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,817 members, 7,802,619 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:34 PM

My robbery experience during NYSC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My robbery experience during NYSC (524 Views)

Kayode Ogundamisi Offers Family Of Police Killed In Owerri Bank Robbery 50k / Error404 / Betty Akeredolu: 'I Met My Hubby During NYSC, He's Broke, Couldn't Take Me Out' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My robbery experience during NYSC by leej(m): 5:29pm On Nov 20, 2015
Hi Nairalanders,

My experience during NYSC was a tragedy.

I served 2014 in Oyo state (Ibadan North) where I was robbed in New Bodija to be preside. The incident happened on 14th of September 2014 around 7:00pm on my way back from Election process training held at the Local govt secretariat.

I was driving down Bodija (GRA) when I received a phone call from a friend, I had to park my car just to receive the call, because he kept on calling so I felt it was an emergency. I switched off the car's engine because fuel wasn't too much in the car(as a corper na), while receiving the call three guys attacked me from a bike, one locked me down the driver's side with a gun pointed at me, the other one turned around to gain access into my car while the third guy never got off the bike.

Before I knew what was going on, I received a HOT slap (I saw stars for like 10 seconds) with my face down, when I looked up the other guy was almost gaining access into the car from the passenger side while the guy with the gun still locked me down at the driver's side. I didn't know what to do, all I knew was that if this guy enters the car I will be doomed. Lot of thoughts came into my head within few seconds, I didn't know if they were kidnappers, ritualists or just thieves. Very few cars passed by, I could call out for help because there was no help around.I thought of doing jackie-chan and run out of the car (but my liver no gree me)after seeing a shining stainless cold pistol close to my brain. I had to unlock the door of the car.

My phones, my wallet was taken from me.They asked for my ATM pin which I did honestly because I felt they might ask the one on the bike to confirm (they might have a POS on them)(crazy thought under pressure), but the guy with gun kept on telling me that I was lying about the pin. He started hitting me with the gun severally and saying he was going to kill me if I don't give them the correct pin. After several beating I realized blood gushing out of my head, at this moment I knew I had to do something if not I will be robbed and killed without even trying to help myself out. So I summoned courage, or would I say I couldn't bear the pain anymore,I had to cry out for help..Well this made it worst, the guy in the car started punching me while the one outside kept on hitting me with the gun, I did shout, kick and punched back anyway.

The whole thing lasted for like 5mins, to me it was like 5hrs because I was beaten to the extent that i couldn't feel pain anymore. They drove off leaving me in my pool of blood. Nobody came to my aid, I knew I had to get to the hospital, but the bad part was that every government hospital was on strike at that period. I drove myself down to a pharmacy like four streets away where was rejected after when I told them I was robbed. At this time I was already feeling dizzy, I knew I wouldn't be able to drive anymore..I had lost a lot of blood already.I left the car at the pharmacy and called a bike guy who took me to a private hospital, the ride took over 15mins, I had to hold tight to the bike guy because my eyes were closing already (I must have stained the guy with my blood)..Getting to the hospital the bike guy helped me in without collecting any thing from me. My head was stitched and I had two broken teeth,body pains and crazy bruises on my face.

Few days later, I went to report the whole incident at the Local govt Secretariat, but all the officials had gone to the Orientation Camp(it was that time of the year), all I got was sorry from some of my fellow corpers.I was grateful to still be alive, but I knew I was going to die if I didn't do anything to stop the pain I was feeling from my broken teeth. So I rushed down to the NYSC clinic..It was also empty, they have all gone to the orientation camp too..I only met some corper doctors and I was told they couldn't do anything to help me out..all they were attending to was malaria cases and fever...My case was too much for them to handle...I went through hell that night, at a time I wasn't able to close my mouth..First thing in the morning I rushed down to a private dentist..borrowed money friends, called home for money plus all my savings,...I had to go through RCT (Root canal treatment). It was very expensive but at least I was relieved.

Few weeks later, Orientation Camp was over and everybody was back. I knew I still have to report the situation to the Local govt inspector and the state coordinator as well as the NYSC clinic for record purpose and with the aim of getting back the money I had incurred for all my treatment. They all showed concern and promised I would get everything I lost during the attack (in Value) and all the money I spent for treatment, but I had to go through processes.

I had to write several letters to the Clinic, Local govt inspector,State coordinator, and the Oyo State NYSC Office ..getting these letters signed and stamped took weeks and mad stress...I was asked to get police report ( it was hell on earth), Affidavit, Letter from the government hospital (strike was over),Letter from my PPA, Letter from dentist and so on...You could imagine what I went through...But I had no choice that to do it because I needed to pay the money I borrowed back. I even spent more money to get this things done.

Finally, I got everything stamped and signed..I was told to submit it and that it will be approved, which I am to get a call to come for the money or that the money will be paid into my account.

It is over 16months now, No phone call , No credit alert...I had to pay my debt on my own and I still have several treatment to be done to my teeth. If they call me or I hear alert tomorrow... IT WILL BE A MIRACLE.
Re: My robbery experience during NYSC by pet4ril(f): 5:57pm On Nov 20, 2015
Na wa ooooo
Re: My robbery experience during NYSC by realborn(m): 6:04pm On Nov 20, 2015
May you experience no-more-loss.

Quite a harrowing experience you had.

How is your teeth now?
Re: My robbery experience during NYSC by demielvis: 6:06pm On Nov 20, 2015
Chai!
Sorry.
The title sha.

No vex but your broken teeth story got me lolling
Re: My robbery experience during NYSC by leej(m): 11:43pm On Nov 20, 2015
realborn:

How is your teeth now?

Better now..but still need to work on it
Re: My robbery experience during NYSC by leej(m): 11:44pm On Nov 20, 2015
realborn:

How is your teeth now?

Amen...
Yes ooo
Thanks

(1) (Reply)

My People Can Someone Tell Me Is Happening / . / Is Nigeria A Hypocrite Or A Lier?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.