Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,043 members, 7,799,525 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 11:57 PM

Kemi Adeosun ‘Poorly Qualified’ To Be Finance Minister – The Economist - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kemi Adeosun ‘Poorly Qualified’ To Be Finance Minister – The Economist (47804 Views)

Benue Massacre: Ortom Lazy, Not Qualified To Be Governor - Nyesom Wike / From ‘poorly Qualified’, The Economist Says Adeosun Is A ‘tenacious’ Minister / Kemi Adeosun ‘poorly Qualified’ To Be Finance Minister – The Economist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kemi Adeosun ‘Poorly Qualified’ To Be Finance Minister – The Economist by Dbboy(m): 12:20am On Nov 21, 2015
H
Ciscogod:

Nigeria is where u will see inflation rate go down in media but no employment or reduction in market product to nail the claim.

So what's the use.

Okongo served under obj, she did under Gej. Nigeria is the most populous black nation on earth. No drastic change in our economy. Lets just see what the new Minster can offer before criticising

You can't even prove your point and you expect people to take you serious. Did you at any point buy a bag of rice at 6000 as compared to 11000 today, that was one the highlight of reduction and growth of the economy on agriculture or you just forgot fuel is been sold for 400 nairaland per litre as against 87 naira so be factual when you talk so most of us that detect tribalism on write up won't spot any.

1 Like

Re: Kemi Adeosun ‘Poorly Qualified’ To Be Finance Minister – The Economist by Dbboy(m): 12:25am On Nov 21, 2015
coolitempa:

shocked shocked shocked.....you must have failed your assignment.......poor you.... sad.....fastest growth rate?.......made economy 24th largest......Nigerian education has surely gone to the dogs...... angry.......I pity you and your deceitful lecturers....

So dispute his point rather than result to insult no wonder we picked a failed economist from ogun to fill a position that matter at least her result in handling ogun economy is f9 for now unless she gets lucky now in this Fedral position.
Re: Kemi Adeosun ‘Poorly Qualified’ To Be Finance Minister – The Economist by ArcIbrahim38(m): 12:39am On Nov 21, 2015
Ciscogod:
Okonjo iwella got all the qualifications. Where did she leave our economy? DiD she diversify it? Did naira has edge our dollar.?. What was her major achievement?

Nothing beyond manipulation of statistics for the gullible minded
Re: Kemi Adeosun ‘Poorly Qualified’ To Be Finance Minister – The Economist by Nobody: 12:46am On Nov 21, 2015
mart2k:
Just c how u ar making fool of urssef to d whole world. Tell me, who dosnt know that d Yorubas are far ahead of Ibos in every area including education and, human resources. Flat heads wl always b chest beaters. Yorubas av nothing to compete wit u, u ar d one tryin everything to impress d south west. Ibos and Hausas ar d one competing. Sincerely speaking, ibo is d least among d major tribes in Nigeria. U know it except uar pretending. In case u dnt knw, ibos ar second class citizens. Get dat to ur flat head

Statistics show that Igbos are leading all other tribes in Nigeria including Yorubas in every measure of human success and exceptionalism by a large margin. Days of Yoruba deception and propaganda are gone.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kemi Adeosun ‘Poorly Qualified’ To Be Finance Minister – The Economist by adconline(m): 1:04am On Nov 21, 2015
mart2k:
So if u ar a Commissioner and ur state monthly allocation frm d fed govt dropped by 40%,I bliv u wl use ur personal savings to run d state. And y did u single out Ogun state out of all d states that required bail out?
Didn't FG income drop as well? So what she was unable to do as a commissioner she got hired by GMB to do as a minister??Also, States like Lagos, Anambra, Akwaibom do no have negative income flow.

1 Like

Re: Kemi Adeosun ‘Poorly Qualified’ To Be Finance Minister – The Economist by amazingspiderma: 1:49am On Nov 21, 2015
Like I said before,PMB has no one in his cabinet that could restore global financial confidence to Nigeria.
Visits to superpowers must be supplemented by apointment of competent personnel.

Technocrats indeed with the likes of Amaechi etc.,people don finish for Nigeria wey qualify.

To start with,what were the major achievement of the current minster of finance.
Even if the position must go to the southwest,is this the best brain available.
So much talk about merit.

The ministerial list is just a list of politicians.

2 Likes

Re: Kemi Adeosun ‘Poorly Qualified’ To Be Finance Minister – The Economist by Nobody: 1:51am On Nov 21, 2015
farem:

Let's try our local players. The foreign based have disappointed us.
Enough of rebased economy while the masses are mindlessly debased.

We don't want those who want to see the imperialists nodding their heads for the spirit realm statistics while our trillions are physically waka-ing.

Let them keep their grade A imaginary ratings that leave our stomachs, foreign reserved and infrastructures suffering.
hmmmm bros you dey vex o... now i catch ur economic rema....this one is out of this world

2 Likes

Re: Kemi Adeosun ‘Poorly Qualified’ To Be Finance Minister – The Economist by dapsonlou(m): 2:22am On Nov 21, 2015
Women her the biggest Embezzlers , they are even Worst than men in Civil Service. Is there no qualified man for the job?
Re: Kemi Adeosun ‘Poorly Qualified’ To Be Finance Minister – The Economist by tee4naija(m): 3:42am On Nov 21, 2015
The economist and even other foreign media can say what ever they like. The fact that she cleared the books of a state is enough antecedent. All of u crying foul will shout if as a young graduate, ur prospective employer demands that u have seven years experience and u should not be more than 24 years of age. Lets wait to judge her after 4 years. phd holders have done it and we all witnessed how the nations economy grew astronomically only on papers.

1 Like

Re: Kemi Adeosun ‘Poorly Qualified’ To Be Finance Minister – The Economist by Nobody: 3:50am On Nov 21, 2015
Ciscogod:
Okonjo iwella got all the qualifications. Where did she leave our economy? DiD she diversify it? Did naira has edge our dollar.?. What was her major achievement?

Thank you dude!!!! They should leave matter for Mathias like Nigerians would say!!!!! your paper qualification only gets you to the door, to get in depends on what you can deliver!! In this case lets see what this woman can do!!! She should be judged on her performance.....Afterall GEJ has a pHD in Zoology and he ran Nigeria into a ZOO!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Kemi Adeosun ‘Poorly Qualified’ To Be Finance Minister – The Economist by Nobody: 3:54am On Nov 21, 2015
new2020:
We all know she is unqualified except yorubas just want her there as their own Okonjo Iweala...always dick measuring with Igbos. Tinubu and yoruba elite went around the world searching for a yoruba woman comparable to Iweala, Oteh, Ezekwesili,e.t.c, they came back disappointed...none; couldn't find one. So they had no choice but to go with her using yoruba media to garnish her resume. The first day I heard about her and nomination, I told my wife; find me her profile online just of curiosity, she came back with only one paragraph. Let the truth be told...she is a mere commissioner, Tinubu loyalist like Osinbade and unqualified. Look at her face!

It is a well known fact Yorubas have bigger dicks than the Igbos, so why compare? Mtcheeeewwwwwww.....NEXT!!!!!
Re: Kemi Adeosun ‘Poorly Qualified’ To Be Finance Minister – The Economist by tee4naija(m): 3:59am On Nov 21, 2015
Dbboy:
H

You can't even prove your point and you expect people to take you serious. Did you at any point buy a bag of rice at 6000 as compared to 11000 today that was one the highlight of reduction and growth of the economy on agriculture or you just forgot fuel is been sold for 400 nairaland per litre as against 87 naira so be factual when you talk so must of us that detect tribalism on write up won't spot any.
Rice was sold at N13,000.00 a bag in 2013 while petrol sold for N140.00 officially in january 2012 (and between N200 and N500 at the black market during the same period). The official price of petrol is now N87 and that is what the few filling stations that have the product are selling. Tell us where u bought ur own at N400.the current price of rice is the result of the activities of the Nigerian customs service which closed the nations boarders to smugglers. This is a standard economic practice the world over and it is aimed at encouraging local production. So stop wailing!!!
Re: Kemi Adeosun ‘Poorly Qualified’ To Be Finance Minister – The Economist by gabbytabby: 4:26am On Nov 21, 2015
knowledgeable:

Shut that gutter you call mouth, London own your slave master up north, and therefore owns you as well. The economist of London can dictate to PMB's choice of finance minister, with penalty for disobedience, as already happened. Your gdp continues to sag and you've lost control of your currency exchange rate and the price of your crude oil, so what else?. Foreign investors don't have time for yoruba wuruwuru, and they have voted with their feet. You people think you can replicate another Ngozi Iwuala or Aluma ete or flashy mrs Madueka, your yoruba control media out of jealousy almost pusured to death. In short, your Kemi is ugly, unqualified, with a body language that doesn't resonates with investors. ...so deal with it.

You really gat problem so much hstred and wailing is not good for your blood pressure.
Re: Kemi Adeosun ‘Poorly Qualified’ To Be Finance Minister – The Economist by einsteino(m): 4:51am On Nov 21, 2015
Ciscogod:

Bro. My point is so clear. What I'm trying to say, Is we should not place her performance based on qualification. That was why I brought up iwella as an example.

She served under obj and Jonathan still yet the economy remains un-diversify with all her qualifications and expierence

Under OBJ she erased our debts, under GEJ she cleared up the system.. these are all achievements, that the economy is undiversified doesnt mean you should ignore all she achieved. I dare say that kemi would be unable to diversify the economy because it takes a very long time to. at best she would lay the foundation.
Re: Kemi Adeosun ‘Poorly Qualified’ To Be Finance Minister – The Economist by Ciscogod(m): 5:02am On Nov 21, 2015
Dbboy:
H

You can't even prove your point and you expect people to take you serious. Did you at any point buy a bag of rice at 6000 as compared to 11000 today that was one the highlight of reduction and growth of the economy on agriculture or you just forgot fuel is been sold for 400 nairaland per litre as against 87 naira so be factual when you talk so must of us that detect tribalism on write up won't spot any.

I'm not a tribalist. From ur points . Lemme ask u.

How much was bag of rice and fuel during abacha regime before we had obj. Should we say our economy was in a better state cos fuel was 11naira during abacha regime.

Kemi adeosun just got her appointment and people are already bashing her. What's that for?.

Everyone aspire for greater things every day and ur not exceptional.
Re: Kemi Adeosun ‘Poorly Qualified’ To Be Finance Minister – The Economist by lekwas: 5:10am On Nov 21, 2015
Abeg e, this economist and their analysis should go to wherever with their ill intentioned analysis.

Does it always have to match their speculations?

Because Kemi Adeosun is not a World Bank or IMF stooge, she is not qualified. They should tell it to the marines.

It is time the Nigerian state and all of Africa define their own development on their own terms.

Ciscogod:

1 Like

Re: Kemi Adeosun ‘Poorly Qualified’ To Be Finance Minister – The Economist by tonychristopher: 5:46am On Nov 21, 2015
This was how they ruined Nigeria with their indeginazation decree and tribalistic tendencies they ruined Nigerian airways nitel et al

Thank lord Jonathan resuscitated the rails but out of their wickedness they won't give the poor guy that credit

They couldn't find anything on ngozi...ngozi has moved on to a higher level and I loved what they did

They made the Igbo in south south unite with the ones in east . the ss peeps now know who is their full enemies

Now they are dumping this lady on us. Where has she worked ? Who knows her . as a commissioner that over saw Lagos in deficit instead of surplus

Is that what we want for Nigeria

The west have not known what is it in financial management and its not their forte . if they do why did they allow igbos to overtake them and dominate again after fighting war and awos great heist in Nigeria via £20 and stealing of companies

I think they can handle tourism well but finance forget it ..we are done and gone

She doesn't seems to have that act to run riot act

1 Like

Re: Kemi Adeosun ‘Poorly Qualified’ To Be Finance Minister – The Economist by olalat(m): 5:53am On Nov 21, 2015
What u jst wrote below put question to d level of ur iq both ur wife included. I wonder why witless people finds it so easy to critisize but later find their stupidity display to the entire world to see. I guess d forum u write ds jargon belong to ur tribalman. Idiot.
new2020:
We all know she is unqualified except yorubas just want her there as their own Okonjo Iweala...always dick measuring with Igbos. Tinubu and yoruba elite went around the world searching for a yoruba woman comparable to Iweala, Oteh, Ezekwesili,e.t.c, they came back disappointed...none; couldn't find one. So they had no choice but to go with her using yoruba media to garnish her resume. The first day I heard about her and nomination, I told my wife; find me her profile online just of curiosity, she came back with only one paragraph. Let the truth be told...she is a mere commissioner, Tinubu loyalist like Osinbade and unqualified. Look at her face!
Re: Kemi Adeosun ‘Poorly Qualified’ To Be Finance Minister – The Economist by Nobody: 6:01am On Nov 21, 2015
Here we go again denigrating our own, is it becos she no work for world bank and imf, name one country that these bodies have revived economically.
We need people who can profer practical solutions not celebrity professionals who just speak grammar and are high maintenance, judging from the previous cabinets the foreign pros behaved worse and stole more.
Re: Kemi Adeosun ‘Poorly Qualified’ To Be Finance Minister – The Economist by bawz012(m): 6:30am On Nov 21, 2015
aventura:
The economy was good on paper was it her fault that the executive head couldn't translate it in the lives of Nigerians? Let's see what aunty kemi has to offer.

just imagine "on paper" , i just u guys stop this "Certificate mentality" soon enough.
Re: Kemi Adeosun ‘Poorly Qualified’ To Be Finance Minister – The Economist by madenigga(m): 6:52am On Nov 21, 2015
:PIs this woman related to Chibuike Amaechi, look at the facial resemblance.
Re: Kemi Adeosun ‘Poorly Qualified’ To Be Finance Minister – The Economist by Dbboy(m): 6:56am On Nov 21, 2015
tee4naija:

Rice was sold at N13,000.00 a bag in 2013 while petrol sold for N140.00 officially in january 2012 (and between N200 and N500 at the black market during the same period). The official price of petrol is now N87 and that is what the few filling stations that have the product are selling. Tell us where u bought ur own at N400.the current price of rice is the result of the activities of the Nigerian customs service which closed the nations boarders to smugglers. This is a standard economic practice the world over and it is aimed at encouraging local production. So stop wailing!!!

Is it the same 2013 I got my receipt looking at me, man lie to those who would believe you not me and where was fuel sold at 500 in 2013, give us a source as for my source it all around social media in owerri this morning it was sold at 250

1 Like

Re: Kemi Adeosun ‘Poorly Qualified’ To Be Finance Minister – The Economist by gidjah(m): 7:04am On Nov 21, 2015
who is doing the analysis ??aboki man ?how far has his region gone with financial investments??
Re: Kemi Adeosun ‘Poorly Qualified’ To Be Finance Minister – The Economist by Seun360(m): 7:09am On Nov 21, 2015
Ciscogod:

You killed it.
Re: Kemi Adeosun ‘Poorly Qualified’ To Be Finance Minister – The Economist by wink2015(m): 7:13am On Nov 21, 2015
[size=18pt]With all the big degrees that Okonjo Iweala hold, how did the Jonathan administration ended up. is it not Soludo who is telling us that Jonathan administration is the worst administration ever in Nigeria in terms of fiscal management.

If not for Obasanjo who brought Okonjo Iweala to limelight was she known in Nigeria. Our economy is not that of those G8 or G20 economy we should use our local content and grow at our own pace. Jonathan was carried away by Okonjo Iweala big degree or big qualification, but she ended up giving the boys an opportunity to rip us off of our commonwealth.[/size]

1 Like

Re: Kemi Adeosun ‘Poorly Qualified’ To Be Finance Minister – The Economist by erekoshe: 7:18am On Nov 21, 2015
The same people who were filled with ecstasy that an "international paper" calls GEJ clueless are the same people under a year castigating the paper and calling it "nonsense". One had to write pretty long rebuttal on behalf of Ambode.

Karma is a b.it.c.h!

If The Economist was right about GEJ, then they're right about Ambode, Kemi and about PMB.

GEJ-clueless
Ambode-incompetent
Kemi - poorly qualified
PMB- slow and direction-less

Those are the choice of words from Economist

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kemi Adeosun ‘Poorly Qualified’ To Be Finance Minister – The Economist by erekoshe: 7:19am On Nov 21, 2015
wink2015:
With all the big degrees that Okonjo Iweala hold, how did the Jonathan administration ended up...

If you had a valid point, you wouldn't write I'm such font. Where is the Soludo? Think before you speak bro, it will do you good
Re: Kemi Adeosun ‘Poorly Qualified’ To Be Finance Minister – The Economist by DeNovo: 7:24am On Nov 21, 2015
Ciscogod:

Bro. My point is so clear. What I'm trying to say, Is we should not place her performance based on qualification. That was why I brought up iwella as an example.

She served under obj and Jonathan still yet the economy remains un-diversify with all her qualifications and expierence

My Brother.. If you were a CEO of a multi-national, based on experience and and qualifications, which of the two ladies would you hire?
Re: Kemi Adeosun ‘Poorly Qualified’ To Be Finance Minister – The Economist by DrOladipo: 7:29am On Nov 21, 2015
With hundreds of advisers from Harvard and other ivy league schools, Americans still fault the economic policies of Mr. Obama! We don't want a minister of finance with massive certificates and little impact on our dwindling economy. We are in a terrible state of economic doldrums and Kemi knows the enormous task in that office!
#4yearswilljudge

1 Like

Re: Kemi Adeosun ‘Poorly Qualified’ To Be Finance Minister – The Economist by dyn1800: 7:38am On Nov 21, 2015
Lol gullibility?.... Hmmm I'm just coming to terms for responding to your Myopic view..... Thanks for your time.
lomprico:

And dont expose ur gullibility for all to see. I dnt hate the administration, I only hate their propaganda n lies.
Re: Kemi Adeosun ‘Poorly Qualified’ To Be Finance Minister – The Economist by Nobody: 7:41am On Nov 21, 2015
we are always doing politics of tribe with everything in this country,there are better economists,good enough the criticism did not emanate locally.the implication is that she wont receive global acceptance period.
Re: Kemi Adeosun ‘Poorly Qualified’ To Be Finance Minister – The Economist by mrajims(m): 7:42am On Nov 21, 2015
dunsman:
The Economist, wu sabi dem self, make dem go do something about the current state of the economy instead of wasting our economic used MB here
grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

See What Nigeria and Dubai Plan to do in the Nearest Future / Late Deborah Samuel's Siblings Registered In New School (Photos) / Jonathan: I Am Under Pressure To Contest 2019 Election, But I Won't Contest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.