Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,784 members, 7,802,436 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:26 PM

He Is Mine - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / He Is Mine (3413 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

He Is Mine by Sharoniah(f): 10:13pm On Nov 20, 2015
Her mind had gone down memory lane as she vividly remembered everything that has happened,as if it were yesterday,but it was fifteen years ago.
Amarachi was in Jss1 then when she lost her dad,he died of cardiac arrest,thereby leaving her mother a widow and she fatherless.Hardly a month had gone by than her uncles from her father's family came to claim his property.Life became unbearable for Amarachi and her mother,yet the challenges multiplied daily.
Re: He Is Mine by Sharoniah(f): 10:15pm On Nov 20, 2015
(Hardly a month)
Re: He Is Mine by osesology(m): 11:36pm On Nov 20, 2015
sad. Nice write up though
Re: He Is Mine by Sharoniah(f): 12:38am On Nov 21, 2015
***continued***
This sudden situation of life led her mother to take to petty trade,while Amarachi hawked satchet water (pure water)on the streets.Though she had gone to school during the first term,but droped out by third term.Despite the uncomfortable situation,her mother always strive to make sure they both eat at least two times daily,although,their food consisted mainly of Garri.She had lost the hope of going back to school because there was just no where to get the money from,let alone school uniform and books.Every morning while she walked from one place to the other,she would see children of her age group going to their respective schools,she would become sad because she knows she is brilliant.Her mother on the other hand would be at her shop hoping to make more sales,save more money and send her daughter back to school,she is often embarrassed when any of her customers ask about the educational improvement of her daughter.Sometimes,her customer may say;
Re: He Is Mine by Sharoniah(f): 6:41am On Nov 21, 2015
who is following
Re: He Is Mine by tijehi(f): 10:39am On Nov 21, 2015
I am following. Continue
Re: He Is Mine by osesology(m): 2:56pm On Nov 21, 2015
I am following too, please continue
Re: He Is Mine by Rukkydelta(f): 3:36pm On Nov 21, 2015
Runs to take a seat in the front row
Re: He Is Mine by komzyb(f): 3:48pm On Nov 21, 2015
Following
Re: He Is Mine by Sharoniah(f): 11:32pm On Nov 21, 2015
***continued***
'mama Amara,the cost of your banana is high,do you want to open an office on my head?' another would say 'ma-a-adam,seems you want to send your daughter to school this one your tomatos are costly',most times she'll just smile in response to her wide mouthed customers.She was saving up for her daughter's education.
One friday evening,after enduring the blaze of the sun Mama Amara came home to meet her daughter in a delightful mood and was curious to know the matter.
'mama welcome'
'thank you o,chai,the hotness of the sun today was like fire,only God will save us'
'ah,the sun was really terrible,mama i cooked yam,because that is the only food at home'
'hmmm we'll manage what we have or do we have a choice?'
They ate in silence,gulping the food down with water.As soon as Amara washed the dishes,she went to her mother,
'mama i saw this paper on a school's gate,i tore it out so i can read about it very well when i come home'
'Amara please,i am so tired,tomorrow morning i'll see it'
'but mama...'
Re: He Is Mine by Rukkydelta(f): 4:50pm On Nov 22, 2015
Nice update ma keep it flowing
Re: He Is Mine by Onegai(f): 9:44am On Dec 01, 2015
Nice.

(sorry I didn't reply your pm, not very good with those smiley )
Re: He Is Mine by Feyikemi12(f): 10:34pm On Dec 01, 2015
following
Re: He Is Mine by Mhizkel(f): 11:13am On Dec 03, 2015
Your updates are too short. Try making it lenghty.
Re: He Is Mine by Sharoniah(f): 1:55pm On Dec 08, 2015
thanks @komzyb @feyikemi @onegai @osesology @rukkydelta @tijehi
@mhizkel i am using a mobile phone to update so i can't make it lengthy,,but i'll try to update more instead,also i am sorry for being away,#school tins
Re: He Is Mine by Sharoniah(f): 2:17pm On Dec 08, 2015
criticism is fully allowed
Re: He Is Mine by Sharoniah(f): 3:06pm On Dec 08, 2015
***continued***
'i hope you're not thinking of working at that bar where those useless boys are always smoking?'
'no mama,it is scholarship issue,it says the exam is on 30th of this month and registeration ends on 25th,that is six days from today'
'so how much is the form?'
'it is 2500 naira to be paid on or before 25th'
'2500,and they say it is scholarship,so where will i find such money within these few days' she asked rhetorically
'anyway,let us go to bed,its a bit late,we'll talk about it tomorrow'
Re: He Is Mine by Mhizkel(f): 3:11pm On Dec 08, 2015
Sharoniah:
thanks @komzyb @feyikemi @onegai @osesology @rukkydelta @tijehi
@mhizkel i am using a mobile phone to update so i can't make it lengthy,,but i'll try to update more instead,also i am sorry for being away,#school tins
Alright kiss Just take your time okay? wink
Re: He Is Mine by Sharoniah(f): 5:58pm On Dec 08, 2015
four days passed without mama amara being able to realize #2500,so she went to her co trader,aunty Vicky to ask for some money but she got no positive response.
In a tick of time 25th of the month appeared,mama Amara was so sad because she was unable to raise the registration money,she decided to stop thinking about it,moreover it was the last day already.
It was about 10:30 that morning when a lady stood in front of her shop
'mama Amara,good morning'
'good morning,what do you want to buy?' she asked as she emerged from inside the shop.
'ah,sister Grace,welcome'
'thank you,hope you're fine?'
'i am fine by God's grace,come and have a seat' she beckoned the lady.
'nooo! i just got some money yesterday,so i decided to pay for the things i collected from you last time,that is #2000 naira,i am in a hurry'
'okay,thank you very much,we'll see in church on sunday'
'bye bye'
'bye bye'
Mama Amara was grateful,so she hurriedly went to look for Amara and together they went to the school to register for the exams.
Re: He Is Mine by Sharoniah(f): 6:29pm On Dec 08, 2015
After the registration,Mama Amara did not let her daughter hawk satchet water,rather,she adviced and encouraged her to read hard for the remaining five days left to the exams.Not wanting to disappoint her mother and herself,Amara read more harder,with determination and focus not to lose the scholarship award.The came and went,they were anticipating the scholarship.
One week after the exams was written,they were to collect their letters of either fail or pass.That morning,Amara and her mother went to the school,they saw other children with their parents too.After about an hour,a lady came out,
'chioma Adekunle,daniel johnson,Amarachi David,kenneth faith'
she called all their names and gave each their letter,saying to them that if they got a scholarship in their letter,they should return the following day.
As Amara and her mother got home,they tore open the letter,in excitement they did not read from the beginning,they saw what was written,'...due to your score in the scholarship examination...
Re: He Is Mine by Rukkydelta(f): 10:44pm On Feb 21, 2016
Sharoniah so you have abandoned this beautiful story ?sad
Re: He Is Mine by Sharoniah(f): 4:15am On Feb 27, 2016
cc Rukkydelta cc africwap I am sorry, school is really tough now
Re: He Is Mine by Sharoniah(f): 2:32am On Feb 28, 2016
been trying to update longer posts,but my phone won't give me a chance, instead it keeps wiping off the whole thing, so i'll update shorter frequent posts
Re: He Is Mine by Sharoniah(f): 3:50pm On Feb 28, 2016
...which was too low,you have been denied admission into King's way college,thanks.' Amara and her mother cried almost uncontrollably because that was their last hope.
'but mama I read very well and I know I also wrote well in the exams, why did I not get the scholarship?'
'dont worry my dear, everything works together for good, when one door closes another opens'
'mama,what if another do not open?'
'my dear let us not lose hope yet'
The following day, Amara continued hawking her sachet water, while her mother went to her shop.
Two weeks later, while Amara was hawking, she saw a lady beckon to her to come over,she went,
'is your pure water cold?'
' yes ma,how many do you want?'
'just two'
As the lady gave her the money, she asked,
'you look a bit familiar, were you a student of King'sway college before?' because to her, a student of King'sway was always from a well to do family.
'no ma,I only went there to write a scholarship exam few weeks ago, although I did not pass well enough to be admitted there'
'are you Chioma Adekunle?'
'no ma, I am amarachi David'
'God of mercy!' the lady exclaimed 'you were given the wrong result ,please come to the school with your mother tomorrow morning,when you come ask for the school secretary, you'll be brought to my office'
'thank you ma,i'll be there'
Re: He Is Mine by Missmossy(f): 5:32pm On Feb 28, 2016
Thought as much,keep it coming.

2 Likes

Re: He Is Mine by Sharoniah(f): 7:04pm On Feb 28, 2016
The following day,Amara and her mother were at King's way college by 7 am,and requested to see the school secretary. At the secretary's office, they had to wait for few minutes before she showed up.
'good morning madam, i'm sorry for keeping you waiting, I was held in a traffic jam'
'good morning ma'
'your daughter has been given admission here,though she was mistakenly given someone else's letter,we are really sorry for our mistake,anyway, she can resume school tomorrow'
'thank you very much ma,God will bless you abundantly' she answered kneeling down.
'please stand up madam,take this letter to the next building, ask for where to get school uniform set and books,she will be also shown her class and hostel'
'thank you ma, I am grateful'
'you're welcome'
After doing the necessary requirements, Amara and her mother went home. They were so happy,their joy knew no bounds. Amara was given all reasonable advice from her mother,she listened attentively, but will she be able to cope in a boarding school without her mother by her side,will she have someone to confide in,what will she look like in the midst of rich kids in school? These questions raced through her mind but she determined to make her mother proud of her.
Re: He Is Mine by Missmossy(f): 2:38pm On Feb 29, 2016
Interesting cheesy keep it coming.

2 Likes

Re: He Is Mine by Rukkydelta(f): 2:40pm On Feb 29, 2016
Welcome back sharon.more mb to your phone..........Nice update
Re: He Is Mine by Sharoniah(f): 3:45pm On Apr 14, 2016
Being in a school as prestigious as kingsway college,Amara decided to remain focus in her objectives for achieving her aim. She read very well and did not mind the rich students in school,during 'prep' in the evening, she'll make sure she does her assignment and also explain some things to her friend Adaora. She was much envied in class by some students especially when she answers a difficult question.
It was on a monday morning,the first period was for English language.the students in jss 3 class had written a test on English language the previous week and were expecting their tests' results. Suddenly,the English language teacher stormed into the class,from his facial expression it was evident that he wasn't in a cheerful mood to accommodate laxity in his class.
'I must commend the few of you who passed the test,and those of you who scored below 25 should sit up,tighten your belts because this is third term and you know what it means' mr.Henry warned.
most of the students began to murmur,others speaking in whispers.
'Amarachi david came out with 46, followed by Kate Clement with 44,Agnes also got 41,these are the only people who scored above 40'
after about 40mins of teaching, mr.henry left the class.
'Ada,what did you get,hope you passed this time?' Amarachi asked.
'do you know I just forgot most of these things when we were writing this test,infact right now, I think i'll have to study harder than ever'Adaora replied.
'don't worry you know you're intelligent,just try to read more everyday and stop cramming,you can even join me to read anytime you wish'Amarachi told her.
'why can't you let her be,must you be a teacher to everyone,because you got 46,you want to deafen me here' Kate snapped.
'but kate she is only trying to help me out' replied Adaora.
'helping indeed,good samaritan' fired kate.
'Amarachi,please let us go and call the next teacher and leave this trouble maker alone' Adaora beckoned Amarachi.

1 Like

Re: He Is Mine by Rukkydelta(f): 3:35pm On Apr 21, 2016
Nice one....more mb to your phone
Re: He Is Mine by Richie990(m): 10:37pm On Apr 21, 2016
nice one op...

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

THE PROTEST By Ajala Ahmed / A Corper's Story / Content Writing. How To Go About It In 2022.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.