Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,589 members, 7,809,129 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:31 AM

How President Buhari Can Stop Boko Haram - Prophet Cardinal Onaiyekan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How President Buhari Can Stop Boko Haram - Prophet Cardinal Onaiyekan (20144 Views)

Osinbajo Meets Abdulsalami, Cardinal Onaiyekan & Others In Aso Rock (Photos) / "How President Muhammadu Buhari Was Poisoned" Compiled Paper Floods Abuja(Photo) / BIAFRA/NNAMDI KANU: Archbishop Of Abuja, Cardinal Onaiyekan Blasts Buhari. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How President Buhari Can Stop Boko Haram - Prophet Cardinal Onaiyekan by DanceVille: 11:29pm On Nov 21, 2015
Cardinal John Onaiyekan, the catholic Archbishop of
Abuja, has revealed what President Muhammadu Buhari
should do to stop the deadly Boko Haram insurgency.
The prominent cleric has advised the incumbent
Nigerian leader to involve the sect in negotiations.
Onaiyekan, who is the ex- president of the Christian
Association of Nigeria spoke in Abuja at the 2015
Catholic Television of Nigeria dinner.
The cleric said: “ What happened in Mali can happen
here. We do not need people to cause this kind of great
calamity.

“The question is how do you create a situation where
such things don’t happen?
“It is not easy but you can do all you can to put
security apparatus around but you cannot do it in such
a way that no bad people will move around.
“As a spiritual leader, the solution is first we should
pray because God can do everything.
“Secondly, we should look into our religious messages,
because many of these terrorists are also calling the
name of some religion, calling the name of God.
“But we must find a way of letting them (Boko Haram
members) know that this is not what God wants.
“I personally do not know how to achieve this but I
believe that a lot still needs to be done.
“When you (government) reply fire for fire I am afraid it
does not solve the problem.

“So, apart from military tactics there is need for more
effort as political discussion, reaching out to people.
“Even the terrorists are human beings born of a woman
with feelings. I am sure somebody somewhere can talk
to them.”
During the presidential campaign Buhari pledged not to
hold talks with the terrorists if chosen as president.
Meanwhile, in a BBC interview several months ago the
president has welcomed talks with Boko Haram
insurgents.

The last ceasefire agreement between the militants and
Nigerian government in October 2014 has failed when
the Boko Haram sect rejected that they had agreed to a
ceasefire with Goodluck Jonathan’s government.
Negotiations with the insurgents in recent years have
failed to achieve a peace deal, partly because it has
several rival factions.

Source:www.naij.com/644938-must-read-president-buhari-can-stop-boko-haram-prophet.html

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How President Buhari Can Stop Boko Haram - Prophet Cardinal Onaiyekan by jaymejate: 11:35pm On Nov 21, 2015
Oga pastor, no de fall my hands abeg.

It is operation kill them all. Send them all to Hell Fire.

23 Likes

Re: How President Buhari Can Stop Boko Haram - Prophet Cardinal Onaiyekan by 123CarZ(m): 12:07am On Nov 22, 2015
Hahaha well i fink the bishop should initiate d negotiation process by mediating d bh and the fgn

8 Likes

Re: How President Buhari Can Stop Boko Haram - Prophet Cardinal Onaiyekan by faray: 12:12am On Nov 22, 2015
Extra Time Prophet

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How President Buhari Can Stop Boko Haram - Prophet Cardinal Onaiyekan by RockMaxi: 1:44am On Nov 22, 2015

I once believed that there is nothing dialogue can not solve until I started hearing about terrorism. Terrorism can only be solved with greater and opposing force, the choice of cruelty as opposition to terrorism is not wickedness. Terrorist don't understand civility.

61 Likes 6 Shares

Re: How President Buhari Can Stop Boko Haram - Prophet Cardinal Onaiyekan by likila: 1:51am On Nov 22, 2015
bishop, you and buhari can do the talking.
we is watching.
chikena

3 Likes

Re: How President Buhari Can Stop Boko Haram - Prophet Cardinal Onaiyekan by looseweight: 8:48am On Nov 22, 2015
Good one there Bishop

If you want to manage your weight, cut down excess fat from your tummy, pls come in and click the link in my signature
Re: How President Buhari Can Stop Boko Haram - Prophet Cardinal Onaiyekan by kennyman2000(m): 8:48am On Nov 22, 2015
Hmmmmm
Re: How President Buhari Can Stop Boko Haram - Prophet Cardinal Onaiyekan by Atmmachine(m): 8:48am On Nov 22, 2015
Buhari will end the Boko Haram activities next week.

Buhari will start giving out 10 thousand naira to every Nigeria citizen this week.

Buhari will make the fuel price 10 naira.

Buhari will make $1 to amount to 10 naira next week.

Buhari will bring back the kidnapped Chibok girls tomorrow.

I love Buhari so much.

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How President Buhari Can Stop Boko Haram - Prophet Cardinal Onaiyekan by reaky(m): 8:48am On Nov 22, 2015
Negotiations with terrorist ?
Tell me something else

The more you read and
observe about this Politics thing,
you got to admit that each party
is worse than the other.
The one that”s out always looks the best.

4 Likes

Re: How President Buhari Can Stop Boko Haram - Prophet Cardinal Onaiyekan by Generalkorex(m): 8:48am On Nov 22, 2015
Its never to late.
You want to dialogue with faceless and hearthless people.?
Continu

1 Like

Re: How President Buhari Can Stop Boko Haram - Prophet Cardinal Onaiyekan by Dottore: 8:49am On Nov 22, 2015
Hmmm when did he add "prophet" to his name
Re: How President Buhari Can Stop Boko Haram - Prophet Cardinal Onaiyekan by Emeskhalifa(m): 8:49am On Nov 22, 2015
End time prophet

5 Likes

Re: How President Buhari Can Stop Boko Haram - Prophet Cardinal Onaiyekan by tinobrace(m): 8:49am On Nov 22, 2015
Nice one really!
Re: How President Buhari Can Stop Boko Haram - Prophet Cardinal Onaiyekan by Caleboha(m): 8:49am On Nov 22, 2015
x
Re: How President Buhari Can Stop Boko Haram - Prophet Cardinal Onaiyekan by noetic5: 8:49am On Nov 22, 2015
yes boss! Oh Lord, what is this world turning into. See what this naija endowed babe want u to see. If u are below 18 pls don't open shocked shocked :ohttp://www.latestamebonaija.com/2015/11/see-what-this-se-xy-naija-babe-is.html
Re: How President Buhari Can Stop Boko Haram - Prophet Cardinal Onaiyekan by chrischina(m): 8:50am On Nov 22, 2015
God help us
Re: How President Buhari Can Stop Boko Haram - Prophet Cardinal Onaiyekan by Nobody: 8:50am On Nov 22, 2015
we dont negotiate with terrorists. did they negotiate with the families they killed or blew up? God forgive me but they deserve the same treatement they have dished out to the innocents

2 Likes

Re: How President Buhari Can Stop Boko Haram - Prophet Cardinal Onaiyekan by Aliyu333: 8:50am On Nov 22, 2015
Re: How President Buhari Can Stop Boko Haram - Prophet Cardinal Onaiyekan by MrSmith007: 8:51am On Nov 22, 2015
December don reach oooo grin

5 Likes

Re: How President Buhari Can Stop Boko Haram - Prophet Cardinal Onaiyekan by iambabaG: 8:51am On Nov 22, 2015
Dialogue is only applicable wen dealing wit "sane minded" pple..
Dis guys r far from humanity nd as such be treated as d "ANIMALS" dey've turned demselves into!!
Dis is nt a spiritual warfare.. Dis is an actual one.

4 Likes

Re: How President Buhari Can Stop Boko Haram - Prophet Cardinal Onaiyekan by Nobody: 8:51am On Nov 22, 2015
jaymejate:
Oga pastor, no de fall my hands abeg.

It is operation kill them all. Send them all to Hell Fire.

The purpose of war is to achieve peace even after the second world war, the western world contributed money to rebuild Germany which they destroyed during the war.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How President Buhari Can Stop Boko Haram - Prophet Cardinal Onaiyekan by Dopeyomi(m): 8:51am On Nov 22, 2015
end time stopping..

2 Likes

Re: How President Buhari Can Stop Boko Haram - Prophet Cardinal Onaiyekan by sule17(m): 8:51am On Nov 22, 2015
For the benefit of our great nation
Re: How President Buhari Can Stop Boko Haram - Prophet Cardinal Onaiyekan by Nobody: 8:52am On Nov 22, 2015
I pray the dullard's skull assimilates this sensible measure this time.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How President Buhari Can Stop Boko Haram - Prophet Cardinal Onaiyekan by Carlson001(m): 8:52am On Nov 22, 2015
Where was dis post when others were makin FP? I recommend Dr. Ken Katas to tryna talk to dem!
BYW, End time solutions for End time insurgency!
Re: How President Buhari Can Stop Boko Haram - Prophet Cardinal Onaiyekan by damiloladuke: 8:52am On Nov 22, 2015
nice one

DO YOU NEED LAPTOP LIGHTS? CHECK MY SIGNATURE
Re: How President Buhari Can Stop Boko Haram - Prophet Cardinal Onaiyekan by Henrypraise: 8:52am On Nov 22, 2015
Re: How President Buhari Can Stop Boko Haram - Prophet Cardinal Onaiyekan by DickDastardly(m): 8:52am On Nov 22, 2015
End time cardinal

1 Like

Re: How President Buhari Can Stop Boko Haram - Prophet Cardinal Onaiyekan by iceberylin(m): 8:54am On Nov 22, 2015
Weed grin

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How President Buhari Can Stop Boko Haram - Prophet Cardinal Onaiyekan by chiddye(m): 8:54am On Nov 22, 2015
can you negotiate yourself out of an ideology, terrorism can only be curbed not eradicated by intelligence and not brute force that the Nigerian army is using today.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

COVID-19: Ogun Makes Wearing Of Facemasks compulsory From Friday / Throwback Video Of Obasanjo Appreciating Tinubu's Achievements as Governor. / Wike: Those Saying I Want To Destroy PDP Over Presidential Ticket Loss Are Sick

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.