Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,897 members, 7,802,892 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:00 AM

Is Working On Sunday Really A Sin? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Working On Sunday Really A Sin? (1203 Views)

Sex All Night And Then Church On Sunday Morning / Is It A Sin To Have Sex With Wife On Sunday? / Is Sunday Really Sacred? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Working On Sunday Really A Sin? by virginboy1(m): 6:27am On Nov 22, 2015
On Saturday while enjoying the el classico match between Barcelona vs Real Madrid, I received a call from a colleague that we are coming to work on Sunday as instructed by our boss.
I told a friend about it, and he was like, It is a sin for one to work on Sunday.
*To all the Christians on this platform, do you for feel that working on Sunday is a no no, even though it wasn't your making.
*Also, if you were called upon by your boss to come straight to the office on Sunday, how would you react?
Thank you

lalasticlala
Re: Is Working On Sunday Really A Sin? by Beesluv: 6:44am On Nov 22, 2015
IMO, its not but body no be firewood
Re: Is Working On Sunday Really A Sin? by segebobo: 6:54am On Nov 22, 2015
Especially when it involves essential services it's not regarded as a sin. The bible contain laws which serve as principles for successful living. If someone worked for all days of the week without rest, it's in no time, the person will breakdown
Re: Is Working On Sunday Really A Sin? by Tallesty1(m): 6:59am On Nov 22, 2015
segebobo:
Especially when it involves essential services it's not regarded as a sin. The bible contain laws which serve as principles for successful living. If someone worked for all days of the week without rest, it's in no time, the person will breakdown
Bible didn't say anything about working on Sunday
Re: Is Working On Sunday Really A Sin? by permsec: 7:00am On Nov 22, 2015
My brother make your money anyday anytime. Just fear God and respect man also learn to give alms.

Poverty itself is the biggest sin to mankind.

1 Like

Re: Is Working On Sunday Really A Sin? by Bisjosh(f): 7:08am On Nov 22, 2015
Smh! And I do hope that your friend shouting "is a sin" would provide another job for you.

Peoples' reasoning baffles me at times. Are u saying Doctors, customer Service reps, pharmacists, restaurants/fastfood workers,Police etc are sinners because they work on sundays?! undecided

1 Like

Re: Is Working On Sunday Really A Sin? by Nobody: 7:10am On Nov 22, 2015
You should worship your God that day...

Re: Is Working On Sunday Really A Sin? by peeparty(m): 7:26am On Nov 22, 2015
I WANT YOU TO CONSIDER THIS, THERE ARE PEOPLE EMPLOYED BY THE CHURCH, FULL TIME WORKERS NOT EVEN THE MAN OF GOD, AND THEY WORK ON SUNDAY AND GET PAID AT THE END OF THE MONTH, WHERE DO YOU CLASSIFY THIS TYPE OF WORKING. MY VIEW ON WORKING ON SUNDAY STANDS ON EACH PERSON’S LEVEL OF CHRISTIAN LIFE COMMITMENT TO GOD. #SIMPLE.

1 Like

Re: Is Working On Sunday Really A Sin? by godofwar666(m): 7:26am On Nov 22, 2015
Don't worry God will understand, after work u can later go for the evening service
Re: Is Working On Sunday Really A Sin? by cold(m): 7:29am On Nov 22, 2015
Okay first off,Sunday is not the true day of worship. Saturday is according to the Torah of the Jews where the bible was plagiarised from. Sunday is a Catholic innovation whence from other churches to their day of worship from.
Secondly, when Jesus was plucking corn on the sabbath and his disciples were looking at him funny,he told them the sabbath was made for man and not man for the sabbath (Matthew 2:27)
Thirdly,i'm an Atheist teaching you what you ought to know. But since you folks barely read your bibles just mechanical Christians who need to be wound up every Sunday to go to church,listen to some crowd pleasing and motivational sermon,gyrate,speak your gibberish, put money in the plate & leave till the next Sunday. Thought i'd point this out to you. Hope it helps.
Re: Is Working On Sunday Really A Sin? by Femtel(m): 7:31am On Nov 22, 2015
ASSOCIATION OF END TIME
Re: Is Working On Sunday Really A Sin? by Emeskhalifa(m): 7:33am On Nov 22, 2015
lipsrsealed
Re: Is Working On Sunday Really A Sin? by virginboy1(m): 11:00pm On Nov 22, 2015
cold:
Okay first off,Sunday is not the true day of worship. Saturday is according to the Torah of the Jews where the bible was plagiarised from. Sunday is a Catholic innovation whence from other churches to their day of worship from.
Secondly, when Jesus was plucking corn on the sabbath and his disciples were looking at him funny,he told them the sabbath was made for man and not man for the sabbath (Matthew 2:27)
Thirdly,i'm an Atheist teaching you what you ought to know. But since you folks barely read your bibles just mechanical Christians who need to be wound up every Sunday to go to church,listen to some crowd pleasing and motivational sermon,gyrate,speak your gibberish, put money in the plate & leave till the next Sunday. Thought i'd point this out to you. Hope it helps.
Nice assertions, but as an atheist you feel there is no God? How come did all entities came into existence ?
Re: Is Working On Sunday Really A Sin? by virginboy1(m): 11:02pm On Nov 22, 2015
peeparty:

I WANT YOU TO CONSIDER THIS, THERE ARE PEOPLE EMPLOYED BY THE CHURCH, FULL TIME WORKERS NOT EVEN THE MAN OF GOD, AND THEY WORK ON SUNDAY AND GET PAID AT THE END OF THE MONTH, WHERE DO YOU CLASSIFY THIS TYPE OF WORKING. MY VIEW ON WORKING ON SUNDAY STANDS ON EACH PERSON’S LEVEL OF CHRISTIAN LIFE COMMITMENT TO GOD. #SIMPLE.
There is lot of sense in what you said that
Re: Is Working On Sunday Really A Sin? by virginboy1(m): 11:03pm On Nov 22, 2015
peeparty:

There is lot of sense in what you said that
Re: Is Working On Sunday Really A Sin? by Nobody: 10:41am On Feb 20, 2019
virginboy1:
On Saturday while enjoying the el classico match between Barcelona vs Real Madrid, I received a call from a colleague that we are coming to work on Sunday as instructed by our boss.
I told a friend about it, and he was like, It is a sin for one to work on Sunday.
*To all the Christians on this platform, do you for feel that working on Sunday is a no no, even though it wasn't your making.
*Also, if you were called upon by your boss to come straight to the office on Sunday, how would you react?
Thank you

lalasticlala
Does my work entails working on Sunday? If yes I would plan myself to attend weekly activities instead of been a Sunday Sunday worshipper. It is better I attend other weekly activities to miss Sunday than attend just Sunday service

(1) (Reply)

Prayers For Healing – Prayer Points That Works Effectively / Daddy Freeze And Wale Gates Criticizes Winners Pastor, Oyedepo (photos) / Bishop Oyedepo: "Nigeria Has Highest Church Attendance World Over"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.