Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,034 members, 7,807,088 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:22 AM

Christian Families In The House Is It Wrong To Work On Sunday - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Christian Families In The House Is It Wrong To Work On Sunday (1026 Views)

10 Richest Families In Nigeria 2018 By ManucheTv / Is It Wrong To Stay In Your Own Lane When Newly Married? / Union Presents Cash To Needy Nigerian Families In South Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Christian Families In The House Is It Wrong To Work On Sunday by virginboy1(m): 6:34am On Nov 22, 2015
On Saturday while enjoying the el classico match between Barcelona vs Real Madrid, I received a call from a colleague that we are coming to work on Sunday as instructed by our boss. I told a friend about it, and he was like, It is a sin for one to work on Sunday. *To all the Christians on this platform, do you for feel that working on Sunday is a no no, even though it wasn't your making. *Also, if you were called upon by your boss to come straight to the office on Sunday, how would you react? Thank you
Re: Christian Families In The House Is It Wrong To Work On Sunday by rheether(f): 6:50am On Nov 22, 2015
No. Sunday is the first day of the week.
Re: Christian Families In The House Is It Wrong To Work On Sunday by Nobody: 6:56am On Nov 22, 2015
It is stated in the bible thou shall restrain from any work on thy Sabbath day and keep it holy including thy servants working under you. But in today's world we work round d calender even though the owner of a company is a Christian.
Like for me now am not even on land to smell church am on duty right now so is everyone here you can't go ashore but when am off at home I muster in the church n don't work.
Can't really tell if its a sin or not.
Re: Christian Families In The House Is It Wrong To Work On Sunday by Tallesty1(m): 6:58am On Nov 22, 2015
seawoman:
It is stated in the bible thou shall restrain from any work on thy Sabbath day and keep it holy including thy servants working under you. But in today's world we work round d calender even though the owner of a company is a Christian.
Like for me now am not even on land to smell church am on duty right now so is everyone here you can't go ashore but when am off at home I muster in the church n don't work.
Can't really tell if its a sin or not.
Sabbath day is not Sunday nah

Sunday is the first day of the week.

1 Like

Re: Christian Families In The House Is It Wrong To Work On Sunday by Exponental(m): 7:09am On Nov 22, 2015
If God blesses you with a job that requires you work 'anytime', He won't take it as a sin if you work on Sundays. He understands that service to humanity is an act of love which He wants. But don't abuse it!
Re: Christian Families In The House Is It Wrong To Work On Sunday by godofwar666(m): 7:22am On Nov 22, 2015
Don't worry God will understand, after the work you can later go to the Evening service
Re: Christian Families In The House Is It Wrong To Work On Sunday by Nobody: 7:55am On Nov 22, 2015
Tallesty1:
Sabbath day is not Sunday nah

Sunday is the first day of the week.

It doesn't really matter where Sunday fall's in a week the fact is to keep the sabbath day holy since Sunday have been chosen to be d holy day for Christians we don't have any choice here cos everyday is a work day for companies except for those in the government sector.
Re: Christian Families In The House Is It Wrong To Work On Sunday by mathewmozay: 3:56pm On Nov 22, 2015
My dear, is very bad for a person to work on sunday because God has eradicate that very day of rest and to serve him because he has protect you from monday to saturday so you also need to respect him to do so. God says you should keep the sabbath day holy with your servant working under you. My own advice is that! Try to keep the commandment of God your saviour, don't do it because is an abomination by God.
Re: Christian Families In The House Is It Wrong To Work On Sunday by virginboy1(m): 4:44am On Nov 23, 2015
mathewmozay:
My dear, is very bad for a person to work on sunday because God has eradicate that very day of rest and to serve him because he has protect you from monday to saturday so you also need to respect him to do so. God says you should keep the sabbath day holy with your servant working under you. My own advice is that! Try to keep the commandment of God your saviour, don't do it because is an abomination by God.
But Saturday was the day GOD rested which is the Sabbath day. But people work on the day

(1) (Reply)

Bid Farewell To Your Loved Ones You Lost In The Year 2015 / OTOKOTO Saga / New Parents John Legend And Chrissy Teigen Look So In Love

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.