Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,819 members, 7,802,623 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:40 PM

Why Only In Africa And Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Only In Africa And Nigeria (1282 Views)

Jonathan Made Me The Richest Man In Africa And 25th In The World - Dangote / Photo Of Africa And Europe At Night From Space / Bishop Matthew Kukah Diagnoses Buhari And Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Only In Africa And Nigeria by Abbey2sam(m): 9:14am On Nov 22, 2015
Recently many of us criticised the media and public condemnation of lob sidedness in the reportage of terrorist activities in Nigeria and other African countries as compared to developed nations in the wake of ‪#‎ParisAttack‬. After a careful analysis, I realised that Africans are generally pathetic in their nature in terms of public conduct and dignity of human person. I am not saying that biasness is a good thing but I observed that our public conduct on Facebook, twitter, Google+ and etc is what portrays our low respect for human life.
In #ParisAttack it was reported that about 130 people were massacred but we never saw the social media floated with horrible photos and images of dead persons. They dignify even the dead ones but we don't. They mourn their tragedy by posting goodwill messages, prayers, beautiful flowers and they go to the scene just to present flowers and comforting poems to the victims and families but we rush to the blast or accident scenes to take pictures of horrible scary human flesh and corpses scattered by the blast or accident to share on social media without consent, we post inciting statements on social media instead of prayers and beautiful and comforting poems.
I don't think you will be happy if anybody post your naked dead body on Facebook in the name of mourning, this is rather an insult to your human person. No religion permit molestation of the dead and we can publicise the tragedy to attract sympathy across the globe even without exposing their body to the world, they deserve to be dignified and respected.
‪#‎Pray4Kano‬
‪#‎Pray4Yola‬
‪#‎Pray4Nigeria‬
‪#‎Pray4TheWorld‬
‪#‎Pray4TheMilitary‬
‪#‎RespectTheDead‬

lets share this

cc lalasticlala, please i need people to see this

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Only In Africa And Nigeria by emmyhumble(m): 9:59am On Nov 22, 2015
Op you are absolutely on point

Aal izz well...
Re: Why Only In Africa And Nigeria by mandhi(m): 10:16am On Nov 22, 2015
Respect for human life is absolutely important OP nice write up
Re: Why Only In Africa And Nigeria by Nobody: 11:02am On Nov 22, 2015
Na APC startam...
Re: Why Only In Africa And Nigeria by shockwave(m): 1:01pm On Dec 03, 2015
NOBLEDANDY:
Na APC startam...
end time Dandy! grin
Re: Why Only In Africa And Nigeria by Nobody: 3:56pm On Dec 03, 2015
shockwave:
end time Dandy! grin

Receive sense you no gree.
Re: Why Only In Africa And Nigeria by Nobody: 11:20pm On Dec 05, 2015
Now this are threads that should be on the front page ..but some folks won't see it as such.

Sometimes I do wonder who allows such horror images to get to the FP.

(1) (Reply)

DSS Gets Court Order To Detain Kanu, Radio Biafran Leader For Another 90 Days / Biafra And Nairaland Rule 9 / President Buhari To Visit Saudi Arabia, Qatar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.