Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,317 members, 7,780,772 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 09:46 PM

I Thought John Grisham Was Too Much, I've Seen Another - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / I Thought John Grisham Was Too Much, I've Seen Another (761 Views)

The Worst Ending A John Grisham Book Ever Had! / John Grisham Or Sydney Sheldon / John Grisham Fan Club (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Thought John Grisham Was Too Much, I've Seen Another by slap1(m): 12:23pm On May 23, 2009
i am a great 'grishamist', make no mistakes about that. i was so taken with his legal books considering the fact that i intend studying Law. i first read his The Rainmaker, and what a book! i was beginning to pledge Grisham forever when i stumbled on this book: Lost Lake, by Phillip Margolin. my experience was ineffable. i dug deeper into the author's background and discovered he was also a lawyer (criminal) of repute in Oregon. however, i feel selfish for not sharing my experience of this writer whose books are all New York Times Bestsellers. if you have read this writer, share your experience. if you thing i'm bluffing visit his site: phillipmargolin.com

PHIL'S BOOKS: FICTION

Fugitive (2009)
Executive Privilege (2008)
Proof Positive (2006)
Lost Lake (2005)
Sleeping Beauty (2004)
Ties That Bind (2003)
The Associate (2002)
Wild Justice (2000)
The Undertaker's Widow (1998)
The Burning Man (1996)
After Dark (1995)
Gone, But Not Forgotten (1993)
The Last Innocent Man (1981)
Heartstone (1978)

PHIL'S BOOKS: SHORT STORIES

The Jailhouse Lawyer (1998)
Angie's Delight (1998)
The Girl in the Yellow Bikini (1974)

you can also check this out:FUGITIVE

Amanda Jaffe, the heroine of WILD JUSTICE and PROOF POSITIVE, is back—in this twisting tale of international intrigue and murder that leads her deep into the past… and into the crosshairs of a killer.

Charlie Marsh, a petty thief and con man, becomes a national hero when he rescues the warden of a state penitentiary during a prison riot, but it doesn't take long before he is wanted again, suspected of killing a United States congressman. After twelve years of living in the African nation of Batanga, at the mercy of Jean-Claude Baptiste, a sadistic, power-mad dictator, Charlie flees for home to face his murder charge, when Baptiste learns about Charlie's affair with the tyrant's favorite wife.

But it's not just the state of Oregon that's got it in for the philandering con. Criminal lawyer Amanda Jaffe has her work cut out for her. She must keep Charlie off death row, protect him from the head of Baptiste's deadly secret police, and prevent him from being caught by a shadowy killer who will stop at nothing to keep the truth about a decade-old crime buried forever.
CRITICAL PRAISE FOR PHILLIP MARGOLIN’S FUGITIVE:

"Entertaining… a plot set on full boil… All will enjoy following the resourceful Amanda as she puts the puzzle pieces together."

— Publishers Weekly
and so on, and on.
Re: I Thought John Grisham Was Too Much, I've Seen Another by tubabie(f): 12:43pm On May 23, 2009
I have not read his books! Will go find out more about him and get a read i can comment on.
Re: I Thought John Grisham Was Too Much, I've Seen Another by slap1(m): 1:17pm On May 23, 2009
do that. but bear in mind, you could miss either church or mosque reading it!
Re: I Thought John Grisham Was Too Much, I've Seen Another by tubabie(f): 1:22pm On May 23, 2009
slap1:

do that. but bear in mind, you could miss either church or mosque reading it!

Hehe, i can handle that! cheesy
Used to be a novel freak but am more controlled now. thanks
Re: I Thought John Grisham Was Too Much, I've Seen Another by slap1(m): 2:00pm On May 23, 2009
good for you.
Re: I Thought John Grisham Was Too Much, I've Seen Another by cutie999(f): 10:17am On Jun 25, 2009
enuf legal authors.try lisa scottoline or perri o shaugnesy. they rock, wink though grisham is more conservative,
Re: I Thought John Grisham Was Too Much, I've Seen Another by Nobody: 3:34pm On Jun 30, 2009
I think grisham is good, but what he is really great at is making interesting reading of everyday circumstances. read more hadley chase, lets noy forget the thriller maestro so soon! brad meltzer, john lescroart, and lee child are nice too. especially child. your first meeting with jack reacher will be breath taking!
Re: I Thought John Grisham Was Too Much, I've Seen Another by slap1(m): 5:24pm On Jul 01, 2009
i can't ever forget Hadley Chase, the evergreen thriller maestro. as for the other authors, the problem is seeing their books in Aba, Nigeria, cos dats were i come from.

(1) (Reply)

How To Get Your First Movie Job / Leave Her Alone / Ulli Beier dies at 88

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.