Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,087 members, 7,807,245 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:32 AM

Today's Google Doodle Symbol Kinda Offensive To The Black Race - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Today's Google Doodle Symbol Kinda Offensive To The Black Race (5040 Views)

Airtel Pulls Out Of Race To Purchase 9mobile As Globacom Fails To Submit a Bid / Guys Am Just Kinda Confuse,what Is Your Take On This Pls. / Latest Channel In Multi TV, Frequency And Symbol Rate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Today's Google Doodle Symbol Kinda Offensive To The Black Race by Amaechi5(m): 6:59am On Nov 24, 2015
Who saw today's Google Doodle as an offence to the black race, today Google celebrated 41st discovery of Lucy (homo sapiens fossil) in 1974 by Donald Johanson and Tom Gray in Ethiopia.The illustration showing a stylised theory of evolution from apes to humans that is human beings were apes before but if you look at the Google doodle it shows an ape that transformed into a man(black). To me this is kinda offensive as they still believe that Africans were apes before they transformed into humans.
My opinion though.

Re: Today's Google Doodle Symbol Kinda Offensive To The Black Race by lanre316: 7:10am On Nov 24, 2015
The earliest hominids were dark in colour. That's a fact. And facts should not be offensive to a sincere person.

44 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Today's Google Doodle Symbol Kinda Offensive To The Black Race by lanre316: 7:14am On Nov 24, 2015
Also, you said " they still believe that Africans were apes before they transformed into humans"

Where did you get this from?

5 Likes

Re: Today's Google Doodle Symbol Kinda Offensive To The Black Race by Amaechi5(m): 7:18am On Nov 24, 2015
lanre316:
Also, you said " they still believe that Africans were apes before they transformed into humans"

Where did you get this from?
Would like you to explain this line to me The illustration showing a stylised theory of evolution from apes to humans and to the pic above.
Re: Today's Google Doodle Symbol Kinda Offensive To The Black Race by Amaechi5(m): 7:18am On Nov 24, 2015
lanre316:
The earliest hominids were dark in colour. That's a fact. And facts should not be offensive to a sincere person.
Dark in colour? hmmmmm.
Re: Today's Google Doodle Symbol Kinda Offensive To The Black Race by lanre316: 7:27am On Nov 24, 2015
Amaechi5:

Would like you to explain this line to me The illustration showing a stylised theory of evolution from apes to humans and to the pic above.

First of all, the theory of evolution didn't state that we humans descended from apes. That's a misinformation and misunderstanding of the evolution theory. It's that we humans and apes share a common ancestry but we differentiated over millions of generations. Please read further on evolution, genetics, variations and heredity. You can get all these information freely on Wikipedia. And please, nobody is saying you must "believe" in evolution theory. You only need to understand the evidence that supports that theory.

Thanks.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Today's Google Doodle Symbol Kinda Offensive To The Black Race by jejemanito: 7:31am On Nov 24, 2015
lanre316:
Don't mind the idi0t

Africans always playing pity party

The mofo didn't tell us why the first image(an ape) wasn't black in colour

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Today's Google Doodle Symbol Kinda Offensive To The Black Race by callmelanner(m): 7:54am On Nov 24, 2015
Everything seems offensive to blacks! undecided

6 Likes

Re: Today's Google Doodle Symbol Kinda Offensive To The Black Race by ril19(m): 8:41am On Nov 24, 2015
It's Nothing. They're Just Depicting Evolution, Which Is Baseless And Remains Unexplained Till Date.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Today's Google Doodle Symbol Kinda Offensive To The Black Race by lanre316: 8:46am On Nov 24, 2015
ril19:
It's Nothing. They're Just Depicting Evolution, Which Is Baseless And Remains Unexplained Till Date.

LOL. You might as well say every other scientific and technological knowledge remain baseless and remain unexplained. Cos the explanation and the evidence for evolution, as well as for other scientific knowledge, is there for anyone to see especially in this information age.

2 Likes

Re: Today's Google Doodle Symbol Kinda Offensive To The Black Race by haywire07(m): 9:21am On Nov 24, 2015
Amaechi5:
Who saw today's Google Doodle as an offence to the black race, today Google celebrated 41st discovery of Lucy (homo sapiens fossil) in 1974 by Donald Johanson and Tom Gray in Ethiopia.The illustration showing a stylised theory of evolution from apes to humans that is human beings were apes before but if you look at the Google doodle it shows an ape that transformed into a man(black). To me this is kinda offensive as they still believe that Africans were apes before they transformed into humans.
My opinion though.
U guys like to make a case out of nothing . I wasn't offended even a bit. Cos I see transformation into a man not a black man!

3 Likes

Re: Today's Google Doodle Symbol Kinda Offensive To The Black Race by musicwriter(m): 9:54am On Nov 24, 2015
Human life began in Africa.

Therefore, every human race came from blackman. Every other race is a product of blackman.

Adam and Eve were black people.

There's only one race. BLACKS.

Blackman created the world!!.

NB: I'm working on a song on this topic. It's smoking hot in the studio right now and already at mastering stage, as I speak. Check it out on iTunes by January 2016. The title would probably be "do you know?". Artiste name: Africason.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Today's Google Doodle Symbol Kinda Offensive To The Black Race by wunmi2odun(m): 10:14am On Nov 24, 2015
Re: Today's Google Doodle Symbol Kinda Offensive To The Black Race by keVeeeN: 10:16am On Nov 24, 2015
Uneducated post
Re: Today's Google Doodle Symbol Kinda Offensive To The Black Race by chiddye(m): 10:20am On Nov 24, 2015
www.nairaland.com/2758113/legalising-marijuana-nigerian-economy
checkout the economic benefits of legalising marijuana
Re: Today's Google Doodle Symbol Kinda Offensive To The Black Race by Nobody: 10:24am On Nov 24, 2015
ur opinions don matter, stop reading meaning to nothing. u accuse google of racism/offence yet u practice tribalism in your country Nigeria. abegi

2 Likes

Re: Today's Google Doodle Symbol Kinda Offensive To The Black Race by Ultimus: 10:49am On Nov 24, 2015
ril19:

It's 2015. Do not be willfully ignorant. Evolution is now a theory with numerous applications. Do tell, how is it possible to apply a theory that is baseless like you claim? For clarity, evolution is applied today in medicine, agriculture, biotechnology and even computer science. The advances made daily in those areas of science makes evolution anything but baseless and unexplained.

1 Like

Re: Today's Google Doodle Symbol Kinda Offensive To The Black Race by Koolmexxi(m): 10:54am On Nov 24, 2015
Some of una like quarrel pass fight... U even knew d reason for d doodle and yet u claim it's offensive to the black race. U don see albino ape before Or did dey different race and colours in wateva theory of evolution u learnt? Na only we get d mindset dat d devil is black but yet we scream racism at any depiction of black dat doesn't suit us.

1 Like

Re: Today's Google Doodle Symbol Kinda Offensive To The Black Race by xtervaganza(m): 11:20am On Nov 24, 2015
This op get malaria

2 Likes

Re: Today's Google Doodle Symbol Kinda Offensive To The Black Race by fr3do(m): 11:58am On Nov 24, 2015
lanre316:

An ape's hair may be dark but its skin is white just like chicken.
Re: Today's Google Doodle Symbol Kinda Offensive To The Black Race by Nobody: 12:32pm On Nov 24, 2015
Amaechi5:
My opinion though.

yup.. your Opinion.. it counts too
Re: Today's Google Doodle Symbol Kinda Offensive To The Black Race by Elxandre(m): 1:45pm On Nov 24, 2015
Blacks and their racial Wahala..

There's black entertainment Television (BET), but if there was an established White Entertainment Television, Blacks will scream "Discrimination"

Hypocritical sad

5 Likes

Re: Today's Google Doodle Symbol Kinda Offensive To The Black Race by scarr: 2:13pm On Nov 24, 2015
why didnt u say d first stage was racist??
Op is on some whiteman weed wink wink
Re: Today's Google Doodle Symbol Kinda Offensive To The Black Race by Phrankin(m): 3:47pm On Nov 24, 2015
OP, in fact I personally find your post offensive. Why must you use a black font? Are you calling me back? In fact, I demand an official apology written with a white ink. What an affrontery and insult to dgnity as a person!!!

OK, on a serious note, we blacks should stop all these victim mentality, stop blaming others for our shortcomings and start taking charge of our lives.

Or better still, create your own google and draw a white man in the form of a white rat or anything that fancies you. After all person wey create google no get two heads.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Today's Google Doodle Symbol Kinda Offensive To The Black Race by Orobo2Lekpa: 4:48pm On Nov 24, 2015
Amaechi5:
My opinion though.

Who are "they" that still believe that Africans were apes before they transformed into humans
Re: Today's Google Doodle Symbol Kinda Offensive To The Black Race by kelechiMarie(f): 5:08pm On Nov 24, 2015
It's not offensive to me tho.

2 Likes

Re: Today's Google Doodle Symbol Kinda Offensive To The Black Race by Viktor1983(m): 5:38pm On Nov 24, 2015
Not offensive to me either
Re: Today's Google Doodle Symbol Kinda Offensive To The Black Race by parrotibaba(m): 7:04pm On Nov 24, 2015
Must everything be about race? undecided

Seriously this racism BS is starting to piss me off. Last I checked, black is a color just like white and yellow.

2 Likes

Re: Today's Google Doodle Symbol Kinda Offensive To The Black Race by Youngzedd(m): 7:17pm On Nov 24, 2015
lanre316:

LOL. You might as well say every other scientific and technological knowledge remain baseless and remain unexplained. Cos the explanation and the evidence for evolution, as well as for other scientific knowledge, is there for anyone to see especially in this information age.
Re: Today's Google Doodle Symbol Kinda Offensive To The Black Race by Youngzedd(m): 7:17pm On Nov 24, 2015
Ultimus:

It's 2015. Do not be willfully ignorant. Evolution is now a theory with numerous applications. Do tell, how is it possible to apply a theory that is baseless like you claim? For clarity, evolution is applied today in medicine, agriculture, biotechnology and even computer science. The advances made daily in those areas of science makes evolution anything but baseless and unexplained.

(1) (2) (Reply)

. / Do Not Buy Tecno F6 For Any Reason / New AGM X1 Rugged Phone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.