Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,610 members, 7,801,772 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 10:30 PM

How Can I Host My Website From A Wamp Server ? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / How Can I Host My Website From A Wamp Server ? (796 Views)

Which Wamp Server Is Compatable To Window Xp / How To Send Emails From Wamp Server (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can I Host My Website From A Wamp Server ? by tunddy(m): 11:07am On Nov 24, 2015
pls is it possible to host a website from a wamp server?.....if yes pls tell me the procedure thanks.
Re: How Can I Host My Website From A Wamp Server ? by olatpic(m): 11:53am On Nov 24, 2015
You cannot host your site on a wamp/local server, you need to transfer all the files from your local server to a live/web server.

To do this you need to register a domain name and web hosting account.
Re: How Can I Host My Website From A Wamp Server ? by tunddy(m): 12:06pm On Nov 24, 2015
when i register a domain name and web hosting how will i now transfer it to a live/web server ?
Re: How Can I Host My Website From A Wamp Server ? by olatpic(m): 6:35pm On Nov 24, 2015
You can use either ftp client or file manager.

ftp is a standalone software that you can use to transfer your files while file manager is available inside your web hosting account.
Re: How Can I Host My Website From A Wamp Server ? by tunddy(m): 6:24pm On Nov 25, 2015
okie thank you plenty....pls one more thing i have a challenge on my wordpress local host....i have a website i just built on it currently so i want to build another fresh website on it and i don't want to loose the formal one pls how do i go about it?.
Re: How Can I Host My Website From A Wamp Server ? by bedfordng(m): 5:39pm On Nov 26, 2015
tunddy:
pls is it possible to host a website from a wamp server?.....if yes pls tell me the procedure thanks.
yes you can but other people cannot access it. Its mostly used for offline development
Re: How Can I Host My Website From A Wamp Server ? by olatpic(m): 3:21pm On Nov 29, 2015
Leave the current installation then go ahead and install a new one with a different directory (folder) name e.g. If the installation directory (folder) for the first site is Site1, you can name the new one Site2 etc.

And thereafter, you will be able to access the website from your local machine by typing http://localhost/site1 and http://localhost/site2 in your browser for the first and second site respectively (and so on).

tunddy:
okie thank you plenty....pls one more thing i have a challenge on my wordpress local host....i have a website i just built on it currently so i want to build another fresh website on it and i don't want to loose the formal one pls how do i go about it?.

(1) (Reply)

I Would Pay You To Promote My Blog / Website Like Facebook For Sale / Job Offer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.