Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,708 members, 7,802,127 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:32 AM

Alfred Akawe-Torkula, Tor Of Tiv Is Dead - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Alfred Akawe-Torkula, Tor Of Tiv Is Dead (22948 Views)

Man Who Sat On The Throne Of Tor Tiv Barnished From TIV Land (pic) / Late Alfred Akawe Torkula Tomb In Pictures / Photos From The Burial Of Alfred Akawe-Torkula (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Alfred Akawe-Torkula, Tor Of Tiv Is Dead by oatzeal(m): 12:49pm On Nov 24, 2015
[img]http://1.bp..com/-mh_grt_Zj4g/VlRNVzWplKI/AAAAAAAHbZE/AZ_ZvnUask4/s400/index.jpg[/img]
The paramount ruler of the Tiv tribe in Benue State who is also the Tor Tiv, Dr Alfred Akawe Torkula, has died.

MAKURDI—Chairman of Benue State Council of Chiefs, Alfred Akawe Torkula, Tor Tiv IV, died yesterday in an Abuja hospital.

Vanguard learned that Chief Torkula was rushed to Abuja a week ago for medical attention after taking ill in Gboko and the news came as Northern monarchs expressed regrets over his passage.

Tor Tiv IV, Alfred Akawe Torkula
Tor Tiv IV, Alfred Akawe Torkula
News of the death of the paramount ruler filtered into town yesterday morning but at the time of filing this report, his rumoured death had not been confirmed by the traditional council.

The rumour was further heightened by the summoning of an emergency meeting of the Tiv Traditional Council in Gboko yesterday

It was gathered from an insider that after the meeting in Gboko, a delegation of the Tiv Traditional Council would depart for Makurdi to brief Governor Ortom on the development.

“It is after the briefing that the Tiv Traditional Council will announce whether The Tor Tiv, Begha-U-Tiv Orchivirigh Dr Alfred Akawe Torkura,The Tor Tiv IV, has in actual fact joined his ancestors or not,” a source said.

Meanwhile, Northern monarchs yesterday regretted the passing away of Tor Tiv, Dr. Alfred Akawu Terkula.

Chairman of Northern Traditional Council of Chiefs, the Sultan of Sokoto, Dr. Abubakar Sa’ad II, announced the demise of Tor Tiv, who was also Chairman, Benue State Traditional Council of Chiefs, during a meeting of the council in Kaduna yesterday.

Sa’ad described the late Tor Tiv as a bridge builder who has led his people into prosperity and peace in his chiefdom and the Northern region.

He said: “It is with a sad heart we announce the demise of one of our own royal father the Tor Tiv, Dr. Alfred Akawu Tukula who recently passed away.

“It is a sad moment to the Council but we take solace that during his reign he contributed immensely to the development of Tiv kingdom and the Northern region. Our only prayer is that whosoever succeeded him will continue with good works he set on ground.

“We console the people of Benue State in general and the Tiv in particular. We know that losing someone like the late Tor Tiv is not easy but they should seek solace in the fact that he was a traditional ruler of exception.

“An educationist who ensure that his people move from the level of illiteracy to literacy; a businessman who create avenues for incomes for many of his subjects.”

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/11/tor-tiv-is-dead-as-tiv-traditional-council-summons-emergency-meeting/
Re: Alfred Akawe-Torkula, Tor Of Tiv Is Dead by oatzeal(m): 12:49pm On Nov 24, 2015
RIP Dr Alfred Akawe Torkula

[size=16pt]my source: http://www.nairanaijanews.com/2015/11/aww-paramount-ruler-of-tivland-in-benue.html[/size]

2 Likes

Re: Alfred Akawe-Torkula, Tor Of Tiv Is Dead by Nobody: 12:51pm On Nov 24, 2015
Y did he answer audu's call

6 Likes

Re: Alfred Akawe-Torkula, Tor Of Tiv Is Dead by EKITI001: 1:02pm On Nov 24, 2015
CUMPOLICE01:

lol
Re: Alfred Akawe-Torkula, Tor Of Tiv Is Dead by permsec: 1:11pm On Nov 24, 2015
The Tour of Thief.

Rip sir. My regards to Audu Abubakar.
Re: Alfred Akawe-Torkula, Tor Of Tiv Is Dead by juman(m): 1:24pm On Nov 24, 2015
Eiyah. He is dead.

That generation of people are dying one after the other.

1 Like

Re: Alfred Akawe-Torkula, Tor Of Tiv Is Dead by Nobody: 1:42pm On Nov 24, 2015
RIP

- It was gathered from an insider that after the meeting in Gboko, a delegation of the Tiv Traditional Council would depart for Makurdi to brief Governor Ortom on the development. Can't they phone the governor? undecided

- "The Tor Tiv IV, has in actual fact joined his ancestors or not,”....Which ancestors? undecided

- Who succeeds the Tor Tiv IV? Might be a Tor Tiv V undecided

- The IIyu would be deployed to pass messages to the people of the village, probably for the invitation of the people for a particular meeting of the elders at the king’s palace or for the people to gather at the market square for a message from or by the king.it is now used as an instrument to indicate the death of someone

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alfred Akawe-Torkula, Tor Of Tiv Is Dead by GMan650(m): 1:42pm On Nov 24, 2015
RIP to him. May he rest in the bosom of the Lord and may God forgive him of all his sins. Hope he's a true Christian before he died, if not lipsrsealed.

Op they won't start different traditional rites in Benue State that won't allow people move freely. God help my fellow Corp members that are still in the state.
Re: Alfred Akawe-Torkula, Tor Of Tiv Is Dead by free2ryhme: 1:42pm On Nov 24, 2015
RIP

Valar Morghulis
Re: Alfred Akawe-Torkula, Tor Of Tiv Is Dead by Aminat508(f): 1:42pm On Nov 24, 2015
cry RIP
Re: Alfred Akawe-Torkula, Tor Of Tiv Is Dead by kennyman2000(m): 1:42pm On Nov 24, 2015
Hmmm... Death everywhere. Rest in peace sir. My regards to Audu.

1 Like

Re: Alfred Akawe-Torkula, Tor Of Tiv Is Dead by looseweight: 1:43pm On Nov 24, 2015
Rip papa
Re: Alfred Akawe-Torkula, Tor Of Tiv Is Dead by Elslim: 1:43pm On Nov 24, 2015
End time deaths

2 Likes

Re: Alfred Akawe-Torkula, Tor Of Tiv Is Dead by Judas2013: 1:43pm On Nov 24, 2015
He must be Kumuyi's brother cool
Re: Alfred Akawe-Torkula, Tor Of Tiv Is Dead by yusufu16: 1:43pm On Nov 24, 2015
Season of death
Re: Alfred Akawe-Torkula, Tor Of Tiv Is Dead by ibkgab001: 1:43pm On Nov 24, 2015
another hero
Re: Alfred Akawe-Torkula, Tor Of Tiv Is Dead by yyeanqah(m): 1:43pm On Nov 24, 2015
RIP
Re: Alfred Akawe-Torkula, Tor Of Tiv Is Dead by Nobody: 1:44pm On Nov 24, 2015
[size=13pt] undecided GOOD. REMAIN GEJ AND DIEZANI[/size]

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Alfred Akawe-Torkula, Tor Of Tiv Is Dead by hensben(m): 1:44pm On Nov 24, 2015
I can remember vividly one of the pastors in Nigeria prophesied of traditional rulers going beyond in 2015, that we should pray for them.
Za di do.... or something like that...

4 Likes

CUMPOLICE01:
undecided ibeere
Re: Alfred Akawe-Torkula, Tor Of Tiv Is Dead by djnonny(m): 1:44pm On Nov 24, 2015
r.i.p to d great
Re: Alfred Akawe-Torkula, Tor Of Tiv Is Dead by j4sure(m): 1:44pm On Nov 24, 2015
Rip oooooooooooo

Re: Alfred Akawe-Torkula, Tor Of Tiv Is Dead by wellmax(m): 1:45pm On Nov 24, 2015
Death death everywhere.

Are you ready to die? Yes you.
Re: Alfred Akawe-Torkula, Tor Of Tiv Is Dead by Ahmed4002(m): 1:45pm On Nov 24, 2015
Rip
Re: Alfred Akawe-Torkula, Tor Of Tiv Is Dead by menix(m): 1:45pm On Nov 24, 2015
This year have taken so many Royal Heads nd people still don't believe it's End Time..

1 Like

Re: Alfred Akawe-Torkula, Tor Of Tiv Is Dead by jomoh: 1:45pm On Nov 24, 2015
What a funny name.

Akawe Torkula. Book Reader taste death.

RIP though.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alfred Akawe-Torkula, Tor Of Tiv Is Dead by lovesamzy: 1:45pm On Nov 24, 2015
The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? the Lord is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid? ~ Psalms 27:1

Lift up your eyes to the heavens, and look upon the earth beneath: for the heavens shall vanish away like smoke, and the earth shall wax old like a garment, and they that dwell therein shall die in like manner: but my salvation shall be for ever, and my righteousness shall not be abolished. ~ Isaiah 51:6.

If you are not saved you are not safe, Life without Christ is full of Crisis, what shall it profit a man if gain the entire world and loose his soul in HELL FIRE

Jesus CHRIST is KNOCKING at your DOOR (heart) receive him by surrendering all to him and repent for all your SIN and ATHROCITY and HEAVEN IS SURE FOR YOU.

3 Likes

Re: Alfred Akawe-Torkula, Tor Of Tiv Is Dead by Nobody: 1:45pm On Nov 24, 2015
Judas2013:
He must be Kumuyi's brother cool
sad

2 Likes

Re: Alfred Akawe-Torkula, Tor Of Tiv Is Dead by richidinho(m): 1:46pm On Nov 24, 2015
SEE HIM FACE
Re: Alfred Akawe-Torkula, Tor Of Tiv Is Dead by megamank(m): 1:46pm On Nov 24, 2015
one by one them don de go..........we will all answer this call one day
Re: Alfred Akawe-Torkula, Tor Of Tiv Is Dead by Nobody: 1:46pm On Nov 24, 2015
End time death
Apc brought
Death
Calamity
Hardship
Poverty to
Nigeria
Sai baba

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Names Of Past And Present Attah Igala / Igbo People Being 'light', Is It Exaggerated? / NGWA PEOPLE: Are They Really Cannibals?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.