Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,311 members, 7,808,050 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:58 AM

Looters Have Started Returning Stolen Money- Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Looters Have Started Returning Stolen Money- Buhari (41899 Views)

PDP Doesn’t Need Your Stolen Money – Sheriff Tells Fayose, Wike To Leave / Stolen Money Are Buried In Caskets & Uncompleted Buildings – Dino Melaye / Recover Stolen Oil Money, Buhari Tells NNPC Boss (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Looters Have Started Returning Stolen Money- Buhari by neolboy(m): 12:53pm On Nov 24, 2015
President Muhammadu Buhari during his working visit in Iran has disclosed that some treasury looters have commenced returning stolen money voluntarily.

Meanwhile, the president stated that he was not pleased yet as his administration would stop at nothing to confirm all stolen funds and not a fraction was returned.

The president revealed this during a communicating session he had with members of the Nigerian community living in Iran.
The Nigerian leader didn’t list the names of the former government officials who have so far returned parts of stolen assets.

Buhari also did not reveal how much had so far been returned to Nigeria’s treasury.
The president stated that unlike what was appropriate in 1985 when he was a military head of state that suspects could be imprisoned while being probed, democracy and rule of law do not encourage that.

He said: “ On corruption; yes, they (the past government officials) are still innocent.
“But, we are collecting documents and some of them have started voluntarily returning something. But we want all.
“When we get those documents, we will formally charge them to court and then we will tell Nigerians to know those who abused trust when they are entrusted with public funds.
“So, the day of reckoning is gradually approaching.”

President Buhari also pledged to deal conclusively with saboteurs who are destroying pipelines and stealing crude oil.
“I believe if you are in touch back at home, you would have been told that already there is some improvement in power,” he noted.
“ We haven’t said anything to them yet. I think they only find it sensible or appropriate for them to try and improve the power.

“I’m sure you know about the privatisation of the power sector; your old friends NEPA or Power Holding Company of Nigeria have been sold to a number of interest groups.
“Those who normally steal Nigerian crude and those who blow up installations, whether they call themselves militants or whatever, they are still there,” he said.

Nigeria and other GECF members now account for 42 % of global gas production, 70 % of global gas reserves, 40 % of pipeline transmission of gas and 65 % of the global trade in Liquefied Natural Gas.

President Buhari is expected back to Nigeria on November 24, Tuesday.

source:https://www.naij.com/647129-looters-voluntarily-returning-stolen-funds-buhari.html

6 Likes

Re: Looters Have Started Returning Stolen Money- Buhari by neolboy(m): 12:53pm On Nov 24, 2015
I hear oo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Looters Have Started Returning Stolen Money- Buhari by Nobody: 12:55pm On Nov 24, 2015
Dis aint news... But still made fp.. .

Anti-fp prayer warriors where art thou? angry angry angry

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Looters Have Started Returning Stolen Money- Buhari by Okanokan(m): 12:55pm On Nov 24, 2015
Story, Story, Story!!!

75 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Looters Have Started Returning Stolen Money- Buhari by palladin: 12:59pm On Nov 24, 2015
They have no choice.

Any one that refuses to return money might just meet Diezani's fate or Alameyesiegha's fate

Or both. smiley smiley

Check my signature.

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Looters Have Started Returning Stolen Money- Buhari by Nobody: 1:00pm On Nov 24, 2015
lalasticlala ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh shocked

You clap when you hear that Diezani is returning to Nigeria on Friday to return real cash grin

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Looters Have Started Returning Stolen Money- Buhari by lasisi69(f): 1:55pm On Nov 24, 2015
End time looters

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Looters Have Started Returning Stolen Money- Buhari by Nobody: 1:55pm On Nov 24, 2015
undecided THATS WHY WE SANE NIGERIANS VOTED FOR YOU MR PRESIDENT. coolSOMETIMES I WISH YOU CAME BACK AS A MILITARY DICTATOR WITH FULL AND UNCHECKED POWERS TO DEAL WITH LOOTERS AND BIAFRA AGITATORS WITHOUT COURT TRIALS. DEMOCRACY IS TRULY THE ENEMY OF THE POOR MASSES BECAUSE IT CONDONES CORRUPTION AND GIVES NUISANCE LIKE NNAMDI KANU THE CHANCE TO THRIVE ALL IN THE NAME OF RULE OF LAW AND FREEDOM OF SPEECH HEREBY DELAYING INSTANCE JUSTICE WITH UNENDING COURT TRIALS. MAY YOU LIVE LONG TO RULE NIGERIA TILL 2023.

139 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Looters Have Started Returning Stolen Money- Buhari by PLANETMARS(m): 1:55pm On Nov 24, 2015
U mean oshio baba has started returning money voluntarily?

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: Looters Have Started Returning Stolen Money- Buhari by LMAyedun(m): 1:55pm On Nov 24, 2015
This guy should keep shut abeg!
He doesn't only talk too much these days but e come dey lie join am

107 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Looters Have Started Returning Stolen Money- Buhari by looseweight: 1:55pm On Nov 24, 2015
Good
Re: Looters Have Started Returning Stolen Money- Buhari by Nobody: 1:55pm On Nov 24, 2015
With the state of our economy, they should. It is only the devil incarnate that will never return their theft when we are bleeding dry
Re: Looters Have Started Returning Stolen Money- Buhari by Judas2013: 1:56pm On Nov 24, 2015
Including Pastors? e.g Kumuyi and his brethren?

5 Likes

Re: Looters Have Started Returning Stolen Money- Buhari by obowunmi(m): 1:56pm On Nov 24, 2015
Start with the Abacha family in your house a few days ago.

76 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Looters Have Started Returning Stolen Money- Buhari by appini: 1:56pm On Nov 24, 2015
Liar!!!

19 Likes

Re: Looters Have Started Returning Stolen Money- Buhari by francizy(m): 1:56pm On Nov 24, 2015
Whenever it dawns on them that they have nothing to offer, they dish out ridiculous lies to the delight of their zombies, eg, keneking... grin grin grin

141 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Looters Have Started Returning Stolen Money- Buhari by babdap: 1:56pm On Nov 24, 2015
Names pls or idonblivit.

33 Likes

Re: Looters Have Started Returning Stolen Money- Buhari by kinglekan: 1:56pm On Nov 24, 2015

Cool Story undecided

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Looters Have Started Returning Stolen Money- Buhari by Toeyoursea(m): 1:56pm On Nov 24, 2015
grin My mother said i should never say an elderly person is lying lipsrsealed

67 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Looters Have Started Returning Stolen Money- Buhari by lovesamzy: 1:56pm On Nov 24, 2015
The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? the Lord is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid? ~ Psalms 27:1

Lift up your eyes to the heavens, and look upon the earth beneath: for the heavens shall vanish away like smoke, and the earth shall wax old like a garment, and they that dwell therein shall die in like manner: but my salvation shall be for ever, and my righteousness shall not be abolished. ~ Isaiah 51:6.

If you are not saved you are not safe, Life without Christ is full of Crisis, what shall it profit a man if gain the entire world and loose his soul in HELL FIRE

Jesus CHRIST is KNOCKING at your DOOR (heart) receive him by surrendering all to him and repent for all your SIN and ATHROCITY and HEAVEN IS SURE FOR YOU.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Looters Have Started Returning Stolen Money- Buhari by Nobody: 1:57pm On Nov 24, 2015
lies. looted funds returned to be re looted by the likes of Amaechi, fashola, Ogbeh and co, tell us another story

50 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Looters Have Started Returning Stolen Money- Buhari by c4tnoelz: 1:57pm On Nov 24, 2015
nice one baba go slow

3 Likes

Re: Looters Have Started Returning Stolen Money- Buhari by erico2k2(m): 1:57pm On Nov 24, 2015
I recon this Govt just ran out of stories to tell NIGERIA grin grin grin

51 Likes

Re: Looters Have Started Returning Stolen Money- Buhari by richidinho(m): 1:57pm On Nov 24, 2015
Alwayz talking from afar, is he afraid?

anyway

52 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Looters Have Started Returning Stolen Money- Buhari by Nobody: 1:59pm On Nov 24, 2015
Shey the looters wey dey return the money no get name ni?Abi na ghost dem be?

45 Likes

Re: Looters Have Started Returning Stolen Money- Buhari by yorke1: 1:59pm On Nov 24, 2015
Same old story we keep on hearing. This man from Daura sef. Even when people don't want to call him deteriorating names, he is not helping matters at all. They should stop this dullard of a man from talking henceforth.

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Looters Have Started Returning Stolen Money- Buhari by AceRoyal: 1:59pm On Nov 24, 2015
Chai Baba U can lie oooo!
Commander In Chief of Propaganda!
When Old men lie,it's terrible.tongue

46 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Looters Have Started Returning Stolen Money- Buhari by funmilade4real(m): 1:59pm On Nov 24, 2015
Yes na
Re: Looters Have Started Returning Stolen Money- Buhari by oyetunder(m): 2:00pm On Nov 24, 2015
The wicked shall not have peace... Why stealing in the first place? When those who are entrusted with common wealth are like monkeys put in the garden of banana.

1 Like

Re: Looters Have Started Returning Stolen Money- Buhari by adjoviomole(m): 2:00pm On Nov 24, 2015
Talk is cheap dey say. Tell us d names of d so called looters let us see d faces of dem thiefs or adonbilivit!

34 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

I Am Wiser Now - Governor Akinwunmi Ambode / Ordinary President: Brekete Family To End Programme Amid Slapping Saga / Unknown Gunmen Attack Army Unit In Enugu (Pics, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.