Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,290 members, 7,807,985 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:25 AM

Would You Ever Vote For Any Ex-politician's Offspring? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Would You Ever Vote For Any Ex-politician's Offspring? (2460 Views)

Poll: Would you?

Yes: 51% (17 votes)
No: 48% (16 votes)
This poll has ended

Oldest Man To Have Ever Vote ? / Do You Know Any Ex-Student Of Dr. Goodluck Jonathan? / Deji Abiola: Like Father Like Offspring (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Would You Ever Vote For Any Ex-politician's Offspring? by sheff(m): 6:01pm On May 24, 2009
Democracy is the principles of social or political equality and respect for the individual within a community,irrespective of family or parental background or status. Allowing ex-politician's offspring(president,governor,minister,honourable,senator.etc) to contest for an office is their constitutional or democratic rights, but looking at what their parents did when they were in government which never benefitted anyone other than their family(wife's or husband and their children (offspring)) and associates.Given all these facts can their offspring ever be productive? sad
Re: Would You Ever Vote For Any Ex-politician's Offspring? by otokx(m): 6:42pm On May 24, 2009
votes don't count in nigeria because they rig all the time.
Re: Would You Ever Vote For Any Ex-politician's Offspring? by Abeem(m): 6:51pm On May 24, 2009
Aspirations to political office should not be by heredity. Tokunbo Awolowo learns this much from Lagos SDP caucus during the failed third republic.
Re: Would You Ever Vote For Any Ex-politician's Offspring? by Olaolufred(m): 7:10pm On May 24, 2009
No.
Re: Would You Ever Vote For Any Ex-politician's Offspring? by MaiSuya(m): 7:25pm On May 24, 2009
sheff:

Given all these facts can their offspring ever be productive? sad

Of course they can, but does that mean I will vote for them? That's highly unlikely.
Re: Would You Ever Vote For Any Ex-politician's Offspring? by Redman44(m): 8:23pm On May 24, 2009
I will vote for an Ex-Politician's offspring if he or she has demonstrated the will to toe a different path away from the corrupt antics of his or her father. If the aspirant is honest and has a track record of excellence, he or she has my vote. I wouldnt want to judge people because they come from a certain family. Cheers.
Re: Would You Ever Vote For Any Ex-politician's Offspring? by Afam4eva(m): 8:27pm On May 24, 2009
It runs in the blood.
Re: Would You Ever Vote For Any Ex-politician's Offspring? by astuto: 8:29pm On May 24, 2009
I might. It depends on whether he/she shows the will to be different and to shun, indeed condemn corruption and nepotism,etc.  If however, the person has good promises and words, while still associating his/her campaign with any of the present day politicians, then sorry! I shall NOT vote the person.

Let's reduce and discourage corruption in dis country. It is not only possible, but very likely when we start to ACT, not sit on our words.
Re: Would You Ever Vote For Any Ex-politician's Offspring? by MrCrackles(m): 10:21pm On May 24, 2009
Topic

Voting is not for me!

Even if it is my father or my wife!!
Re: Would You Ever Vote For Any Ex-politician's Offspring? by sparkle3: 10:40pm On May 24, 2009
I may because they just might be different from their fathers or mothers as the case may be. at least the ones that were voted for and behaved, did we know their parents' behaviour? Wot If the parents were crooks?
Re: Would You Ever Vote For Any Ex-politician's Offspring? by peteruOba: 10:53pm On May 24, 2009
not really becos believe it or not they r doing it becos their father gat their back and several godfathers dat knows their father or mother, a good example is lam adeshina's son in ibadan running for senate or house of rep, his father played a huge role im messing up oyo state abd i remember him while i was in ibadan poly and UI living life like theres no tmr.
however, i do not hate him or beef him in anyway, i would have done worse.
Re: Would You Ever Vote For Any Ex-politician's Offspring? by hackney(m): 10:55pm On May 24, 2009
How can i when i want thunder to fire their Dads for our current conditions?

You think the apple will fall far from the tree?
Your question actually implies: should political posts be handed down to offsprings?
Why dont we then create on big SOKOTO CALIPHATE of politicians and their offsprings to run things forever?

You see, for the fact that this question is asked begs another question : Is Nigeria in general stupid?
In short Goodluck
Re: Would You Ever Vote For Any Ex-politician's Offspring? by anwo247: 11:13pm On May 24, 2009
Redman44:

I will vote for an Ex-Politician's offspring if he or she has demonstrated the will to toe a different path away from the corrupt antics of his or her father. If the aspirant is honest and has a track record of excellence, he or she has my vote. I wouldnt want to judge people because they come from a certain family. Cheers.

You said it all. 10q very much.
Re: Would You Ever Vote For Any Ex-politician's Offspring? by akinalabi(m): 11:43pm On May 24, 2009
Why not?

Just take a look at Bukola Saraki. He's doing great in Kwara
state. If Kwarans had said they wont vote for him because he
is Saraki Senior's son, they wouldnt have had an opportunity to
witness such great governance
Re: Would You Ever Vote For Any Ex-politician's Offspring? by bawomolo(m): 2:12am On May 25, 2009
depends on a case by case basis.
Re: Would You Ever Vote For Any Ex-politician's Offspring? by TOYOSI20(f): 2:24am On May 25, 2009
Yup, what's good for the goose isn't necessarily good for the gander, . . . .it will take much more than the "name" for me to decide, . . undecided
Re: Would You Ever Vote For Any Ex-politician's Offspring? by nguage(m): 2:26am On May 25, 2009
TOYOSI20:

Yup, what's good for the goose isn't necessarily good for the gander, . . . .it will take much more than the "name" for me to decide, . . undecided

Come and let's plan how to vote in the next elections.
Re: Would You Ever Vote For Any Ex-politician's Offspring? by yicob(m): 2:48am On May 25, 2009
Vote or Not, its mere propaganda. . . . .your vote has no say !
Re: Would You Ever Vote For Any Ex-politician's Offspring? by bawomolo(m): 3:00am On May 25, 2009
You have no right to whine about the selected/elected government if you don't voe
Re: Would You Ever Vote For Any Ex-politician's Offspring? by SeanT21(f): 3:54am On May 25, 2009
It all depends on what kind of leader his father was.
Re: Would You Ever Vote For Any Ex-politician's Offspring? by Pepeye(f): 6:35am On May 25, 2009
The chap would prolly just be a chip off the old block
Re: Would You Ever Vote For Any Ex-politician's Offspring? by Nobody: 6:44am On May 25, 2009
if the person is worth it why not?

I don't mean the type that saw Yar'adua become President
Re: Would You Ever Vote For Any Ex-politician's Offspring? by Builder: 8:38am On May 25, 2009
@ Poster , Funny thread, do u people still vote in nigeria?

You need to rephrase you question to , "Whose offspring do you want to be in possession of the the ballot paper , ballot box and the printing machine"?
Re: Would You Ever Vote For Any Ex-politician's Offspring? by ud4u: 11:08am On May 25, 2009
Like father, like Son
Re: Would You Ever Vote For Any Ex-politician's Offspring? by nigeriaon(f): 11:24am On May 25, 2009
well our political situation has been so perversed that leaders anticipating their siblings into public office would definately incurcate influenced ideals into such siblings thus making it a recycled leadership which would then be unfair to the citizenry
Re: Would You Ever Vote For Any Ex-politician's Offspring? by oludashmi(f): 11:36am On May 25, 2009
SeanT21:

It all depends on what kind of leader his father was.

Good or Bad, He may not take after his father.

@ topic
It depends on the individual. If I am convinced he can, I will vote for him.
Re: Would You Ever Vote For Any Ex-politician's Offspring? by nomtryz08: 11:40am On May 25, 2009
i will not period.

let these things go round,
Re: Would You Ever Vote For Any Ex-politician's Offspring? by Ournaija: 12:48pm On May 25, 2009
Please rephrase the question to "Would You Vote For A Politician And His/Her Offspring" because there can never be an EX-politician in Naija. Our politicians are active to the grave, even in the grave they still run things for the living.
Re: Would You Ever Vote For Any Ex-politician's Offspring? by solosimple(m): 4:52pm On May 25, 2009
Re: Would You Ever Vote For Any Ex-politician's Offspring? by Theblessed(f): 5:56pm On May 25, 2009
Nooooo!!!!!!!!!  Because, snake would always vomit what resembles it. 

Besides, Nigerians can do without a Dynasty and, we don't need/want one.  Politics should be allowed to go round and that's common sense.  Thank God, there are no Dynasties created by our previous rulers in the names of: Dr Azik Iwe,  Mr Awolowo, Sir Abubakar Tafawa Bellewa and so on to continue in their lines.  Also, thanks to Nigeria for eliminating that idea and now some evil Nigerians are thinking of bringing/creating one.  It's not going to work, we will crush it or there will be trouble especially now, dangerous weapons are at peoples finger tips.  NIGERIANS BECAREFUL AND BEWARE OF YOUR WISHES!!!!
Re: Would You Ever Vote For Any Ex-politician's Offspring? by hackney(m): 8:39am On May 26, 2009
It seems people do not realise the depth of cleansing required in nigerian politics;
that is why Nigeria will roll in dirt for a long,long time.

Let's vote in Babangida's son ; he MIGHT do well.
I can now see why we are where we are.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Senate Reviews Bill On Gunshot Victims / Bianca, Ojukwu’s Wife, Pays Tribute To Jonathan / The North Owns 75% Of Indigenous Oil Firms, So Why Are They Demanding Derivation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.