Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,320 members, 7,808,074 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:45 AM

Is There A Cure For Dandruff? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Is There A Cure For Dandruff? (23981 Views)

Cancer Drugs A Cure For HIV – Says Researchers / Natural Remedies For Dandruff / Treatment And Permanent Cure For Dandruff (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is There A Cure For Dandruff? by hentee: 6:33pm On May 24, 2009
Does anybody kn what i can use to treat dandruff? Please help me out. Thank you people in advance. kiss
Re: Is There A Cure For Dandruff? by ibile(m): 7:13pm On May 24, 2009
simply apply raw aloe vera gel and allow for a while before washing off with warm water. Alternatively apply lemon juice extract overnight and wash off the next day with water and soap. Always endevaour to have a diet that is rich in vitamins especially vitamin E. And to achieve that you will need to always consume fruits. Fruits are best eaten on empty stomach that is when you will maximise its medicinal benefits.
Re: Is There A Cure For Dandruff? by tpiah: 10:53pm On May 24, 2009
head and shoulders shampoo.

1 Like

Re: Is There A Cure For Dandruff? by hentee: 11:08am On May 25, 2009
@ ibile, thank u so much. will try it out. God, Just hope it works.
@ tpiah, i ve tried head and shoulders but it seemed abortive. thank u all d same.
Does anyone kn anything else?
Re: Is There A Cure For Dandruff? by Fiona0007: 9:18pm On May 25, 2009
tpiah:

head and shoulders shampoo.

Yes, anti-dandruff shampoo. Very simple and yet most effective.
Re: Is There A Cure For Dandruff? by MrCrackles(m): 9:20pm On May 25, 2009
Why dont you try palm oil and black soap?
Re: Is There A Cure For Dandruff? by MyPeace(f): 9:14am On May 26, 2009
there was a time l could not comb my hair in the public, cuz of dandruf.  l used aloe vera gel as a conditioner, after washing my hair, my stylist will pour large quantity of extracted juice of  the aloe gel into my scarp, massage very well before setting. And when l come out of the drier instead of using the saloon cream, l use Damatol Hair cream, very hot on the hair. Now l am 100% free from dandruf.  l dont use the gel again, but the damatol is the only hair cream l use till date.

1 Like

Re: Is There A Cure For Dandruff? by tpiah: 4:37pm On May 26, 2009
never heard of head and shoulders being ineffective. You should probably just keep using it until the dandruff is gone.

If the flakes are so resistant to even head and shoulders, then maybe you should get medical advice.

Coconut oil also works but it has a very strong smell which many dont find pleasant. Same goes for Sulphur 8.
Re: Is There A Cure For Dandruff? by Sissy3(f): 2:44am On May 29, 2009
have you tried

Selsun blue?

Neutrogena T/Gel ?

Selsun Salon?

or try any shampoo with salicylic acid as it's top ingredient
Re: Is There A Cure For Dandruff? by NoFearNYC(m): 2:45am On May 29, 2009
Try Organic Apple Cider Vinegar(not Heinz or the grocery store brand, unless it is Organic, must have the Mother in it for best results), leave in for 30 mins to 1hr, then rinse out. The enzymes and acid in ACV kill the bottle bacillus bacteria, responsible for many hair and scalp conditions.

Tea Tree Oil, another natural anti-dandruff treatment, can also be used afterwards.
Re: Is There A Cure For Dandruff? by samparian(m): 3:50am On May 29, 2009
just shampoo your hair regulary and keep a low cut if you're a guy.

i used to have dandruff till i started shapooing my hair thrice a week and i get a hair cut every two weeks.
Lokking good is good business grin
Re: Is There A Cure For Dandruff? by whycity: 9:22am On May 29, 2009
TRY to skin your head everday at the barba place and clean it with fuel or crude oil

1 Like

Re: Is There A Cure For Dandruff? by trustonyi: 3:30pm On May 29, 2009
Tpia, hope it works and how much do they sell it
thanks
Re: Is There A Cure For Dandruff? by MaiSuya(m): 7:34pm On May 29, 2009
whycity:

TRY to skin your head everday at the barba place and clean it with fuel or crude oil

KAI!! Oddly I heard this method from some people who claim it works! But I certainly wouldn't recommend it.

The shapoos - head & shoulder, Selsun, Nizoral - are still the best and safest.
Re: Is There A Cure For Dandruff? by sparta(f): 3:45pm On Jun 03, 2009
Try Damatol, its a cream, very effective though hot.
Re: Is There A Cure For Dandruff? by netman1(m): 4:14pm On Jun 03, 2009
I will advice you to use aloe vera(forever living products). it works like wonders.
Re: Is There A Cure For Dandruff? by samparian(m): 3:34am On Jun 04, 2009
though i no longer have dandruff, i still shampoo my hair regularly with JANESE, anti dandruff formula shampoo.

just get any good anti dandruff shampoo and use everytime you shower till you get rid of the dandruff, then you can use it twice a week and get hair cuts every two weeks if you're a guy
Re: Is There A Cure For Dandruff? by hentee: 6:07pm On Jul 01, 2009
Thanx u all for the contributions. i use head and shoulders right now and the dandruff has reduced drastically. Pray i wont see them again cos it is really embarassing. kiss kiss kiss to you all for suggestions.
Re: Is There A Cure For Dandruff? by eniolape: 11:07am On Jul 16, 2009
Damatol is one of the best product for dandruff
Re: Is There A Cure For Dandruff? by informat09(m): 11:26am On Jul 16, 2009
good old honey can cure your dandruff, just apply a little and wash your hair with it, honey has anti fungal and anti bacterial properties that can remove your dandruff
Re: Is There A Cure For Dandruff? by pharmacist(m): 4:24pm On Jul 16, 2009
Re: Is There A Cure For Dandruff? by Outstrip(f): 3:40am On Aug 02, 2009
Oh my land. Someone said crude oil. Abeg he did not ask how to be gorimakpa. He just wants to cure his dandruff.

1 Like

Re: Is There A Cure For Dandruff? by Nobody: 3:43am On Aug 02, 2009
yeah its called good personal hygiene
Re: Is There A Cure For Dandruff? by mamag3: 6:20pm On Aug 04, 2009
Shampoo.
Re: Is There A Cure For Dandruff? by SeanT21(f): 6:24pm On Aug 04, 2009
Coconut Oil will do.
Re: Is There A Cure For Dandruff? by Nobody: 7:40pm On Aug 04, 2009
Sulphur-8 works a treat
Re: Is There A Cure For Dandruff? by naijacutee(f): 1:04pm On Aug 06, 2009
Head and Shoulders danduff shampoo

1 Like

Re: Is There A Cure For Dandruff? by feyisetan(m): 1:16pm On Aug 06, 2009
cool
Re: Is There A Cure For Dandruff? by pek(m): 1:34pm On Aug 06, 2009
shave your head really clean, apply sulpur 8 for three to five days and that will be the end of the dandruff
Re: Is There A Cure For Dandruff? by cpatra(f): 1:37pm On Aug 06, 2009
yes. pls enter dryer n be using anti dandruff shampoo
Re: Is There A Cure For Dandruff? by obyann(f): 1:47pm On Aug 06, 2009
Head and shoulders anti dandruff sampoo is good. it worked for me
You may also try nature vitals anti dandruff sampoo. its also good
Re: Is There A Cure For Dandruff? by emyah(m): 2:22pm On Aug 06, 2009
those questions is made for some sathing professions? pleas go to them they will give you rightful help

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigerian Man Diagnosed With Brain Tumour, Left Paralyzed Recounts His Recovery / Dangote, Access Bank To Provide 1000-Bed Facility To Combact Coronavirus / 5 Things You Do That Endanger Your Health

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.