Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,893 members, 7,802,876 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:42 AM

Nigerian Man Honored In USA For Saving Kids' Lives - Nairaland / General (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Nigerian Man Honored In USA For Saving Kids' Lives (25432 Views)

‘i’m Honored To Be Compared To The Likes Of Wizkid’ – MI Abaga / 19-Year-Old Girl Who Lives In A Plastic Bowl Dies / Anja Ringgren Loven Honored In Denmark (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Man Honored In USA For Saving Kids' Lives by engreo(m): 5:36pm On Nov 24, 2015
That's nice...keep it up sir
Re: Nigerian Man Honored In USA For Saving Kids' Lives by Nobody: 5:37pm On Nov 24, 2015
Bonapart:
Mr odegbami abi na onigbide

Yemi Osunbade..
Re: Nigerian Man Honored In USA For Saving Kids' Lives by Nobody: 5:45pm On Nov 24, 2015
kulekaa:
If its an ibo man now hmmm... Heaven knows I didn't say anytin oo
me too
Re: Nigerian Man Honored In USA For Saving Kids' Lives by DOCTORPRESH: 5:54pm On Nov 24, 2015
Must you guys involve tribalistic sentiments?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Honored In USA For Saving Kids' Lives by Bonapart(m): 5:57pm On Nov 24, 2015
Naughtysite:

Yemi Osunbade..
sounds like he's from West Germany
Re: Nigerian Man Honored In USA For Saving Kids' Lives by 9izone(f): 6:02pm On Nov 24, 2015
May God reward you sir
Re: Nigerian Man Honored In USA For Saving Kids' Lives by jabolo(m): 6:11pm On Nov 24, 2015
To cover yansh naim fowl no dey like breeze.

The same media touting this 'Hero' are busy checking up on his credit history, personal business, immigration status etc.

In a few days ... "Bus Driver Hero has 5 Concubines", "Bus Driver's family involved in Rituals"

Truly a double-edged sword, this fame.
Re: Nigerian Man Honored In USA For Saving Kids' Lives by wiseoneking: 6:25pm On Nov 24, 2015
Emeskhalifa:
A true hero

I checked the name and behold he is not from the "Our oyel" region grin
sorry pls, did they say he is a bus driver for 31 yrs?
Re: Nigerian Man Honored In USA For Saving Kids' Lives by feedthenation(m): 6:30pm On Nov 24, 2015
Yoruba heritage - savings lives since 1400s
Re: Nigerian Man Honored In USA For Saving Kids' Lives by wiseoneking: 6:35pm On Nov 24, 2015
justicejay:
give me a spectacle.
is that an igbo name?
igbo man to be a bus driver for 31yrs, not possible. An igbo man would have resinged 5-10yrs to start his own school or buy his own bus. That what they are known for in all sectors especially in houston, the african americans are boldly emulating that.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Honored In USA For Saving Kids' Lives by DJMCOTTY(m): 6:39pm On Nov 24, 2015
They are trying to say they never expected such move from a Nigerian......
Re: Nigerian Man Honored In USA For Saving Kids' Lives by Nobody: 6:40pm On Nov 24, 2015
I knew its Yoruba before I opened the thread ..
Re: Nigerian Man Honored In USA For Saving Kids' Lives by kennyduns: 6:41pm On Nov 24, 2015
Kudos to this man.
Re: Nigerian Man Honored In USA For Saving Kids' Lives by Nobody: 6:44pm On Nov 24, 2015
Nice one! I hope people would emulate such a nice human being not only in the USA also in Nigeria of all places.
Re: Nigerian Man Honored In USA For Saving Kids' Lives by otiigba1(m): 6:45pm On Nov 24, 2015
Aminat508:
Nice One

Please check this link cry cry

https://www.nairaland.com/2517785/save-light-great-fighter/51
fine girl, marry me please tongue

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Honored In USA For Saving Kids' Lives by IamAtribalist: 7:19pm On Nov 24, 2015
cool Amala-eaters abeg you people should allow other tribes to shine now. Na only u na dey? This is getting too much.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Honored In USA For Saving Kids' Lives by engreo(m): 8:28pm On Nov 24, 2015
wiseoneking:
sorry pls, did they say he is a bus driver for 31 yrs?
. Yeah! He is a bus driver for 31yrs and he is not a drug pusher, scammer or frudsters like other people..he earn is living throught his sweat. Thank u

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Honored In USA For Saving Kids' Lives by HastaCuando(m): 8:39pm On Nov 24, 2015
Re: Nigerian Man Honored In USA For Saving Kids' Lives by andyanders: 8:48pm On Nov 24, 2015
lovelyronke20:
Samuel Agunbiade was honored for saving the lives of all 30 kids on his bus. He has been a school bus driver for over 21 years, so been honored for doing something brave was a surprise to him.

"They're calling me a hero. I said hero? I just did what I was supposed to do you guys are mine I'm supposed to take care of you," said Sammy Agunbiade.

He said he saw smoke coming out of the tailpipe in the bus, packed the bus immediately and rushed all the kids to a safe place so that they won't be hurt. Congrats Mr Agunbiade, you deserve this honor.

http://abc7news.com/news/houston-school-bus-driver-honored-for-saving-students-in-bus-fire/1097174/

http://www.scoopgist.com/2015/11/nigerian-man-honored-for-saving-kids.html?m=1

Because this happened in a civilized society that America is known for.In Nigeria, nothing like that.He is on his own as even the LASMA would come after the him and the bus not minding the situation he and the children found themselves.Only in Nigeria the government honour government rogues by giving them national honours.You are on your own if you try to help even accident victims as the police would hold you and charge you as an armed robber with the accident victim.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Honored In USA For Saving Kids' Lives by uncleade(m): 10:25pm On Nov 24, 2015
make they leave that honour matter aside.how much dollars they give him.cos as for Niger man,it is either money or money.this man no go chop honour.
Re: Nigerian Man Honored In USA For Saving Kids' Lives by Orikinla(m): 10:44pm On Nov 24, 2015
God bless him more.
Unlike the Principal, teachers and matrons of the Chibok secondary school who abandoned the school girls under their care and fled even before the Boko Haram terrorists came and kidnapped the poor and powerless girls on April 14-15, 2014.
Re: Nigerian Man Honored In USA For Saving Kids' Lives by ClintonDal(m): 11:48pm On Nov 24, 2015
See as press just spoil this man doings. He for don tell him relations for naija say he dey work for WallStreet. cheesy
Re: Nigerian Man Honored In USA For Saving Kids' Lives by Nobody: 11:56pm On Nov 24, 2015
Prodigee:
That's the Nigerian spirit smiley
kaikai or dry gin?
Re: Nigerian Man Honored In USA For Saving Kids' Lives by tollytexy(m): 4:33am On Nov 25, 2015
ahamonyeka:
is this not Sammy agunbiade my classmate those days in primary school?we used to call him igi iwe as his nick name.

Another one in @djkhaled voice
Re: Nigerian Man Honored In USA For Saving Kids' Lives by justicejay(m): 7:00am On Nov 25, 2015
wiseoneking:
igbo man to be a bus driver for 31yrs, not possible. An igbo man would have resinged 5-10yrs to start his own school or buy his own bus. That what they are known for in all sectors especially in houston, the african americans are boldly emulating that.
Igbo man can only start school of child trafficking or buy his own bus to sell cocaine
Re: Nigerian Man Honored In USA For Saving Kids' Lives by baysol: 7:21am On Nov 25, 2015
Prodigee:
That's the Nigerian spirit smiley

Not in all cases some we clever than others from the tapeworm tribe will be looking for ways to sell drugs to these kids. Only to come here and be beating their chest that they are rich and hard working tribe that no Nigerian can leave without them. My own be say their time will soon be up as their cup will soon be full.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Helpless Blind And Deaf Man In Enugu Rendered Help By Nigerians (photos) / What Are You Addicted To? / Biography Of Ogun State 2019 APC Guber Candidate Dapo Abiodun Aka Heyden Boss

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.