Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,421 members, 7,808,511 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:54 PM

A Detailed Analysis On Why Hon James Faleke Should Be The APC Gov Candidate - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Detailed Analysis On Why Hon James Faleke Should Be The APC Gov Candidate (33581 Views)

James Faleke Escapes Death, Was Shot At, Car Riddled With Bullets / Why Faleke Should Be Declared Kogi Guber Candidate – Ex-inec Coordinator / Breaking News: Apc Picks James Faleke As Kogi Dep Gov Candidate For Kogi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Detailed Analysis On Why Hon James Faleke Should Be The APC Gov Candidate by BrosPeter: 8:41pm On Nov 24, 2015
NgeneUkwenu:

You dey ask? When was the last time, you saw his threads on the Front Page?

Cc: Seun Obinoscopy

He is no longer relevant, same thing happened to cramjonez.

7 Likes

Re: A Detailed Analysis On Why Hon James Faleke Should Be The APC Gov Candidate by TonyeBarcanista(m): 8:44pm On Nov 24, 2015
realnews:
Good analysis. I agree with u fully. because faleke is of minority tribe and minority religion in kogi state, they dont want him to be governor.

U are so on point
People should understand that James Faleke has been thrown up through circumstance to be man to lead Kogi. People shouldn't trample on him in the name of forcing an Igala muslim to take his "birthright". We have to protect the oppressed in order to set good precedent for us all.

9 Likes

Re: A Detailed Analysis On Why Hon James Faleke Should Be The APC Gov Candidate by baby124: 8:57pm On Nov 24, 2015
I agree. The minorities supporting otherwise are setting a very bad precedent for themselves. It will in future make it possible that they never attain presidency. Everything is not about today but tomorrow. If they let APC do another primary, the same case will always be done on a national stage. They don't know what they are doing. The 3 major tribes now have a reference to rule till eternity.

3 Likes

Re: A Detailed Analysis On Why Hon James Faleke Should Be The APC Gov Candidate by Bigprozzie: 8:58pm On Nov 24, 2015
Lalasticlala Seun

This thread deserves FP

This is a detailed analysis and quite enlightening too

@ Barca

I will encourage you to continue with this new found spirit. Like Passingshot advised you, stay in the middle, there is a market for it.

5 Likes

Re: A Detailed Analysis On Why Hon James Faleke Should Be The APC Gov Candidate by goonsmi: 9:01pm On Nov 24, 2015
The truth of the matter is that I can't see APC conducting any primary before the election.

Different types of litigations will start flying as from tomorrow for and against faleke , APC themselves and INEC too will be sued by different groups and the supplementary election may not even hold.

APC and INEC are in for a long thing.

and let me use this medium to congratulate tonyebarcanista on his freedom from the shackles of the political hyenas. stay neutral bro and be resilient in your fight for that which you truly believed in. it is time for you to know your true friends and enemies. congrat bro.

4 Likes

Re: A Detailed Analysis On Why Hon James Faleke Should Be The APC Gov Candidate by goonsmi: 9:05pm On Nov 24, 2015
Bigprozzie:
Lalasticlala Seun

This thread deserves FP

This is a detailed analysis and quite enlightening too

@ Barca

I will encourage you to continue with this new found spirit. Like Passingshot advised you, stay in the middle, there is a market for it.

he seriously have a lot to gain as a neutral man than allowing his talent to be box into a corner of the game in the name of group interest .

3 Likes

Re: A Detailed Analysis On Why Hon James Faleke Should Be The APC Gov Candidate by Bigprozzie: 9:08pm On Nov 24, 2015
goonsmi:

he seriously have a lot to gain as a neutral man than allowing his talent to be box into a corner of the game in the name of group interest .

You are right

But the decision is up to him.
Re: A Detailed Analysis On Why Hon James Faleke Should Be The APC Gov Candidate by Ikology(m): 9:14pm On Nov 24, 2015
Beremx:
The moment wailers starts calling their fellow wailer a "protection seeker"....... grin

God,I thank you o! grin grin

He is a hungry bio.
Onye u biam!
Re: A Detailed Analysis On Why Hon James Faleke Should Be The APC Gov Candidate by Okobaba1(m): 9:26pm On Nov 24, 2015
Most pple don't know much abt Kogi politics. This situation is too dicey due to d ethnic sentiment dat is so predominant in Kogi state. The Lumping together of the Igalas, Ebiras and Okuns was a mistake because d arrangement place Supremacy in d hands of the Igalas.

APC wud shoot itself on d foot if Falake is pushed forward because d Igalas will frustrate him until he is either impeached or dies in office too.

It is a well known fact that the population of the Igalas is much more than that of both the Okuns and Ebiras combined and as such Igalas dominate the political atmosphere of Kogi esp. Seeing dt Democracy is game of numbers.

To avoid further crisis and to douse tension in Kogi state, the only option is fr d party to retain the initial arrangement I.e Igala/Okun because anything short of dat will lead to ethnic crisis in an already volatile state.

5 Likes

Re: A Detailed Analysis On Why Hon James Faleke Should Be The APC Gov Candidate by baralatie(m): 9:28pm On Nov 24, 2015
As it stands!
Mr faleke is not recognised by the electoral act or the constitution to stand in the place of the position of chief audu(it is legal madness)
The constitution is clear
1,if the candidate dies before the election is conducted the inec allows the party to renominate another candidate within 14 daysdays orr
2,if the candidate dies after the conclusion of the election and was declared the winnerwinner by the inec and/or sworn the oath of office,the deputy takes over from the deceased elected office holder.

Kogi state is straight forward.
a,the inec had declared the elections inconclusive and a rerun in 91 polling units
(I.e no winner)
b,a candidate dies in between the elections
resulting in a vacuum of "a dead candidate" which should not be allowed in the first place"
c,the running mate is not the "governorship" candidate and cannot access until after elections(though he is the running mate)I.e the election can go on without the running mate (in case of demise) but elections cannot go on without the candidate been confirmed alive at the polls.
d,the best the inec can do is to "suspend" the elections" and approach the court to quash the election and ask for reelection.

4 Likes

Re: A Detailed Analysis On Why Hon James Faleke Should Be The APC Gov Candidate by TonyeBarcanista(m): 9:30pm On Nov 24, 2015
BrosPeter:

He is no longer relevant, same thing happened to cramjonez.
okay

1 Like

Re: A Detailed Analysis On Why Hon James Faleke Should Be The APC Gov Candidate by daveyjay(m): 9:43pm On Nov 24, 2015
Barcanista advisinq APC??! But why?!

1 Like

Re: A Detailed Analysis On Why Hon James Faleke Should Be The APC Gov Candidate by bettercreature(m): 9:44pm On Nov 24, 2015
Ikology:
PROTECTION(SEEKER)

He is actually right on this one
Re: A Detailed Analysis On Why Hon James Faleke Should Be The APC Gov Candidate by Nobody: 9:45pm On Nov 24, 2015
NgeneUkwenu:
lalasticlala Since TonyeBarcanista Started Writing Unbiased articles, you Guys stopped featuring his threads on the Front Page. Why? grin

It's not about quantity. I've always encouraged him to aspire for details and balance. I was shocked to read where he said he disagreed with GEJ political philosophy. Just some details and he'll transmute to an analyst.
Re: A Detailed Analysis On Why Hon James Faleke Should Be The APC Gov Candidate by golddust6000(m): 9:46pm On Nov 24, 2015
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1sK2jS2J_KeRfZjzUt0AS09YbRMCDgOnkiq5HJlCFZP8/viewform
i beg make una help me fill this foem, it doesnt matter if you are a social worker or not, pls my fellow nigerian, i need to submit my thesis in 4 days time. embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: A Detailed Analysis On Why Hon James Faleke Should Be The APC Gov Candidate by Nobody: 9:48pm On Nov 24, 2015
How much were you paid to write this?

3 Likes

Re: A Detailed Analysis On Why Hon James Faleke Should Be The APC Gov Candidate by noeloge82(m): 9:49pm On Nov 24, 2015
Mr Tonye

Good analysis but I will like u to do comparism without mis quoting d law . If u have listened to SANs,law Prof u will discover that this has no comparism with ur asertion ,in Atikus case an Election was concluded but in kogis case an Electin Has not been concluded so d issue of elevation from deputy governor to governor is rulled out.
As at this morning INEC said they were not aware of Audus death because the party has not served them d death certificate now until they served d death certificate , they will now seek a legal advice because what d electoral law says is that if at the event of submitting a nomination form d flag bearer dies INEC will give d party 14days to hold a fresh primary to nominate their candidate don't forget this is not nomination but an un concluded Election and d runing mate was picked and not Elected in d APC primary,and been that the Election is between political parties that's why APC has the right to primaries to duly elect whom d party bearer would be, its only in such primaries that they may decide to elevate the deputy

3 Likes

Re: A Detailed Analysis On Why Hon James Faleke Should Be The APC Gov Candidate by Nobody: 9:49pm On Nov 24, 2015
If Tonyebanista can reason objectively,one should know that heaven is real.

1 Like

Re: A Detailed Analysis On Why Hon James Faleke Should Be The APC Gov Candidate by adadadon(m): 9:49pm On Nov 24, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

Yahaya or whatever can be Deputy but he isn't qualified to be the main candidate. APC should let Faleke continue the mandate. I am sure some cabal are ganged up against him @faleke. But justice must prevail!

Are you drunk
Selecting faleke would be APC's undoing because he did not participate in the electoral process, The PDP would easily upturn Faleke's election based on that.
And what About the Ebira Man that came second in the Primaries and fulfilled all electoral procesess and participated in the primaries.
keep in mind the Ebira have never ruled the state, they are more than the Yoruba/Okun in Population. It would not be equitable to deprive the Ebira of a clear mandate.
Faleke can remain deputy govenor but the second runner up(Yahaya Bello must be equitably selected as the candidate to avoid litigation and contentious issues.
Kindly ignore tonyebarcanista he is only setting APC for Doom

3 Likes

Re: A Detailed Analysis On Why Hon James Faleke Should Be The APC Gov Candidate by Consultville(m): 9:49pm On Nov 24, 2015
Leave matter to APC

2 Likes

Re: A Detailed Analysis On Why Hon James Faleke Should Be The APC Gov Candidate by cirmuell(m): 9:50pm On Nov 24, 2015
On point Barca cool

the people pained most about this ish are the Igalas, bet y? Una wan become hausas ni? Haba, let other tribes rule.
Re: A Detailed Analysis On Why Hon James Faleke Should Be The APC Gov Candidate by Jalinco: 9:50pm On Nov 24, 2015
Good write up from OP. I am on the same page with you on this

2 Likes

Re: A Detailed Analysis On Why Hon James Faleke Should Be The APC Gov Candidate by Marchman: 9:51pm On Nov 24, 2015
I think the OP has a point. But however it ends I hope it benefits the Kogi people.

A consumer review platform, haveyoursay.ng, has been launched in Abuja. The platform provides a forum for users of services and products in Nigeria to review and share their experiences online. The CEO of Peach Communications, Julius Ogunro, said the idea behind the web platform was to give Nigerian consumers power by having their voices heard on the quality of goods and services offered in the country. “We want consumers to exercise more powers over their shopping experience, believing that that will make providers of services take them more seriously if they know that the consumer can easily share his or her experience online, which may affect how other potential consumers perceive that outfit,” he said. “I hear a lot of stories from my friends, associates and family members about the quality of services offered in the country. Some are very pleased with a particular kind of food, or a service provided by a restaurant, airline or bank, so much so that they cannot wait to share that experience with others. “Others don’t have such a pleasant experience and complain and grumble but feel powerless to do anything about it. “With haveyoursay.ng, there is now a comprehensive platform for a conversation about services and products offered in Nigeria. The website is easy to use and the content is user-generated.” The platform, according to the promoter, will be useful to consumers by providing rich and reliable information about services provided by the government and companies in all sectors, including: financial services, food and beverages, airlines, telecoms, schools, religious organisations, NGOs, media, hotels, as well as reviews on promos, events, shows and competitions. “This rich database of information will help consumers make better choices about who, where and what to patronize as well as put providers of services on their toes,” he said.

Read more at: https://www.thecable.ng/nigerian-consumers-can-now-say
Re: A Detailed Analysis On Why Hon James Faleke Should Be The APC Gov Candidate by Marchman: 9:52pm On Nov 24, 2015
Check out some reviews on haveyoursay.ng

Visiting a bank in Nigeria these days is trying experience. Like the late actor Lomaji Ugorji ( of Icheoku fame) in that old Equitorial Trust Bank advert, which ran for a long time on Nigerian television stations, you are tempted to go with your pillow and mattress.
In fact, the last thing you want to do, is visit a bank when you have an appointment closing in on you. And so it was that last week Friday (November 13, 2015), I wanted to effect a transaction at one of the First Bank branches in Nyanya, Abuja. I walked into the premises of the bank and saw a long line of people standing in front of the entrance to the banking hall.
Read more at

https://www.haveyoursay.ng/trying-experience-first-bank-branch/
Re: A Detailed Analysis On Why Hon James Faleke Should Be The APC Gov Candidate by basilo101: 9:52pm On Nov 24, 2015
Well, no morality in politics. Igala ppl have been used and killed.

1 Like

Re: A Detailed Analysis On Why Hon James Faleke Should Be The APC Gov Candidate by adadadon(m): 9:53pm On Nov 24, 2015
Okobaba1:
Most pple don't know much abt Kogi politics. This situation is too dicey due to d ethnic sentiment dat is so predominant in Kogi state. The Lumping together of the Igalas, Ebiras and Okuns was a mistake because d arrangement place Supremacy in d hands of the Igalas.

APC wud shoot itself on d foot if Falake is pushed forward because d Igalas will frustrate him until he is either impeached or dies in office too.

It is a well known fact that the population of the Igalas is much more than that of both the Okuns and Ebiras combined and as such Igalas dominate the political atmosphere of Kogi esp. Seeing dt Democracy is game of numbers.

To avoid further crisis and to douse tension in Kogi state, the only option is fr d party to retain the initial arrangement I.e Igala/Okun because anything short of dat will lead to ethnic crisis in an already volatile state.
they are roughly the same with The Ebiras being 33% Okuns 20% and Igalas 46% Minorities 2%..... the Ebiras and okuns never form alliances that explains the Dominance of the Igala
Re: A Detailed Analysis On Why Hon James Faleke Should Be The APC Gov Candidate by Chanchit: 9:55pm On Nov 24, 2015
@TonyeBarcanista we share same sentiment on this, if he's not good to be first he should not even be considered to be deputy in the first place, conducting another primaries make Faleke less human/ second class citizen of his state of origiin and its also disenfranchising.
Re: A Detailed Analysis On Why Hon James Faleke Should Be The APC Gov Candidate by fromnigeria(m): 9:56pm On Nov 24, 2015
Well Done Mr Barcanista. So well analyzed.
Re: A Detailed Analysis On Why Hon James Faleke Should Be The APC Gov Candidate by cirmuell(m): 9:57pm On Nov 24, 2015
adadadon:

they are roughly the same with The Ebiras being 33% Okuns 20% and Igalas 46% Minorities 2%..... the Ebiras and okuns never form alliances that explains the Dominance of the Igala
You're right.
Re: A Detailed Analysis On Why Hon James Faleke Should Be The APC Gov Candidate by omojeesu(m): 9:58pm On Nov 24, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:
Since the death of Audu Abubakar, the Governorship candidate of APC and the leading candidate in the yet-to-be concluded Kogi state Governorship election, tongues have been wagging and opinions have been divided on what should be the next line with respect to the said election. To some, the election should be outrightly cancelled because the Governorship candidate of APC is gone. To some others, the APC should be disqualified for having 'No Candidate', while some others opined that the APC should nominate a new governorship candidate to complete the process.

Firstly, the election can't be cancelled because INEC has NO power according to the Electoral Act (2010) and the 1999 Constitution to cancel any election when declared. It lies with the COURT. The only way election can be cancelled is when both the Governorship and Deputy Governorship candidates of a political party dies. In this case, the Deputy Governorship candidate of APC, James Faleke is still alive. Hence, INEC has no choice but to continue with the process.

Secondly, APC followed the legal process in the nomination of Audu Abubakar and Hon James Faleke as the Governorship and Deputy Governorship candidates respectively. The Electoral Act never prescribe disqualification of political party on account of death of its Governorship or Deputy Governorship candidate. Considering that the Electoral Act and Supreme Court judgement maintained that political parties not candidates stand for election, it simply means APC remains in the race and in pole position to form new Kogi state government when Idris Wada's tenure elapse despite the demise of Audu.

Why Hon James Faleke Should Succeed Audu
That established, the next is who should succeed Audu Abubakar as APC candidate? Let us recall that the Electoral Act and Constitution was silent on what should happen in the event that a Governor-elect denounce his mandate before his inauguration as at 1998. When Atiku Abubakar rescinded his mandate for the VP candidate of Segun Obasanjo of PDP, INEC felt there was need for a fresh PDP candidate for a new election. PDP and the Adamawa state Deputy-Gov-elect Boni Haruna as then was went to court. The SC ruled that PDP won the election with Atiku/Haruna as candidates, and in the eyes of the law, Atiku was 'dead'. Hence, Haruna should replace Atiku as PDP Governorship candidate and be sworn-in as Adamawa state Governor. After the judgement, the Electoral Act and Constitution were amended to reflect the SC interpretation. In this situation, considering the fact that the law allows for the Deputy to succeed his/her boss in the event of death of the Governor-elect (after election has been concluded) and the Governor (after inauguration), it is only normal and in accordance with the positions of the SC judgements and the law tthat Hon James Faleke, the APC Kogi state Deputy Governorship candidate be upgraded to the substantive Governorship-candidate of APC, while the party nominates a new running mate.

The Position of Running Mate Is For Purpose Like This
We also have to realise that the purpose of running mate is not to 'fill space' but to step-in in case of any eventuality of the main candidate. This is why the VP assumes the role of President in event of death, and not the runner-up in the Presidential election. It is also the reason the VP-elect assume the position of President-elect in event of death of the President-elect and not the runner-up of the election. This is same reason the APC Deputy Governorship-candidate of Kogi state (James Faleke) will/should assume the position of Governorship-candidate and not the runner-up in the APC Primary election. Hence, the APC should 'do the needful and nominate a new Deputy-Gov candidate.

A Fresh Primary Is Illegal and Unconstitutional
However, should APC elect for a fresh primary, then that will amount to illegality as no section of the Electoral Act and the Constitution give room for primary when election is ongoing. I believe that the court will nullify it. It is my belief that the only legitimate thing is for Faleke to be made the candidate.

Why I'm Behind Hon James Faleke's Ascension:
My position on this subject is precipitated on the need for being on the side of justice irrespective of who the beneficiary may be. Justice is justice, there is no basis for opposing justice because it doesn't favor our ethnic or political scheme. For those against Faleke on basis of his non-Igala heritage, I urge you to accept the new development for in the interest of the state.

May God Bless Us All and Bless Kogi state.

Logical and moral. But unfortunately things aren't that straightforward in politics, and in Nigeria in particular. The stakes are too high for godfathers and party interest to just move Fakeye in!

3 Likes

Re: A Detailed Analysis On Why Hon James Faleke Should Be The APC Gov Candidate by engineerboat(m): 9:58pm On Nov 24, 2015
agabusta:
Barcanista I thought you are a blind PDP follower.

Is he not a Nigerian again, shouldnt he lend his voice again.

Abeg talk about the message, dont attack the messenger.

We are on for good governance and Justice for all nomatter where you belong. Justice must be made supreme

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Detailed Analysis On Why Hon James Faleke Should Be The APC Gov Candidate by mastengsynergy: 10:00pm On Nov 24, 2015
People should try to grow up politically. Tinubu's "Joker" card is actually working in Kogi again. Tinubu will control both the human and all economic resources of Kogi for 8yrs and beyond.
Faleke is Tinubu's boy from Lagos. He was not even well know in Kogi Politics until he was presented by Tinubu for Audu's running mate.
Kogites are no fools irrespective of our Party affiliations. We don't want foreigners to come and govern us in Kogi like it's being done in osun and Ekiti during Fayemi's rule.
There is a lot of disadvantages if we allow this to happen. Faleke is not a grass-root Politician in Kogi. He represented Lagos at various political histories of his life. For him to be a running mate is understandable but not as the Governorship candidate. He's actually a foreigner in his father's land.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Tony Anenih's Burial: Goodluck Jonathan, Peter Obi, Oshiomhole, Ibori Attend / Nigerian Prison Service Truck With Prisoners Inside Being Pushed (photos) / Biafra: Igbo Assembly Tells Buhari What To Do To Nnamdi Kanu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.