Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,264 members, 7,807,907 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:18 PM

Sabotage & Theft Undermining Power Supply- Buhari.. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sabotage & Theft Undermining Power Supply- Buhari.. (19815 Views)

APC Members Undermining My Administration-Abubakar / Sabotage, Theft Undermining Power Supply – Buhari / Gbajabiamila Writes Dogara, Accuses Him Of Undermining Principal Officers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sabotage & Theft Undermining Power Supply- Buhari.. by oatzeal(m): 10:28pm On Nov 24, 2015
Hmmm.. Sabotage and theft undermining power supply- Buhari, says Fashola to begin work on Lagos-Ibadan expressway next week

[img]http://3.bp..com/--glSHGUGFuY/VlTUxF1GrqI/AAAAAAAHbzc/K8GcgmP1uxU/s1600/1.jpg[/img]

Read the press statement from the presidency below...
President Muhammadu Buhari has identified sabotage and theft of gas as factors undermining the efforts of the government to increase power supply in the country. To tackle the problem, the President announced that existing Military Task-Forces will be reorganized to ensure a successful protection of the network of gas pipelines.

[img]http://4.bp..com/-6Hhf4FmudIk/VlTUxs5VRcI/AAAAAAAHbzk/IJPKBY2Xvq8/s1600/2.jpg[/img]

The President, who said this Tuesday in a question-and-answer interaction with the Nigerian community in Tehran, the Islamic Republic of Iran, noted that "although some improvement in power had been recorded in the recent period," sabotage of pipeline installations continued to be a problem. He told his audience that Nigeria had everything it takes to generate enough power.

"Power is a running battle because the saboteurs are still there. We have the potential. We have gas, we have qualified people but we are contending with a lot of saboteurs who go and blow up installations. When gas is pumped to Egbin and such other power stations, thieves and saboteurs such as the militants cut those supplies," President Buhari said.

[img]http://4.bp..com/-Ktw5kavdA4Y/VlTUyb_bRVI/AAAAAAAHbzs/K7Fz-rmGSNI/s1600/3.jpg[/img]

He also cited another factor as the reduced role of the government in the sector due to the privatization of the institutions under the Power Holding Company of Nigeria, PHCN, in the process of which, he said, the facilities "have been sold to a number of interest groups." He assured that the Military Task-Forces with representation from the Army, Navy, Air Force, the Police and other security agencies will be reconstituted to secure the pipelines.

"Supplies will become steady; there will be less sabotage as we secure the pipelines," he stressed. President Buhari also updated the Nigerians in Tehran on the efforts of his administration towards ending the Boko Haram insurgency and terrorism in the country, explaining that a lot had been achieved following the reorganization of the military top command, followed by increased equipment supply and training. In a response to a question on the need to improve healthcare delivery, the President said that efforts had been intensified towards ridding the country of fake drugs and fake doctors, and also what he called "the disgraceful aspects" manifested by "baby factories."

He also enumerated several steps being taken towards the revival of education from primary school level to university. On the creation of jobs, he placed the prevailing joblessness in the country at the door-step of the last administration which he blamed for giving "a devastating blow to the economy through corruption and incompetence."

The President said that something urgent will be done about the bad condition of roads, citing the Lagos-Ibadan Expressway as one to be addressed from next week by the Minister of Works, Power and Housing, Babatunde Fashola, who sat next to him at the meeting. Speaking on the issue of corruption, one of the three issues he identified as the priorities of his administration, President Buhari said that the necessity for compliance with due process of the law was responsible for the delay in the prosecution of the looters of the country's economy.

He noted however, that the "the day of reckoning is gradually coming." He also revealed that a number of past officials had begun the voluntary return of stolen funds but expressed the view that his government was not satisfied with tokens."We want to have everything back – all that they took by force in 16 years," the President concluded.

GARBA SHEHU
Senior Special Assistant to the President (Media & Publicity)
November 24, 2015.

cc lalasticlala

SOURCE : http://www.nairanaijanews.com/2015/11/hmmm-sabotage-and-theft-undermining.html
Re: Sabotage & Theft Undermining Power Supply- Buhari.. by oatzeal(m): 10:28pm On Nov 24, 2015

2 Likes

Re: Sabotage & Theft Undermining Power Supply- Buhari.. by Osirimononaye(m): 10:34pm On Nov 24, 2015
Look!

Govt Of TravelCracy And PhotoCracy.

End Time President.

*Modified*
No More GEJ To Blame...Like The Dude Below Me Said.

102 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Sabotage & Theft Undermining Power Supply- Buhari.. by AceRoyal: 10:35pm On Nov 24, 2015
Na now u know!
No more GEJ to blame,reality is begining to hit u hard Abi,Lolzzz.
it's always so easy to criticize from the outside and make grand promises when not in power,but when reality bites...........grin

195 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Sabotage & Theft Undermining Power Supply- Buhari.. by LegatusGlaber(m): 10:40pm On Nov 24, 2015
The APC govt is unconsciously making GEJ a hero through their numerous excuses et al.

We didn't vote you guys for this, give us solutions gaddamit

171 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Sabotage & Theft Undermining Power Supply- Buhari.. by Scholes007(m): 10:56pm On Nov 24, 2015
When Nebo was singing it like a song during his time as minister for power, you guys (APC) called him names,some EVEN went as far as describing his nose and ear.
Now that you are doing exactly that you castigated, what do you want us to do? Feel sympathy?

204 Likes 26 Shares

Re: Sabotage & Theft Undermining Power Supply- Buhari.. by bigass123(m): 11:20pm On Nov 24, 2015
The power problem in Nigeria is a big disagce to the country if not the most shameful embarrassment.
In this century, when other countries are working to become scientific and research power house... my dear country is still battling basic amenities such as food,water and electricity.
What a shame

57 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Sabotage & Theft Undermining Power Supply- Buhari.. by Lordave: 11:32pm On Nov 24, 2015
Ayo Fayose stole 340 Transformers allocated to Ekiti state by Buhari's government- Lie Mohammed.

54 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Sabotage & Theft Undermining Power Supply- Buhari.. by Nobody: 11:39pm On Nov 24, 2015
Solve it! You good for nothing Oldman!

Why were you voted into power? To tell us what the problems are or to solve them?!

79 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Sabotage & Theft Undermining Power Supply- Buhari.. by Scholes007(m): 11:40pm On Nov 24, 2015
Previous administration made a very serious impact on nigeria power installations;
i. She built power stations,
ii. improved our already existing power stations with all of it at comatose or almost comatose state
iii. made the greatest impact on power distribution since the history of nigeria especially on the national electricity grid
iv. laid a strong power/electricity foundation through relivant programmes and policies
v. Built many gas stations/pipeline to feed most of the new station which were gas powered
vi. and many more
The only thing that is left for APC lead government is to improve on what the past administration has laid on ground not this stories and travelling.

117 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Sabotage & Theft Undermining Power Supply- Buhari.. by koboko69: 11:50pm On Nov 24, 2015
The youths of this days are either deliberately daft.....or daft bu default.
I am still trying to fathom how this is an excuse.....

Mr President identified some of the problems with the power sector and spoke about how he intends to deal with it...yet some senseless dolts like the ones above who wont just get over tha hang over of Jonathan loosing elections....keeps talking about excuses.

They were quock to attribute the increased power experienced to Jonathan or anything good......but once ots negative....it is Buhari.....

It is amazing how full grown men or youths still think loke todlers just becaue of tribal sentiments and hate....

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sabotage & Theft Undermining Power Supply- Buhari.. by Scholes007(m): 12:27am On Nov 25, 2015
Some people are too quick to live in highly delusive "self acclaimed high intelligence" that they most likely look at their view as the best. The president just went to iran, to sing a song of what we all know have been problem with the power sector, and you highly intelligent being above me just told the whole world that it took the old man more than six months to identify already known and documented problems. Not only that, you when ahead to tell us that the old man has just told the world that he has no line of action of his own, as all his quoted line of actions have been there before he came. See my dear when calling someone a fool don't make yourself foolish. Thank you

144 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Sabotage & Theft Undermining Power Supply- Buhari.. by koboko69: 7:38am On Nov 25, 2015
The dunce above me failed to see this;

The President, who said this Tuesday in a question-and-answer interaction with the Nigerian community in Tehran, the Islamic Republic of Iran,

The worst thing to happen to one in this life is to have a PDP branded brain. The daft one above could not see that the president was simply responding to questions that he was aked. Was he supposed to ignore? The sense in the garbage written up there is somethibg I fail to understand. Is it that the president was supposed to generate power and transmit to Nigerians in 6 months? Does the dunce feel power generation is like putting bread on butter. What their god could not do in 6 years they want miracle worker Buahari to just say LET THERE BE LIGHT!!!
Steps have been taken already....
And weather u like it or not...there have been a little improvement in power generations.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Sabotage & Theft Undermining Power Supply- Buhari.. by Scholes007(m): 7:53am On Nov 25, 2015
In case you don't know what you (mr intelligent one who resort to crude insults in other to air the view) said previously let me remind you
koboko69:

...Mr President identified some of the problems with the power sector and spoke about how he intends to deal with it...yet some senseless dolts like the ones above who wont just get over tha hang over...
the bold above was your only response smeared with anger, hate and bitterness, then to respond to your scanty bitter post i made the comment below
...The president just went to iran, to sing a song of what we all know have been problem with the power sector, and you highly intelligent being above me just told the whole world that it took the old man more than six months to identify already known and documented problems. Not only that, you when ahead to tell us that the old man has just told the world that he has no line of action of his own, as all his quoted line of actions have been there before he came...
been a bitter soul, you kept smouldering with anger as could be noticed by your next post
koboko69:
The dunce above me failed to see this;
you went ahead to make the scatty quote below
The President, who said this Tuesday in a question-and-answer interaction with the Nigerian community in Tehran, the Islamic Republic of Iran

81 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Sabotage & Theft Undermining Power Supply- Buhari.. by Scholes007(m): 8:30am On Nov 25, 2015
Forgetting that the president also made these statements below
"although some improvement in power had been recorded in the recent period," sabotage of pipeline installations continued to be a problem. He told his audience that Nigeria had everything it takes to generate enough power.

you rushed to your usuall bitterness
Is it that the president was supposed to generate power and transmit to Nigerians in 6 months? Does the dunce feel power generation is like putting bread on butter. What their god could not do in 6 years they want miracle worker Buahari to just say LET THEIR BE LIGHT!!!
nothing minding that i made it clear in my previous post as follows
The only thing that is left for APC lead government is to improve on what the past administration has laid on ground not this stories and travelling.

I took my time to enlighten you before you join your crew shouting "wailer" and "comprehension problem"

87 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Sabotage & Theft Undermining Power Supply- Buhari.. by MrSmith007: 8:46am On Nov 25, 2015
I just they laugh...

All enemies of Nigeria and her progress will face God's judgment soon

2 Likes

Re: Sabotage & Theft Undermining Power Supply- Buhari.. by Bitterleafsoup: 8:46am On Nov 25, 2015
When will we hear how he solve the problems, instead of who created them?
We still waiting rainey season is overoooo!

35 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Sabotage & Theft Undermining Power Supply- Buhari.. by looseweight: 8:46am On Nov 25, 2015
This government will just be making excuses. Is not the same set of politicians that were @ the elms of affairs all these years? Mtchww

Have u checked my profile today

1 Like

Re: Sabotage & Theft Undermining Power Supply- Buhari.. by udeaccu1: 8:47am On Nov 25, 2015
angry

Re: Sabotage & Theft Undermining Power Supply- Buhari.. by Sijo01(f): 8:47am On Nov 25, 2015
If you know the root of your problem, getting solution is easy............ Bring the fuccking thieves and saboteurs to book.

4 Likes

Re: Sabotage & Theft Undermining Power Supply- Buhari.. by boboLIL(m): 8:47am On Nov 25, 2015
The most clueless has spoken... Pls what is causing fuel scarcity....?

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sabotage & Theft Undermining Power Supply- Buhari.. by Afrocatalyst: 8:47am On Nov 25, 2015
Didn't you know before? Mtcheeew

21 Likes

Re: Sabotage & Theft Undermining Power Supply- Buhari.. by Nobody: 8:48am On Nov 25, 2015
Thanks for stating the obvious. Now get to solving them as you ranted when begging for election.

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sabotage & Theft Undermining Power Supply- Buhari.. by NOBODYY: 8:48am On Nov 25, 2015
Sai buhari
No matter what you do.. wailers are still goan wail
Re: Sabotage & Theft Undermining Power Supply- Buhari.. by Nobody: 8:48am On Nov 25, 2015
I thought it was GEJ cluelessness that was responsible for it?

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sabotage & Theft Undermining Power Supply- Buhari.. by bigv(m): 8:49am On Nov 25, 2015
This is what I keep hearing. Na spirit dey behind the sabotage?

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sabotage & Theft Undermining Power Supply- Buhari.. by saintkel(m): 8:49am On Nov 25, 2015
PMB has no excuse at wotsoeva, wen GEJ was dia APC did not allow dat man a breathing space

46 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Sabotage & Theft Undermining Power Supply- Buhari.. by Joejonah(m): 8:49am On Nov 25, 2015
I bought fuel N250/litre this morning. Please sir can I know the cause too?

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sabotage & Theft Undermining Power Supply- Buhari.. by Dottore: 8:50am On Nov 25, 2015
Baba I trusted you so much. I advocated for positive change but right now my folks are ridiculing me especially with the current exhorbitant prices in petrol and the long ques as well as the problem we face in scouting for forex when travelling.
Pls do something quick. The excuses are becoming similar to that of GEJ

10 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

"Nigeria’s Unity Is Non-Negotiable And Of Paramount Importance"- Wike / President Buhari Expresses Joy Over APC’s Majority Win In The Senate / Onikan General Hospital Lagos Asks Staff To Bring Their PVCs To Work - Onyeche

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.