Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,490 members, 7,801,261 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 01:03 PM

Post Pics Of Fulani Girls! - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Post Pics Of Fulani Girls! (155863 Views)

Africa Americans Of Fulani Descent / Beautiful Hausa /fulani Girls ....( Photos) / We Need To See More Hausa And Fulani Girls Representing Nigeria And In Nollywood (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Pics Of Fulani Girls! by Tweety121(f): 12:59am On Aug 12, 2011
Hmm, this thread is funny.

Anyway since Nairaland seems to have not many Fulanis here to set things straight, here goes:

1) Only about 2 of the girls in ALL the pictures posted here are Fulani women from NIGERIA. The rest are Fulani young girls (also called Fulbe, Fula) and other tribes from across west africa many of whom have very different cultures from Nigerian-Fulanis, hence the interesting hair styles, face markings etc. Also most of these pictures are of rural/village kids.

2) You will RARELY find pictures of real Fulani girls online that hasn't been taken by a missionary or western sociologist, which is why the selection here are so few and odd-looking. This is because the majority of Fulani girls are strict muslims and our culture frowns upon vanity and exhibiting ourselves online/in public. Well-brought up Fulani girls (a few are not) are conservative, modest and very private by nature and by upbringing due to Islam and little exposure to western ways

3) Fulani girls are considered beautiful in terms of their features, figures and delicate mannerisms. The irony is that despite this, you won't see them enter 'Miss Nigeria' beauty contests etc. It's just not the way our women do things.

4) It seems the more private and covered up Fulani girls are, the more they are desired, like the forbidden fruit, but very few marry outside their religion
Re: Post Pics Of Fulani Girls! by ezeagu(m): 3:12am On Aug 12, 2011
What are the Wodaabe then, they seem like the most vain group of people in West Africa. And I think Fulani enter beauty contests in the more Western countries like Senegal, Guinea and Mali, or are they not average Fulani?
Re: Post Pics Of Fulani Girls! by Tweety121(f): 10:13am On Aug 12, 2011
^^^
There's a difference between traditional mating rituals to attract a mate from your own tribe, which is what the wodaabe do, and flaunting your looks in public and online for the world and his wife to admire.

You 'think' Fula girls enter beauty contests in 'more western' countries like Mali? I doubt it. . . Fulanis from French west africa are somewhat different culturally from Nigerian Fulanis, but they're also Muslims and generally poorer and more rural than Nigerian Fulanis so I doubt it. . .
Re: Post Pics Of Fulani Girls! by ezeagu(m): 4:46pm On Aug 12, 2011
Flaunting yourself online is a mating ritual. grin The point is that the Wodaabe wear make up and spend hours on their make-up, I was thinking that that is a lot of vanity. When I said Western, I meant in Africa, as in Senegal and all those other countries where there are pictures of people with surnames like Diallo entering beauty pageants, like this lady:

[center][img]http://3.bp..com/_SuGmCbPRc4k/SqZW1MYaDFI/AAAAAAAABBU/mYsYvThO1ec/s1600/Fatoumata-Diallo.gif[/img][/center]

Is Diallo a Fula name?
Re: Post Pics Of Fulani Girls! by Tweety121(f): 12:38am On Aug 13, 2011
Yes, Diallo is a very popular name, almost every other Fula (Peule) person in countries like Guinea bear the name.

The model looks Fulani, but you're right, very westernised in terms of her artificial hair, full make-up and revealing clothing. 

I wonder if she's Muslim, or mixed with another tribe, or maybe even educated in the West. . .? 

You will never see a normal, well-brought up Fulani-Nigerian girl looking like this, but I guess I can't speak for the rest of Fulas across Africa.

It's a shame embarassed
Re: Post Pics Of Fulani Girls! by tpia5: 1:01am On Aug 13, 2011
senegal:

gambia:

guinea conakry

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Re: Post Pics Of Fulani Girls! by tpia5: 1:05am On Aug 13, 2011
mali

togo

Re: Post Pics Of Fulani Girls! by tpia5: 1:10am On Aug 13, 2011
benin rep

Re: Post Pics Of Fulani Girls! by tpia5: 1:13am On Aug 13, 2011
ye, my fingers don tire me and plenty countries still remain.

anyway, enjoy.

sudan

Re: Post Pics Of Fulani Girls! by tpia5: 1:28am On Aug 13, 2011
central african republic

Re: Post Pics Of Fulani Girls! by tpia5: 1:51am On Aug 13, 2011
ghana

Re: Post Pics Of Fulani Girls! by tpia5: 1:54am On Aug 13, 2011
niger rep

Re: Post Pics Of Fulani Girls! by razznaija(f): 8:19pm On Aug 15, 2011
Could not find pictures of fulani girls but i found some pictures of hausa women. girls.http://www.bellanaija.com/2010/11/15/bn-wedding-glam-the-sheriff-shagaya-maryam-tukur-wedding/
Re: Post Pics Of Fulani Girls! by DaRapture: 8:26pm On Aug 15, 2011
This thread's been a disappointment, I was under the impression of that they were a better looking group than what's been presented. I really don't see what the rave folks have made about their supposed good looks have been all about.
Re: Post Pics Of Fulani Girls! by Tweety121(f): 8:30pm On Aug 15, 2011
Re: Post Pics Of Fulani Girls! by razznaija(f): 8:31pm On Aug 15, 2011
Re: Post Pics Of Fulani Girls! by Tweety121(f): 8:34pm On Aug 15, 2011
DaRapture:

This thread's been a disappointment, I was under the impression of that they were a better looking group than what's been presented. I really don't see what the rave folks have made about their supposed good looks have been all about.

I agree. This post has not done us justice at all  But like I said before, the majority of these pics are not of Nigerian-Fulanis but of village Fula children from French west africa. The Bellanaija wedding pics are more modern.

Lol @ Razznaija, you got all those pics from my blog!
Re: Post Pics Of Fulani Girls! by tpia5: 8:37pm On Aug 15, 2011
DaRapture:

you were looking for light skin and caucasian hair no doubt.
Re: Post Pics Of Fulani Girls! by ezeagu(m): 9:20pm On Aug 15, 2011
razznaija:

Could not find pictures of fulani girls but i found some pictures of hausa women. girls.http://www.bellanaija.com/2010/11/15/bn-wedding-glam-the-sheriff-shagaya-maryam-tukur-wedding/

They're dressed like Yoruba people and have white weddings?
Re: Post Pics Of Fulani Girls! by DaRapture: 3:31am On Aug 16, 2011
Tweety121:

I agree. This post has not done us justice at all  But like I said before, the majority of these pics are not of Nigerian-Fulanis but of village Fula children from French west africa. The Bellanaija wedding pics are more modern.

Lol @ Razznaija, you got all those pics from my blog!

I looked at your pics in that link, and from what I saw most of those people looked like South Westerners and South Easterners, with the exception of a few who looked like Horn girls. I suspect that those were the actual Fulani ones, yet why were they dressed like Southerners?
Re: Post Pics Of Fulani Girls! by Nobody: 1:12pm On Aug 16, 2011
The most catching thing about fulani in Nigeria is usually their long and soft textured hair. Most do not need to use relaxer to soften their hair and keep it manageable. About their beauty yes alot of them have delicate features, alot of them are very skinny. for those that move about it may be as a result of the long treks and their diet. They are not exceptionally beautiful in most cases but the general appearance is very attractive especially the clean and well groomed ones. You know the aquiline features is highly desirable in Nigeria and alot of these fulani peeeps have aquiline features but unfortunately not all that have these features can necessarily be called beautiful but like i said the general appearance of the majority is attractive. Most of the pictures i have seen here is of the ones that move about and work as security guards. It is not a fair representation of the ones you are actually talking about.

Actually in Northern part of Nigeria to be told you look fulani is a compliment and a lot of them try to claim fulani heritage because people think all of them are beautiful (so not true)Just like you will see very beautiful igbo girls, yoruba girls, ebira girls, igala girls tv girls, hausa girls same goes for the fulani.
Re: Post Pics Of Fulani Girls! by Nayah(f): 1:58pm On Aug 16, 2011
Fulani from Cameroon
Ezeagu Diallo is a real FULA name from Senegal and especially FUTA DJALON from Guinea Conakry

Re: Post Pics Of Fulani Girls! by Tweety121(f): 6:16pm On Aug 17, 2011
Pictures of MODERN, FULANI WOMEN:

Re: Post Pics Of Fulani Girls! by Tweety121(f): 6:25pm On Aug 17, 2011
More Fulani girls from Guinea

Re: Post Pics Of Fulani Girls! by Tweety121(f): 6:29pm On Aug 17, 2011
More pics:

Re: Post Pics Of Fulani Girls! by Tweety121(f): 6:32pm On Aug 17, 2011
More:

Re: Post Pics Of Fulani Girls! by Tweety121(f): 6:39pm On Aug 17, 2011
DaRapture:

I looked at your pics in that link, and from what I saw most of those people looked like South Westerners and South Easterners, with the exception of a few who looked like Horn girls. I suspect that those were the actual Fulani ones, yet why were they dressed like Southerners?

90% of the women and 80% of the guys in the link are either Hausa or Fulani or both. If you mean because they're wearing geles they're dressed like Southerners, we're all Nigerians and we've picked things up from each other (although such things are a recent addition to Hausa weddings). Features like the bride's henna decoration on her hands and feet, the men's clothing, the children's Fulani outfits and various pre-wedding and Islamic traditions are Northern.

Here it is again:

http://www.bellanaija.com/2011/02/28/maryam-tukur-sherif-shagaya-wed-a-spectacular-wedding-story-in-photos/

A few Hausa-Fulanis also have a  mix of traditional and white weddings. I will too because I'm a Christian. You mostly find 'authentic' Fulani weddings in the villages etc (and they're not as much fun lol) the richer the northern couple, the more 'western' or 'southern' their weddings look.
Re: Post Pics Of Fulani Girls! by tpia5: 9:02pm On Aug 17, 2011
hmm, something might have been lost in translation, or maybe these ones are mixed. Could also be the makeup?

they're pretty, no doubt.

check the ones on this thread:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-440262.128.html

although i'm not sure if the girls there are fulani, hausa or shuwa arab.

also, yaradua's daughters

Re: Post Pics Of Fulani Girls! by pleep(m): 9:33pm On Aug 17, 2011
dumb topic.
Re: Post Pics Of Fulani Girls! by Obalufon: 1:26pm On Apr 30, 2012
PHENOTYPE ISSUES.. HUMAN RACE COME IN DIFFERENT PHENOTYPES. CRITERIA WE USE TO JUDGE BEAUTY IS THE PROBLEM.
Re: Post Pics Of Fulani Girls! by Fulaman198(m): 7:22am On May 04, 2012
ezeagu: Inadvertently, I have become the Fulani becomrich of beauty. This is the last Fulani picture I'm posting. There are some men, buts its kind of sad that you can't tell them apart. . . . . . . .

Some of the pics you post are of men as well angry be careful lol you don't want people getting the wrong idea about you.

1 Like

Re: Post Pics Of Fulani Girls! by Fulaman198(m): 7:23am On May 04, 2012
ezeagu: What are the Wodaabe then, they seem like the most vain group of people in West Africa. And I think Fulani enter beauty contests in the more Western countries like Senegal, Guinea and Mali, or are they not average Fulani?

Wodaabe are the Fulani of Eastern Niger and Chad

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

55 Different Yoruba Hairstyles / The "REAL" Hausa / Owe Ile Yoruba -some Lovely Yoruba Proverbs And Their Meanings.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.