Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,961 members, 7,806,779 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:48 PM

Post Pics Of Fulani Girls! - Culture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Post Pics Of Fulani Girls! (155943 Views)

Africa Americans Of Fulani Descent / Beautiful Hausa /fulani Girls ....( Photos) / We Need To See More Hausa And Fulani Girls Representing Nigeria And In Nollywood (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Pics Of Fulani Girls! by Fulaman198(m): 8:36pm On Jul 05, 2012
LOL nagge a wodi e cedde a wodi, woodi sanne

Ayyo bandam, mi salmini ma, ko mi Pullo. Mi niddo Najeriya ha lessdi Adamawa nder mayo belwa. E an? Toy yudon (where are you from in Adamawa Dialect) or you can say Ha toy a woni? in Nigeria dialect of Fulani. I know you guys say it different in Fuladu dialect and Fouta Djallon dialect.
Re: Post Pics Of Fulani Girls! by Fulaman198(m): 8:39pm On Jul 05, 2012
You guys say "An ko a pullo?" in Nigeria/Niger and Cameroon we say "An a pullo?"

Also you guys say "Kotoli" for you are welcome, we say "Usseko" or "Ussema" in Nigeria. Fulani dialects differences are interesting.

Anyways, Mi barkini bibbe fulbe e turbako (whites) who love the culture of the Fulani. I find that a lot of White people love our culture. Allah hokke ma derdam (bandam e derdam fu gootum) bandam and derdam are the same thing.

1 Like

Re: Post Pics Of Fulani Girls! by BahPulo(f): 3:03am On Jul 06, 2012
JallowBah:

Ko Jallow. Min ko Bakke. Hono innema?Honto hon da?

awaa Jallow min ko bah poulodjieri, komomi guinea kononong co senegal mimawnhi and djibina.

@ Fulaman I think if I try hard I'll be able to understand you I think some words u wrote there can be found in the fouta toro dialect though some sound like chinese to my ears lol I think u are good with the dialects I use to know 2 but now I know only one, the fouta djallon one. I understand JallowBah better than you is that funny?
Re: Post Pics Of Fulani Girls! by Fulaman198(m): 4:03am On Jul 06, 2012
BahPulo:

awaa Jallow min ko bah poulodjieri, komomi guinea kononong co senegal mimawnhi and djibina.

@ Fulaman I think if I try hard I'll be able to understand you I think some words u wrote there can be found in the fouta toro dialect though some sound like chinese to my ears lol I think u are good with the dialects I use to know 2 but now I know only one, the fouta djallon one. I understand JallowBah better than you is that funny?

It is funny because she is not native Fulani like we are (but speaks a dialect closer to yours because she speaks Fuladu dialect which is almost the same as Fouta Djallon dialect) but some of your dialect is influenced by Mande

For example:

Koto - older sibling is only found in your dialect, but not in Maasinkoore, not in Adamawa Dialect (Wodaabe dialect is Adamawa dialect), etc. etc.

So to be honest, the most pure Fulfulde is spoken in Fouta Tooro, In fact, I understand Fouta Tooro dialect pretty well, but when it comes to Fouta Djallon then I get confused.

Fouta Djallon dialect is weird, for example there is a lot of French influence that is not Fulani at all like "Si" which means if in French.

"Si alla jabi" - if God wills it

How do you say "but" like "but he did this" in our dialect we borrowed from Arabic/Hausa we say "amma"

Hono innema I understand that but in Nigeria/Niger/Cameroon/Sudan we would say Noy innde ma

I am guessing Honno is how for you guys as "noy" is how for us.
Re: Post Pics Of Fulani Girls! by JallowBah(f): 6:11pm On Jul 06, 2012
Fulaman198:

Ayyo bandam, mi salmini ma, ko mi Pullo. Mi niddo Najeriya ha lessdi Adamawa nder mayo belwa. E an? Toy yudon (where are you from in Adamawa Dialect) or you can say Ha toy a woni? in Nigeria dialect of Fulani. I know you guys say it different in Fuladu dialect and Fouta Djallon dialect.

Eyyoo..smiley I love trying to write in fulani, its good training for me! I do not understand every word, but I am able to put it all together!

Mi niddo Norway, I guess is the right answer? Mido hidi Gambia..tsk. I miss it too much.
Re: Post Pics Of Fulani Girls! by JallowBah(f): 6:13pm On Jul 06, 2012
Fulaman198: You guys say "An ko a pullo?" in Nigeria/Niger and Cameroon we say "An a pullo?"

Also you guys say "Kotoli" for you are welcome, we say "Usseko" or "Ussema" in Nigeria. Fulani dialects differences are interesting.

Anyways, Mi barkini bibbe fulbe e turbako (whites) who love the culture of the Fulani. I find that a lot of White people love our culture. Allah hokke ma derdam (bandam e derdam fu gootum) bandam and derdam are the same thing.

In Gambia they cut the a, they say An ko pullo? But I see they mix it, depends on where you grew up as well. Aaand, trust me; toubago? I know that one oh, too well. In Gambia when the kids scream tooooubaaab at me, I tell them: "Ala toubab, min ko Binta Jallow!" wink

1 Like

Re: Post Pics Of Fulani Girls! by JallowBah(f): 6:14pm On Jul 06, 2012
BahPulo:

Haha. No modji kai!
Re: Post Pics Of Fulani Girls! by JallowBah(f): 6:17pm On Jul 06, 2012
Fulaman198:

It is funny because she is not native Fulani like we are (but speaks a dialect closer to yours because she speaks Fuladu dialect which is almost the same as Fouta Djallon dialect) but some of your dialect is influenced by Mande

For example:

Koto - older sibling is only found in your dialect, but not in Maasinkoore, not in Adamawa Dialect (Wodaabe dialect is Adamawa dialect), etc. etc.

So to be honest, the most pure Fulfulde is spoken in Fouta Tooro, In fact, I understand Fouta Tooro dialect pretty well, but when it comes to Fouta Djallon then I get confused.

Fouta Djallon dialect is weird, for example there is a lot of French influence that is not Fulani at all like "Si" which means if in French.

"Si alla jabi" - if God wills it

How do you say "but" like "but he did this" in our dialect we borrowed from Arabic/Hausa we say "amma"

Hono innema I understand that but in Nigeria/Niger/Cameroon/Sudan we would say Noy innde ma

I am guessing Honno is how for you guys as "noy" is how for us.

Koto in Gambia is only used for older brothers, and Yaya for sisters.
I recognize Si alla jabi..mys husband use that one much talking to family and friends.

I love the fact that you are writing me in fulani, WITH translation under..I get to challenge myself a little bit, and it is very different learning with writing, compared to only using your ears and mouth.
I found a file on the net not long ago, aout 40 pages long, with teaching in fulani. I do try..wink

1 Like

Re: Post Pics Of Fulani Girls! by Fulaman198(m): 2:20am On Jul 08, 2012
JallowBah:

Eyyoo..smiley I love trying to write in fulani, its good training for me! I do not understand every word, but I am able to put it all together!

Mi niddo Norway, I guess is the right answer? Mido hidi Gambia..tsk. I miss it too much.

correct, that is well-written Fulfulde/Pular. Mi yewnii Gambie (I miss Gambia) is how you would say I miss something in Fulani.
Re: Post Pics Of Fulani Girls! by Fulaman198(m): 2:21am On Jul 08, 2012
JallowBah:

You have done well for what you have learned thus far, it is not bad
Re: Post Pics Of Fulani Girls! by Fulaman198(m): 2:22am On Jul 08, 2012
JallowBah:

Koto in Gambia is only used for older brothers, and Yaya for sisters.
I recognize Si alla jabi..mys husband use that one much talking to family and friends.

I love the fact that you are writing me in fulani, WITH translation under..I get to challenge myself a little bit, and it is very different learning with writing, compared to only using your ears and mouth.
I found a file on the net not long ago, aout 40 pages long, with teaching in fulani. I do try..wink

Very nice, see you taught me something because we don't use those words in Nigerian/Cameroonian/Niger Fulfulde. We just have one word for brother/sister and it is "miniaro" or "minyaro"
Re: Post Pics Of Fulani Girls! by JallowBah(f): 11:27am On Jul 08, 2012
Fulaman198:

correct, that is well-written Fulfulde/Pular. Mi yewnii Gambie (I miss Gambia) is how you would say I miss something in Fulani.

Adjarama..too much. That is my second home now.
Re: Post Pics Of Fulani Girls! by JallowBah(f): 11:28am On Jul 08, 2012
Fulaman198:

You have done well for what you have learned thus far, it is not bad

And I understand much more than I am able to talk myself..wink You use your mouth in a whooole different way compared no norwegian/english. It`s a challenge.

1 Like

Re: Post Pics Of Fulani Girls! by Fulaman198(m): 5:36pm On Sep 08, 2012
somalia1: these people look like very bad imitation of somali,ethiopian, eritrean people.

give me ur money or else

You are a joke if you think we are imitations of you guys, we have nothing in common with you all.

1 Like

Re: Post Pics Of Fulani Girls! by Nobody: 9:26pm On Sep 08, 2012
Re: Post Pics Of Fulani Girls! by Nobody: 6:32pm On Sep 09, 2012
JallowBah:

And I understand much more than I am able to talk myself..wink You use your mouth in a whooole different way compared no norwegian/english. It`s a challenge.

Sis be careful.

Fulaman is not the open minded character he pretends to be.
Truth is he loathes people like us who he views as "westerners studying his people like lab rats".

It's nice you are into Fulani culture but again, make sure you know who is for you and who is not a pretender.

1 Like

Re: Post Pics Of Fulani Girls! by Fulaman198(m): 6:52pm On Sep 09, 2012
MsDarkSkin:

Sis be careful.

Truth is he loathes people like us who he views as "westerners studying his people like lab rats".

It's nice you are into Fulani culture but again, make sure you know who is for you and who is not a pretender.

Thanks for your loving judgmental approach, you are showing me the true colours of the Westerner

2 Likes

Re: Post Pics Of Fulani Girls! by JallowBah(f): 8:00pm On Sep 09, 2012
MsDarkSkin:

Sis be careful.

I have seen some of that later on, yes.

1 Like

Re: Post Pics Of Fulani Girls! by MrsChima1(f): 11:46pm On Sep 09, 2012
MsDarkSkin:

Sis be careful.

True. Many like him aren't able to keep it real like me/us.

2 Likes

Re: Post Pics Of Fulani Girls! by Nobody: 12:39am On Sep 10, 2012
Mrs..Chima:

True. Many like him aren't able to keep it real like me/us.

Can't keep it real if your whole life is a contradiction. tongue

JallowBah:

I have seen some of that later on, yes.

good sis.

just keep an eye out for fakes. i have been burned too many times by people who pretend.
Re: Post Pics Of Fulani Girls! by fulloarako62: 12:04am On Dec 14, 2013
[quote author=DaRapture]

LOL. So now Fulani aren't west African? :what is ur faact
Re: Post Pics Of Fulani Girls! by ratatis(m): 11:45am On May 20, 2015
Fulaman198:

yes Diallo is a Fulani name it's pronounced as "Jallo" or "Jallow" they are the same name (Diallo/Jallo/Jalloh/Jallow). in the French speaking countries like Mali,Senegal and Guinea it's spelled as Diallo and in the English speaking countries it is spelled as the Jallo/Jalloh/Jallow.

What about "Bello"?
I was thinking Bello is a variation of Diallo by some of the English speaking Fullanis.
Re: Post Pics Of Fulani Girls! by Fulaman198(m): 2:31pm On May 20, 2015
ratatis:

What about "Bello"?
I was thinking Bello is a variation of Diallo by some of the English speaking Fullanis.

Bello is a variation of the name Ballo. Almost the same name as Diallo/Jallow/Jalloh.
Re: Post Pics Of Fulani Girls! by Deadshotz(m): 2:33pm On May 20, 2015
Fine babes
Re: Post Pics Of Fulani Girls! by ratatis(m): 7:57pm On May 20, 2015
Fulaman198:

Bello is a variation of the name Ballo. Almost the same name as Diallo/Jallow/Jalloh.

OK.
Re: Post Pics Of Fulani Girls! by ratatis(m): 8:51pm On May 20, 2015
Fulaman198:

....,.........................Fulani actually thrive more in the far west. Baaba Maal for example is the King of Fulani music.

It appears that the Fulanis in Nigeria do not seem to express more appreciation for Fulani music from other Fulani countries in the far west.
For instance, music by Malik Pathé Sow, or Oumou Sangare, or Balla et Ses Balladins, or Sekouba Fatako, etc., are not all that familiar to the average Fulani in Sokoto & Kano
Re: Post Pics Of Fulani Girls! by Fulaman198(m): 8:23am On May 21, 2015
ratatis:

It appears that the Fulanis in Nigeria do not seem to express more appreciation for Fulani music from other Fulani countries in the far west.
For instance, music by Malik Pathé Sow, or Oumou Sangare, or Balla et Ses Balladins, or Sekouba Fatako, etc., are not all that familiar to the average Fulani in Sokoto & Kano

I don't necessarily agree with that. Sokoto and Kano don't have many Fulfulde speakers. Adamawa, Gombe and Taraba states care about Fulani music from other countries. I listen to Fulani from every country. Oumou Sangare hardly sings in Fulfulde she only has like 1 or 2 songs in Fulfulde (Mi yetti ma was one of them). I believe that Balla et ses balladins are Mande, and Sekouba Fatako, never heard of him.

I have 2 of Malick Pathé Sow's albums. I prefer his music to Baaba Maals. The best Fulani music however is from either Mali or Burkina Faso. Niger and Benin Republic are up there as well.
Re: Post Pics Of Fulani Girls! by ratatis(m): 7:04pm On May 21, 2015
Fulaman198:

I don't necessarily agree with that. Sokoto and Kano don't have many Fulfulde speakers. Adamawa, Gombe and Taraba states care about Fulani music from other countries. I listen to Fulani from every country. Oumou Sangare hardly sings in Fulfulde she only has like 1 or 2 songs in Fulfulde (Mi yetti ma was one of them). I believe that Balla et ses balladins are Mande, and Sekouba Fatako, never heard of him.

I have 2 of Malick Pathé Sow's albums. I prefer his music to Baaba Maals. The best Fulani music however is from either Mali or Burkina Faso. Niger and Benin Republic are up there as well.

Agreed! Since my observation is limited to Sokoto & Kano/Jigawa.

So, can one easily find albums of various Fulani musicians from other countries, in display for sale in shops, in the major cities of Adamawa, Gombe & Taraba?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

55 Different Yoruba Hairstyles / The "REAL" Hausa / Owe Ile Yoruba -some Lovely Yoruba Proverbs And Their Meanings.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.