Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,866 members, 7,802,787 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:36 PM

What a Senator Earns In Nigeria - Do Or Die Affair N 29 479 749 Per Year - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What a Senator Earns In Nigeria - Do Or Die Affair N 29 479 749 Per Year (77509 Views)

When Abuja Policemen See A Senator That Just Collected #WardrobeAllowance(Pic) / A Senator Earns N12m Yearly - RMAFC / A Nigerian Senator Earns More In Salary Than Barack Obama And David Cameron (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What a Senator Earns In Nigeria - Do Or Die Affair N 29 479 749 Per Year by yeswecan(m): 9:06pm On May 25, 2009
Imagine the figures shocked
Re: What a Senator Earns In Nigeria - Do Or Die Affair N 29 479 749 Per Year by Nobody: 9:21pm On May 25, 2009
Becomrich:

what spelling check are you talking about

look at what i said.

what you people do not know is that this software been used by nairaland has a program to twist or manipulate the word you write. And that is what you people think you spell wrong.

Seun have refused to turn off the program. Look he can make you look stupid. In the program. if you spell word, seun would make it look like a mistake. that way you redo it again. Which increase the time you come back to his website to correct your so called mistake. And its increase his hits and increase his google revenue. I hope you know seun is making money from this.

u're kidding me right. you didnot just blame a 'program' for ur own errors
LOL!!
Re: What a Senator Earns In Nigeria - Do Or Die Affair N 29 479 749 Per Year by blacksta(m): 9:23pm On May 25, 2009
Becomrich:

black I have been ask to come and run for office. But I would want to see what happen to this bill. I do not think i can lose in Nigeria expect by rigging me out. I am covered politically. If it is people vote. I know I would win. I know everybody in redeemed church would vote for me. I know everybody in deeper life would vote for me. I know everybody in CAC would vote for me. The president of CAC worldwide Pastor Oluseye  , i have something planted in his house. my school mate. so every CAC church in Nigeria would be open. Even cele church, the founder son is a good friend friend of mine.  And the sec general of one of the power muslim body is my schoolmate.

So It is only rigging that can make me lose. I am not seeking self desire, but a society free of war. 15,000,000 life is too much to be killed. Congo is a reminder.

This bill make us a bilingual nation of french and english. Even you can see the french prime minister visit to nigeria 2 days ago. It should tell you everybody would be open to the idea. Even france.  

Becomerich u don mad
Re: What a Senator Earns In Nigeria - Do Or Die Affair N 29 479 749 Per Year by ebogentle(m): 10:01pm On May 25, 2009
@Becomrich
Honestly the terms "conspiracy theorist" and "alarmist" come to mind when i read your posts.
lol
Re: What a Senator Earns In Nigeria - Do Or Die Affair N 29 479 749 Per Year by Becomrich: 10:12pm On May 25, 2009
conspiracy theorist ""''' there is none in this. the issue is that the nigeria govt must do the right thing to save 15,000,000 people lifes.  Leadership is about vision and the govt of nigeria and the senate and reps must vote yes to the bill to relocated the area. the satellite pictures are not to be taken likely.

The issue is that the nation  must take this decision . Amd we should consider the majority in this decision. And make the north majority. Yes , some small ethnics group may claim here and there , like we said there are small. They matter by 3% of nigeria population should not determine what we majority of over 80% want, 

You can see ikeyman , who is crying here , he is uneducated. Educated igbos are not crying biafra. Ojukwu said he love nigeria. Oheneze claim the same, the 5 igbos governor made the same statement. Igbos are willing to stay with the north. If the bill pass. Dora akunyuli made similar statement. This woman claim she love nigeria.  So you can see that if this bill pass many igbos would be very happy, expect for the uneducated once like ikeyman.

Look this bill would see an igboman become president after yar adua. if not do the calculation an igbos would in total have waited 83 years before an igbo become president.

Look this bill would reduce militia and crisis in the oil producing area from 100 to 5%,    And would create stable and safe drilling of oil in the area.

Here is the picture of the france prime minister in nigeria. if the bill pass we would become french speaking too. we need the investment from france.

Look I am yoruba, i should be crying No. but we must do what is best for the majority of nigerian and thier future. civil war is not the best.  the north must have 70% of the oil and access to the sea.

Re: What a Senator Earns In Nigeria - Do Or Die Affair N 29 479 749 Per Year by ikeyman00(m): 10:32pm On May 25, 2009
hahhaha
Re: What a Senator Earns In Nigeria - Do Or Die Affair N 29 479 749 Per Year by MaiSuya(m): 10:54pm On May 25, 2009
@ BCR

ROFL! grin
Re: What a Senator Earns In Nigeria - Do Or Die Affair N 29 479 749 Per Year by Becomrich: 10:56pm On May 25, 2009
look the major problem we assume we may have in this bill have been remove. it was france relationship with nigeria. And see picture of president yar adua with french prime minister. So france would not be against the bill.

the bill also increase france influence in africa. since nigeria-benin area would be the most populated place in africa.  And increasing the speaking of french in africa.

i live in canada and they speak the two english and french and we do not have problem here. people switch sometime. it would work
Re: What a Senator Earns In Nigeria - Do Or Die Affair N 29 479 749 Per Year by KnowAll(m): 11:23pm On May 25, 2009
Nigerians will not give a hoot if our law makers get N100 Million a week if an only if - :

1. You can board a train in lagos and within 4 hours you are in Abuja.

2. A business man can board a Train In the Morning in lagos and you are at Benin within 4 hours and Onitsha within 6 hours, enough time to do your business transactions and join your family for dinner in lagos.

3. Fast trains connecting all major cities in the country, we can afford it the money that has been embezzeled in Naija is $220 billion dollars since Independence that is 4 times the amount spent on the  Marshall plan giving to Germany to jump starts its economy after the 2nd world war.

4. You can travel on a flawless well maintened express roads without the current hazards.

5. Electricity ! Electricity !! Electricity !!! we all know the power of Light in Niaja please our elites give us lights, our senators give us light you are well paid . it is pay back time do something for your constituents.

6. The Federal Goverment should realise the bulk of Nigerians wealth comes from Niger delta that region should be developed to it is utomost. The Goverment should also realise the cost of building 1KM of road in Northern Nigeria will not build 100 meters of road in Niger delta. Niger delta is an area with about 3000 creeks, you can imagine building roads in such a place. Those state with a lot of rivers should be giving special funds for there development.

7. Jobs ! jobs !! jobs!!!, I have the blue print of Nigeria fulfulling 100 % employment in which all graduates will be employed if the Goverment wants to discuss this issue I am available for dicussion. Nigeria is a blessed country. If undergraduates are already head hunted b4 they finish their courses who will give a damn about senators salary.
Re: What a Senator Earns In Nigeria - Do Or Die Affair N 29 479 749 Per Year by Andy1985ng(m): 12:34am On May 26, 2009
@knowall

That Nigeria is a few light years away, rebranding will get us there soonest. I read in one of Okey Ndibe's blogs on www.234next.com that senators in Nigeria will comfortably give Barack Obama pocket money. I believe the figure, probably that's why I will contest at my ward in my Villa soon, 10-16 years time, the senate will be in my sight. if you can't beat them, wink
Re: What a Senator Earns In Nigeria - Do Or Die Affair N 29 479 749 Per Year by Tudor3(m): 1:44am On May 26, 2009
Mehn! This becomrich guy is really serious. He even has illustrated maps and shit.
If i may ask,what good can possibly come from breaking up nigeria?
Re: What a Senator Earns In Nigeria - Do Or Die Affair N 29 479 749 Per Year by Sagamite(m): 2:37am On May 26, 2009
Tùdor:

Mehn! This becomrich guy is really serious. He even has illustrated maps and shit.
If i may ask,what good can possibly come from breaking up nigeria?

Hey, come on men, don't goad this slowpoke to barrage this page with more maps and complete falderal.

He does not even need any push, in anyway, to begin and derail a thread. He is obviously mentally challenged.
Re: What a Senator Earns In Nigeria - Do Or Die Affair N 29 479 749 Per Year by Oxone(m): 3:51am On May 26, 2009
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: What a Senator Earns In Nigeria - Do Or Die Affair N 29 479 749 Per Year by babalase(m): 10:21am On May 26, 2009
you are very wrong poster,am a staff of national assembly abuja and i will like to state here that the allowance is not that bougus,ok. not even up to half of what you posted.
but i agree with you that they are well paid for doing nothing.
Re: What a Senator Earns In Nigeria - Do Or Die Affair N 29 479 749 Per Year by biina: 10:23am On May 26, 2009
babalase:

you are very wrong poster,am a staff of national assembly abuja and i will like to state here that the allowance is not that bougus,ok. not even up to half of what you posted.
care to post the true figures?
Re: What a Senator Earns In Nigeria - Do Or Die Affair N 29 479 749 Per Year by blacksta(m): 10:28am On May 26, 2009
babalase:

you are very wrong poster,am a staff of national assembly abuja and i will like to state here that the allowance is not that bougus,[/b]ok. not even up to half of what you posted.
[b]but i agree with you that they are well paid for doing nothing.

Please we await your response.

So you reckon the allowances aren't that bogus . interesting.
Re: What a Senator Earns In Nigeria - Do Or Die Affair N 29 479 749 Per Year by babalase(m): 11:37am On May 26, 2009
Re: What a Senator Earns In Nigeria - Do Or Die Affair N 29 479 749 Per Year by ebogentle(m): 11:39am On May 26, 2009
Then Post the true figures pls.
Or didnt you read the last two posts b4 urs?
Re: What a Senator Earns In Nigeria - Do Or Die Affair N 29 479 749 Per Year by babalase(m): 12:02pm On May 26, 2009
Am so sorry guys,i cant let out the main figures as my job ethics do not allow that and i will like to inform this forum that constituency allowances are not paid directly into the legislator account but will be asked to submit what his or her constituency needs totaling to certain amount to approprate ministry for example if it constituency project that has to do with pipe-born water it will be forwaded to water resources minisrty,if it has to do with electricity it will be forwarded to ministry of power etc.
the main problem with our legislators is that 90% of them are not well read so it is difficult for them to understand how to pass a bill and responsibility as federal legislator of the federal republic of nigeria due to their poor educational background some of them can not speak for the people they are representing because they cant speak english and vanacular is not allowed so they prefer to warm the sit and do fashion parade.
Re: What a Senator Earns In Nigeria - Do Or Die Affair N 29 479 749 Per Year by Sagamite(m): 12:16pm On May 26, 2009
babalase:

Am so sorry guys,i cant let out the main figures as my job ethics do not allow that and i will like to inform this forum that constituency allowances are not paid directly into the legislator account but will be asked to submit what his or her constituency needs totaling to certain amount to approprate ministry for example if it constituency project that has to do with pipe-born water it will be forwaded to water resources minisrty,if it has to do with electricity it will be forwarded to ministry of power etc.
the main problem with our legislators is that 90% of them are not well read so it is difficult for them to understand how to pass a bill and responsibility as federal legislator of the federal republic of nigeria due to their poor educational background some of them can not speak for the people they are representing because they cant speak english and vanacular is not allowed so they prefer to warm the sit and do fashion parade.

grin grin grin grin grin

So why is there no Education Allowance? grin

Can you give names of some of the blatant illiterates and make us laugh?
Re: What a Senator Earns In Nigeria - Do Or Die Affair N 29 479 749 Per Year by maxtop(m): 12:44pm On May 26, 2009
Nigeria we hail thee. our own dear native land, though mother's tongue may be differ in brotherhood we stand, and the old national anthem goes on, We continue to blame those in the Niger-Delta for holding the entire nation into ransom, why wont they kill, maim or kidnap (am not supporting them) when those we elected to represent them only go there to do justice to our money without considering how people in there respective community suffers.

If the figure presented above is anything to go by, then there is no law in this country, and everybody or anybody who have "forced himself or herself to serve us" must be ashamed of themselves, the list goes from the president down to council councilors. How did you want the international lending institution to pardon our debt when they know we can easily offset the bill judging from the account of just 3 Nigerians abroad.

Well, i didn't have much to say except that they should continue to loot and embezzled the public funds, posterity will judge. cry cry cry cry cry
Re: What a Senator Earns In Nigeria - Do Or Die Affair N 29 479 749 Per Year by solosimple(m): 1:10pm On May 26, 2009
********Just Speechless men, **********
Re: What a Senator Earns In Nigeria - Do Or Die Affair N 29 479 749 Per Year by onyeben: 5:35pm On May 26, 2009
some1 should do us the favour and kill all these fucking senators and rep members! angry
Re: What a Senator Earns In Nigeria - Do Or Die Affair N 29 479 749 Per Year by biina: 6:44pm On May 26, 2009
babalase:

Then please hold your peace.
It is in bad taste to accuse another poster of posting erroneous information, when you are aware apriori that you cannot substantiate your allegations with evidence (veritable or otherwise).
Stating where you work simply to lay credence to your post is even worse.
In the future, please refrain from making claims you cannot substantiate when challenged.
Re: What a Senator Earns In Nigeria - Do Or Die Affair N 29 479 749 Per Year by Sagamite(m): 7:57pm On May 26, 2009
biina,

You still haven't responded to my question on the second page.
Re: What a Senator Earns In Nigeria - Do Or Die Affair N 29 479 749 Per Year by biina: 8:19pm On May 26, 2009
Sagamite:

biina,

You still haven't responded to my question on the second page.
Sorry missed the it earlier.

Your argument related funding to performance. For example, you said a standard of living is required to attract high quality people, and that appropriate funding is needed to tackle corruption and aid efficiency.
The Nigerian legislature does not consist of high quality people, corruption is endemic and the system is inefficient.
Following your argument, we can say that we are not enticing the high quality of people and thus increase the standard of living to attract such and funding is inappropriate to tackle corruption and inefficiency?
If the last statement is untrue, the alternative argument is to look for other reasons why the system has failed, which then discredits the initial premise of relating the appropriate funding to appropriate performance.

This is my understanding of your argument. I might have misunderstood your position, then please simply clarify your views
Re: What a Senator Earns In Nigeria - Do Or Die Affair N 29 479 749 Per Year by Sagamite(m): 8:43pm On May 26, 2009
biina:

Sorry missed the it earlier.

Your argument related funding to performance. For example, you said a standard of living is required to attract high quality people, and that appropriate funding is needed to tackle corruption and aid efficiency.
The Nigerian legislature does not consist of high quality people, corruption is endemic and the system is inefficient.
Following your argument, we can say that we are not enticing the high quality of people and thus increase the standard of living to attract such and funding is inappropriate to tackle corruption and inefficiency?
If the last statement is untrue, the alternative argument is to look for other reasons why the system has failed, which then discredits the initial premise of relating the appropriate funding to appropriate performance.

This is my understanding of your argument. I might have misunderstood your position, then please simply clarify your views

If you look at my argument, you will find that I preempted that circularity by stating:

"No 2, there would be a level of living that would be required for such public people that have a function to perform (not my argument if they do not perform it) to ensure you entice high quality people (although this is not taking place)"

"Critical analysis tells me that running a country's political infrastructure is expensive, and looking at Nigerian figures, it looks excessive to the common man (and probably is) but appropraite funding is needed to tackle corruption and aid efficiency. It is left to a good government to ensure this pay does so especially in a country that is known for doing otherwise."

The reason we fail to attract quality is because the electoral system is lame and full of rigging, no thanks to the likes of Prof Iwu, and political power structure is embedded in the den of historical looters and losers.

The pay package of politicians is only part of the package to achieve efficiency and limit corruption, not the solitary element in the package.

So the pay package will help once the others are dealt with.
Re: What a Senator Earns In Nigeria - Do Or Die Affair N 29 479 749 Per Year by biina: 9:05pm On May 26, 2009
Sagamite:

If you look at my argument, you will find that I preempted that circularity by stating:

"No 2, there would be a level of living that would be required for such public people that have a function to perform (not my argument if they do not perform it) to ensure you entice high quality people (although this is not taking place)"

"Critical analysis tells me that running a country's political infrastructure is expensive, and looking at Nigerian figures, it looks excessive to the common man (and probably is) but appropraite funding is needed to tackle corruption and aid efficiency. It is left to a good government to ensure this pay does so especially in a country that is known for doing otherwise."

The reason we fail to attract quality is because the electoral system is lame and full of rigging, no thanks to the likes of Prof Iwu, and political power structure is embedded in the den of historical looters and losers.

The pay package of politicians is only part of the package to achieve efficiency and limit corruption, not the solitary element in the package.

So the pay package will help once the other 2 are dealt with.
If we cannot correlate performance to remuneration on a direct proportionality basis (i.e. increase/decrease funding = increased/decreased performance), then we can not then make the argument of justifying the current remuneration based on expected performance (as the expectation now has no basis).

I agree that there is a level (or range) that would be optimal. The question is where is that point. Without knowing that point we cannot then judge the level of excess (or otherwise) of the remuneration.

If the problem of performance is from the electoral process, then why would halving their income have an adverse effect?

In light of the composition and performance of the legislature, I think the amount in question is grossly excessive, and should be trimmed down to the barest minimum, pending the time when the electoral process improves and we get better legislators, and/or the greedy ones are discouraged from the office. Unfortunately the change needs to be approved  by the legislature  cry
Re: What a Senator Earns In Nigeria - Do Or Die Affair N 29 479 749 Per Year by Sagamite(m): 9:15pm On May 26, 2009
Let me clarify my position a bit more, my argument is not based on increase or decrease of remuneration to correlate with performance, my argument is based on providing sufficient remuneration to aid performance required for the role.

Probably the latter is what you refer to as "that point". My argument is that the current remuneration, in my opinion, is over that point but not horribly over it. "That point" is quite subjective.
Re: What a Senator Earns In Nigeria - Do Or Die Affair N 29 479 749 Per Year by biina: 9:50pm On May 26, 2009
Sagamite:

Let me clarify my position a bit more, my argument is not based on increase or decrease of remuneration to correlate with performance, my argument is based on providing sufficient remuneration to aid performance required for the role.

Probably the latter is what you refer to as "that point". My argument is that the current remuneration, in my opinion, is over that point but not horribly over it. "That point" is quite subjective.
The sweet point is definitely subjective. At least no one seems to think the current remuneration is too low.

I wish we could split the legislative into two halves, with one half coming up for re-election every two years, and bills that affect their remuneration do not take effect till the next 2yr phase (when half of them will be up for re-election and would possibly not be beneficiaries of the changes if they lose the elections)
Re: What a Senator Earns In Nigeria - Do Or Die Affair N 29 479 749 Per Year by Haksalam(m): 8:03am On May 28, 2009
SOME SENATORS ARE JUST DORMANT DURING SESSTON (MAYBE THEY DONT UNDERSTAND ENGLISH undecided) THESE SAME SENATORS WILL COMPLAIN ABT ECONOMIC RECESSION. WE NEED DIVINE INTERVENTION IN OUR COUNTRY.
Re: What a Senator Earns In Nigeria - Do Or Die Affair N 29 479 749 Per Year by denko(m): 1:42pm On May 28, 2009
when the little oil money finishes there wont be messy arround

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Official Pre-Inauguration Portraits Of Tinubu And Shettima Released (Photos) / Ekiti 2022 Governorship Election Results (Live Updates) / Between Rochas Okorocha And A Female Police Officer In Owerri. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 127
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.