Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,840 members, 7,802,691 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:01 PM

Anambra And Imo Marriage - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Anambra And Imo Marriage (20623 Views)

What Are Imo State Women Known For? / Why Are Imo State Ladies This Expensive To Marry?(see Pics Of Marriage List) / An Imo Girl Is Pregnant For My Husband. A Matured Advise! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anambra And Imo Marriage by Chiomao(f): 9:51pm On Oct 17, 2006
Is there really a problem with an Imo man marrying an Anambra woman or vise vasa. Why do some people see this as an issue?
Re: Anambra And Imo Marriage by BlackMamba(m): 10:09pm On Oct 17, 2006
I have a problem marrying outside my village, because I don't want to travel more than 1km to do the wine-carrying and visit my in-laws. You see, you can always create a problem that will validate restricting yourself to a particular area. It worked for me.

3 Likes

Re: Anambra And Imo Marriage by somegirl(f): 11:47pm On Oct 17, 2006
Aren't Anambra and Imo State two Igbo states right next to each other? 

2 Likes

Re: Anambra And Imo Marriage by naijacutee(f): 12:38am On Oct 18, 2006
Degrees of segregation
Re: Anambra And Imo Marriage by Hotstepper(f): 4:08am On Oct 18, 2006
different point of view but u hear alot of Anabra people saying they will neva marry im person, atleast da last person.infact, even enugu and abia states ppl say da same about imo ppl and ma friend who is 4rom imo said over her dead body will she marry sum1 4rom her place which is imo instead, she will marry a white man, Imo people hae diz thing with divorce, sumthing like dat unlike say anambra here da traditions r sumhow
Re: Anambra And Imo Marriage by Geolalisa(f): 10:40am On Oct 18, 2006
my dear,whats your peoples view about it.you know in iboland,a lady gets married to the whole family not only the man so look b4 you leap.takia
Re: Anambra And Imo Marriage by whitelexi(m): 11:40am On Oct 18, 2006
Hotstepper:

different point of view but u hear alot of Anabra people saying they will never marry im person, atleast da last person.infact, even enugu and abia states people say da same about imo people and ma friend who is 4rom imo said over her dead body will she marry someone 4rom her place which is imo instead, she will marry a white man, Imo people hae diz thing with divorce, something like that unlike say anambra here da traditions r sumhow

I wont even come to the defence of any imo person but i'll speak for myself, Imo people especially those from country5 like me, are always attacked for any act of ingenuity, We are geniuses and cannot help it. When u visit country5 u will agree totally with me, if not for the fact that we have a lousy governor, that state should have progressed well beyond expectations.

Meanwhile, on the issue of marriage, I think whoever says they wont marry an Imo man or woman because of their nature or xter, is not in love, period. Because we all know that all these flimsy excuses are just a way to get out of the situation of marriage.
Your friend wont marry an imo man cos of Divorce but she'll marry an oyinbo man cos they dont divorce?
I think she has more than enough reason not to want to marry an imo man or a black man but divorce should be far from it cos oyibo land is cool where it originated

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anambra And Imo Marriage by whitelexi(m): 11:42am On Oct 18, 2006
LOL, i don't believe this grin
Re: Anambra And Imo Marriage by Hotstepper(f): 3:51pm On Oct 18, 2006
I neva said my friend won't marry an imo man cuz of divorce, da divorce issue is another analysis
Re: Anambra And Imo Marriage by Hotstepper(f): 3:52pm On Oct 18, 2006
My friend neva said she won't marry an imo man cuz of divorce, da divorce was another analysis if u maall it dat, and yea, were u will marry is ur choice and at da same time love,
Re: Anambra And Imo Marriage by chichimma(f): 5:01pm On Oct 18, 2006
whitelexi:

I wont even come to the defence of any imo person but i'll speak for myself, Imo people especially those from country5 like me, are always attacked for any act of ingenuity, We are geniuses and cannot help it. When u visit country5 u will agree totally with me, if not for the fact that we have a lousy governor, that state should have progressed well beyond expectations.

Meanwhile, on the issue of marriage, I think whoever says they wont marry an Imo man or woman because of their nature or xter, is not in love, period. Because we all know that all these flimsy excuses are just a way to get out of the situation of marriage.
Your friend wont marry an imo man because of Divorce but she'll marry an oyinbo man because they don't divorce?
I think she has more than enough reason not to want to marry an imo man or a black man but divorce should be far from it because oyibo land is cool where it originated

Whitelexi you have said it all. Let me add some points of my own. Igbos that make issues about this are really backwards. Anyway, as for me these reasons stated by some of you are used to lift your states up not because it is a common thing. One can also say he or she will not marry with an anambra person because of rituals/sacrifice of their wives or husbands even children to gain money. We all know the love that anambra people have for money is higher than anything in this life. Does that mean that every anambra person is involved in money rituals. The problem with Igbos is generalization,  is a pity,  that is why Igbo land is so deterioriated because of these backwards way of conducting life cry That is why there is no unity among us and maybe never will!

2 Likes

Re: Anambra And Imo Marriage by Hotstepper(f): 8:23pm On Oct 18, 2006
u've left the idea that igbo love money to say Anambra people , money and rituals, wat about the okotoko people or wuteva they call dem, loving money os not a regin or state thing as well as da ritual thing although I don't believe in dat shit, as for me, whereva love takes me, I go as far as the guy is the God chose for me, PERIOD
Re: Anambra And Imo Marriage by angelz(f): 9:08pm On Oct 18, 2006
Its a crazy world, shit apens evriwer. Dia no state l cant marry frm xcept my tribe. Dnt av a problm wit my tribe cus l luv it most, jus wnt dat 4 a chang. Its gud 2 b somwer diff.
Re: Anambra And Imo Marriage by BlackMamba(m): 3:24am On Oct 19, 2006
angelz:

Its a crazy world, shit apens evriwer. Dia no state l can't marry frm xcept my tribe. Dnt av a problm wit my tribe cus l love it most, jus wnt that 4 a chang. Its good 2 b somwer diff.

Can you be a little more legible, so older folks like us can understand what the hell you're talking about.

3 Likes

Re: Anambra And Imo Marriage by JosBoy4Lif(m): 3:41am On Oct 19, 2006
He basically said that the world is a changing place.
So therefore, he will not marry from his own tribe. Though he still loves his tribe most.
Rather due to his need for change he will marry from a different tribe smiley
Capishe?

1 Like

Re: Anambra And Imo Marriage by Nobody: 10:35am On Oct 19, 2006
@hotstepper

i can see ur good at defending ur people so much irrespective of what we all know are the facts
but the basic truth is simple outside the ibo community the rest of nigerians see us as ibos and they get jittery when talking with us

well it may not have happen to u but it sure had happen to me a couple of times when people expecially yorubas find out ur ibo or even see ur ibo name they tend to shiver and start becoming carefull - well i have learnt to live with that and for u from my back yard stabbing me thats what i cant live with

the average ibo man has one detail about the other based on wat ever and where ever they r coming from . for instance

nnewi/akwa - less educated, very rich, good bizness men, love money so much they can kill for it

orlu - same xteristics as above but higher educated %

oguta- a bunch of strange intelligent people that love stayin ontheir own, most times people wonder whether they r form imo or not

mbaise- plenty, highly educated, use to oppress fellow imo state members with their education thats why the phrase came out -' between an mbaise man and a snake prefer the snake to them"

umuahia- expensive marriages men u think they r selling their children

abriba- show offs- like braging with wealth than with education and their neighbours Ohafia prefers to brag with education as to wealth

ebonyi- considered at times as outsiders cos men that their language does not sound like igbo language

asaba - pallies well with people from anambra state but people form imo state still considers them as BENDEL- u can ask ur parents hwo they see bendel people even if they r split btw edo and delta

now this may not be an extensive generalisation, there might be more. i dont claim i know all

but wat am saying is simple when lov is involve u have tos tand your ground and tell ur parents wat u want
we have to move up from segregational idealogy and move into the realms of reality and accept people for who they r and not where they r from

infact u cant tell me 100% of people from ur own internal family are saints - cos they r not and u know it

an average imo parent will tell u dont look towards anambra they may not be as educated and can be fetish

average anambra parent will say the reverse those imo people act strange , I.T.K and can jujucious

well if u sit and allow the parents have their way they would draw up so much boundaries and u would remain single for alonger period of ur life if not forever.

i am from imo state actually one of my brothers wanted to marry some one from abia state. my father brought up his theories but we saw to it that the marriage took place now after some years infact after the wedding the man changed his mouth and started saying the girl is a good girl .

now the basic problem of an ibo man is segregation and internal competition, for us to move forward we have to stop that and learn to move each other forward dont forget other tribes in nigeria dont really like us as much. it is only in unity we can survive it and move forward

and its hell unfortunate that even with the hatred or disdain other tribes have for us we can still be rated as properous more than any tribe in nigeria combine cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Anambra And Imo Marriage by whitelexi(m): 10:57am On Oct 19, 2006
Yeah, I like that grin

mbaise- plenty, highly educated, use to oppress fellow imo state members with their education thats why the phrase came out -' between an mbaise man and a snake prefer the snake to them"

Even the uneducated country5 man will still use your head grin
Re: Anambra And Imo Marriage by Hotstepper(f): 3:17pm On Oct 19, 2006
@kaecy5, I am not defending any state or my own state. I am a very netural individual. Poeple would tell you that imo people, aba etc r more into juju etcccccccccccccccc, itz just how you see it and u say it. I have no issue with any state, Even letz say within Anambra State or Enugu per say, u will hear people saying they will not marry 4rom other towns within the same state, The analysis u mentioned regarding how eachtown is known is well datz generalization of people, all said and done, am happy 2 have parents who doesn't kare where u find a wife or husband as far as they are who you have chosen
Re: Anambra And Imo Marriage by MyPeace(f): 3:58pm On Oct 19, 2006
thank you Hotstepper.

I am Imo and am about marrying Abia, Aba in particular. I once said i wd never marry some1 from there, having grown up in Aba. But now that am much older, i now know that the issue of marriage is more than the State and town, but the person and the family background.

Imos dont normally marry anambra becos their parents wd always want them to marry from anambra.

however, I accept Hotstepper view on all issues.
Re: Anambra And Imo Marriage by Saddam: 11:33pm On Oct 19, 2006
Imo Women Have many Bad qualities. i doubt If I could go with an Imo woman even if their pple give her away for as Cheap as the price of a bottle of Softdrink.(Fanta)

2 Likes

Re: Anambra And Imo Marriage by Hotstepper(f): 1:35am On Oct 20, 2006
Bad qualities likewat and what
Re: Anambra And Imo Marriage by Chiomao(f): 1:45am On Oct 20, 2006
I live in the states, and I have a friend who is from imo and whose family doesn't want her to marry her Anambra boyfriend, I just wonder what will happen if she brings home a black american. I mean at least she is with someone who speaks the same language and have similar culture.

1 Like

Re: Anambra And Imo Marriage by Uche2nna(m): 1:47am On Oct 20, 2006
I do not know y we always bring up issues like this.Anambra and Imo are first cousins so I do not understand y any of the indigenes would have a problem of an intermarriage.Tho it is difficult but I have aways tried to treat people on an individual basis instead of sterotyping.I have seen yoruba get married to Igbo,Hausa get married to Igbo and  Igbo get married to Hausa.In these situations there is clearly a disparity in culture and religion yet it happened.So what is the big deal an anambrarian getting married to an Imo person.I am from Anambra and I might even cut across a whole continent to get married.I do not care if my wife is from Iceland wat I care about is how she feels about me!
Re: Anambra And Imo Marriage by Hotstepper(f): 1:53am On Oct 20, 2006
Uche, what town are yo from in Anambra?
Re: Anambra And Imo Marriage by Chiomao(f): 1:55am On Oct 20, 2006
@uche2nna, what if your family and her family are not getting along? I have heard where an anambra man was forced by his parents to leave his mbaise girl and marry another girl. What happens when you are alone in a relationship with no family support.
Re: Anambra And Imo Marriage by Uche2nna(m): 1:57am On Oct 20, 2006
Nnewi to Uga to Aguluezechukwu cheesy cheesy
Re: Anambra And Imo Marriage by Hotstepper(f): 2:02am On Oct 20, 2006
hahaha, da worst marriage to get into is the one when your family ain't in support,

@uche, hahahaha, where is ur father 4rom? nnewi or others and where in Nnewi u representing?
Re: Anambra And Imo Marriage by Uche2nna(m): 2:10am On Oct 20, 2006
Chiomao:

@uche2nna, what if your family and her family are not getting along? I have heard where an anambra man was forced by his parents to leave his mbaise girl and marry another girl. What happens when you are alone in a relationship with no family support.
That is the genesis of most marriage problems and I agree it is a big problem.However,I know wat my parents want in a daughter in law and I would try as much as possible to factor in that when taking a wife.Having said that I am the one that is going to be living with her and so my feelings would have to be topmost on the list of priorities.Problems always arise from friction bw the mother in law and daughter in law and that is not mindboggling as women are known to be highly jealous.So I would try and treat my wife as a wife and also my mother as my mother,,,,noone can replace the other.And,tho unfortunately,the situation whereby the couple live far away from the paternal home also helps to diffuse tension as the mother and daughter in law get only to meet occasionally.And if my wife is sensible,which I hope she will be, she can be able to comport herself during this short period of contact even if they utterly despise each other.Altho these are all situations which ideally one is hoping not to encounter.

2 Likes

Re: Anambra And Imo Marriage by Uche2nna(m): 2:13am On Oct 20, 2006
@ Hotstepper I am from Aguluezechukwu.
But history has it that Nnewi gave birth to Uga and Uga gave birth to Aguluezechukwu grin grin Seriously!
Re: Anambra And Imo Marriage by Hotstepper(f): 2:20am On Oct 20, 2006
hahahahahha, oh well, datz history, haven't heard of your town before, ama ask ma mom tongue,
Re: Anambra And Imo Marriage by Uche2nna(m): 2:27am On Oct 20, 2006
Cool
Heard of it but neva been there.
Not many people have heard about ny town.It is such a small village embarassed embarassed embarassed But to me it is the most beautiful place in the world! grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Anambra And Imo Marriage by Hotstepper(f): 2:29am On Oct 20, 2006
is it nnewi dat u've not been to or ur town?lol

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

A Father Cradling A Baby And Styling His Daughter's Hair / Couple Force Daughter To Drink Her Urine / What Would You Do If Your Spouse Told You He Stole N100m From Government?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.