Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,570 members, 7,801,626 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 06:43 PM

How Do You Deal With Your Pimples? - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / How Do You Deal With Your Pimples? (50987 Views)

Would You Use Seminal Fluid To Treat Your Pimples? / Women How Do You Deal With Period Pain? / This Is Why Your Pimples Will Not Disappear! Truth Revealed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do You Deal With Your Pimples? by Oracle(m): 6:53pm On Sep 27, 2006
I'm glad i don't have it but i believe pimples can actually be cleared totally.
i may not know how but every damn problem has a bloody solution
Re: How Do You Deal With Your Pimples? by youngdigi(m): 6:27am On Nov 24, 2006
Pimples, Acne, all that stuff, let me tell you guys something you need to know first
YES it can be controlled, extensively to the point where it might loook like its cured.

first of all, GOOD NEWS , your diet has nothing to do with how much acne is developed in ur skin, acne is developed by bacteria from inside the skin, meaning particles left settling on ur skin are 100% more likely to cause bacteria than ur oily diet (**there's no scientific proof that fatty food develoips acne, it's still a myth***)

2nd, acne lotion treatment varies from person to person, meaning, person A might not react as much as person B does to proactiv , so treatments like that might not be very universal, however, its good practice to follow the precautions given by these solutions, such as washing ur face regularly, and keeping ur hands away from ur face(folks in naija most especially), do not rub ur hands on ur face (bacteria is easily attached to ur hands from different things u touch everyday)
3rd, DRINK LOTS OF WATER, it is better to go to the toilet every 10 minutes than to be embarrassed for 3 days cus of one huge ball on ur forehead, water dillutes ur system, cant tell u how much it does cus i'm not a dermatologist, but i know it helps in reducing the bacteria inside ur body, which is good for u

4, try to keep ur face DRY, for ppl in naija, use "OXY10", follow the proper directions and use it appropriately, i will advise u start with a very strong one then go down the ladder if excess dryness of the skin occurs, this is becos, if u dont see an improvment from this, then u might wanna start searching for other causes of ur breakout, becos acne/pimples might not be wats wrong with u (u might wana start researching herpes or some other skin disease)

5, STRESS, believe it or not, stress plays a major part of breaking out, it has soemthing to do with ur hormones, like i said earlier i'm not a doctor, so i cant give u much detail about this, but i wil tell u for sure that stress develops acne breakouts, so u wanna stay away from stress in all ways, stay away from pressure, wahala, get enuff sleep (adults - about 8 hrs a day) and rest, try to eat healthy also.

6, CLEANLINESS, i know its hard to stay away from a dsty environment in naija, but try as much as possible not to apply dirt of any kind to the face, this goes as little as touching a seat in a wooden seat in a danfo bus and then using that same finger to scratch ur face, these are little things that products like proactiv, shirley bleaching cream will not tell u, becos once they enlightne u about this, they know their products will not be of any much help

7, last but no the least, this is actually the most important and beneficial to folks in naija most especially, ANTIBIOTICS, get on a dose of antibiotics, do not just take one dose in a week and think its gonna clear up, u need to stay on a regular dose and take em regularly like they are on prescription, NAIJA folks might get this easily, but if u are in the US/UK?overseas, u might have to visit a dermatologist and get prescription, trust me, u dont need to tell them, they know to put u on antibiotics, if u think im bullshitting u

8, u might wana get some very good facial wash, dudu osun should do, if not, some kind of neutrogena shoud work, wash ur face twice a day

if u follow these 8 steps im sure ur face shud clear up in no time, if not, there might be some other problem with u besides acne, so u might wana look into that also, it is quite expensive to take care of ur acne treatment, but trust me, after goin thru all of this, i will tell u that i have never regretted any one of these steps i took, it has helped me become more confident, more comfortable and YES, i have gotten more girls than i used to, HAHA, girls want to see a confident man, and acne was the barrier btw me and that, send me a PM if u have any questions, good luck guys

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Deal With Your Pimples? by Mustay(m): 5:18pm On Nov 24, 2006
it's basically a puberty thing. D problem is that most of us r never patient and those cleansers are just controllers not cure. Endeavor to wash ur face every night b4 sleeping and it's advisable 2 use BLACK SOAP OR 'GHANA SOAP', d combination of d ingredients r effective.It's been discovered dt g.nuts don't really matter but when u eat something dt makes ur pimple worse,temporarily stop d consumption

1 Like

Re: How Do You Deal With Your Pimples? by Mustay(m): 5:29pm On Nov 24, 2006
U can also use d mentholated dusting powder cos it makes ur face smooth. Always say to pimples 'as u come, na so u go Go!'
Re: How Do You Deal With Your Pimples? by izoneb(f): 12:34am On Nov 25, 2006
Mustay:

U can also use d mentholated dusting powder because it makes your face smooth. Always say to pimples 'as u come, na so u go Go!'

lol! u be native Dr. ?

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Deal With Your Pimples? by nancyekpoh(f): 10:26am On Dec 21, 2006
Wash ur face regularly or after taking bath then use 'fruit of the Earth' it helps. cool
Re: How Do You Deal With Your Pimples? by acidrop(f): 10:29am On Dec 21, 2006
this is a Godsent thread, cos i have got geapz of pimples
Re: How Do You Deal With Your Pimples? by jaybaby(f): 9:54pm On Dec 23, 2006
Hmmmmmmmmm -
-------dnt scrub ur faze while bathin

-------after ,use any face cleanser--i use royalux (no 1)

-------make sure u clean ur face every m/rin & nite

It wld reduce d pimple.

Itz wrkin 4 me wink
Re: How Do You Deal With Your Pimples? by echowords(m): 10:45pm On Jan 13, 2007
my experience with pimples is a very annoying one. when they are there they dont just pop out like one on my forehead,one on my cheek.
NO they are smart. they form circles,straight lines,number 6, and the most recent one,i had 3 on my left cheek and 3 on my right.
my sis said i looked like a cat with the whiskers pulled out.
Re: How Do You Deal With Your Pimples? by tunmininu(f): 12:54pm On Feb 27, 2007
mary kay blemish contro toner will do the magic,just yry it.it works like magic!
Re: How Do You Deal With Your Pimples? by Gamine(f): 6:32pm On Feb 27, 2007
i just had a huge break-out on my forehead

i look so horrible now,

i have tried lotsa things, I hv evn used that royallux
didnt help me,
I need a solution!!! embarassed

**i cnt stand guys wiv pimps** lipsrsealed
Re: How Do You Deal With Your Pimples? by LilRed1(f): 6:49pm On Feb 27, 2007
if you have oily skin then use an exfoliating cleasner and a toner and a lotion, if yu have normal to dry skin, then use a nice foaming cleasner, a toner and a lotion, it sounds like a lot but its an effective way to clear blemishes and keep your pores clean
Re: How Do You Deal With Your Pimples? by jaybaby(f): 9:08pm On Feb 27, 2007
When i srted using Royalux I said d same tin that --it does not wrk but sm1 told me 2 Continue & it's doin a WONDA

b4 U slp rmber 2 rub POP on ur face
Re: How Do You Deal With Your Pimples? by OmoEko1(f): 9:09pm On Feb 27, 2007
am so lucky i don't have any pimples on my face sha cheesy cheesy
Re: How Do You Deal With Your Pimples? by echowords(m): 9:23pm On Feb 27, 2007
Good for you, good for me too cause noxema has been working like magic on ma face,cept for a little spot on my cheek am clean.
Re: How Do You Deal With Your Pimples? by jaybaby(f): 9:26pm On Feb 27, 2007
Hmmmmm
Re: How Do You Deal With Your Pimples? by bigbumper(f): 9:04pm On Mar 28, 2007
echowords:

my sis said i looked like a cat with the whiskers pulled out.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: How Do You Deal With Your Pimples? by Enockia(m): 1:06pm On Apr 11, 2009
wash ur face daily with ur first urine

that's all
Re: How Do You Deal With Your Pimples? by janey815: 7:52pm On Apr 13, 2009
neutragena oil free facewash
Re: How Do You Deal With Your Pimples? by Toyinaje: 5:24pm On May 22, 2009
Pimples are indeed an embarrassment, but I have learned that when they come, just continue with your normal facial cleaning routine - don't try to press them out, because they spread and become more (and leave scars)! After some time they die a natural death,
Re: How Do You Deal With Your Pimples? by ibile(m): 7:01pm On May 24, 2009
I use to have seriously embarrasing pimples untill i discovered the natural way to treat it and in less than two weeks I was free from the embarrasing menace of pimples.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Deal With Your Pimples? by isbir(m): 10:06am On Aug 01, 2009
simple solution to PIMPLES PROBLEM

MAKE A PASTE FROM 3 TABLESPOONS OF HONEY & 1 TEASPOON OF CINNAMON CASSIA POWDER.
APPLY THIS PASTE ON THE PIMPLES B/4 SLEEP & WASH IT OFF THE NEXT MORNING WITH WARM WATER .
IF APPLIED DAILY FOR 2 WEEKS,I'M SURE YOUR PIMPLES WILL BE REMOVED & DISAPPEAR JUST LIKE THAT.
Re: How Do You Deal With Your Pimples? by drlizzy(f): 10:20am On Aug 01, 2009
a dirt and gem free face is the key.make sure ur face is always clean to avoid vloked pores that cause pimples
Re: How Do You Deal With Your Pimples? by nex(m): 3:36pm On Aug 01, 2009
You have to find out what kind of skin type yours is.

If you have oily skin, then I see no reason to be applying cream and make up to your face. Also, I don't know why you should eat so much oily foods. Once that's observed, then wash your face very regularly. I used to do that so much that even when I visit friends and my face reminds me, I have to wash. Wash especially before you sleep and when you awake. Just keep washing sha.

You could have a skin that provides the perfect environment for germs to roost, in that case you'll have to attack from an extra angle. Antibiotics.
Re: How Do You Deal With Your Pimples? by daffeny: 8:06pm On Aug 01, 2009
This is a topic of concern among youngsters and some grown ups too.
All remedies mentioned so far are just a temporary solutions to pimples.
But the truth of the matter is this - how many individual can boast of drinking up to 6 or 8 glasses of water as recommended by medical experts?
The aim of drinking enough water is to enhance free and eazy functioning of body perspiratory system. It clears or rid the body, esp. the face, of dirts and secretions leading to a healthy and smooth face.
To me, the best and natural way to tackle pimples is to get use to the culture of taking much water daily and of course exercise. Try it and see the outcome.
Re: How Do You Deal With Your Pimples? by Moyola(f): 8:15pm On Aug 01, 2009
Pimples? dont burst it open or sumfin. . . leave it juz apply whteva nixoderm, shelly, topsy whicheva suits. . .buh dont burst it, kuz it'll leave spots on yur face.
Well, dhatz hao i deal wiv mine! tongue
Re: How Do You Deal With Your Pimples? by daffeny: 8:15pm On Aug 01, 2009
I think the best way to deal with pimples is to drink at least 6 glass cups of water daily. Why?
Water helps to rid the body of thermal dirts/toxins naturally.
Then, couple with exercise for 15 to 20 mins.
Every other solutions are secondary to water intake.
Try it and see.
Re: How Do You Deal With Your Pimples? by daffeny: 8:27pm On Aug 01, 2009
The best natural way to battle pimples is to take at least 6 - 8 glass of water daily as recommended by medical experts. And exercise 15mins at least 3 times a week.
Reason:
water is the only enhancer of body perspiration where all toxins or secretions in the body are rid of in the body, face inclusive.
It also enables blood to flow to needed regions that physically ensures smooth skin appearance.
Water aids nutrients in food we eat to be optimally utilized for the purpose each one is meant for.
And to cap it all, water is a natural cleanser.
Re: How Do You Deal With Your Pimples? by edimalo(m): 12:10pm On Oct 15, 2009
Re: How Do You Deal With Your Pimples? by joeleitz(m): 12:42am On Feb 23, 2010
I find that standard soaps don't work all that well because they are actually more of a detergent than a traditional soap. I started making my own soap and my skin is much better now. At first I had trouble finding all of the materials that I needed to do that but then I came across a place that sells all the soap making supplies that I could ever ask for and I make my own luxury soaps now. They even sell all sorts of lovely scents if I want to make scented bars too. Anyway, it's turned out to be a great resource and it's a fun hobby that I enjoy now. My skin is enjoying it too.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Lady Commits Suicide After Her Mum Accused Her Of Taking Her Money (Photos) / Lady Exposes Her Boobs To Celebrate No Bra Day / Scary Photos Of Man With Half Face After Cancerous Tumors.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.