Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,980 members, 7,806,863 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:57 AM

Are These Sort Of Employees Taxable(p. A. Y. E) - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Are These Sort Of Employees Taxable(p. A. Y. E) (571 Views)

3 Most Sort After ICT Job Portfolios In Nigeria (my Opinion) / Do You Recommend Workforce For Hiring Of Employees? / 500 Nigerians Receive Financial Empowerment From A.Y.E (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are These Sort Of Employees Taxable(p. A. Y. E) by ekanDamie: 11:53am On Nov 25, 2015
There is an agitation by some of our staff. We hold diffrent positions from administrative to factory jobs.
The common thing about them however is that some of us do not have a letter of engagement(employment letter).
Only for the management to tax this people for 10 months on a stretch from January down to october according to them, they say its an oversight.

Does anyone know about tax laws, as regards casual staff, and is it right for such tax accumulation to be deducted from ones salary since there was no agreement in writting as to how the salary was broken down and how tax should be administered.

I need some professional contributions pls.
Thanks
Re: Are These Sort Of Employees Taxable(p. A. Y. E) by Solidkay(m): 1:16pm On Nov 25, 2015
Hell to d NO
Re: Are These Sort Of Employees Taxable(p. A. Y. E) by agbaoyega(m): 2:03pm On Nov 25, 2015
Based on the personal income tax act amended 2011, the definition of an employee also encompasses a casual staff. All income paid to any cadre of staff is taxable. In practice tho, most companies pay the tax on behalf of such employees. You can contact me if you will like to discuss further
Re: Are These Sort Of Employees Taxable(p. A. Y. E) by ekanDamie: 5:58pm On Nov 25, 2015
agbaoyega:
Based on the personal income tax act amended 2011, the definition of an employee also encompasses a casual staff. All income paid to any cadre of staff is taxable. In practice tho, most companies pay the tax on behalf of such employees. You can contact me if you will like to discuss further
I would love to discuss, how can we sir?

(1) (Reply)

Job Vacancy: Experienced Public Relations Manager. / Eric Bleumink Scholarship For Postgraduate Programs At University Of Groningen / Beat99 Fm Is Recruiting Nationwide

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.