Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,905 members, 7,802,934 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:14 AM

Nigerian Government Should Allow Us Control Our Oil- Niger Delta Groups Tell FG - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Government Should Allow Us Control Our Oil- Niger Delta Groups Tell FG (910 Views)

Arrest Nnamdi Kanu Now – Yoruba Youth Groups Tell Osinbajo / Treat IPOB, Other Militants Like Boko Haram – Northern Groups Tell FG / Resign If You Can’t Stop Killings By Herdsmen – Groups Tell Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Government Should Allow Us Control Our Oil- Niger Delta Groups Tell FG by Godjone(m): 3:49pm On Nov 25, 2015
Last Friday, the Niger Delta Self-Determination
Movement (NDSDM) lobby group, declared the
current agreement, whereby oil revenue is
divided among Nigeria’s 36 states, was unfair. “The 13 percent (share for the Niger Delta)
enshrined in the 1999 constitution by the
military is depriving us of our God-given
resources,” the group’s convener Annkio Briggs
told reporters in Lagos. “We want 100 percent control and ownership
of our oil so that we can control our future.”
Read more here:

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/11/we-want-100-percent-control-ownership-of-our-oil-ndelta-group/
Re: Nigerian Government Should Allow Us Control Our Oil- Niger Delta Groups Tell FG by ify2016: 3:50pm On Nov 25, 2015
Hmmmmmmmmmmm.

Resource control everyday. Mek government self do they give them better reward to avoid problem.

How person go become servant for oil wey dey her compound again in the name of federal government property.
Government too greedy.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Government Should Allow Us Control Our Oil- Niger Delta Groups Tell FG by Nobody: 3:50pm On Nov 25, 2015
This peeps are dreaming and dreaming hard... ... Why didnt this retards agitate for this during GEJs administration....

Smh... angry angry angry.... I knew all this will spring up once Jona is knocked out of the office... all i see is sentimentalization, tribalism, and means to slow the present administration...
Re: Nigerian Government Should Allow Us Control Our Oil- Niger Delta Groups Tell FG by Orjioorji(f): 3:52pm On Nov 25, 2015
stupid people if you don't stand up now your children will remain slave, I care little about you people because you are betrayers .

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Government Should Allow Us Control Our Oil- Niger Delta Groups Tell FG by Nobody: 3:53pm On Nov 25, 2015
They have every right to fight for resource control, but the question is this, are the government of these states ready to stop being mediocres and utilize these resources?

Remember that these states are given some percentages from oil sales etc. Are these states better off than others? Bayelsa State comes to mind.

Top 10 Most Educated Presidents In Africa, See Where Buhari Was Placed Here>>>>>www.intensetalk.com
Re: Nigerian Government Should Allow Us Control Our Oil- Niger Delta Groups Tell FG by Godjone(m): 3:56pm On Nov 25, 2015
sseunhayor:
This peeps are dreaming and dreaming hard...
because they want to be incharge of what God bless them with abi?
Re: Nigerian Government Should Allow Us Control Our Oil- Niger Delta Groups Tell FG by Nobody: 4:01pm On Nov 25, 2015
Godjone:
because they want to be incharge of what God bless them with abi?

Yes, and because they have been sleeping since 1999.... and this is not the time for them to wake up.... not when power isn't in their domain... lipsrsealed
Re: Nigerian Government Should Allow Us Control Our Oil- Niger Delta Groups Tell FG by warrior01: 4:06pm On Nov 25, 2015
Let people control their resources and encourage of petition amongst the states/regions and see reall development. Say no to laziness and underdevelopment
Re: Nigerian Government Should Allow Us Control Our Oil- Niger Delta Groups Tell FG by Godjone(m): 4:06pm On Nov 25, 2015
sseunhayor:

Yes, and because they have been sleeping since 1999.... and this is not the time for them to wake up.... not when power isn't in their domain... lipsrsealed
So u are not in this country when yaradua the then president went down on his kneels begging them to stop crippling the economy? Is that not agitation?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Government Should Allow Us Control Our Oil- Niger Delta Groups Tell FG by Godjone(m): 4:10pm On Nov 25, 2015
sseunhayor:
This peeps are dreaming and dreaming hard... ... Why didnt this retards agitate for this during GEJs administration....

Smh... angry angry angry.... I knew all this will spring up once Jona is knocked out of the office... all i see is sentimentalization, tribalism, and means to slow the present administration...
u are wrong. Have u forgoten MEND so fast? Who gave them amnesty? And what were they agitating for? Abi that time dem never born u grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Government Should Allow Us Control Our Oil- Niger Delta Groups Tell FG by Nobody: 4:14pm On Nov 25, 2015
sseunhayor:

They took it to the National Conference organised by Jonathan.

They got 50%. Buhari and the North has rejected the report.

Stop dreaming bro
Re: Nigerian Government Should Allow Us Control Our Oil- Niger Delta Groups Tell FG by Nobody: 4:15pm On Nov 25, 2015
Godjone:
So u are not in this country when yaradua the then president went down on his kneels begging them to stop crippling the economy? Is that not agitation?

Didn't u see the height of political favoritism here.... yaradua was begging, He satisfied them, Did GEJ beg?. Who hear about them during the clueless administration? they were all silent.... So, must PMB beg them? stop deceiving yourself.... factions (iIPOB, NDSDM, MASSOB) are now coming vigorously active because of geopolitical and tribal foolishness. angry
Re: Nigerian Government Should Allow Us Control Our Oil- Niger Delta Groups Tell FG by basilo101: 4:49pm On Nov 25, 2015
sseunhayor:

i dont even understand some of u guys, did u ppl just fell down from jupiter? have u forgotten the confab which yorubas rejected fiscal federalism and the North finally rejected everything altogether??

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Government Should Allow Us Control Our Oil- Niger Delta Groups Tell FG by Nobody: 5:14pm On Nov 25, 2015
basilo101:

i dont even understand some of u guys, did u ppl just fell down from jupiter? have u forgotten the confab which yorubas rejected fiscal federalism and the North finally rejected everything altogether??

Just as is.... from the link shared by the Op.

‘Politically motivated’ –

Nigeria is almost evenly split between a Muslim-majority north and largely Christian south and the sharp division informs most aspects of political debate.

But the argument for so-called “fiscal federalism” is seen by some as unrealistic, with sectors such as agriculture and manufacturing not sufficiently developed yet to be sustainable.

Anyakwee Nsirimovu, of the Niger Delta Civil Society Coalition pressure group, said demands from southern pressure groups were predictable now Buhari, a northern Muslim, was in power.

Why is it after the defeat of Jonathan you see the likes of Annkio Briggs, MASSOB (Movement for the Actualisation of the Sovereign State of Biafra) and IPOB (Indigenous Peoples of Biafra) asking for resource control and self-determination?” he asked.

Have i said anything outside what is in bold text in the copied text....
Re: Nigerian Government Should Allow Us Control Our Oil- Niger Delta Groups Tell FG by fastguy10: 5:37pm On Nov 25, 2015
Wahala dey 4 Nigeria

(1) (Reply)

Photo Of Emir Of Kano, Sanusi Lamido With A Lovely Woman / Aba Women Massively Protest Over Radio Biafra Nnamdi Kanu' Detention. / Jonathan Constructed More Roads Than Any Other Nigerian President – Fashola

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.