Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,866 members, 7,802,786 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:34 PM

Senate Summons Fashola Over Falling Bridges - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate Summons Fashola Over Falling Bridges (29934 Views)

House Summons Fashola Over Comments On Budget / SERAP Sues FG & Fashola Over Inability To Share Free Pre-paid Metre To Nigerians / House Of Rep Summons Fashola Over Epileptic Power Supply (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senate Summons Fashola Over Falling Bridges by jaymichael(m): 7:44pm On Nov 25, 2015
Na which one be bailey bridges again?
Re: Senate Summons Fashola Over Falling Bridges by teamchocolate: 9:13pm On Nov 25, 2015
This wyte cat u wickedt o....
I don't see why Fashola has to build bridges in biafra... That's none of Nigeria's business..Let nigeria build Nigerian bridges first!!!

wytecat:
If this is about (whatever the bridge that connects the SE is called) Fashola won't make an empty bridge that is used only once a year a priority while the ones that are important to the economy of the whole country wait. SE won't need the niger bridge anyway since it will be blown to cut them off from Nigeria when the time comes.
Re: Senate Summons Fashola Over Falling Bridges by ODUBEZE: 9:31pm On Nov 25, 2015
unserious senate! Yeye people! unprofessionals! cowards! educated illiterates! Na God go judge all of una!
Re: Senate Summons Fashola Over Falling Bridges by Amustical(m): 9:39pm On Nov 25, 2015
As PMB alighted from the Plane (from Iran) today, he turned to the SGF:
PMB: (in his usual wonderful accent): Babachir, right prom the aeroflane, I was seein long queues at fetrol stations. What is za matter?
SGF: Your Excellency, that is how it has been for over 3 week.
PMB: Chapdijam! We fromise za Nigerians change fa! Okay, Babachir, call Malami and make sure we set in motion a frobe.
SGF: Yes Sir, your excellecy
PMB (Now furious): Make sure za Minister op fetroleum is thoroughly frobed. Za Nigerian feofle don't deserve these suffering. We fromised to make puel abailable and cheap during za campaigns.
SGF (a bit puzzled, a bit surprised, and thoroughly confused): Ahh....ermm...Your excellency...erm...
PMB (getting angry): I ordered for a simfle frobe. Why is your face so puzzled? You can't frobe to bring to book za people resfonsible for this suffering by Nigerians? Eh Babachir!!
SGF (now much more confused - speaks in Hausa): Ranka shi dade Excellency! Yallabai... ai kai ne Ministan mai (Translated: Long Live your Excellency! Sir, you are the Minister of Petroleum Resources
PMB: A uzubillahi!!!cheesy cheesy cheesy # hope you had a great day fellas? SWEET DREAMS ({})

2 Likes

Re: Senate Summons Fashola Over Falling Bridges by tpiadotcom: 10:03pm On Nov 25, 2015
who is afraid of Fashola!

and why!
Re: Senate Summons Fashola Over Falling Bridges by 1miccza: 10:17pm On Nov 25, 2015
Looks like these crop of Senators are SS3 students they don't seem to understand what legislating looks like....
Re: Senate Summons Fashola Over Falling Bridges by 1miccza: 10:20pm On Nov 25, 2015
jaymichael:
Na which one be bailey bridges again?

Na bridge wey person dey siddon drink baileys without Cup
Re: Senate Summons Fashola Over Falling Bridges by jaymichael(m): 10:21pm On Nov 25, 2015
1miccza:

Na bridge wey person dey siddon drink baileys without Cup
Ok, no wonder. kai, you are sharp o.
Re: Senate Summons Fashola Over Falling Bridges by 1miccza: 10:25pm On Nov 25, 2015
jaymichael:
Ok, no wonder. kai, you are sharp o.

I go School naaa. Na me break our Teasher slate that year oo
Re: Senate Summons Fashola Over Falling Bridges by shakman04: 10:38pm On Nov 25, 2015
They should have done that when he came for screening. Yeye Senators. Watin be my own sef.

1 Like

Re: Senate Summons Fashola Over Falling Bridges by jaymichael(m): 10:48pm On Nov 25, 2015
1miccza:

Lol. if nairaland no make you laugh in a day, The combination of Alibaba and Basket mouth cannot.
Re: Senate Summons Fashola Over Falling Bridges by AlPeter: 10:54pm On Nov 25, 2015
Kx:
U should have summoned him prior to his assumption of office.

End time senators

this action actually buttress the incompetence of the PDP after 16years of being in power it's Fashola that's not spend a month as Senator they are summoning bunch of retards
Re: Senate Summons Fashola Over Falling Bridges by wytecat: 12:12am On Nov 26, 2015
When a minister who is barely getting his foot in the door is being summoned in a game of mischief we know all too well, too things come to mind, total distraction or give me all is the the beat.
1miccza:

teamchocolate:
This wyte cat u wickedt o....
I don't see why Fashola has to build bridges in biafra... That's none of Nigeria's business..Let nigeria build Nigerian bridges first!!!

Re: Senate Summons Fashola Over Falling Bridges by Ghandi12: 12:18am On Nov 26, 2015
The Multi-Billionaires leading millions of poverty-stricken. They are obviously bereft on any meaningful ideas nor have any real work to do. Wish I could them all in a shuttle and ship them to Syria - they need a manager like Putin.
Re: Senate Summons Fashola Over Falling Bridges by Nobody: 1:13am On Nov 26, 2015
DONSMITH123:
The Senate on Wednesday invited the Minister of Power, Works and Housing, Mr. Babatunde Fashola, over recurring cases of bridges’ collapse in parts of the country.

The upper chamber specifically wanted Fashola to brief its committee on Works on plans for reconstruction of all Bailey bridges In the country.

This followed the adoption of a motion on “Recurring collapse of Bailey bridges nationwide” sponsored by Senator Gilbert Nnaji (Enugu East).

Following the adoption of the motion, the Senate mandated its Committee on Works to undertake an inventory of all Bailey bridges nationwide with particular attention to their years of construction and current status.

It called on the Federal Roads Maintenance Authority (FERMA) to urgently reconstruct the collapsed Bailey bridges across Ebenyi River at Ikem in Isi-Uzo local government area of Enugu State as well as other collapsed Bailey bridges across the country.

Nnaji in his lead debate noted that he is aware that Bailey bridges, developed and used during the Second World War, were built in Nigeria during the pre-independent era up to few years after the Nigerian civil war, to provide temporary crossing for foot and vehicle.

He noted that many of the bridges, made from pre-fabricated metal truss and installed in various parts of the country either cave in or collapsed due to age and pressure, thereby causing untold hardship to commuters, motorists and other road users.

Cc: lalasticlala

http://thenationonlineng.net/senate-summons-fashola-over-falling-bridges/
The bolded explained everything.
He was only summon to come and explain his plane on how to repair the bridges, i think thats a good measure.
We should try to appreciate every right step the legislators are taking no matter how small it may be.
*Dream big but start small.*
Re: Senate Summons Fashola Over Falling Bridges by 1miccza: 3:52am On Nov 26, 2015
wytecat:
When a minister who is barely getting his foot in the door is being summoned in a game of mischief we know all too well, too things come to mind, total distraction or give me all is the the beat.

It's simply not a reason to summon a Minister who's barely one month old.
Re: Senate Summons Fashola Over Falling Bridges by Demdem(m): 5:20am On Nov 26, 2015
Hiploko:
Same senators dat refused summoning the petroleum minister for the fuel burden in naija. Smh

Those fools were only playing to the gallery. They should invite Kachikwu whom they screened not Buhari who they didn't screen. There not screening Buhari didn't stop him from becoming minister of petroleum and none of them went to court for it.
Buhari can't be summoned. Full stop.
Re: Senate Summons Fashola Over Falling Bridges by semiu4real: 6:38am On Nov 26, 2015
The same senate that refused to summon the minister of petroleum just because he is the president!!!!...
Re: Senate Summons Fashola Over Falling Bridges by baysol: 8:34am On Nov 26, 2015
...see me see trouble oooo. This same flat heads wey no want make he become minister na them dey call the man now to come and rescue bail them from their wailing bridge. This wailing wailers sef we no need una for nija una be parasites.
Re: Senate Summons Fashola Over Falling Bridges by wytecat: 7:17pm On Nov 30, 2015
Right!
1miccza:

It's simply not a reason to summon a Minister who's barely one month old.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Umar Ganduje Watching The Europa Finals Between Portugal And France / Buhari Orders The Immediate Restoration Of Security Aides To Governor Obiano / Prophet Jeremiah Omoto And Goodluck Jonathan Pictured Together

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.