Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,484 members, 7,808,761 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:30 PM

What Sells In Nigeria These Days? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / What Sells In Nigeria These Days? (27457 Views)

Heard Of This New Importation Portal That Sells In RMB Cheaper Than Aliexpress / What Sells In Ph Or Owerri? / What Sells Most In Lagos From Dubai? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Sells In Nigeria These Days? by SheDat: 4:40pm On May 25, 2009
I am going home soon, hoping to take stuff to sell. What are people willing to pay good money for in Naija without stress? I would hate to speculate and end up with people wanting to 'pay later'. So what the the latest hot cake? Laptops, clothes, soap, perfume,handbags, what? undecided
Re: What Sells In Nigeria These Days? by ifyalways(f): 11:21am On May 26, 2009
good money as in . . . .? tongue
it all depends on who u know,ur connections.everything u had on that list is hot but ur connections and locations matters.If u are well connected at the computer villages in lagos,i wud say laptops are hotcakes.
B4 u embark on buying anything though,i wud advice u check out the current 9ja price and then calculate from ur ends.Fortunately for u,there are lots of threads in NL to help u, . . .computer section,fashion threads.
Re: What Sells In Nigeria These Days? by tboy1(m): 11:42am On May 26, 2009
> Cloths for University girls . . . its better if u know one of the students(someone who is already involved in this)
> Get involved with Laptops/pc/mobile phones only if you get it cheaper from where u r, unless you'll loose bigtime
you can get the current prices from some threads here:
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-40503.256.html 'Computer Village (Ikeja) Price Guide'
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-94807.192.html 'Mobile Phones Prices Database'

Goodluck!!!
Re: What Sells In Nigeria These Days? by filaman: 4:42pm On Jun 15, 2009
a football viewing centre,in a strategic area.
Re: What Sells In Nigeria These Days? by Ccomputers(m): 5:42pm On Jun 15, 2009
Laptop computers sale much here cos Nigeria is entering into COMPUTER AGE now

1 Like

Re: What Sells In Nigeria These Days? by iukpe: 12:45pm On Jun 16, 2009
Abeg! Lager and peppersoup is the most selling thing today.
Trust me on this one. And you can make more depending on how you package the service environment. As much as 300% turnover on a bottle of lager to same on a plate of nicely made peppersoup.
Re: What Sells In Nigeria These Days? by Fhemmmy: 12:58pm On Jun 16, 2009
Ccomputers:

Laptop computers sale much here cos Nigeria is entering into COMPUTER AGE now

Which city are you at and what are the price of laptops in that hood?
Re: What Sells In Nigeria These Days? by NaijaEcash(m): 12:25pm On Jun 19, 2009
It is showing on his profile

Awka Anambra State
Re: What Sells In Nigeria These Days? by yommyflo(m): 9:59am On Jun 24, 2009
well my opinion is going iNTO THE MARKET AND DO THE NEEDED STUDY WHICH WILL GIVE YOU AN ANSWER TO WHAT YOU CAN BUY
Re: What Sells In Nigeria These Days? by Ejaybrown(f): 12:34pm On Jun 24, 2009
gold !!! for centuries gold has being one of the most valued commodity in times. and it sell whenever wherever and how ever. and it has being discover that naija produces the best gold in the world that is 24 karat for more info on how to star
Re: What Sells In Nigeria These Days? by Fhemmmy: 1:18pm On Jun 24, 2009
Nigerian market is just really bad for the following reasons.
1. People are willing to buy fake for cheaper, rather than buy real for a lil more.
2. Exchange rate of not encouraging at all, especially since one has to buy at the black market and not at the bank.
3. People like to buy on credit too much and tie down capital.
4. Never mix biz with family.

1 Like

Re: What Sells In Nigeria These Days? by tkb417(m): 1:20pm On Jun 25, 2009
a football viewing centre,in a strategic area.
that is what hes going to bring back to Nigeria to sell

1 Like

Re: What Sells In Nigeria These Days? by parki: 1:42pm On Jun 25, 2009
tbk417 abeg no mind some pple simple question wey person ask them and u can see the answer tht block head gave and thts hw pple fail in exams
Re: What Sells In Nigeria These Days? by MUZBO(m): 1:45pm On Jun 25, 2009
Please bring good brains back to sell.
Just tell em Mike Adenuga,Dangote or Obama once used them. It will be hot cake, sorry hot brain!
Nigerians 'll buy anything, it depends on what you tell them.

1 Like

Re: What Sells In Nigeria These Days? by SamMilla1(m): 1:46pm On Jun 25, 2009
yommyflo:

well my opinion is going iNTO THE MARKET AND DO THE NEEDED STUDY WHICH WILL GIVE YOU AN ANSWER TO WHAT YOU CAN BUY

Typical Oyibo mentality. its good anyway but you need connections like someone said above.
Without connection, you can even  buy the best laptops in the USA and find it difficult to sell them anywhere in Nigeria. The traders have unions, so u need an insider. It happened to me when i was in Germany.
Landed at Ladipo market with a truck load of used spare parts and no one looked my way until i cornered someone and made him my interim manager.

In Other words : something that is not even hotcake can sell easily if you have a good connection.

Depending on what you want to buy, i have people in Computer village and alaba market, that is if you are talking about lagos.
I cant guarrantee you any other place except Onitsha where we have our spare parts warehouses.
Re: What Sells In Nigeria These Days? by v3: 1:55pm On Jun 25, 2009
@post. .

wat can U sell. . . errm, lets see

As PHCN av decided to HOLD their POWER. . Cold Pure Water would be a good business
Ermm. . werin again o. . .ehen Gala, Meaty & hotty are all marketable stuff

Sometimes we find ourselves ASKING stupid questions. . . i wonder how this question made it to NLs frontpage

ttttttssssssssssssssssheeeeeeeewww!!
Re: What Sells In Nigeria These Days? by pek(m): 2:15pm On Jun 25, 2009
in lagos, everything sells even shit which is termed good business. it all boils down to a lot of factors.
Re: What Sells In Nigeria These Days? by chykeo(m): 2:24pm On Jun 25, 2009
Everything sells. Depending on where are you travelling to Nigeria from. What is it that you think is cheaper to buy from there and which will be of good quality. Check to see what your host country has comparative advantage of price over other countries.

If u can, come to Italy and buy ladies shoes and handbags or men's clothes.

Nigeria has market for everything. Everything sells. The only thing that doesn't sell is NOTHING

1 Like

Re: What Sells In Nigeria These Days? by Nobody: 2:28pm On Jun 25, 2009
bring some good babes with you and you'll get rich in a year. the ones here are almost expired. we need fresh blood. nice sweet ones oh.

1 Like

Re: What Sells In Nigeria These Days? by Nezan(m): 2:39pm On Jun 25, 2009
iukpe:

Trust me on this one. And you can make more depending on how you package the service environment. As much as 300% turnover on a bottle of lager to same on a plate of nicely made peppersoup.

funny grin grin grin grin grin grin, but sadly true angry angry angry angry angry
Re: What Sells In Nigeria These Days? by toyecoach(m): 2:40pm On Jun 25, 2009
what sells in Nigeria.do not be ignorant,people are looking for what they will
do to improve their living and will pay lots for such information,
especially information on money making,career development and so on.
Re: What Sells In Nigeria These Days? by v3: 2:42pm On Jun 25, 2009
@alqaeda

do we now breed "militants" on NL too. . .next tin na bomb dem go dey drop everywhere for NL
Re: What Sells In Nigeria These Days? by SheDat: 3:00pm On Jun 25, 2009
Thanks for all the solid advice. I live in the US and have not been home in almost 10 years, so not really in the groove. People are not very forthcoming with information either. Imagine having to come here and ask strangers! My own people have nothing to say except what are you bringing for me. I just don't want to go empty handed. You guys are awesome. As for v3nom4eva your rendition of the hissing sound in English is hilarious! Keep up the good work! LOL
Re: What Sells In Nigeria These Days? by v3: 3:05pm On Jun 25, 2009
@shedat

you're welcome dear
Re: What Sells In Nigeria These Days? by buffead(f): 3:29pm On Jun 25, 2009
v3nom4eva:

@alqaeda

do we now breed "militants" on NL too. . .next tin na bomb dem go dey drop everywhere for NL

lmaoooooo u made ma day i swear couldnt stop laughing when i saw dis lol cheesy cheesy
Re: What Sells In Nigeria These Days? by freezy(m): 3:30pm On Jun 25, 2009
iukpe:

Chic, the suggestion above is priceless.

1. You dont sell credit
2. Everyone's curious to visit the new p. joint with american packaging
3. You can break even in one month! (Depending on location)

We'll be expextin' you. . . and if some of us get off duty, we might show u round!!!  grin
Re: What Sells In Nigeria These Days? by Nobody: 3:34pm On Jun 25, 2009
v3nom4eva:

@alqaeda

WHY NOT. ITS THE SAME MILITANTS THAT 160 MILLION OF YOU CANNOT EVEN COME CLOSE TO. WHAT A WASTE OF HUMAN QUANTITY.
Re: What Sells In Nigeria These Days? by v3: 3:37pm On Jun 25, 2009
@buffead

you're welcome

@al-qaeda N co
Give this mesg to ur brovas. . . f*@#() U all

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Naira Crashes To N285/$1 At Interbank Market / Google CEO, Sundar Pichai Visits Nigeria (photos) / Customers Groan As Banks Exhaust Old, New Naira Notes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.