Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,908 members, 7,802,953 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 05:06 AM

Why Is It Easier For Muslims To Convert To Christians And Not Vice - Versa ? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Is It Easier For Muslims To Convert To Christians And Not Vice - Versa ? (1075 Views)

136 Christians Convert To Islam In Kwara State / Why Religion Section Will Always Turn Christians Into Atheists, Not Vice Versa / Why Is It Easier For Catholic Ladies To Marry Non Catholics And Not Vice Versa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is It Easier For Muslims To Convert To Christians And Not Vice - Versa ? by kshow1(m): 5:52pm On May 25, 2009
I was in Lagos recently and observed that most of my friends who are Muslims are now going to church.
This has put me on enquiry at the rate at which Muslims are converting to Christians in Nigeria.
Is it that Islam is more difficult to practise as some would say judging by praying 5 times daily or because you just have the liberty to go to church just on sundays which is more convenient to a lot of people. ?
Re: Why Is It Easier For Muslims To Convert To Christians And Not Vice - Versa ? by manmustwac(m): 6:09pm On May 25, 2009
I think its coz they grew up in lagos. So as they grow up they're bound to be influenced by the christians who grew up with them. I even know a yoruba babe too who is now practicing christianity instead of Islam.
Re: Why Is It Easier For Muslims To Convert To Christians And Not Vice - Versa ? by Nobody: 7:58pm On May 25, 2009
Its simply because most muslims you see dont understand islam itself. Even the muslims pretending here, how many times do you see them running to the tired "allah knows best" anytime (which is almost all the time) they cant explain the quran itself?
the bible is easy to read, easy to understand . . . the quran is difficult to read even for the imaams who simply rely on recitation . . . their prayers are in arabic and mostly meaningless to non-arabs (but they keep reciting anyway) . . .

There is hope in Christ, none in allah . . . there is joy in Christ but only fear in the quran . . .
Re: Why Is It Easier For Muslims To Convert To Christians And Not Vice - Versa ? by banom(m): 8:00pm On May 25, 2009
Davidylan take it easy
Re: Why Is It Easier For Muslims To Convert To Christians And Not Vice - Versa ? by bindex(m): 8:11pm On May 25, 2009
It depends on what part of Nigeria you are living in, for us that live in the northern part of Nigeria we see more Christians converting to Islam, most especially the Igbos  grin grin, If you go to kano you will see quite a handful of Islamic converts that are Igbos grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Is It Easier For Muslims To Convert To Christians And Not Vice - Versa ? by mazaje(m): 8:21pm On May 25, 2009
bindex:

It depends on what part of Nigeria you are living in, for us that live in the northern part of Nigeria we see more Christians converting to Islam, most especially the Igbos grin grin, If you go to kano you will see quite a handful of Islamic converts that are Igbos grin grin grin grin

yane kani layi ne? inata buzzing dinka na ji shuru.

grin grin christian ladies are the ones that mostly convert to islam in the north.

(1) (Reply)

Ufo's / Speaking In Tongues / Cults - Dangerous Devotion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.