Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,905 members, 7,802,934 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:08 AM

My Near Crash Experience With Arik Air Yesterday - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Near Crash Experience With Arik Air Yesterday (33860 Views)

Lady Narrates Near Crash Experience Onboard An Arik Flight From Lagos To Ghana / Baggage Abandoned By Arik Air At A New York Airport. Photos / Abuja To Lagos Flight Cost With Arik. Urgent Please! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Near Crash Experience With Arik Air Yesterday by fotadmowmend(m): 9:18am On Nov 27, 2015
Elparaiso:
Nigga, I'm still in the thanksgiving mood. Would give you an answer later. Pray I don't get a hangover.
smhh
Re: My Near Crash Experience With Arik Air Yesterday by femibig(m): 10:32am On Nov 27, 2015
OZAOEKPE:
"failure in my language means BUHARI, soon some programed animals will soon come here to blame GEJ after 6 months of leaving the seat of the president". Quote me anywhere

You are definitely an asshole.
Re: My Near Crash Experience With Arik Air Yesterday by IBEXY(m): 1:05pm On Feb 07, 2016
obailala:
Paris to Lagos trip; flight computers failed just as plane plane was about to take off (lucky to still be on the ground); we taxi back to the dock; they call in engineers to fix the plane; about 3 hours later, we are still locked inside the grounded plane with engineers battling to fix it (luckily the A/C was ON unlike some Arik cases cheesy); agitations increases for them to let us out of the plane or give us some food; they say the only food they have was reserved for airborne sharing; captain of the plane who had since been silent finally speaks up but adds salt to injury by threatening those agitating to go back to their seats or face disciplinary action shocked shocked shocked angry This misguided outburst leads to increased agitations; eventually the door opens and we step out on the tarmac; Lo and behold, the tarmac was lined with heavily armed anti-riot police; many saw it as an insult that they brought policemen for us because we were black Nigerians; the shouting match continued (this time even with the quiet policemen that were even minding their business); I stepped back into the lounge and sat there another 5 hours before they managed to replace the flight. In all, my flight was delayed by almost 10 hours, we landed Lagos after 1am as against 4pm when we were meant to land.

I missed my appointments, there was no option of compensation (even though the shouting match continued by some people who were insistent they must be compensated). I didn't bother myself about the delay, or a compensation, cos in the typical African manner, I was more grateful to be alive than to be angry about the delays. grin

At the end, I re-learnt a lesson which I already knew before, "if AirFrance with a fleet size of 235 air crafts could delay me by 10 hours without an explanation or compensation even at their HQ (Charles de Gaulle), then I would be pushing my luck too far if I don't expect worse from Arik with a fleet size of 24.

Sorry, but I felt this was an unnecessary trial at justifying an obviously shambolic service - especially the highlighted section in your post. This reaction is exactly why the Airlines do what they do. They know we dont want wahala and that we will always walk away.

Be it Air France or Arik, it does not matter. Knowingly putting people's lives at risk or treating them like animals, surely, should breach some aviation rules and regulation or at least Consumer/ service provider agreement. Its about time the Nigeria Aviation Authority (or whoever oversees the aviation industry) did something about these unsavory issues.

Put it the other way round, if you missed your flight or cancelled, will the airline let you off without charges?

You probably will ask what I would do in your place right?

a) Write to the Consumer Protection agency
b) Make as much noise as possible on social media about it (nairaland, Youtube, Facebook, Twitter) (believe me, it works these days - especially if it goes viral. Only a stupid company will ignore social media these days)
c) Write a complaint to the airline (better than doing nothing)
d) write to all government agencies remotely connected to the industry concerned.

Have I had to do any of the above and did it work! O Yes!
Re: My Near Crash Experience With Arik Air Yesterday by Boeing777pilot: 1:25am On Feb 08, 2016
You story doesn’t add up.

1 Like

Re: My Near Crash Experience With Arik Air Yesterday by Olisa4all: 11:47am On Feb 08, 2016
Boeing777pilot:
You story doesn’t add up.
Question is which of the stories?
Re: My Near Crash Experience With Arik Air Yesterday by Boeing777pilot: 5:03pm On Feb 08, 2016
Olisa4all:

Question is which of the stories?

On take-off, two birds mysteriously flew into the right engine causing the engine to shut down and two tyres getting busted, which forced the pilot to crash land.

Trying to establish the link between bird strike and punctured tires.
Re: My Near Crash Experience With Arik Air Yesterday by Olisa4all: 7:30pm On Feb 08, 2016
Boeing777pilot:

On take-off, two birds mysteriously flew into the right engine causing the engine to shut down and two tyres getting busted, which forced the pilot to crash land.

Trying to establish the link between bird strike and punctured tires.

Not to forget "crash land" which the whole world would've heard about
Re: My Near Crash Experience With Arik Air Yesterday by Boeing777pilot: 9:28pm On Feb 08, 2016
Olisa4all:

Not to forget "crash land" which the whole world would've heard about

My point exactly.
A bird strike necessitating an air return would always make the news.

"Crash Land" would be in the head lines for days as the runway would be shut and flights disrupted, NCAA and FAAN would release statements etc.

" Especially when the pilot told us how lucky we all were because he had excess fuel on the plane that would have easily triggered an explosion. "

No pilot will ever tell his passengers this.

I don't believe this story one bit.

It is well.

1 Like

Re: My Near Crash Experience With Arik Air Yesterday by Nobody: 8:36am On Feb 09, 2016
After paying 25k...see wetin this guys serve on long hour flight!!!

Re: My Near Crash Experience With Arik Air Yesterday by EmraanHasanAnik(m): 11:23am On Feb 16, 2016
Paris Taxi provides many services that will make your transportation needs easier and cheaper. A reliable 24 hour taxi service & their aim is to make travel easy for their customer. With online taxi booking, you can arrange easily a taxi from here -
http://www.paristaxi.paris/
Re: My Near Crash Experience With Arik Air Yesterday by Rudaiya(f): 7:20pm On Apr 04, 2016
I am always nervous to not get rental car insurance. I like that you should check with your personal insurance to make sure. It is surprising how many benefits you can have from all sorts of sources.
http://www.taxiinparis.fr/

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

BRT Driver Faints While Driving In Oshodi, Lagos (photos) / JAPA: How My Nigerian Accent Failed Me In Canada (pix/video) / Caterpillar Accident Hits Agulu, Anambra State - Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.