Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,375 members, 7,808,309 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:11 AM

Sayyidul Istighfaar (the Greatest Invocation For Forgiveness) - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Sayyidul Istighfaar (the Greatest Invocation For Forgiveness) (690 Views)

Seeking Forgiveness From The Most Merciful. / Islam & Forgiveness / 10 Benefits Of Asking God’s Forgiveness (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Sayyidul Istighfaar (the Greatest Invocation For Forgiveness) by abat4real37(f): 2:13pm On Nov 26, 2015
اَللَّهُمَّ أَنْتَ رَبِّيْ لَا إِلَهَ إِلَّا أَنْتَ، خَلَقْتَنِي وَأَنَا عَبْدُكَ، وَأَنَا عَلَى عَهْدِكَ وَوَعْدِكَ مَا اسْتَطَعْتُ، أَعُوْذُ بِكَ مِنْ شَرِّ مَا صَنَعْتُ، أَبُوْءُ لَكَ بِنِعْمَتِكَ عَلَيَّ، وَأَبُوْءُ لَكَ بِذَنْبِي فَاغْفِرْ لِي، فَإِنَّهُ لاَ يَغْفِرُ الذُّنُوْبَ إِلَّا أَنْتَ
Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alayhi Wa Sallam) has stated regarding Sayyidul Istighfaar: “If anyone recites it during the day with firm faith and dies before the evening, he will be from the people of Paradise and if anyone recites it at night with firm faith and dies before the morning, he will be from the people of Paradise.” (Sahih al-Bukhari, Hadith #: 6306)

The best form of Istighfaar is Sayyidul Istighfaar which is as follows:

اَللَّهُمَّ أَنْتَ رَبِّيْ لَا إِلَهَ إِلَّا أَنْتَ، خَلَقْتَنِي وَأَنَا عَبْدُكَ، وَأَنَا عَلَى عَهْدِكَ وَوَعْدِكَ مَا اسْتَطَعْتُ، أَعُوْذُ بِكَ مِنْ شَرِّ مَا صَنَعْتُ، أَبُوْءُ لَكَ بِنِعْمَتِكَ عَلَيَّ، وَأَبُوْءُ لَكَ بِذَنْبِي فَاغْفِرْ لِي، فَإِنَّهُ لاَ يَغْفِرُ الذُّنُوْبَ إِلَّا أَنْتَ

Transliteration: Allahumma Anta Rabbee La Ilaha Illa Ant. Khalaqtanee wa Ana Abduka wa Ana Ala Ahdika wa Wa’dika Masta Ta’tu. Aboo’u Laka Bi Ni’matika Alayya Wa’Aboo’u Laka Bi Zambee Faghfirlee Fa’innahu La Yaghfiruz Zunooba Illa Anta.

Translation: 0 Allah! You are my Cherisher. There is no deity except You. You have created me and I am Your servant. As far as possible, I abide by my solemn promise and covenant to You. I seek Your protection against the consequences of my wrongdoings. I fully acknowledge the grace You have bestowed upon me and I confess my faults. So pardon me my sins as none but You can pardon sins.

https:///hLquHH

3 Likes

Re: Sayyidul Istighfaar (the Greatest Invocation For Forgiveness) by Nobody: 6:13am On Nov 27, 2015
Jazakallah khair. Juma'at kareem
Re: Sayyidul Istighfaar (the Greatest Invocation For Forgiveness) by Fundamentalist: 9:23am On Nov 27, 2015
spot on

(1) (Reply)

Lying;a Greater Sin / This Is Awakening -Yasmin Magahed / Why Do Muslims Pray In The Language They Don't Understand?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.