Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,337 members, 7,808,189 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:21 AM

Should Hijabs Be Allowed In NYSC Camps? - NYSC (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Should Hijabs Be Allowed In NYSC Camps? (98270 Views)

Photos From Recent NYSC Camps Carnival / Sex In NYSC Camps: How True? As A Corps Member Please Share? / Sexual Promiscuity By Married Women At NYSC Camps (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should Hijabs Be Allowed In NYSC Camps? by Nobody: 10:20am On Nov 27, 2015
ceecee0703:

Madam for the interest of other Nigerians we should direct them to save lives all the female bombers wear d hijab common sense should tell us to control the wearing of that garment. dont u wonder why mali and senegal banned it in their country..

Ode!

Common sense should tell you there are ways around it
Re: Should Hijabs Be Allowed In NYSC Camps? by Nobody: 10:22am On Nov 27, 2015
princefunmmy:

do you have anyone that have lost their life due to bomb blast? I stay in the north and I know what this has caused. Recently a man disguised as a woman wearing hijab was caught in the market and underneath the hijab are explosives, what can you say about that?

Even if I do, it will not stop me from thinking straight
Re: Should Hijabs Be Allowed In NYSC Camps? by Nobody: 10:23am On Nov 27, 2015
Seunaj05:
as much I acknowledge and appreciate your most welcomed and very unusual tolerance and acknowledgement regarding ur first statement, I solicit to challenge u to a debate while I will try as much as possible to be objective on ur last statement. My Whatsapp contact is +2347033220261 We're all the handiwork of God, if only we can have a mutual understanding!

Oh my!

What do we have here?

I am not interested
Re: Should Hijabs Be Allowed In NYSC Camps? by Nobody: 10:24am On Nov 27, 2015
sonofananimal:
so you like them to treat you like slave abi undecided

I have [b]never [/b]been treated like a slave smiley
Re: Should Hijabs Be Allowed In NYSC Camps? by Nobody: 10:25am On Nov 27, 2015
rad8:
How this ppl use resemble human beings.. Make persin decide to hide all im body because she no want make person see am. She for just sidon for hse na. How d nysc officer wan know who d person b.
Honestly, if I see this can ppl for road, I dey run. They resemble masquerade and dem fit carry bomb.
Them for just call themselves black Eyo masquerades

You can cry us a river
Re: Should Hijabs Be Allowed In NYSC Camps? by babajero(m): 10:25am On Nov 27, 2015
Say No to masquerade and bomb harboring groups in our camps.
If you go to the bank and see those things at the counter would you wait to complete your transaction or go back to that place again?
Re: Should Hijabs Be Allowed In NYSC Camps? by Nobody: 10:26am On Nov 27, 2015
ODUBEZE:
With due respect to all Muslims,
Hijab should be restricted to their homes, Muslim schools or mosques!
---
If you accommodate one religion, are you willing to accommodate all?
---
it means Christians can come to the camp with their uniform i.e Lords Chosen.
---
Even the traditionalist can come with their idols because we want to tolerate one religion!
---
There is no bokoharam in Britain so please there is no basis for comparison!
---
For once the Islamic leader should look beyond themselves and see others.
---
Ladies can still dress properly without hijab! What is important is that you inculcate good values in them, believe me a lady with good values needs not be told to dress decently!

Ode!

where in the Bible did God prescribed a uniform for Christians
Where in Odu Ifa did it say that they must wear white at all times?
Re: Should Hijabs Be Allowed In NYSC Camps? by Nobody: 10:27am On Nov 27, 2015
voltron:
It is common for a syphilis-infected Mad man to flare and bray like a lustful konji donkey until he starts to feel the effects of all the knocks of stupidity on his maggot-breeding head. (a metaphor for low-reasoning religious dolts)

These are the same hypocritical misogynistic pedophiles that rose in rabid jubilation when Osama was alive, they reveled in joy when Saddam killed his own people.. sense is now entering their knuckle-heads as BH murders their wives and children and ISIS drives their own blood and brothers into infidel nations for safety and immigrant rations and disgrace.. these illiterate mujaheddins continue to make use of whatever scarab-filled brain cells is left to think like the idiots they truly are...

News Flash!

Islam is not going anywhere
Re: Should Hijabs Be Allowed In NYSC Camps? by Nobody: 10:29am On Nov 27, 2015
joeyekembele:
When would this swines called Muslims stop being problem to this nation and stop taking us backward? How would a sane person encourage masquerade to participate in NYSC? For God sake, it is a paramilitary outfit like the police. If the Muslims could persuade the NYSC authority to allow female muslim to wear this dirty rags called hijab, they should also persuade the federal government to allow female military and paramilitary personnel to wear it ASAP. What a deluded and hypocritical set of pigs are they?

Eeyah!

You seem hurt

I have a pain-relieving mechanism

Try cutting your wrists everyday

They are going to use that long hijab and nothing go sele
Re: Should Hijabs Be Allowed In NYSC Camps? by Nobody: 10:36am On Nov 27, 2015
daretodiffer:

I have [b]never [/b]been treated like a slave smiley
good to hear that coming for ya mouth!

Don't you know that hijab from head to toe is a form of women SLAVERY?

And I just don't know what you are against of!

The ban of hijab was on a paramilitary organization know as nysc, there didn't BAN hijab nation wide.
Re: Should Hijabs Be Allowed In NYSC Camps? by olayinka63: 10:40am On Nov 27, 2015

NYSC DG DISCREDITS THE BAN OF HIJAB , SAYS "NOBODY CAN BAN THE USE OF HIJAB

"Yesterday, (25th of November, 2015), several media houses misled Nigerians by spreading false headlines that Hijab has been banned in the NYSC scheme. Immediately, the National executives of the Muslim Corpers’ Association of Nigeria (MCAN) contacted the Director General of the scheme through a letter and Text messages to verify the news going viral.

Prior to the misleading news from the media, the National Executives of MCAN met with the DG on (Tuesday, 24 of November, 2015 which corresponds to the 12th of Safar, 1437AH)with respect to the same Hijab and harassment of Corps members issue in some states. In the meeting, the DG assured MCAN of collectively creating a lasting solution to the issues we raised.

On (Wednesday, 25 of November, 2015 which corresponds to the 13th of Safar, 1437AH) The DG discredited the misleading news of some media houses and bloggers such as Punch, Daily trust, and Linda Ikeji among others. He reaffirmed his willingness to work with MCAN executives to attain a better NYSC. The following text messages were exchanged between the DG and MCAN to reach a consensus on the issue, as we await an official document to this effect;

MCAN“Good day sir, please can you kindly clarify the news on the Ban of hijab.
Thank you
”25th of November, 2015 – 04: 59pm

Director General of NYSC;
“Nobody can ban the use of Hijab in NYSC. We are only pleading that due to the current security situation in the country, our corps members are requested to try and avoid use of Long Hijab. However, what’s your own view and advice on it?
Thanks
”25th of November, 2015 – 05: 08pm

MCAN“It is a great honour and privilege to be given the opportunity to advice. We advise a hijab to the knee and a three quarter trousers. We have also asked our members to cooperate with the security agencies to maintaining peace and order during checking and to report suspicious persons. It is a great opportunity having your personality as DG, We pray for your long life and health.
Thanks
”25th of November, 2015 – 06 : 44pm

Director General of NYSC;
“This is fine, I will ensure that this is conveyed to all the states orientation camp to guide them.
Thanks and God bless.
”25th of November, 2015 – 06 : 50pm

Based on our discussion with the DG, all Muslim corps members are hereby informed that; White Hijabs which is up to the knee level and three quarter trousers are now accepted by NYSC pending the time the security challenges in the country will be totally eradicated, it’s very difficult to compromise our religious conventions to this extent by accepting to use Hijabs which are not up to the feet or ankle level however the DG pleaded we accept his offers in order to prevent any security threat. In addition , the DG also promised to send directives to all the NYSC staffs.

Hence, Kindly report any military or NYSC personal to your MCAN state Amir if you are harassed or ordered to take off your hijab, provided it’s around the knee level. In Sha Allah, we shall communicate further information to you shortly. As we await an official communication to this effect. Thus, we enjoy you to stay calm. We advise all Corps Members to submit to security checks, be respectful, obedient, tolerant, prayerful and above all, report any provoking issue(s) to the rightful bodies in order to prevent any form of regrettable violence.

Kindly disregard all the misleading and false information from media houses. Get a first-hand information from MCAN in regards to Muslim corps members’ affairs.

Furthermore, we enjoy all media houses to deploy investigative journalism before passing out information, as passing of wrong information of this nature can turn the country into total mess. We also use this medium to call the attention of the Ministry of Information to control the flow of unprofessional and misleading News.

Special Appreciations to;The NYSC Director General : Brigadier General Johnson Ol

All of you are just typing without reasoning . The authentic of this news is the one in quote above.
Hypocrisy is when you silent on using police and military uniforms for robbery and you campaign against hijab. Gullible and dumb peoples everywhere.
Re: Should Hijabs Be Allowed In NYSC Camps? by Elparaiso(m): 10:41am On Nov 27, 2015
daretodiffer:

Hoe many NYSC camps have been attacked?

How many women will be putting on long hijabs?
1. I do not have a definite answer.
2. Enough women to pose a security threat
Re: Should Hijabs Be Allowed In NYSC Camps? by ODUBEZE: 10:45am On Nov 27, 2015
daretodiffer:

Ode!
where in the Bible did God prescribed a uniform for Christians Where in Odu Ifa did it say that they must wear white at all times?
This daretodiffer can't you make a comment without insult(s)? what is your problem? If you cannot comprehend a comment why don't U just keep quiet! must you talk? Na wa for you oooooooo. The way you speak shows how you are brought up! Don't ever quote me if you don't have anything reasonable to say!
Re: Should Hijabs Be Allowed In NYSC Camps? by ModiKen(m): 11:04am On Nov 27, 2015
sonOfLucifer:

You are really dull. smiley smiley

I swear, d guy dull no b small. angry
Re: Should Hijabs Be Allowed In NYSC Camps? by Nobody: 11:18am On Nov 27, 2015
daretodiffer:

News Flash!

Islam is not going anywhere

...even after it has drunk the last drop of blood left in the souks of the blissfully ignorant who let their faithful in with open arms.
Re: Should Hijabs Be Allowed In NYSC Camps? by AJaylee(m): 11:19am On Nov 27, 2015
daretodiffer:

Ode!

Who are you to tell them what they can or cannot wear?
Weyrey,
Dis is a question asked in a thread nd anyone is free to say their opinion, if u cnt jst shut up nd look like a cow
Re: Should Hijabs Be Allowed In NYSC Camps? by rad8(m): 11:25am On Nov 27, 2015
daretodiffer:

You can cry us a river
But talk tru, you no dey feel heat when u wear d hijab?
Re: Should Hijabs Be Allowed In NYSC Camps? by tinktanker: 11:36am On Nov 27, 2015
seankay:
these people just like protesting undecided
dats Islam for u na
Re: Should Hijabs Be Allowed In NYSC Camps? by Seunaj05(m): 11:53am On Nov 27, 2015
daretodiffer:

Oh my!
What do we have here?
I am not interested
have a great day
Re: Should Hijabs Be Allowed In NYSC Camps? by AndyAustin(m): 12:09pm On Nov 27, 2015
LWKMD!!! Can't stop laughing at the pix...Nairaland make una leave me oooooo!!! cheesy cheesy cheesy grin
Re: Should Hijabs Be Allowed In NYSC Camps? by Ayt27(m): 12:33pm On Nov 27, 2015
sonOfLucifer:
Its what he goes into... wink
Man! That was very very subtle,but I think I got ur message.
Re: Should Hijabs Be Allowed In NYSC Camps? by JegaQuin: 12:58pm On Nov 27, 2015
So na this one they should allow abi? Some people here needs to visit Yaba apa osi for a proper checkup!

Re: Should Hijabs Be Allowed In NYSC Camps? by Nobody: 1:05pm On Nov 27, 2015
rad8:

But talk tru, you no dey feel heat when u wear d hijab?

No

it becomes part of you
Re: Should Hijabs Be Allowed In NYSC Camps? by Nobody: 1:06pm On Nov 27, 2015
AJaylee:

Weyrey,
Dis is a question asked in a thread nd anyone is free to say their opinion, if u cnt jst shut up nd look like a cow

ode!

Like anyone cares about what you think
Re: Should Hijabs Be Allowed In NYSC Camps? by Nobody: 1:08pm On Nov 27, 2015
voltron:

...even after it has drunk the last drop of blood left in the souks of the blissfully ignorant who let their faithful in with open arms.

Story undecided

All I know is that Islam is not going anywhere
Re: Should Hijabs Be Allowed In NYSC Camps? by laudate: 1:10pm On Nov 27, 2015
These people need to be sensitive to the security situation in the country. Why promote unnecessary security risk by putting on a hijab?? Female suicide bombers have been known to strap dynamite and bombs around their body, while concealing it under a hijab in order to cause havoc. Even in their uniforms, the female corpers still appear decent. undecided

What the Director-General of NYSC banned was the long ankle-length hijab. Why are these chaps getting it wrong?? Even in the British Met Police, it is forbidden to wear long, ankle-length hijabs covering the whole body. Only the short ones that cover the sides of the neck, is allowed. It is also the same for the female muslim police officers in the US. sad

NYSC- is even supposed to offer some kind of para-military man o'war training. Do you know how clumsy it would be to carry out those exercises wearing a hijab?? Afterall, those female corpers and their parents knew that NYSC was compulsory before enrolling in it and they knew what the requirements of the uniform were. So why are they protesting, now??
Re: Should Hijabs Be Allowed In NYSC Camps? by Cateyes07: 1:11pm On Nov 27, 2015
EVILFOREST:

I tire ooooo.
See how them wear CUBICLE for body.

Person fit dey inside start Baby Factory business The hijab help the so called Muslim women disguise to enter Hotels to commit adultery with all these Alfas, we have seen incidence of such many time . and as for that professor of fools, may his family be at front row when any Bomb explode

Re: Should Hijabs Be Allowed In NYSC Camps? by Nobody: 1:11pm On Nov 27, 2015
ODUBEZE:

This daretodiffer can't you make a comment without insult(s)?
what is your problem?
If you cannot comprehend a comment why don't U just keep quiet! must you talk?
Na wa for you oooooooo.
The way you speak shows how you are brought up!
Don't ever quote me if you don't have anything reasonable to say!

I would if you had a brain but unfortunately you do not have one

I was a brought ion a home where it is forbidden to say idio.t grin
Re: Should Hijabs Be Allowed In NYSC Camps? by Nobody: 1:19pm On Nov 27, 2015
pomsky:

[size=14pt].......let the hijab be transparent and only dark on the face, .......or.......let it be sllimfitted, so dat it will show any bomb hidden by protusion . Actually, it should only be worn during Muslim festivals, like the Eyo dressing during the Adamu Orisa festival! grin[/size]

Foo.l
Re: Should Hijabs Be Allowed In NYSC Camps? by laudate: 1:20pm On Nov 27, 2015
Simplefaithy:
many people will just be ranting on social Media any how. if u know nothing about hijab and how compulsory it is for a believing women jus keep your mouth shut. Hijab is ordained by Allah on all believing woman check Quran chapter 33 verse 59 and chapter 24 verse 31. Hijab is part of our females dress code and there is nothing anyone can do about it not even nysc.

Then please do NOT go for NYSC. Every graduate already knows what the stipulated uniform approved for NYSC participants, looks like. So how can you come into camp and decide to change it on your own, by insisting that a hijab should be incorporated into your mode of dressing, at the camp?? I don't understand it.

NYSC was set up as a para-military organisation, and it carries out man o'war training drills in camp. How can you participate in such drills wearing a long ankle-length hijab, without tripping over your own feet?? shocked Or should they cancel the drills, just to please you? shocked

Even female muslim police officers abroad are only allowed to wear the short hijab that covers the neck/shoulders, and not the one which covers the entire body. The security situation in the country is tough enough, without people making it more difficult due to their refusal to follow instruction.

NYSC Camp will only last for 21 days. Why can't people forego their own self-centred wills to wear a particular item of dressing, just for the sake of safety?? Holiness or Purity is a conduct or behavioural feature. Does the lack of a hijab make any Muslim woman less holy?

2 Likes

Re: Should Hijabs Be Allowed In NYSC Camps? by Nobody: 1:21pm On Nov 27, 2015
MuhdG:
Even though I support women with hijab 100%. There are times we MUST compromise.

Looking at the security situation. You might not know who is who or what is underneath that hijab.

So I agree 100%. Use of long hijab should be banned (ONLY until the security situation is better).

But this does not mean muslim ladies should abandon covering their hair/body.. they should employ other means.

Admit it

you do not like long hijab
Re: Should Hijabs Be Allowed In NYSC Camps? by Nobody: 1:23pm On Nov 27, 2015
daretodiffer:

Story undecided

All I know is that Islam is not going anywhere

make e stay naa.. grin grin grin grin as long as e no near me

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

The Tallest Guy In Abuja NYSC Camp (Photos) / A Female Corper Crushed By A Train In Lagos (Graphic Photos) / Female Corper Shows Cleavage & Underwear While Wearing NYSC Uniform

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.