Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,724 members, 7,805,969 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:23 AM

A Game Of Rings [crime] - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / A Game Of Rings [crime] (1195 Views)

A Game Of Love And Obsession / Top 5 Nairaland Crime Stories / SHADOWS: A published legal & crime NOVEL by a NAIRALANDER (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Game Of Rings [crime] by Cdstars(m): 4:05pm On Nov 26, 2015
Jane Obi wasn't in a very good mood while she waited for Trinity to join her. She had woken up early and made a 45 minute drive to London's Avenue to meet the most popular detective of all time. It wasn't long before Trinity joined her. Trinity was a private detective and has aided the police to solve some thrilling crimes of the century. He is quite renowned for his knowledge of African Folklores and his ability to draw parallels with crimes and folklores. The old servant, Ugo had already told Trinity of the visitor.
"a lady is here to see you?" Replied Ugo.
"I know. I spotted her from my window. She is quite an influential woman." Replied Trinity quite casually.
"I think you are quite wrong, her car is quite outdated. A Mercedes Benz 230." Replied the old Ugo convincingly.
"my dear Ugo, I am quite sure that you do not know that the gown that lady is putting on would cost me my annual salary to get it for my fiancee as a Christmas present. I think that it's called a pearl-studded gown." I told her
"you can't be serious!" Exclaimed Ugo with your jaws literally dropping on the floor.
"Rich women often have this characteristic smooth skins because of the expensive cream they wear. And the woman in the sitting room is Jane Obi, the CEO of flexy- markers of the most renowned biscuits, cakes and chocolate drinks of the decade." Replied Trinity as he made his way to the sitting room leaving Ugo in awe as she wondered how her boss seemed to know everything.
Re: A Game Of Rings [crime] by Cdstars(m): 12:02am On Nov 27, 2015
He walked into the sitting room to know what brought Jane to his house.
" good morning, Mrs Obi" greeted Trinity as he sat down gently.
"good morning. But I didn't tell your house keeper my name or have we met before?" muttered Mrs Jane taking a good look at Trinity.
"l've seen you once. In a newspaper, I think you were interviewed and that was about five years ago." Answered Trinity.
"yes, that should be Daily Life. But my Gracious, you have such a memory, Those grey stuffs in the brain must be exceedingly bountiful in your brain." Remarked Mrs Jane Obi
"flattery, I won't give in to that. I have a knack for remembering faces, I rarely forget faces. So what brought you here, you must have abandoned an important event to meet me here." Replied Trinity.
" Indeed I had to forgo my visit to my friend's 25 years marriage anniversary service this morning. But how do you know that I had to forgo an important event to meet you? You seem to know everything."
" It's not rocket science. You are dressed in this pearl-studded gown which is worn during special events where other rich ladies would be present. Just as you do not wear a pyjamas to church, you don't wear this expensive gown to see a detective. You needed to see me urgently and thus you didn't want to change your expensive gown. I have seen a student rush to the exam halls 30 minutes into exams wearing a night gown especially when they're ignorant about a change in time table only to have their ringing phones wake them up with class reps informing them the exam will start in 3 minutes time. In summary, desperate times call for desperate measures."
"you are right." Mrs Obi replied.
"Moreover, your car do not match your gown. Expensive gowns go with expensive cars. You came with a modest car to avoid attention, if you still considered going to the anniversary, then you might have shown up with a better car. I think the reason you came to me must be related with your forgoing of your friend's anniversary" replied Trinity.
" yes. You are right."
"I think a glass of water or juice will do you some good to calm yourself as you tell me the problem. Ugo! Please get me two glasses and a cold something from the refrigerator."
Re: A Game Of Rings [crime] by Cdstars(m): 12:05am On Nov 27, 2015
Is it that Trinity's detective methods sucks or what? No one is encouraging me na...
Re: A Game Of Rings [crime] by Osaze20091: 6:58am On Nov 27, 2015
Waw ,if i can be so observed like dat meh....Bro mayb u ave a lot of ghost reader but thumb up i gat ya back
Re: A Game Of Rings [crime] by Cdstars(m): 3:50pm On Nov 30, 2015
"My dear Trinity, I was married to Sam about 22 years ago. Unfortunately, Sam died 3 years after I married him. He died in a ghastly motor accident. I was pregnant for him before he passed on. I gave birth to a son, Tony. I worked hard as a single parent to provide for him and gave him all my love. I ventured into biscuit production and luck fell on me and my business boomed. That was how I got my wealth. I started producing cookies and beverage drinks as a result of my expanding business. 8 years ago, I met Kennedy Obi, I fell for him and I got married to him. Then things went on fine but Tony never liked Kennedy for some reasons not known to me. Then Tony changed around that same time. He was always in the company of a boy, I think he was called Cross. He started staying out late, he started stealing my money and started dreaming of being the next Nigerian Hip-hop sensation and was considering dropping out of school. I did what I could as a mother, I talked to him, I cautioned him, I spanked him but all I did fell on deaf ears. My heart was broken and I made up my mind that he won't inherit my business if he continued leading such a reckless life. Then few weeks ago, he got his senses back. He apologized and promised to changed into a new leaf. Then this morning, as I was preparing for my friend's wedding anniversary, I observed that my sapphire ring was missing, a search was conducted and it was found in Tony's room" narrated Jane
Re: A Game Of Rings [crime] by ashatoda: 7:22am On Dec 01, 2015
keep it coming bro. I love the way the story is opening but especially how Trinity got Jane it is seriously an eye opener to me
Re: A Game Of Rings [crime] by Cdstars(m): 4:43pm On Dec 03, 2015
Osaze20091:
Waw ,if i can be so observed like dat meh....Bro mayb u ave a lot of ghost reader but thumb up i gat ya back

Tnx
Re: A Game Of Rings [crime] by Cdstars(m): 4:45pm On Dec 03, 2015
ashatoda:
keep it coming bro. I love the way the story is opening but especially how Trinity got Jane it is seriously an eye opener to me

Okay.... More to come
Re: A Game Of Rings [crime] by Cdstars(m): 8:57pm On Dec 04, 2015
" So what do you want me to do?" Asked Trinity.
" Tony keeps insisting that he didn't take the ring, he can't explain how the ring got into his room, and my instincts keeps telling me that he didn't steal it. I would like you to clear up this case because if Tony is guilty, he must certainly pay for it." Jane replied as she wiped off a spec of tears that was clouding her right eye.
" Has there been any occurrence of an event similar to that which you just narrated?" Asked Trinity.
"no. Although, there was a time which he stole my money but he had a genuine reason for that" answered Jane.
"Genuine reason? Please throw more light on that"
"Well, there was a time this wannabe hip-hop sensation artiste of a thing got into his head, I stopped giving him his monthly pocket-money for about three months as I didn't want him become useless in life and that was to stop him from composing those meaningless songs of his, that was the only time he stole from me but just once. He admitted that he took my money and promised to replace it which he did." Answered Jane
"I think I have to come over to your house to make a few inquiries. I won't assure you that this case would be solved but I will do my best to clear it up."

Re: A Game Of Rings [crime] by Cdstars(m): 10:02pm On Dec 04, 2015
Mrs. Jane had dropped her address before leaving. Trinity promised to come over at noon for inquiries. Ugo had made tea for breakfast which Trinity ate gently. He called out Ugo to clear the table.
"What do you make of Jane's son?" Asked Trinity calmly.
"I don't understand what you mean by that?" Replied Ugo pretending to form a puzzling look on her face.
" Just don't lie because you don't make a good liar. You eavesdropped into my conversation with Jane." Replied Trinity.
" how he seems to know everything thing" muttered Ugo
" You always go into your room each time I have a visitor but there's something different about this Jane. The perfect place to eavesdrop was the kitchen. That was where you were all this while during the conversation pretending to be busy." Explained Trinity.
" I am sorry. I didn't mean to eavesdrop, I was busy washing the plates. I know that it's quite unprofessional but I couldn't help it as Mrs Jane's voice was relatively higher than normal so I heard a little of what she said." Confessed Ugo.
"what do you think of Tony?" Asked Trinity not bothering to care about Ugo's apology.
"He's a spoilt brat quite alright and I honestly do believe that he stole that ring. If I were Mrs. Jane, I would call the police to torture the truth out of him." Answered Ugo
" Don't be too fast to draw conclusions. The police system nowadays only apply an 'all brawn but no brain' systems. What if someone is trying to manipulate the little Tony, that's where brain gets into play. Perhaps, the little boy is misunderstood, he wants to be a musician, a hip-hop artiste but his big mum is standing on his way."
" That's the right thing to do. Every mother wants the best for her child. This young boys do not know what they want in life. Always trying to follow the trend, always trying to copy what they see and they end up living a life of regret. That's where parental guidance comes into play." Replied Ugo.
" Parental guidance indeed. What every kid needs is parental encouragement to help there children get to realize there dreams. Parental guidance is good but too much of everything is bad, everything to moderation." Answered Trinity.
Just then, Trinity's phone rang. He picked it.
"hello, yes this is Trinity, how may I help you?....... Your pink diamond ring missing....... Strange, I will be with you shortly."

Re: A Game Of Rings [crime] by Cdstars(m): 6:09pm On Dec 16, 2015
Trinity left after receiving the call. He wondered what it was with missing rings this morning. He just got a call from another client complaining of her missing ring. The client in question was an old family friend, his mother's friend to be precise. It occurred to him that her house wasn't too far away from Jane Obi's house. This made him wonder if there was some connections between the two crimes. He thought of a burglar or it might be coincidental. Whichever way the rings must have gone missing, he was determined to see out this game of rings.
Re: A Game Of Rings [crime] by Cdstars(m): 6:56pm On Dec 16, 2015
" How did it happen?" Asked Trinity.
He was seated comfortably in Faith Oji's sitting room. Faith Oji was the lady whose pink diamond ring was missing, Trinity's old family friend.
" Well, I am not a very good narrator but I will do my best. I woke up this morning and discovered that my pink diamond ring was missing. I only went to my ring case this morning because I wanted to give it out as a birthday present to my little niece Anna who will celebrate her birthday tomorrow. " replied Faith.
" Did you raise an alarm when you noticed it was missing?" Asked Trinity
"I didn't. I phoned you immediately to inform you. I am a very careful woman, this ring isn't missing, I'm sure that it was stolen. And whoever it was must be a member of my household. If I'd raised an alarm, I will keep the thief on guard. I called you to help me find the ring."
"Aunty Faith, this is quite strange. For how long do you think it must have been missing?"
"Not more than three days. I wore it to a dinner banquet three days ago." Answered Faith
Just then, the clock chimed noon.
"So sorry, Aunty Faith, I have another appointment to catch up with at noon and I am late already. I will be back before evening to ask some questions, probably to the twins and the maid"
Re: A Game Of Rings [crime] by Cdstars(m): 7:21pm On Dec 16, 2015
Trinity wondered about Faith's missing ring as he drove towards Jane's apartment. Her household were just the twins- Bill and Jill, and the maid. He couldn't remember her name. Who could have gone to her room to steal an expensive ring. Faith isn't a carefree lady, she is the personification of meticulousness.
Come to think of it, Bill had always dreamed of being a hip hop star and so does Tony. What are the parallels between this two young boys? Could they be friends? Or what about Jill? Jill had always been the extravagant little girl? Could she be out of cash or something similar? This game of rings is getting quite complicated for Trinity.
Re: A Game Of Rings [crime] by Cdstars(m): 11:43pm On May 26, 2016
"Good afternoon, Mrs. Obi." Greeted Trinity still taking a good look at Mrs Jane Obi's sitting room.
"Welcome. I am glad you came by. What do I offer you." Asked Mrs. Obi.
"Nothing. Just clues. You have such a big house. How do you manage to keep it clean. Do you have maids?" Asked Trinity smiling.
"2 maids. Sarah and Lizzy."
"And both have access to the rooms, I mean every room in this house."
"Sarah is an old lady and she only cleans the sitting room while Lizzy is younger and earns more than Sarah. Lizzy cleans the bedrooms, bathrooms and does the laundry. She also cooks the food. Hence, only Lizzy has access to the rooms" Answered Jane, "But ironically, yesterday, Lizzy took ill. Hence the cleaning of the room was done by Sarah."
"Lizzy took ill?"
"yes. I told her to call the family doctor but his line wasn't going through. She went to the pharmacy shop and got some pills against my wish. She got better later on in the evening" narrated Mrs. Obi.
"I will like to speak to them and to your son. And then your husband might be of help in the most important way."

(1) (Reply)

Very Heart Touching Story: Learning Appreciation (must Read ) / Who Here Is Addicted To Vc Andrews / No One's Gonna Tell Me How To Write, I'm Gonna Write The Way I Wanna Write

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.