Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,236 members, 7,780,449 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 02:40 PM

We Need N8.7billion To Effectively Fight Boko Haram - IGP - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Need N8.7billion To Effectively Fight Boko Haram - IGP (741 Views)

Nigeria Custom Generates N95.7Billion In August / Abiodun Agbele Arrested By EFCC Over N4.7billion Arms Fraud / Why We Are Buying N4.7billion Worth Of Cars- Nigeria Senate. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Need N8.7billion To Effectively Fight Boko Haram - IGP by 1MCN: 5:25pm On Nov 26, 2015
We need N8.7billion to effectively fight Boko Haram - IGP

Inspector General of Police, Solomon Arase says the Nigerian Police Force will require N8.7billion to effectively fight Boko Haram. Arase said this while speaking at an interactive session with members of the House of Representatives Committee on Police Affairs today November 26th.

He told the house members that there was a N57bn outstanding due to the Nigerian police that was appropriated but has not been released till date.
Re: We Need N8.7billion To Effectively Fight Boko Haram - IGP by 1MCN: 5:26pm On Nov 26, 2015
Re: We Need N8.7billion To Effectively Fight Boko Haram - IGP by Nobody: 5:26pm On Nov 26, 2015
Police should go and steal somewhere let the army fight. Police are thieves, crooks and criminals.

1 Like

Re: We Need N8.7billion To Effectively Fight Boko Haram - IGP by OZAOEKPE(f): 5:27pm On Nov 26, 2015
Re: We Need N8.7billion To Effectively Fight Boko Haram - IGP by bigtt76(f): 5:30pm On Nov 26, 2015
Imagine o! Na dem de fight Boko Haram since? Na dem even start de problem sef shocked
Re: We Need N8.7billion To Effectively Fight Boko Haram - IGP by palladin: 5:33pm On Nov 26, 2015
I don't know if the IGP is qualified to make that statement.
Re: We Need N8.7billion To Effectively Fight Boko Haram - IGP by teeboila(m): 5:34pm On Nov 26, 2015
What of the 100naira your boys dey collect for check points? Abi you no go account for those?
Re: We Need N8.7billion To Effectively Fight Boko Haram - IGP by 1MCN: 6:09pm On Nov 26, 2015
palladin:
I don't know if the IGP is qualified to make that statement.

I think he is qualified to make the statement. May be other debates can be made about the substance of the claim but certainly not on whether or not he's qualified to make the statement.
Re: We Need N8.7billion To Effectively Fight Boko Haram - IGP by 1MCN: 6:11pm On Nov 26, 2015
teeboila:
What of the 100naira your boys dey collect for check points? Abi you no go account for those?

That one goes to miscelleanous expenditure. Lol.
Re: We Need N8.7billion To Effectively Fight Boko Haram - IGP by 1MCN: 6:12pm On Nov 26, 2015
bigtt76:
Imagine o! Na dem de fight Boko Haram since? Na dem even start de problem sef shocked

It's a Joint Task Force operation.
Re: We Need N8.7billion To Effectively Fight Boko Haram - IGP by tafabaloo(m): 6:12pm On Nov 26, 2015
I can't remember Police playing any significant role since the war against the insugents began....abi things don change after I left for my village in osun ni?

Honestly, our police don lost out in this campaign, they better allow the DSS and the military that have been handling it continue.
Re: We Need N8.7billion To Effectively Fight Boko Haram - IGP by Standing5(m): 6:16pm On Nov 26, 2015
C him mout. N8Billion. If Nigerian army no fit with trillions na police wan do am with N8b.
Re: We Need N8.7billion To Effectively Fight Boko Haram - IGP by bigtt76(f): 8:57pm On Nov 26, 2015
The police come be spokesmen when it comes to money matter tongue

1MCN:

It's a Joint Task Force operation.
Re: We Need N8.7billion To Effectively Fight Boko Haram - IGP by 1MCN: 9:22pm On Nov 26, 2015
bigtt76:
The police come be spokesmen when it comes to money matter tongue

I'm not trying to defend the Police here. But I think that each of the security agencies involved has its own budget.

But truth be told, this almost 9 billion Naira bill for the Police alone is both outragous and laughable.

(1) (Reply)

How DSS Officials Maltreated Ex-dg's Wife During Eviction / I Have No Confidence In This Court - Nnamdi Kanu. / Kano Residents To Protest Fuel Scarcity, Commodity Price Hike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.