Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,505 members, 7,781,552 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 04:53 PM

How Can I Publicize My New Android App? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / How Can I Publicize My New Android App? (2438 Views)

Check Out My New Android Math Game / Checkout The New Android App Designed By A Nairalander / My New Complete English Classic Android App (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can I Publicize My New Android App? by tosinhtml: 5:26pm On Nov 26, 2015
Hi everyone, I jumped into learning Android app development few months ago, and I came up with an app on playstore which I first started as a pet project, Its an UN-OFFICIAL app for silverbird cinemas. Which shows movies showing in cinemas around Nigeria and Ghana. I simply choose them because they have more movie centres than others.

Link here: LINK REMOVED

I tried to follow some new Material design guidelines when practicing, also programming section on nairaland was a good inspiration from me as well.

I’ve seen different posts from different app developers here on nairaland, so I need their advice of this.

Am fairly new into Android dev, and this is my first App….so I would like to know how I can publicize the app? so i get people to download and Rate the app.

I’m hoping to get advices from more experienced developers like @nollyj @dhtml18 @lordZOUGA @Appguru @kristom @pcguru1 @thewebcraft @Nobody @Javanian @davidsmith8900 @lalastica @DonaldGenes @liliian and the rest. cheesy

Thanks, waiting for your input….. smiley smiley smiley

I Added three Pictures below...

Re: How Can I Publicize My New Android App? by palladin: 5:36pm On Nov 26, 2015
The app looks cool.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Publicize My New Android App? by tosinhtml: 5:40pm On Nov 26, 2015
palladin:
The app looks cool.

thanks
Re: How Can I Publicize My New Android App? by callmelanner(m): 5:41pm On Nov 26, 2015
Impressive
Re: How Can I Publicize My New Android App? by teampregar(m): 5:58pm On Nov 26, 2015
Try talking to some bloggers.. To pitch your app on their blog.. Her is linda ikeji's email.. lindaikeji@gmail.com..if u can get her to talk about ur app on her blog, it will b a big deal cause a lot of pple view her website everyday..

1 Like

Re: How Can I Publicize My New Android App? by tosinhtml: 6:35pm On Nov 26, 2015
teampregar:
Try talking to some bloggers.. To pitch your app on their blog.. Her is linda ikeji's email.. lindaikeji@gmail.com..if u can get her to talk about ur app on her blog, it will b a big deal cause a lot of pple view her website everyday..

Thanks, but will she do it free?
Re: How Can I Publicize My New Android App? by teampregar(m): 6:47pm On Nov 26, 2015
tosinhtml:

Thanks, but will she do it free?
i dont knw as i have not tried it before but she may do it for free if u explain the app to her..jst sit down and write down all the best features of the app..what the app does..and what it can be used for..if linda she request money.jst google search top 5 blogs in nigeria and ghana each..then get the email address of the blog owners and send them the thing u wrote down..blog pitching is the cheapest way to promote an app..

1 Like

Re: How Can I Publicize My New Android App? by tosinhtml: 8:39pm On Nov 26, 2015
teampregar:

i dont knw as i have not tried it before but she may do it for free if u explain the app to her..jst sit down and write down all the best features of the app..what the app does..and what it can be used for..if linda she request money.jst google search top 5 blogs in nigeria and ghana each..then get the email address of the blog owners and send them the thing u wrote down..blog pitching is the cheapest way to promote an app..

Thanks, I will try that...
Re: How Can I Publicize My New Android App? by teampregar(m): 11:39pm On Nov 26, 2015
I like the icons on your app, did u get a graphic designer to create the icons or you downloaded the pack, pls if u downloaded it send me a link to download it @ oyinkurogarrie@gmail.com..thanks
Re: How Can I Publicize My New Android App? by fattbabakay(m): 5:21am On Nov 27, 2015
tosinhtml:
Hi everyone, I jumped into learning Android app development few months ago, and I came up with an app on playstore which I first started as a pet project, Its an UN-OFFICIAL app for silverbird cinemas. Which shows movies showing in cinemas around Nigeria and Ghana. I simply choose them because they have more movie centres than others.

Link here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.app.cinema.silverbird&hl=en

I tried to follow some new Material design guidelines when practicing, also programming section on nairaland was a good inspiration from me as well.

I’ve seen different posts from different app developers here on nairaland, so I need their advice of this.

Am fairly new into Android dev, and this is my first App….so I would like to know how I can publicize the app? so i get people to download and Rate the app.

I’m hoping to get advices from more experienced developers like @nollyj @dhtml18 @lordZOUGA @Appguru @kristom @pcguru1 @thewebcraft @Nobody @Javanian @davidsmith8900 @lalastica @DonaldGenes @liliian and the rest. cheesy

Pay twitter promoters...what can be more effective?
Re: How Can I Publicize My New Android App? by tosinhtml: 9:11am On Nov 27, 2015
teampregar:
I like the icons on your app, did u get a graphic designer to create the icons or you downloaded the pack, pls if u downloaded it send me a link to download it @ oyinkurogarrie@gmail.com..thanks.

No, i couldn't afford a graphic designer, the good ones I know are really expensive so I just searched online for icons.

You can get your icons from here: http://www.icons4android.com/

here: https://icons8.com/android-icons/

And Here: http://www.androidicons.com/

And here also: http://developer.android.com/design/downloads/index.html

1 Like

Re: How Can I Publicize My New Android App? by trendymart(m): 4:28am On Dec 08, 2015
Ok..good work bro. Linda ikeji is too busy for now and she monitises her time. The least it would cost u is 50k per post/day.
As a digital/social meida marketer i strongly suggest growing a network of fans across social media channels start by creating a blog publish content around your app then broadcast with facebook twitter and grow a community around your product..join many foria/forum or groups online, contribute discussions,follow twitter handles of tech presenters of media houses like @techtrendstv for channels tv and publish your app. Guy holla me @yib336 twitter or 09091746789
Re: How Can I Publicize My New Android App? by trendymart(m): 4:39am On Dec 08, 2015
This requires digital marketing skills .Linda will charge you big time. Atleast 50k per post/day.

Build your own community around your product by teaching others how you made it or offer enticing content or competition on facbook. 1st Create a blog add facebook and twitter handles. Text me 09091746789

1 Like

Re: How Can I Publicize My New Android App? by trendymart(m): 4:59am On Dec 08, 2015
More tips
join entertainment forum and publish your app, craft a story around your app post on your social channels .there re many tips but it takes time n efforts

1 Like

Re: How Can I Publicize My New Android App? by LegitWebsites: 7:20am On Jun 08, 2023
tosinhtml:

Link here: LINK REMOVED

I'm just coming across this.

How's it going with your app?

You can use telemarketers and CPA Marketers to promote your work to a larger audience.
Re: How Can I Publicize My New Android App? by tosinhtml: 8:02am On Jun 08, 2023
LegitWebsites:

I'm just coming across this.

How's it going with your app?

You can use telemarketers and CPA Marketers to promote your work to a larger audience.

This was in 2015 bro when I started learning Mobile Development, I removed this specific App from the Store & focused on other types of apps.
Re: How Can I Publicize My New Android App? by LegitWebsites: 6:44am On Jun 10, 2023
tosinhtml:

This was in 2015 bro when I started learning Mobile Development, I removed this specific App from the Store & focused on other types of apps.

Okay King.

Do you know any method of sending money out of Nigeria ?
Re: How Can I Publicize My New Android App? by tosinhtml: 5:48am On Jun 14, 2023
LegitWebsites:

Okay King.

Do you know any method of sending money out of Nigeria ?

You have to use dollar transfers.

Send money from your personal dorm account to the recipients dorm account.
Re: How Can I Publicize My New Android App? by qtguru(m): 6:43am On Jun 14, 2023
I was confused till i saw the year cuz i know say tosinhtml na OG for Android

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Can I Publicize My New Android App? by tosinhtml: 9:34am On Jun 14, 2023
qtguru:
I was confused till i saw the year cuz i know say tosinhtml na OG for Android

Lol, back then I was learning Android on Eclipse IDE. Eclipse suffered me like mad, many nights of tears chaii.

IntelliJ IDE was bare scratching the surface back then, so not that useful.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Publicize My New Android App? by Frank688915: 5:57pm On Jun 14, 2023
tosinhtml:

Lol, back then I was learning Android on Eclipse IDE. Eclipse suffered me like mad, many nights of tears chaii.

IntelliJ IDE was bare scratching the surface back then, so not that useful.
Weldon boss, hard work pays
Re: How Can I Publicize My New Android App? by LegitWebsites: 7:36am On Jun 16, 2023
tosinhtml:

You have to use dollar transfers.

Send money from your personal dorm account to the recipients dorm account.

Do you have any method of buying dollars at cheaper rate other than the expensive black market rate?

(1) (Reply)

Database Administrator: Which Languages To Learn? / Who Wants To Learn Ethical Hacking / Javascript Courses: Mosh Hamedani Or Brad Traversy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.