Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,896 members, 7,802,880 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:19 AM

Education Beyond Certificate - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Education Beyond Certificate (14766 Views)

"Education Beyond Certificate" - A Book By Mr Genius / Education Beyond Certificate / Education Beyond Certificate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Education Beyond Certificate by menzo4u: 3:01am On Nov 27, 2015
EDUCATION BEYOND CERTIFICATE::::

It is hightime we gave another definition to the term "education". To some people, education borders on going to school, acquiring degrees and working for a company to earn a salary at the end of the month.

My dear readers, education goes beyond acquiring certificate, "we must redefine education"....

Education teaches you about how to make rules, break rules, and challenge an ongoing trend, school teaches you about how to follow rules, live by the rules, and live an ongoing trend unchallenged, thereby limiting that power of creativity in you.

Have you witnessed a scenerio whereby you asked a Maths lecturer about how he arrived at a certain formula, and he tells you "that is how it is done"?, and mind you, if you do anything contrary...you FAIL his exam, therefore you must follow the rules.

A truly educated man is he who has developed the faculties of his mind to follow his passion, find solutions where there are problems without following the rules, but creates his own ways through his deep imagination to achieve his dreams.

Checkout most of the world's richest people today, they are mostly school dropouts. Do you think they are not educated because they are school dropouts? Far from it! They are really educated in their own ways, they simply decided to build their own dreams rather than allow themselves to be hired by other people to builld theirs.

So many people spend their precious years in school only to end up acquiring cerificate NOT education.

Examples of these people include:

1) * People who don't practise what they learn in school before graduation.

As a student of Computer Science, how many codes have you written that worked? Have you been able to (in reality) write a program that solves the problem of an organisation?

As a student of Business Administration, how many businesses have you started? How many times have you exprienced failiure in business, and rise again?

So, are you putting what you are learning in school into practice?

The school will not give or teach you these orientation but education will.

2)*People who have no SKILLS...successful people don't depend on the government of their country to provide jobs for them. A truly educated person has skills, an uneducated fellow can only boast of his certificate without any skills to back it up.

True education lies in the abilty to solve problems with the skills you possess.....what are you waiting for? STAND UP NOW, do not procrastinate, learn a skill you are passionate about.

What am I advocating?
This writeup is not in anyway articulated to undermine the importance of schooling...Going to school is very important but our mindset about school is what we are advised to change.

TRUE EDUCATION PREPARES YOU TO SURVIVE WITHOUT YOUR CERTIFICATE.

As written by Genius (menzo4u)
#iWRITE2INSPIRE

Dedicated to all Nigerian students

Lalasticlala let's inspire Nigerian students together

76 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Education Beyond Certificate by Joejonah(m): 8:18am On Nov 27, 2015
Education teaches you about how to make rules, break rules, and challenge an ongoing trend, school teaches you about how to follow rules, live by the rules, and live an ongoing trend unchallenged, thereby limiting that power of creativity in you.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Education Beyond Certificate by Nobody: 8:19am On Nov 27, 2015
Nice one.

I am still waiting for what CSC 200 and 300 has impacted in my life right now.

9 Likes

Re: Education Beyond Certificate by ekoson95(m): 8:19am On Nov 27, 2015
Schooling will get you where you want to go, but education and skills will sustain you when you get there.

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Education Beyond Certificate by Sijo01(f): 8:19am On Nov 27, 2015
Hmmmmm, Nigerians place too much emphasis on certificates

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Education Beyond Certificate by ignis: 8:20am On Nov 27, 2015
Directionless Article.

3 Likes

Re: Education Beyond Certificate by kennyman2000(m): 8:20am On Nov 27, 2015
Hmmmmm...
Re: Education Beyond Certificate by ibkgab001: 8:20am On Nov 27, 2015
Kentro
Re: Education Beyond Certificate by Realhommie(m): 8:21am On Nov 27, 2015
On point..
Re: Education Beyond Certificate by Dekingmoses(m): 8:21am On Nov 27, 2015
Shoro niyen
Re: Education Beyond Certificate by missKiffy(f): 8:22am On Nov 27, 2015
Our society is not really interested in the knowledge you acquired through education, they are mostly interested in the certificate

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Education Beyond Certificate by jamalsky: 8:22am On Nov 27, 2015
Yes

1 Like

Re: Education Beyond Certificate by Nobody: 8:22am On Nov 27, 2015
Can I use my education to disagree with u?
Re: Education Beyond Certificate by Nobody: 8:22am On Nov 27, 2015
Toh. More turanshi
My baby gimme bisicuit, i want some sugar...melo melo. Feel like wanking this morning...

1 Like

Re: Education Beyond Certificate by sule17(m): 8:23am On Nov 27, 2015
That one na buhari fault again?

1 Like

Re: Education Beyond Certificate by DanielJones: 8:23am On Nov 27, 2015
Inspiring. Good thinking bro!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Education Beyond Certificate by ayinde2ade(m): 8:23am On Nov 27, 2015
embarassed End time mind blowing post

3 Likes

Re: Education Beyond Certificate by djWALE(m): 8:23am On Nov 27, 2015
Abeg wetin I dey read for??..nor be to earn money??..lubbish
Re: Education Beyond Certificate by Nobody: 8:23am On Nov 27, 2015
sule17:
That one na buhari fault again?
Yes

1 Like

Re: Education Beyond Certificate by adjoviomole(m): 8:25am On Nov 27, 2015
Education mostly will train you to be a job seeker.

Build ur own dreams and stop helping others build der already built dream wen u av nt even layed d foundation of urs.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Education Beyond Certificate by engrjosefz(m): 8:25am On Nov 27, 2015
KK
Re: Education Beyond Certificate by Nobody: 8:26am On Nov 27, 2015
Nigeria with negative OT.
Re: Education Beyond Certificate by Nobody: 8:26am On Nov 27, 2015
I think the importance of good education can not be over emphasized.

First, get quality education then good exposure via internship and mentorship.

Second, associate with people who are heading in your direction. Build teams and break records.

It's never as simple as it appears on paper, neither is it as easy as motivational speakers put it, but keep striving

2 Likes

Re: Education Beyond Certificate by yomalex(m): 8:27am On Nov 27, 2015
hmmmm
Re: Education Beyond Certificate by Pavore9: 8:28am On Nov 27, 2015
Good write up.
Re: Education Beyond Certificate by free2ryhme: 8:28am On Nov 27, 2015
Sijo01:
Hmmmmm, Nigerians place too much emphasis on certificates

if you don't have it you won't be taken serious trust me

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Education Beyond Certificate by Goldenboy842(m): 8:28am On Nov 27, 2015
The society make us believe that, it's those who succeed in school succeed in life.

You can only get rich when you do what you not thought in school.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Education Beyond Certificate by free2ryhme: 8:29am On Nov 27, 2015
In western world if you don't have degrees and certificates you wont be taken serious

define it all you want the truth is that is the system and how it sustain itself
Re: Education Beyond Certificate by Sijo01(f): 8:29am On Nov 27, 2015
free2ryhme:

if you don't have it you won't be taken serious trust me
That's the plain truth.

1 Like

Re: Education Beyond Certificate by Opetech(m): 8:30am On Nov 27, 2015
Nice!
Re: Education Beyond Certificate by free2ryhme: 8:30am On Nov 27, 2015
don't let anyone deceive you with sweet talk and motivational speech

get the degrees work on advancing beyond your current level. out there is heavy competition

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

UNIZIK Wins Geo-sciences Competition Among African Universities / Fire Outbreak At University Of Uyo Law Faculty Today (pics) / The Earth Surface Is Flat!!! 200 Proofs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.