Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,806 members, 7,802,579 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:39 PM

SEUN - Re: Yoruba-commonwealth-politics - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / SEUN - Re: Yoruba-commonwealth-politics (1757 Views)

OPC - Faseun & Adams Unite For Security Of Yoruba Commonwealth / Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics / Seun Re Arrange All This Adverts Jare .. They Are Disturbing My Flo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

SEUN - Re: Yoruba-commonwealth-politics by MayorofLagos(m): 4:19am On Nov 27, 2015
This is directed to Seun.

You exercised a discretion to move the above titled thread away from Politics and into Culture. Im sure you know that it is a container for diverse subjects but in case you are not familiar I'm taking the liberty to share with you.

Arts, history, culture, individual achievements, sports, celebrities, music, fashion, collective achievements, state policies, reports on national indices of goals and achievements, academic excellence, Yoruba Monarchy and the dynasties, Yoruba Empires, Yoruba Commonwealth, Yoruba Diaspora.....and so on. There is not a single section in your forum that will serve as the perfect home for this thread. So why are we particular about homing it in Politics Section, as opposed to anywhere else?

As conscious citizens and responsible members on this forum we took the step, led by AareOnaKakanfo, to reverse the trend of negative and caustic competition and turned into an educative and informative coshare amongst citizens and lovers of Yoruba Commonwealth and Diaspora.

Some of the gains are unimagined in terms of the positive response and knowledge...not to mention the decrease in conflicts and bad taste topics which Nairaland was awashed with just days before this thread was created.

Which of these attributes and positive outcomes do you not like?

I beg you to relocate this thread back to Politics Section.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: SEUN - Re: Yoruba-commonwealth-politics by Nobody: 4:20am On Nov 27, 2015
Mucheeew

1 Like

Re: SEUN - Re: Yoruba-commonwealth-politics by Nobody: 4:26am On Nov 27, 2015
VERY NICE THREAD.I LIKED IT EVEN THOUGH I DON'T POST.THE BEST THREAD ON NAIRALAND

1 Like

Re: SEUN - Re: Yoruba-commonwealth-politics by Warlord3000(m): 4:34am On Nov 27, 2015
It was a civil thread and it had a home here and quite interesting..

Hope the admins will listen and fix the anomaly wink
Re: SEUN - Re: Yoruba-commonwealth-politics by veraponpo(m): 5:30am On Nov 27, 2015
As much as Seun as the founder has its prerogative to decide on some issues, he still has to consider other factors, therefore, just as Mayoroflagos has stated. Pls respect us on this forum especially, this particular thread that seems to be moving at a geometric progression . There is no point trying to spite your members unnecessarily because you just want to make a statement with some decisions.

For your information I spent the last 30 minutes looking to the thread because I am now addicted to it either to read the updates in Yoruba land, about Yoruba people in the diaspora or I want to make my contribution to issues.

It will be quite unfair and show a sense of lack of respect for a particularly race if you just throw this out without a major reason .

I am sure majority will still be trying, just like me, to locate this thread. This is quite unfair.

@Seun, please do the needful.
Re: SEUN - Re: Yoruba-commonwealth-politics by opiaoku: 5:55am On Nov 27, 2015
I liked that thread sha it cured many people like Aareonakakanfo bigotry
Re: SEUN - Re: Yoruba-commonwealth-politics by Nobody: 6:13am On Nov 27, 2015
I do view the thread, though occasionally but it's far better being at Politics Section than any other Section(s).
This is a good petition to the Owner, and I think he should listen to us and do the needful in time!

1 Like

Re: SEUN - Re: Yoruba-commonwealth-politics by Rolings: 6:16am On Nov 27, 2015
Op we should understand with Seun on this issues. Some people will try to intimidate Seun and accuse him of ethnic bigotry because of that thread. I will suggest aareonakakanfo, mayoroflagos and others to put head together and come up with another name for the thread that will be acceptable in the politics section or alternatively break the thread down into sections like Yoruba commonwealth politics, economy, culture, etc and post in their respective sections. Oga Seun too should Please acknowledge the role of this thread in calming the ethnic tension that engulfed nairaland in the days before that thread was opened, its actually one of the best things that has ever happened on nairaland.

1 Like

Re: SEUN - Re: Yoruba-commonwealth-politics by tpiadotcom: 6:36am On Nov 27, 2015
opiaoku:
I liked that thread sha it cured many people like Aareonakakanfo bigotry

not really.

He just didn't have time to post outside the thread while it was in politics section.

As it was, he was kept very busy raining invectives on his enemies while there, in between the other stuff.

**But I'm okay in see-through skin
I forgive what is within
Because I'm in this house
I'm in this home
All my time**

woooo, cover your crystal eyes. . . . . . . . . .
Re: SEUN - Re: Yoruba-commonwealth-politics by modath2: 6:44am On Nov 27, 2015
Seun Osewa , there is a particular thing inside of you that feeds of being begged repeatedly over a non issue..

I can't say if it is insecurity or high handedness, but whatever name it goes by, I am dropping pride & self esteem to beg you "in the name of everything good & shiny" that you hold dear; PLEASE MOVE THIS THREAD BACK TO WHERE IT BELONGS!!

You have Ibo Mods who issue sp*m bots ban like guguru & epa & we take it in our strides...

The Ibos have numerous threads populating the board & eno one bothers them, the ONLY one YOUR people have you are playing POLITICS with...

I refuse to buy the idea that your bottomline is being hurt by the reduction in ethnic/tribal E wars, which is what prompted this action of yours..

YOU CAN'T BE THAT PEDESTRIAN!! smiley

In as much as we can't force you to have yoruba solidarity in you, the least you can do is to ensure a level playing field.....

Mark Zuckerberg may not carry jewish bias on his head like dada but I'm sure you & i know ANTI SEMITISM has no face in his creation , like you allow your mods to do here....
Thank you!!! smiley

2 Likes

Re: SEUN - Re: Yoruba-commonwealth-politics by tpiadotcom: 6:49am On Nov 27, 2015
modath2:

Seun Osewa , there is a particular thing inside of you that feeds of being begged repeatedly over a non issue..

he cant help it if you want to beg him repeatedly over an issue. Personally, I don't since it's just a forum, once I mention something one or two times (not more than three to five), if I see stubbornness I let it go rather than allowing it to spoil my day . But that's just me.

You have Ibo Mods who issue sp*m bots ban like guguru & epa & we take it in our strides...

no one on this thread has experienced the spambot and outright banning more than me.

the ONLY one YOUR people have

what do you mean by this ma?
Re: SEUN - Re: Yoruba-commonwealth-politics by Nobody: 6:56am On Nov 27, 2015
Sophisticated thread by sophisticated people got moved to superstition section grin grin grin

Yoruba commonwealth is mere superstition and a pipe dream.

If I was seun I would have sent it to the literature and fiction section grin
Re: SEUN - Re: Yoruba-commonwealth-politics by ruggedboy01: 7:11am On Nov 27, 2015
WombRaiders:
Sophisticated thread by sophisticated people got moved to superstition section grin grin grin

Yoruba commonwealth is mere superstition and a pipe dream.

If I was seun I would have sent it to the literature and fiction section grin
lolz grin grin grin cheesy

we need sophisticated section in this forum cheesy grin grin cheesy grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: SEUN - Re: Yoruba-commonwealth-politics by Seun(m): 8:22am On Nov 27, 2015
Rule 1 of Nairaland says, "please post all threads in the right section, and don't derail threads by posting off-topic." So the only factor that matters is what the right section for the thread is.

Abusing me is not really relevant to the decision at all, it's just a very fast way to get banned. I am a simple person who only cares about doing what makes sense. You can only influence me by making good points that make sense. Bullying doesn't work.

Certainly it is attractive to imagine that the thread has cured people of tribalism and I would like to investigate that claim because finding a cure for tribalism will really help this continent as well as the middle east, but the bottomline at the end of the day is putting the thread where it belongs.

The culture section is where we put Yoruba threads, Igbo threads, Hausa threads, Fulani threads, Ijaw threads, Ibibio threads, etc. I know this because I created the section and I know what I created it for. However I will entertain rational arguments sent through the right channel (mail supermods link on the home page)

I understand that the main issue is that people think that moving the thread to the right section will make it less popular, but I can solve that problem in other creative ways such as by posting the thread on the home page. I can also reverse my decision if I find a rational reason to do so, but the attempts at bullying won't be the reason. That violates rule 2 and rule 20.

2 Likes 2 Shares

(1)

Ikpeazu Revives Aba Glass Industry.... Pictures / Militants Group Sets Date For Bombing Of Bonga Oil Field And Bridges. / Ultimate Showdown! Atiku Abubakar Vs Bola Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.