Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,896 members, 7,802,882 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:28 AM

Phillip Hughes: A Year On From His Death. - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Phillip Hughes: A Year On From His Death. (551 Views)

Caio Junior: "If I Died Today, I Had Die Happy", His Last Post Before His Death / Man Buried With An Arsenal Flag Just Like He Had Asked Before His Death (photos) / Last Tweet Of Stephen Keshi Before His Death (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Phillip Hughes: A Year On From His Death. by peterd53(m): 6:37am On Nov 27, 2015
Phillip Hughes hoped that South Australia’s first-class match with New South Wales on 25 November last year would help him earn a recall to the Australian Test side. “He was making a statement,” David Warner recounts in the batsman’s official biography. “He was going to go big. He was sick the night before, he was sick that morning, but he had to play because there was a Test around the corner.” Though not at his fluent best as the New South Wales attack tested him with the short ball, Hughes passed 50 and had designs on recording his 27th first-class hundred in the week of his 26th birthday. On 63, he received a bouncer, which he shaped to hook, but Hughes was too early on the ball and it struck him on the back of the neck. Hughes staggered for a few seconds and then collapsed. He would never regain consciousness and, two days later, was pronounced dead.
R.I.P

1 Share

Re: Phillip Hughes: A Year On From His Death. by sen8or(m): 8:12am On Nov 27, 2015
R.I.P

(1) (Reply)

Photos:african U-23 Dream Team Champions Return To Nigeria / OMG!!! Referee Dies In Ibadan During Fitness Test [SEE PHOTOS] / Arsenal Fan Marries In Complete Gunners Kit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.