Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,249 members, 7,807,849 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:39 PM

Are Real Vehicle Modifications Being Done In 9ja? - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Are Real Vehicle Modifications Being Done In 9ja? (10013 Views)

Modifications That Can Make Headlamps Brighter / Modifications On Toyota Corolla 2010 / Burning Vehicle Along Lagos-ibadan Express Causes Traffic (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are Real Vehicle Modifications Being Done In 9ja? by DrLorenz1(m): 4:52pm On May 27, 2009
A thread about car pimping, and then people discussing pimpings, modifications et al, Yeah you are right, it is soooooooo not on topic. Huh Undecided Only that your contribution so far is not exactly any addition to the topic at hand. Gosh! The irony.

Exactly! A forum is more than a question and answer session. Like i always say, to every question, there's more than a million answers and to every statement, there's more than a million possibilities and replies grin
Re: Are Real Vehicle Modifications Being Done In 9ja? by DKNYtruth(m): 8:49pm On May 27, 2009
that's all we know as nigerians! cars are not luxury but necessities!
Re: Are Real Vehicle Modifications Being Done In 9ja? by nj11(f): 4:41am On May 28, 2009
@ Poster,

What are you using the car for ?
Start a night club in it.
Re: Are Real Vehicle Modifications Being Done In 9ja? by mufasa(m): 7:48am On May 28, 2009
Different strokes for different folks. I think you really have to stick with what does it for you. If Having 24inch Spinners on your Suzuki swift is it then Bingo. Same thinking that applies to Ladies getting extra piercings for ear rings and nose rings is the one that guides tricking out a car.
At the moment i drive a 190 (the regular one not even padded), It looks to boring despite its an '86 car. So i just spent about 70 grand rigging it with an ok sound system (LG LAC5800 Headunit, JBL subwoofers, Street Beats 300 watts Amplifier and even a Auto Antenna to go with it). Installed this myself leisurely.
Next stop is some facial lift, (Rims, Headlamps, Body kits)

There is something about working on cars that soes it for modifiers, it is the simple fact of finding the answer to the question "Can it be done?".
Re: Are Real Vehicle Modifications Being Done In 9ja? by tysante(m): 4:22am On May 29, 2009
@ poster

shocked shocked shocked Y do u need so much speakers in a car, it's too much, for what, can't u see ur self.
If u really love the sound of music at that level in ur car u won't get it in this country,
but if u are determined, u can buy 1 or 2 of the latest sony music system and put it in ur booth
and i bet it with u, u would even enjoy it better than that crap in dat car. grin grin grin
Re: Are Real Vehicle Modifications Being Done In 9ja? by tEsLim(m): 7:22am On May 29, 2009
those are not modification, thats speakercification.
Re: Are Real Vehicle Modifications Being Done In 9ja? by mufasa(m): 6:53pm On May 29, 2009
Different strokes
Re: Are Real Vehicle Modifications Being Done In 9ja? by mccloud224(m): 7:22pm On May 29, 2009
I definitely don't intend to overdo things on my car like its done in those vehicles.Just wanted to know if it's being done in 9ja.
Re: Are Real Vehicle Modifications Being Done In 9ja? by chassis(m): 9:23am On May 30, 2009
So far, i dont know anywhere in 9ja you can do serious modifications like the ones in your pictures. But I am convinced there are a lot of enthusiasts around that are interested in such. I am crazy about mods, and i've attempted a number of mods on my cars in the past in 9ja, but basically the things you can do here are limited. Things like custom lights, HIDs, chrome fittings and trimmings, wheels, and a bit of audio equipment are availabe here. Things like grillz, body kits, custom springs and shocks (for height drops), door kits, dash kits, i av not set my eyes upon here talkless of performance kits like cold air intakes or mod chips. Mods are actually more interesting if you are doing it by yourself, not taking it to some car shop to have mod parts fixed for you. It will be nice to meet other enthusiasts, we can exchange ideas.
Re: Are Real Vehicle Modifications Being Done In 9ja? by AjaraEwuro: 2:27am On May 31, 2009
because you havent seen it doesnt at all mean it doesnt exisit - things like these have been done in Nigeria for how long? Remember the Santana of years ago?
Re: Are Real Vehicle Modifications Being Done In 9ja? by mufasa(m): 12:11pm On May 31, 2009
AjaraEwuro:

because you havent seen it doesnt at all mean it doesnt exisit - things like these have been done in Nigeria for how long? Remember the Santana of years ago?
What about the old Santana?

chassis:

It will be nice to meet other enthusiasts, we can exchange ideas.

That makes the two of us
Re: Are Real Vehicle Modifications Being Done In 9ja? by mccloud224(m): 8:02pm On May 31, 2009
That makes three of us.Have you experimented with fibre castings (to fabricate moulds for speakers or subs?).
Re: Are Real Vehicle Modifications Being Done In 9ja? by Nobody: 9:48pm On May 31, 2009
With me, that makes 4 of us. cheesy

I do car modifications here in the UK, and have won trophies in my class. cool
Enthusiasts here often want their cars prepared for show as well as competition use, and that's where Deltavag Limited comes in.

My own Audi A4 B5 RS4 Sedan is my company demonstrator, I've also just purchased a totally standard Audi S4 Avant, which will also be getting the "treatment."
wink
Re: Are Real Vehicle Modifications Being Done In 9ja? by mccloud224(m): 11:29pm On May 31, 2009
That sounds good.Let me ask you something.With your experience, do you think it's possible to add in a sub (basic stuff, not more than 300 RMS) in a factory stereo running of the bose centre system (Like the type in mazda6 V6)?The i4 is possible no doubt but from what i learnt, the vehicles with centre point systems are already configured and you just can't "drop" in stuff unless you want to do a complete overhaul (Pretty expensive dont you think?)
Re: Are Real Vehicle Modifications Being Done In 9ja? by Nezan(m): 11:01am On Jun 01, 2009
Re: Are Real Vehicle Modifications Being Done In 9ja? by autofreak1(m): 7:01pm On Jun 02, 2009
Custom Car & Bike Show (Abuja)
This is the one show You don't wanna Miss!!!
Host: Bluefield Partners

Date: Saturday, August 1, 2009
Time: 10:00am - 6:00pm
Central Area, Abuja, Nigeria

Phone: 08059094402
Email: bluefieldpartners@gmail.com

The Abuja Custom Car & Bike show is based on a unique concept: It is an all-inclusive show that allows participants with vehicles, cars, motorcycles, trucks … anything on wheels, that ranges from awesome cars with crazy audio/video, unique paint jobs and interiors to be displayed way down to the participants with stock vehicles. Here, enthusiasts of all kinds and all ages meet and rub shoulders to form one great family. The Custom Car & Bike Show will be open to all motoring and bike enthusiasts. We are set to make our debut in Nigeria at the Eagle Square, Abuja. Come witness an infusion of leading edge performance, tuning and creativity on wheels. Meet and interact with all the suppliers, retailers and enthusiasts that share your passion and help make your car something more. Hot Rods to Racing Tuned torque monsters and everything in between there is something to see and learn for everyone, from the weekend modder to hardcore racer. Come see the products and people that are testing the limits of car design and technology.Plenty of eye candy for people of all different tastes. Old School meets the New School. Whether you are interested in classic restorations, engine modifications, incredible displays of custom interiors or paint and chrome work, or you just want to hang with others who share your passion.
The show will cover but not be limited to:
• Interactive motor displays, demonstration and entertainment.
• Custom built and mechanically enhanced Cars & Motor-bikes exhibition.
• Motor products & services
• Exhibition of latest motor accessories & mobile accessories
• Special appearances & performances by guest Artists and DJs
• Repair & maintenance equipment & supplies
• Insurance & finance
• Bikers ride through & display
• Car & bike clubs
• Vintage or classic cars
• Driving tips by experts
• Safety regulations display by FRSC
• Many awards for various categories will be up for grabs
• After party @ the best night Club in Abuja

Various awards for up for grabs: So bring your car or ride your bike to the show

Best Pimped Out Car
Best Motorbike
Best Interior Custom
Best Dressed Biker
Best Engine Custom
Best Paintwork
Best Rims
Best Audio System
Best Stunt Biker
Best Custom Car Company
Best Motor Insurance Provider
Best Exotic Car Dealer
Best Car Accessories Company
Participatory award to all individual owners, enthusiasts and clubs.

Special Coverage By
Daar Sat
Rimz Tv
Dynamix TV & Magazine
Cruise Magazine
Raypower FM
Rhythm FM
Cool FM
ML Magazine

So much more to come,

Tell a friend to tell a friend to bring a friend that loves cars, bikes, trucks and a nice time,
Re: Are Real Vehicle Modifications Being Done In 9ja? by chassis(m): 3:14pm On Jun 03, 2009
mccloud224:

That sounds good.Let me ask you something.With your experience, do you think it's possible to add in a sub (basic stuff, not more than 300 RMS) in a factory stereo running of the bose centre system (Like the type in mazda6 V6)?The i4 is possible no doubt but from what i learnt, the vehicles with centre point systems are already configured and you just can't "drop" in stuff unless you want to do a complete overhaul (Pretty expensive dont you think?)

You can actually add your own sub, simply make sure you don't tamper with the factory bose amp. You should be able to tap from the low input source to your bose amp, provided its not digital, feed the source into a low pass filter and your own 300W rms power amp and on to your new sub. A monoblock amp from pioneer or rockford-fosgate should do. Will you be running a 4ohms or 2ohms load? There might however be challenges with this setup like being actually able to trace the source, it might involve stripping some factory wires, there might also be additional amplifier noise (which will be taken care of if you use a high quality filter after the amp). I've also seen issues of sound delay probably due to tapping the your source from the output of an amp before feeding it into another amp, so take care that doesn't happen.
Re: Are Real Vehicle Modifications Being Done In 9ja? by Benasayer(m): 9:35am On Jun 04, 2009
this is my car. theres another post i put up with more info about it. had to do all the work myself, or along side a mechanic for supervision, all the parts had to be imported as well.

Re: Are Real Vehicle Modifications Being Done In 9ja? by chassis(m): 12:13pm On Jun 04, 2009
nice lambo doors!!

put a link to the post on your mods.
Re: Are Real Vehicle Modifications Being Done In 9ja? by mccloud224(m): 11:47am On Jun 05, 2009
@benasayer

Nice lam doors man.

@chassis

Thanks for the tips although from what i gathered online,its not practical and the % of problems arising is 90-10.The surround output is already fixed, no room for any extras (too bad).I intended adding a 12" MTX (4 ohm) in a ported box and powered by a mono block MTX amp (its about 400 RMS or less).
Re: Are Real Vehicle Modifications Being Done In 9ja? by mccloud224(m): 11:54am On Jun 05, 2009
@benasayer

Do you have other pix or a link?
Re: Are Real Vehicle Modifications Being Done In 9ja? by Benasayer(m): 1:51pm On Jun 05, 2009
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=45221&id=503216130

this is with the old "rubbish" sound install.
it currently doesnt have one, just got the 2 amplifiers and crossovers. 1 is 1000watts and the other is 2000watts, i think. but ill have to check wen i get home.
Re: Are Real Vehicle Modifications Being Done In 9ja? by Nezan(m): 2:40pm On Jun 05, 2009
kuul
Re: Are Real Vehicle Modifications Being Done In 9ja? by samsmart1: 1:04pm On Jun 06, 2009
@poster. Naa waa for you ooo! Dem don turn dat car into a Home Theater. No be car again. I never see this type before.
Re: Are Real Vehicle Modifications Being Done In 9ja? by mccloud224(m): 10:14pm On Jun 07, 2009
lol cheesy
Re: Are Real Vehicle Modifications Being Done In 9ja? by mccloud224(m): 10:30pm On Jun 07, 2009
@Benasayer.

Are you taking about peak power or RMS?
Re: Are Real Vehicle Modifications Being Done In 9ja? by imhsar(f): 6:11am On Aug 04, 2010
the kind of photos you had attached , the people who haven't think about any modification, will definitely modify their car like yours, cool
Re: Are Real Vehicle Modifications Being Done In 9ja? by zaza1(m): 4:32pm On Aug 04, 2010
Well contrary to what everyone else is saying here you can actually get your subwoofers and speakers done just like that, solid gbedu in surulere does these modifications, he helped do it to my toyota tacoma, its on randle road, just tell him what you want, he previously only used to install subwoofers and speakers in peoples boots but he is on a whole new P right now, if you have seen Ali Baba the comedian's trucks, he also did the same thing for them
Re: Are Real Vehicle Modifications Being Done In 9ja? by pleep(m): 6:24am On Aug 21, 2011
Theres many easy things you can do yourself that will make a huge difference.

you can get a custom euro-decal that says whatever you want online for about 30usd.

or you could get custom dash kit trim in whatever material you like. wood, chrome, fiberglass etc its custom fitted to your car and feels OEM (it looks awesome)
There are even some do it yourself leather color changer kits grin and also tire rim paint . . .so many stuff.
Re: Are Real Vehicle Modifications Being Done In 9ja? by TobiAdams: 10:12pm On Nov 05, 2011
hello guys, does anyone know who can fix a Jeep Liberty 2008 model ? ECM Re-programming !
Re: Are Real Vehicle Modifications Being Done In 9ja? by mccloud224(m): 9:43pm On Oct 25, 2021
Going down memory lane....when intelligent folks graced nairaland. Now its ill breed BB Naija toddlers all over the place.
Re: Are Real Vehicle Modifications Being Done In 9ja? by nymphomaniac(m): 8:55pm On Jun 11, 2022
Nice thread. Abeg nurey and Gazzuzz there’s this thread I am looking for of a guy that took real care of his Camry Big daddy. A doctor if I remember well. Need that thread ejoor

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Reliable Is The Infinity FX35 / Uber Signs Deal With Volvo To Buy 24,000 Self-Driving SUVs For Taxi Fleet / The Secret Services’ Best Kept Secret? The Chevrolet Suburban

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.