Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,397 members, 7,808,429 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:48 AM

A Very Sad Letter Found In The Pocket Of A Drowned Syrian. - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / A Very Sad Letter Found In The Pocket Of A Drowned Syrian. (1070 Views)

Honeymoon Couple Drowned As Wife Tried To Save Husband (graphic Image) / German Machete Attack: Syrian Refugee Kills Woman & Injures Two Others / Turkey Shoots Down Russian Jet Near Syrian Border (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Very Sad Letter Found In The Pocket Of A Drowned Syrian. by Blaqsmith(m): 12:37pm On Nov 27, 2015
[b]Dear mom, I am sorry that the boat has drowned and I wasn’t able to make it to Europe. I am sorry that I won’t be able to send you back the money you had to borrow for my boat trip. Don’t be sad if they never find my corpse in this wild sea; it won’t bring me back to you, it will only bring you more debt and more funeral, burial, and transportation expenses.
I am sorry that the war has happened, and I’m sorry that I had to leave just like all the other kids who had dreams. Although my dreams weren’t too big; I only dreamt of affording a bottle of medicine for your illness, and some money to fix your teeth.
By the way, the color of my teeth right now is green because of all the algae stuck on it. I still believe they’re better looking than the teeth of our dictator though…
I am sorry that I built you an imaginary house in my dreams; a cozy wooden hut like the one in movies. A hut that is very far from barrel bombs, airplanes, and all the sectarianism we were surrounded with.
Dear brother, I am sorry that I wasn’t able to send you the $50 I promised I will send every month to buy yourself something nice before you graduate.
Dear sister, I am sorry that I wasn’t able to send you a nice smartphone with all the wi-fi and the technology that your friends at school are buying.
Dear home, I am sorry that I will never ever hang my jacket behind your door again.
Dear divers and rescue teams, I am sorry for all the trouble you have to go through to find our bodies, as I don’t know the name of the sea I’mdrowningin.
Dear United Nations and government agencies, please stay comfortable and please rest assured that I will never be a burden on you anymore.
Thanks to the sea who welcomed us without a visa… Thanks to the fish who will eat on my body without asking me for my religion, or political status…
Thanks to all the TV channels and news outlets who will share our news for a few minutes everyday to make some money off our story while it’s still hot and interesting.
Thank you all for feeling sorry for us…
I am sorry that Idrowned…

Source: http://news-kenya.com/2015/09/very-sad-letter-found-in-the-pocket-of-a-drowned-syrian/ [/b]

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Very Sad Letter Found In The Pocket Of A Drowned Syrian. by finalboss(m): 12:44pm On Nov 27, 2015
:-endtime op nd end time letter
Re: A Very Sad Letter Found In The Pocket Of A Drowned Syrian. by Holywizard: 12:53pm On Nov 27, 2015
sobbing....crying...
God pls make this world a better place...amen!
Re: A Very Sad Letter Found In The Pocket Of A Drowned Syrian. by Blaqsmith(m): 1:10pm On Nov 27, 2015
finalboss:
:-endtime op nd end time letter
Do you think you earn every right to go silly?
Grow son, grow.
Re: A Very Sad Letter Found In The Pocket Of A Drowned Syrian. by finalboss(m): 4:45pm On Nov 27, 2015
Blaqsmith:
Do you think you earn every right to go silly? Grow son, grow.
nigger may be you should watch the way you type
..m sagacious
Re: A Very Sad Letter Found In The Pocket Of A Drowned Syrian. by whitecloth: 12:34am On Nov 28, 2015
Blaqsmith:
Dear mom, I am sorry that the boat has drowned and I wasn’t able to make it to Europe.
Source: http://news-kenya.com/2015/09/very-sad-letter-found-in-the-pocket-of-a-drowned-syrian/
Nobody even care to ask how could a boy who has drowned be able to write such letter. uhnnnn?

1 Like

Re: A Very Sad Letter Found In The Pocket Of A Drowned Syrian. by igraman(m): 9:29pm On Jul 09, 2016
This does not touch me.

(1) (Reply)

World In Shock As US Votes In Donald Trump As President / Donald Trump Presidency: Imam Not Invited, Good Or Bad. / Sugar Panic In Russia As Western Sanction Sets In.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.