Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,398 members, 7,781,146 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 09:43 AM

Segun Arinze Seeks Divorce-is This Guy Jinxed? - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Segun Arinze Seeks Divorce-is This Guy Jinxed? (1934 Views)

Monalisa Chinda And Segun Arinze At Food Fair Event In Abuja (photos) / Segun Arinze Of Now Vs Segun Arinze Of Before:How Time Flies(pics) / Is Emma Nyra Jinxed? The Reason She Did Not Blow (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Segun Arinze Seeks Divorce-is This Guy Jinxed? by Afaukwu: 5:01pm On May 26, 2009
http://thepmnews.com/2009/05/26/segun-arinze-seeks-divorce

Segun Arinze Seeks Divorce
May 26, 2009 14:39 (2 hours ago), 194 views

Nollywood actor, Segun Arinze, on Monday sought leave of an Ikeja High Court, Lagos, to dissolve his marriage to Annette Aina-Padonou.

The marriage of 13 years is blessed with a 12-year old daughter.

Arinze told Justice Sybil Nwaka that the marriage had broken down irreparably and irreconcilably, after the couple had stayed apart for 11 years, since 29 May, 1998.

He said he was seeking leave of the court to legally separate them to allow him go on with his life, promising to be responsible for their daughter’s upkeep.

Arinze said they both found out after about a year into the marriage that they could not live together as husband and wife.

The marriage was contracted at the Ikorodu Local Government Registry on 10 May, 1996.

Under cross-examination by his counsel, Mr. Henry Efere, the actor said their marital differences culminated in his wife packing out of their Surulere residence 11 years ago.

Arinze said he was not opposed to Annette taking custody of their daughter, Morenike Padonou, and assured the court that he would continue to be responsible for her upkeep.

Nwaka adjourned the case till 24 June for further hearing.
Re: Segun Arinze Seeks Divorce-is This Guy Jinxed? by Afaukwu: 5:05pm On May 26, 2009
I posted this news because it does not quite add up. I thought Segun was married to Anne Njemanze. They separated/divorced a few years ago. Now this news says Segun wants to divorce a wife who definitely is not Anne and to whom he has been married to for 12 years. Does this mean Segun had two wives concomittantly, in which case he divorced one first and now the other? Is he ever going to settle down?
Re: Segun Arinze Seeks Divorce-is This Guy Jinxed? by desgiezd(m): 5:06pm On May 26, 2009
How does this relate to politics?
Re: Segun Arinze Seeks Divorce-is This Guy Jinxed? by spikedcylinder: 5:08pm On May 26, 2009
Huh? Which Segun Arinze? Did he not marry that Oil and Gas girl last year?
Re: Segun Arinze Seeks Divorce-is This Guy Jinxed? by blacksta(m): 5:18pm On May 26, 2009
i couldn't careless if segun married or divorce a pig

anyway - SpikeCylinder - wetin dey happen

Hola at yr boy
Re: Segun Arinze Seeks Divorce-is This Guy Jinxed? by tpiah: 5:28pm On May 26, 2009
three wives mentioned for him alone?

See the people wey dey spoil Nigeria!
Re: Segun Arinze Seeks Divorce-is This Guy Jinxed? by Nobody: 5:41pm On May 26, 2009
guys guys guys, this news does not add up at the threadstarter rightly pointed out.
i'm sure there's a mix up somewhere cos Segun Arinze was/has been dating someone else for sometime and the marriage the reporter is referring to was annulled a long time ago
Re: Segun Arinze Seeks Divorce-is This Guy Jinxed? by sophienwa(f): 5:43pm On May 27, 2009
if my memory serves me right, the child Anne njemanze had for him was named morenike and we all know that arinze is not his real surname.he is from the western part of the country probably badagry, he changed his surname when he started his music career in the early dayz cos he wanted a stage name with a bit of ummf . Anne's full name is Annette. the fact that a couple has separated does not mean that they are officially divorced, you know naija style now.anyway,i am sensing a link somewhere,; anyone else sensing it?
Re: Segun Arinze Seeks Divorce-is This Guy Jinxed? by mohawkchic(f): 6:09pm On May 27, 2009
~Some people are just Not The Marrying Kind!
Re: Segun Arinze Seeks Divorce-is This Guy Jinxed? by AloyEmeka9: 6:10pm On May 27, 2009
This story is fake.
Re: Segun Arinze Seeks Divorce-is This Guy Jinxed? by JJYOU: 6:48pm On May 27, 2009
ugly rumour boy.
Re: Segun Arinze Seeks Divorce-is This Guy Jinxed? by annab(f): 1:16am On May 29, 2009
COULDNT CARE LESS

(1) (Reply)

The Search For Most Beautiful Girl In Nigeria 2011 / GTB: The Dirty Game Behind The Curtains / PHOTOS: Furious Mob Castrate Rap*ist They Caught Attacking Young Girl In India

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.