Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,468 members, 7,808,677 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:17 PM

Auto Section Library: All Discussion Threads - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Auto Section Library: All Discussion Threads (19367 Views)

Three Adverts / Threads Per Day Required ( Bulk Autos Section is still Active ) / Job Section Library For Job-seekers To Start There Own Personal Business: / 2005 Honda Accord(end Of Discussion) For Sale @ 1.150m (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Auto Section Library: All Discussion Threads by Seun(m): 6:44pm On May 26, 2009
Re: Auto Section Library: All Discussion Threads by Nobody: 2:43pm On May 28, 2009
Re: Auto Section Library: All Discussion Threads by Nobody: 4:45pm On May 30, 2009
Re: Auto Section Library: All Discussion Threads by Nobody: 6:46pm On Jun 05, 2009
Re: Auto Section Library: All Discussion Threads by Nobody: 8:54pm On Jun 30, 2009
Re: Auto Section Library: All Discussion Threads by Nobody: 1:46pm On Aug 04, 2009
giancarlo:

Good day MONITOR,i want to discuss wat happen this morning when i went to check on the RAV 4 advertised by DANTITIkI,to my surprise the customer requested for the VIN of the vehicle and he never wanted to release the VIN which he has already posted on nairaland.i cant imagine the motive behind it .i think most of this vin is being formulated from others vehicle.i advised that at least one of the pictures to show the VIN placed on the vehicle.

REGARDS

This thread is a library of various discussion threads in the Auto section. Please start a new thread and post your experience with Dantitiki there, so that the situation can be discussed. That will give dantitiki a chance to respond and also give other forumites a chance to contribute to the discussion. In the end, we all should be better off for it.

Thanks,

Monitor_1
Re: Auto Section Library: All Discussion Threads by Jakumo(m): 5:37am On Jul 03, 2010
Recently checking the auto section of Nairaland, I noticed that the entire sub-forum is now dominated by adverts for used cars in Nigeria, and that all other car-related topics that get posted are swiftly buried under a relentless barrage of adverts.

May I suggest to the Nairaland automobile forum moderators that the auto section could be subdivided into an AUTO ADVERT section, which will list adverts exclusively, for the benefit of those seeking to buy cars in Nigeria,  and an AUTO DISCUSSION section, where all non-commercial automotive discussion topics can be found quickly by those not interested in that sea of adverts for used cars in Nigeria, but who do have a passion for automotive trouble-shooting, technology and news.

Not very long ago, the adverts in the Nairaland automotive forum were comparatively few in number, but now a clear 99% of all entries into the auto forum are adverts, effectively muzzling all other automotive related topics of discussion like engine trouble shooting and modification.

Please, Mods, be kind enough to separate the adverts from the discussions, so that those of us who have zero interest in the adverts can ignore them, and thus be freed up to talk about cars.
Re: Auto Section Library: All Discussion Threads by Nobody: 2:02am On Aug 09, 2010
Re: Auto Section Library: All Discussion Threads by Nobody: 1:59pm On Aug 30, 2010
RMTrack:
There have been little faith with car tracking on Naira Land. Well,  now we are giving you proof of its efficiency. Even though car tracking or any other security of any kind can never guarantee 100% efficiency, the odds favour recovery of stolen vehicles when you car is tracked.

7 Stolen Cars Recovered In Ibadan
Re: Auto Section Library: All Discussion Threads by Nobody: 2:09pm On Aug 30, 2010
Sienna:

An invaluable tool for the correct diagnosis, and maintenance of all OBD / OBDII / EOBD-compliant cars manufactured from 1996 onwards. Mac Tools, for those in the know, needs no introduction. Mac Tools is an American-based company, and the main competitor of Snap-On tools.

The Mac Tools OBDII / EOBD code reader / scanner, the ET80 is simplicity itself. It provides DIY / Professionals easy and quick access to Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTC's) and their definitions on all OBDII / EOBD-compliant vehicles sold worldwide since 1996. It's small, yet powerful enough to retrieve the same information as larger, more expensive scanners.

Mac Tools OBDII / EOBD Diagnostic Equipment
Re: Auto Section Library: All Discussion Threads by Nobody: 2:12pm On Aug 30, 2010
Kunle-A:

I have noticed in recent times that lots of people are having problem with their brainbox. Brainbox are not too often going bad here in the US.

I am wondering if there are just careless mechanic or something else is going on.

I just help someone shipped a brand new brainbox (plus ignition key and module) about 3 weeks ago for 2002 Jeep Liberty. He was having problem getting it programmed. I spoke with him yesterday to see how far everything is going. He told me that sadly the brand new brainbox was accidentally destroyed by the mechanic.

Why Do Brainbox Always Go Bad Frequently In Naija?
Re: Auto Section Library: All Discussion Threads by Nobody: 2:14pm On Aug 30, 2010
bong4:

Good DayAll,
Please can anyone tell me how to turn on my windscreen heater (mercedes 190). When it is raining i kind of ave problem seeing because of the mist. the back glass heater wrks well but the front glass doesnt clear the mist though th wiper works perfetly. Ps help.

How Do I Clar Mist From My Windscreen While Driving Under The Rain?
Re: Auto Section Library: All Discussion Threads by Nobody: 2:33pm On Aug 30, 2010
Midas02:

I have watched with utter dismay as the contents and character of this brilliant forum has metamorphosed and changed over the last 2 years! What I have witnessed is a gradual but relentless take-over of all available real estate, space and thread by commercial entities and auto dealers like the notorious and infamous Water Hyacinth plant that invaded the waterways of Lagos a few years ago. The number of dealers and sellers on the site has grown exponentially to the point where any factual enquiries, interesting discussion or even a hint of intelligent dialogue has become a rare sight! - mostly being choked and squeezed out of life long before others can even see it OR join in.

Dearth Of Intelligent Discussions And Dialogues On Nairaland Auto Section?
Re: Auto Section Library: All Discussion Threads by Nobody: 6:58pm On Sep 04, 2010
Oblo:
Hmmm still on this golf 3 issue. A friend and I got this clean golf from cotonou  and have been loving it ever since. What I think is that it uses gas as well. Now what I dnt know is why it consimes a lot more fuel than my own golf 3!! Is it that the system wacked? Here are the various pics of the parts of the engine tweaked to use gas. Please what kind of modification is this and can it be removed? What are the implications if removed . Plus any other   suggestions/  as to the type of  engine modifications?

Sienna: VW Gurus In The House
Re: Auto Section Library: All Discussion Threads by Nobody: 7:02pm On Sep 04, 2010
Vikkyza:

Guys i need to ship 2 cars from UK to Lagos. Any idea about a reliable clearing agent and the cost?

Shipping of Car from UK to Lagos
Re: Auto Section Library: All Discussion Threads by Nobody: 7:07pm On Sep 04, 2010
austinike:

Please what’s the reason for black carbon in my exhaust?

Black Carbon in my Exhaust
Re: Auto Section Library: All Discussion Threads by Nobody: 7:11pm On Sep 04, 2010
larryshow4:

Two days back, 30th Aug 2010. Two cotonou banks and bureau de change of the cotonou said was also robbed for close to two hours in the morning. About 3-4 lifes were lost and millions of cfa was stolen that it affected the exchange rate. You could imagine how much cfa was stolen that would affect the increase of cfa from 294 naira - 305naira. The robbery was lead by a woman; trust the saying that what a man can do, a woman can do better  the two banks robbered are Bank Of Africa & Diamond Bank, cotonou. A soul was lost in Bank Of Africa. May God continue to cover us with his protection (Amen)

Robbery at seme border
Re: Auto Section Library: All Discussion Threads by Nobody: 7:16pm On Sep 04, 2010
nnamdi04:

A friend has  a tiny light camry le with a front-end rattling noise emanating from the suspension. Please what could be the problem?

Front end rattling noise emanating from the suspension
Re: Auto Section Library: All Discussion Threads by Nobody: 12:45pm On Sep 09, 2010
Jakumo:

Recently checking the auto section of Nairaland, I noticed that the entire sub-forum is now dominated by adverts for used cars in Nigeria, and that all other car-related topics that get posted are swiftly buried under a relentless barrage of adverts.

May I suggest to the Nairaland automobile forum moderators that the auto section could be subdivided into an AUTO ADVERT section, which will list adverts exclusively, for the benefit of those seeking to buy cars in Nigeria,  and an AUTO DISCUSSION section, where all non-commercial automotive discussion topics can be found quickly by those not interested in that sea of adverts for used cars in Nigeria, but who do have a passion for automotive trouble-shooting, technology and news.

Not very long ago, the adverts in the Nairaland automotive forum were comparatively few in number, but now a clear 99% of all entries into the auto forum are adverts, effectively muzzling all other automotive related topics of discussion like engine trouble shooting and modification.

Please, Mods, be kind enough to separate the adverts from the discussions, so that those of us who have zero interest in the adverts can ignore them, and thus be freed up to talk about cars.

Seconded.
Re: Auto Section Library: All Discussion Threads by Nobody: 12:54pm On Sep 10, 2010
Siena:

Seconded.

Please see my comments here ===> https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-471295.0.html%22#msg6665921
Re: Auto Section Library: All Discussion Threads by Nobody: 12:59pm On Sep 10, 2010
drhappy:
Please I just acquired an automatic  Honda Civic '96model for my Mrs.It was direct from Cotonou but I discovered that the SRS light on the dashboard does not go off while driving.Pls the experts on N/L should come to my rescue.Thank you.

SRS Help
Re: Auto Section Library: All Discussion Threads by Nobody: 1:04pm On Sep 10, 2010
sandee575:
Theres so much talk about the CVT and Transfer case going wrong and giving
problems to Murano owners especially on the earlier models. Do we have anyone
on NL who wants to share their experiences here?

Muranno Transmission Problem
Re: Auto Section Library: All Discussion Threads by Nobody: 1:13pm On Sep 10, 2010
Cruise-z:

Good day house, i have a 2002 toyota camry i want to register, please give me an idea of how much it will cost to register it. I want to be sure am not ripped off by agents.

How much does it cost to register a car in Nigeria
Re: Auto Section Library: All Discussion Threads by Nobody: 1:32pm On Sep 10, 2010
Siena:
Some on here may remember my project car, a '96 Audi A4 Quattro Sport, which I built, with work commencing 17th November 2007, and completed 28th February 2008.

The base car was a '96 Audi A4 Quattro Sport 2,6L V6. I then built her into a B5 RS4 Sedan. Keen Audi fans will know Audi only built this fire-breathing monster in the estate bodyshell (Avant). I Proceeded to transform the stock sedan into an RS4, using brand new genuine Audi parts. The 150hp 2,6L V6 was also replaced with a 340hp 4,2L V8, from a 2001 Audi S8.

Accident 19th April '10 - Siena's New Project - '02 B6 Audi A4 3,0L V6 Quattro.
Re: Auto Section Library: All Discussion Threads by Seun(m): 12:53pm On Nov 05, 2010
Hi Nairalanders, I have found out that my car engine starts going off on low speed after some time on the road. Also the light system gets dimmer to the extent that I can hardly wind down/up my glasses.

I recently changed my clutch pad & disk, after which I started noticing the problem. The mechanic guy said it is fuel filter an later said it is ignition and coil. After changing all these, the problem still persists. I need car guru's candid advice.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-545543.0.html
Re: Auto Section Library: All Discussion Threads by letustalk(m): 9:29am On Dec 09, 2010
GOOD WORK
Re: Auto Section Library: All Discussion Threads by Nobody: 8:45pm On Jan 09, 2011

Driving an automatic transmission car is a little different from the usual manual cars. It can even be said that it is easier to drive an automatic transmission car, as the driver does not require learning clutch control and changing gears, which is probably the most troublesome task for all drivers and learners. An automatic transmission does everything on its own, providing the person on the driver's seat with utmost comfort. However, as the functioning and operation of automatic transmission is different, one definitely needs to know how to drive it, before actually experiencing the luxury. Given below are some tips regarding the same
Modes Of Automatic Transmission 

Tips on car maintenance and how 2 drive Automatic cars 
Re: Auto Section Library: All Discussion Threads by Nobody: 9:05pm On Jan 09, 2011

I recently bought a 1996 Honda Bullet via Cotonou. However since the delivery, the ABS light has been on whenever the engine is started. Any suggestions from the house, please?

My ABS Light Is Always On
Re: Auto Section Library: All Discussion Threads by Nobody: 9:27pm On Jan 09, 2011

I have been a fan of Nairaland for quite some time now. Off all the threads I happen to have latched on to, I have not seen any discussion on the conversion of car engines. Can Nairalanders kindly educate some of us of the possibility of converting a V6 engine to a 4 cylinder engine. If conversion is possible, what are the likely problems one would experience in due course?

Engine Conversion V6 to 4-Cyl
Re: Auto Section Library: All Discussion Threads by Nobody: 9:34pm On Jan 09, 2011

i am trying to ship a vehicle (most likely a jeep) from us to nigeria, i could ship from chicago or new jersey and i need to know the following

1) how long does it take to arrive? (approx)
2) how much is it to ship?
3) how much is it to clear a vehicle in lagos?
4) any extra fees i might have to budget for?

Help. I’m Trying To Ship A Car To Nigeria From The USA
Re: Auto Section Library: All Discussion Threads by Nobody: 9:50pm On Jan 09, 2011

For those that are familiar with Honda Babyboy, SOME BATCH (FEW I UNDERSTAND) have transmission/gear issues. To the best of my understanding, the problem was suppose to affect year 2000 thru 2003. However, i have read of the gear problems affecting even 1998 models and sometimes as new as 2004.

Honda Baby Boy Gear Problems

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

TRUCKS HEADS,DUMP TRUCKS AND SPARE PARTS ARE IN STOCK. / Progress. . . / ♻️♻️ This Is How To Process Your Tint Permit And Medical Report ♻️♻️

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.