Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,017 members, 7,799,476 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 10:08 PM

Advice Needed:a Masters Degree To Aid My 2.2 Or A Life-changing Trip To Italy? - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Advice Needed:a Masters Degree To Aid My 2.2 Or A Life-changing Trip To Italy? (26981 Views)

Should I Dump My Bsc Degree To Be A Mechanic Apprentice? / Should I Stop Work And Do A Masters Programme? / Why I Dropped My Degree To Become A Taxi Driver - Abuja-based Female Taxi Driver (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Advice Needed:a Masters Degree To Aid My 2.2 Or A Life-changing Trip To Italy? by Cruzboy: 10:27am On Nov 28, 2015
Oga are think u better stays in nigeria,,,,nigeria even has money than italy just becos of their selfish interest,,, thats all are could say, na wen u come u go knw how far
Re: Advice Needed:a Masters Degree To Aid My 2.2 Or A Life-changing Trip To Italy? by rakumiii(m): 10:28am On Nov 28, 2015
erico2k2:

I would like to agree with you on some point however, those people in the UK, US and Canada, are exempt from your assumption.If you hustle well in these countries mentioned you can make good savings as a young man with no family.Send all your money to your bank in 9ja.if you hustle like that for 5 yrs you will be better than almost all of your mates in 5 years unless the ones born with silver spoon or are extremely favoured or lucky.

What do you consider hustling? Can you give me some examples and I will tell you average of what they could make in the US and in Italy.... I assume you will also feed yourself, clothe and have some kind of accommodation while you are there... 5 Whole years of hustling? 5years is not beans o..... unless you are referring to hustling in the illegal way then that's a different matter altogether ....
Re: Advice Needed:a Masters Degree To Aid My 2.2 Or A Life-changing Trip To Italy? by erico2k2(m): 10:28am On Nov 28, 2015
adren:

thanks bro... na only u never shoot me in the head out of all this nairalanders weyn dey bombard my thread con dey yarn rubbish..

an uncle who was in italy doing odd jobs used to send 500k home at least in two months...

lemme see if i can find more info about germany though..

besides, i haven't written off my career in football.. i could impress and join any football academy team over there..

say with my football age been 14 ..lols
Guy ask your Uncle wetin E dey do oh,me I be Old timer in Europe, here be like ogboni meeting, if U nor go U nor know.Some guymen for italo nor get work, dem get girls wey dey work for dem nah do or die life oh Dog eat Dog.bro no try am, try US UK or canada, life sweet there.
Re: Advice Needed:a Masters Degree To Aid My 2.2 Or A Life-changing Trip To Italy? by engrjacuzzi: 10:29am On Nov 28, 2015
Italy I know its prostitution business you are going for even though you didn't tell if a male or female? please, go there are spread the virus if you can and leave Nigeria you this Edo state pikin
Re: Advice Needed:a Masters Degree To Aid My 2.2 Or A Life-changing Trip To Italy? by adren(m): 10:39am On Nov 28, 2015
engrjacuzzi:
Italy I know its prostitution business you are going for even though you didn't tell if a male or female? please, go there are spread the virus if you can and leave Nigeria you this Edo state pikin

smh ..

i am talking career, you are talking lust

*in rozay's voice* Nonsense!!
Re: Advice Needed:a Masters Degree To Aid My 2.2 Or A Life-changing Trip To Italy? by adren(m): 10:43am On Nov 28, 2015
erico2k2:

Guy ask your Uncle wetin E dey do oh,me I be Old timer in Europe, here be like ogboni meeting, if U nor go U nor know.Some guymen for italo nor get work, dem get girls wey dey work for dem nah do or die life oh Dog eat Dog.bro no try am, try US UK or canada, life sweet there.

bros.. i never ready to execute any of these plans..

i just need a guidance from those who have been through thick and thins like you...

cant afford to learn the hard way...
one kobo for ticket/visa sef nor dey my hand..
i am just anticipating...

however, i will put all of your suggestions in my left hand so that i will not use it to eat
Re: Advice Needed:a Masters Degree To Aid My 2.2 Or A Life-changing Trip To Italy? by erico2k2(m): 10:43am On Nov 28, 2015
rakumiii:

What do you consider hustling? Can you give me some examples and I will tell you average of what they could make in the US and in Italy.... I assume you will also feed yourself, clothe and have some kind of accommodation while you are there... 5 Whole years of hustling? 5years is not beans o..... unless you are referring to hustling in the illegal way then that's a different matter altogether ....
Ok I would have liked to use myself as case sturdy but that wont be fair so I will use the average.All hustling in the eyes of the law would be illegal ,I don't mean as in 419 or selling narcotics, it might involve working in the black market ie no papers or borrowed papers.Yes if you are 23 years then you can hustle for 5 years with self discipline.Thats for a man who knows where they are coming from and where they are going.
I make an example.Two brother hustled in 9ja and saved up and traveled to the UK, rented a big room for £510 a month for two of them this included al Bills.the both working for a building/construction firm and are doing the london cross rail project, this is going on for 7 years..They earn £9/hr work Mon-sat. thier take home is £1850 after tax, they save £2000 monthly between them and send back to 9ja.Aprox (N700k)
So if they do this for 40 months only they save N28M between them, this is 3 years 3 months.Now waht I just told you is what two of my smallies are doing here in London and they are 2 years into it, and are going back to Nigeria for good this time next year.Even me wey be baba Agba run come back here come work collect ££ as £££ get power now.This is same storey for most Nigerians in the UK wahtever job they are doing E make sense right now cos of exchange rate which is £1 to N350.Al these are honest monies no back hand bribe or 419.what I gave was an illustration for a hustler not a professional, for that the stakes are even higher.

3 Likes

Re: Advice Needed:a Masters Degree To Aid My 2.2 Or A Life-changing Trip To Italy? by Nobody: 10:43am On Nov 28, 2015
If you do your masters coupled with your young age,u stand a better chance of securing a good job here.so its better you go for your masters.
Re: Advice Needed:a Masters Degree To Aid My 2.2 Or A Life-changing Trip To Italy? by erico2k2(m): 10:43am On Nov 28, 2015
adren:

bros.. i never ready to execute any of these plans..

i just need a guidance from those who have been through thick and thins like you...

cant afford to learn the hard way...
one kobo for ticket/visa sef nor dey my hand..
i am just anticipating...

however, i will put all of your suggestions in my left hand so that i will not use it to eat
Guy na the truth I dey tell you so, like this my coz dey italo, i don try remove am 2 times nah yawah gas dem stone am go bck to italo.
Re: Advice Needed:a Masters Degree To Aid My 2.2 Or A Life-changing Trip To Italy? by burujnews: 10:44am On Nov 28, 2015
Re: Advice Needed:a Masters Degree To Aid My 2.2 Or A Life-changing Trip To Italy? by lowipaco: 10:48am On Nov 28, 2015
Go on with ur masters, it upgrades you to greater income
Re: Advice Needed:a Masters Degree To Aid My 2.2 Or A Life-changing Trip To Italy? by adren(m): 10:51am On Nov 28, 2015
erico2k2:

Ok I would have liked to use myself as case sturdy but that wont be fair so I will use the average.All hustling in the eyes of the law would be illegal ,I don't mean as in 419 or selling narcotics, it might involve working in the black market ie no papers or borrowed papers.Yes if you are 23 years then you can hustle for 5 years with self discipline.Thats for a man who knows where they are coming from and where they are going.
I make an example.Two brother hustled in 9ja and saved up and traveled to the UK, rented a big room for £510 a month for two of them this included al Bills.the both working for a building/construction firm and are doing the london cross rail project, this is going on for 7 years..They earn £9/hr work Mon-sat. thier take home is £1850 after tax, they save £2000 monthly between them and send back to 9ja.Aprox (N700k)
So if they do this for 40 months only they save N28M between them, this is 3 years 3 months.Now waht I just told you is what two of my smallies are doing here in London and they are 2 years into it, and are going back to Nigeria for good this time next year.Even me wey be baba Agba run come back here come work collect ££ as £££ get power now.This is same storey for most Nigerians in the UK wahtever job they are doing E make sense right now cos of exchange rate which is £1 to N350.Al these are honest monies no back hand bribe or 419.what I gave was an illustration for a hustler not a professional, for that the stakes are even higher.

bros.. e be like say u get interest for my matter.. you fit help me settle in the uk?? with your brothers to start with..

2 Likes

Re: Advice Needed:a Masters Degree To Aid My 2.2 Or A Life-changing Trip To Italy? by ajatim(m): 10:53am On Nov 28, 2015
kennytidistar:
It depends on your mission to Italy, but know this, even PhD does not guarantee you a decent job in Nigeria, just pray.
U cant bag a PhD and become idle except u re nt wel versed in wat u re into. phD transforms u into an Hot cake.

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed:a Masters Degree To Aid My 2.2 Or A Life-changing Trip To Italy? by erico2k2(m): 11:00am On Nov 28, 2015
adren:

bros.. e be like say u get interest for my matter.. you fit help me settle in the uk?? with your brothers to start with..
Guy I nor get personal interest, but the interest wey I get B say I no want make U make mistake some people don already make however as for help you settle in the Uk that one pass me.I go advice U, visit the travel section make U see the kind of packaging U need.nothing pass God.but i n all I don tell you where U go direct baba God to stone you to shey u dey feel me
Re: Advice Needed:a Masters Degree To Aid My 2.2 Or A Life-changing Trip To Italy? by Chubhie: 11:02am On Nov 28, 2015
adren:

thanks bro... na only u never shoot me in the head out of all this nairalanders weyn dey bombard my thread con dey yarn rubbish..

an uncle who was in italy doing odd jobs used to send 500k home at least in two months...

lemme see if i can find more info about germany though..

besides, i haven't written off my career in football.. i could impress and join any football academy team over there..

say with my football age been 14 ..lols
That was how jay jay okocha started his footballing carrier. Since you alerady have an uncle there you should give italo a shot. Your objective in Italo is to save enough to fund your education or any business you wish. You must have a disciplined mind to be able to achieve your dreams in record time.
Re: Advice Needed:a Masters Degree To Aid My 2.2 Or A Life-changing Trip To Italy? by adren(m): 11:07am On Nov 28, 2015
erico2k2:

Guy I nor get personal interest, but the interest wey I get B say I no want make U make mistake some people don already make however as for help you settle in the Uk that one pass me.I go advice U, visit the travel section make U see the kind of packaging U need.nothing pass God.but i n all I don tell you where U go direct baba God to stone you to shey u dey feel me

i gbadun you die!!.. your head standby for there

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed:a Masters Degree To Aid My 2.2 Or A Life-changing Trip To Italy? by litaninja(m): 11:09am On Nov 28, 2015
Beht wait...what is the "life-changing" hustle the OP want to go do abroad
Re: Advice Needed:a Masters Degree To Aid My 2.2 Or A Life-changing Trip To Italy? by medar(m): 11:11am On Nov 28, 2015
Bros, I will advise you to come to Europe as you wish but going to Italy could be one of the worst decisions you could ever make in your life. If you get to Italy, you should think of leaving almost immediately to any of the neighbouring countries. I'm talking from experience. I've lived in some of these countries and I currently live in France. But prepared your mind for about two to three years of sacrifice. I wish you luck
Re: Advice Needed:a Masters Degree To Aid My 2.2 Or A Life-changing Trip To Italy? by adren(m): 11:12am On Nov 28, 2015
Chubhie:
That was how jay jay okocha started his footballing carrier. Since you alerady have an uncle there you should give italo and shot. Your objective in Italo is to save enough to fund your education or any business you wish. You must have a disciplined mind to be able to achieve your dreams in record time.

unfortunately, he was calles home by 'jazz' to come and marry..

he's not my blood uncle... i only adopted him and have been learning from him ever since we met in my neighbourhood..

sadly, he's still not married.. one of his greatest regret is not buying a 'to and fro' ticket before coming home...

now, he cant go back due to lack of funds .. his family members whom were his bank back here exploited and decieved him.. he has no shishi...

however, he is a nice man.. twice my age but takes me like i am his best friend.. i am hoping he returns soon coz he has cliques and networks over there..
Re: Advice Needed:a Masters Degree To Aid My 2.2 Or A Life-changing Trip To Italy? by adren(m): 11:16am On Nov 28, 2015
litaninja:
Beht wait...what is the "life-changing" hustle the OP want to go do abroad

how that one take concern you...?
Re: Advice Needed:a Masters Degree To Aid My 2.2 Or A Life-changing Trip To Italy? by anyicash(m): 11:17am On Nov 28, 2015
Just keep on playing Nairabet
Re: Advice Needed:a Masters Degree To Aid My 2.2 Or A Life-changing Trip To Italy? by angelo82: 11:33am On Nov 28, 2015
Italy can never change your life.............I think master degree will give you better opportunity in life...............Some Africans even beg on the street in Italy....................
Re: Advice Needed:a Masters Degree To Aid My 2.2 Or A Life-changing Trip To Italy? by hustla(m): 11:44am On Nov 28, 2015
adren:
I am currently stucked in the middle with my head hurting so bad from thinking progressively..

I had a 2.2 in metallurgical and materials engineering and with this system of employment in nigeria- massive graduates, limited jobs, I must confess that i am forced to look elsewhere for my lifetime opportunities..

i believe in myself...YES i do!!! however, quite obviously, my chances of been gainfully employed are low, that is even if they meagerly exist..

so... i have made up my mind... perhaps, because i am still very young or because i am from a lowly background where my father nor my relative can give me a huge amount of money to start a lucrative business..therefore, i want to go all out by myself..

now.. i have two resolutions..

should i go for an eighteen months full time master program to supplement my 2.2 or take this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to go hustle for myself abroad..??

which is better??

matured advice needed with experiences...
how did you made it to the top on your own especially when you started from the rock bottom??

Mods please help a brother get to canaanland by doing the needful

Goto Germany or Sweden or Netherlands or Finland instead - Get a free school for MSc - Then you can hustle and work for your day to day
Nigeria is no man's land, somewhere else you can work up the ladder yourself

You can then go to Canada or Australia from there after saving up to start a new life as a professional

When you come back looking for a job even if you want to, you can always have that outside experience and edge

Plus always have a plan B too ..

smiley
Re: Advice Needed:a Masters Degree To Aid My 2.2 Or A Life-changing Trip To Italy? by ABEngine(m): 11:44am On Nov 28, 2015
I must advise any Nigerian youth who thinks the world out here is painted in riches to understand that every country is riddled with its unique challenge.

Unemployment is also an European problem, infact is a global issue with each state hosting a percentage of this scourge.

I only have a problem with the "life changing" clause as you have employed in your write up above.

There is no such thing as "make it big" here. People who board planes to go do menial jobs should actually consider net benefits before embarking on such trips except of course you have conclusively chosen to indulge in illegal activities. I bet you don't know how many nigerians are rotting in Italian jails and how many more are roaming the streets.

Lets come to fact with this, if you however choose to study, then there are likely chances of doing same at no damning cost. There are a host of scholarships that are available with accommodation inclusive, these could be coupled with part time jobs too if you so desire but trust me you must be able to break through the language barrier to work.

Furthermore, there are cases you may need to show rigorous commitment to the academic course in order to fully benefit from these kinds of scholarships. In a nutshell, prepare to study even harder this time.

You can get a masters here and less probably a job but you may not be getting as big as the picture you paint.
Re: Advice Needed:a Masters Degree To Aid My 2.2 Or A Life-changing Trip To Italy? by bigfrancis21: 11:56am On Nov 28, 2015
adren:
I am currently stucked in the middle with my head hurting so bad from thinking progressively..

I had a 2.2 in metallurgical and materials engineering and with this system of employment in nigeria- massive graduates, limited jobs, I must confess that i am forced to look elsewhere for my lifetime opportunities..

i believe in myself...YES i do!!! however, quite obviously, my chances of been gainfully employed are low, that is even if they meagerly exist..

so... i have made up my mind... perhaps, because i am still very young or because i am from a lowly background where my father nor my relative can give me a huge amount of money to start a lucrative business..therefore, i want to go all out by myself..

now.. i have two resolutions..

should i go for an eighteen months full time master program to supplement my 2.2 or take this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to go hustle for myself abroad..??

which is better??

matured advice needed with experiences...
how did you made it to the top on your own especially when you started from the rock bottom??

Mods please help a brother get to canaanland by doing the needful

@OP...did you go to UNN?
Re: Advice Needed:a Masters Degree To Aid My 2.2 Or A Life-changing Trip To Italy? by rakumiii(m): 11:57am On Nov 28, 2015
erico2k2:

Ok I would have liked to use myself as case sturdy but that wont be fare so I will use the average.All hustling in the eyes of the law would be illegal ,I don't mean as in 419 or selling narcotics, it might involve working in the black market ie no papers or borrowed papers.Yes if you are 23 years then you can hustle for 5 years with self discipline.Thats for a man who knows where they are coming from and where they are going.
I make an example.Two brother hustled in 9ja and saved up and traveled to the UK, rented a big room for £510 a month for two fo them this included al Bills.the both working for a building/construction firm and are doing the london cross rail project, this is going on for 7 years..They earn £9/hr work Mon-sat. thier take home is £1850 after tax, they save £2000 monthly between them and send back to 9ja.Aprox (N700k)

I get you point and I am so proud of those 2 guys anywhere in the world doing what they do and would definitely not knock their hustle...... In the case of Italy, there is the first issue of language barrier so working in a building/construction company might not be possible to start with.... Things are very hard for foreigners in Europe these days.... The things we could get away with in 1998 or even 2008 is almost impossible to do in 2015.... typically, what I have seen is that a 23yrs old guy who firsts gets to Europe will be very open and willing to do any kind of work... but after a few months or a year, because he has made some friends and knows his way around, he would look down at that particular job as something degrading..... not to talk of being stuck there for 5years...

Also remember that just because a person doesnt
Re: Advice Needed:a Masters Degree To Aid My 2.2 Or A Life-changing Trip To Italy? by adren(m): 11:59am On Nov 28, 2015
ABEngine:
I must advise any Nigerian youth who thinks the world out here is painted in riches to understand that every country is riddled with its unique challenge.

Unemployment is also an European problem, infact is a global issue with each state hosting a percentage of this scourge.

I only have a problem with the "life changing" clause as you have employed in your write up above.

There is no such thing as "make it big" here. People who board planes to go do menial jobs should actually consider net benefits before embarking on such trips except of course you have conclusively chosen to indulge in illegal activities. I bet you don't know how many nigerians are rotting in Italian jails and how many more are roaming the streets.

Lets come to fact with this, if you however choose to study, then there are likely chances of doing same at no damning cost. There are a host of scholarships that are available with accommodation inclusive, these could be coupled with part time jobs too if you so desire but trust me you must be able to break through the language barrier to work.

Furthermore, there are cases you may need to show rigorous commitment to the academic course to benefit from certain other kinds of scholarship. I'm a nutshell prepare to study even harder this time.

You can get a masters here and less probably a job but you may be getting as big as the picture you paint.

you sound deep-rooted in the 'business'..
if i may, i need more guidance from you as regards scholarships, work and study abroad...
Re: Advice Needed:a Masters Degree To Aid My 2.2 Or A Life-changing Trip To Italy? by adren(m): 12:00pm On Nov 28, 2015
bigfrancis21:

@OP...did you go to UNN?
No sir!! Federal university of technology, akure..
Re: Advice Needed:a Masters Degree To Aid My 2.2 Or A Life-changing Trip To Italy? by frenchboy(m): 12:02pm On Nov 28, 2015
Even 2:1 self still dey look for work,wat do u want ond and hnd to do,what if u did nt go to school,wont u live

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed:a Masters Degree To Aid My 2.2 Or A Life-changing Trip To Italy? by Chubhie: 12:02pm On Nov 28, 2015
adren:

unfortunately, he was calles home by 'jazz' to come and marry..

he's not my blood uncle... i only adopted him and have been learning from him ever since we met in my neighbourhood..

sadly, he's still not married.. one of his greatest regret is not buying a 'to and fro' ticket before coming home...

now, he cant go back due to lack of funds .. his family members whom were his bank back here exploited and decieved him.. he has no shishi...

however, he is a nice man.. twice my age but takes me like i am his best friend.. i am hoping he returns soon coz he has cliques and networks over there..
He will get his groove back and hopefully apply the lessons he has learnt.

I must tell you tis very difficult settling and hustling in a new country you know nobody. If you are to attempt this risk let it be a well calculated one.

Your best bet is to source for a full scholarship and option to work.
Re: Advice Needed:a Masters Degree To Aid My 2.2 Or A Life-changing Trip To Italy? by adren(m): 12:04pm On Nov 28, 2015
Chubhie:
He will get his groove back and hopefully apply the lessons he has learnt.

I must tell you tis very difficult settling and hustling in a new country you know nobody. If you are to attempt this risk let it be a well calculated one.

Your best bet is to source for a full scholarship and option to work.

noted.. you have been helpful

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

What The Most Suitable Proffession For A Married Woman? / Which Business Can I Do Online That Will Increase ₦150k To ₦500k Within 6 Months / What I Have Learnt As A Woman In Real Estate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.