Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,905 members, 7,802,934 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:12 AM

|**|NL-King-Of-Poet[2015]=Group Stage/Fixtures|**| - Rap Battles (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Rap Battles / |**|NL-King-Of-Poet[2015]=Group Stage/Fixtures|**| (4435 Views)

|**|NL-King-Of-Poet[2015]=Quarter-Final Fixtures|**| / |**|NL-King-Of-Poet[2015]-Group F- Giyazz Vs Pdizzle|**| / The Kings Tourney 2015 Group Stage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: |**|NL-King-Of-Poet[2015]=Group Stage/Fixtures|**| by kr0ne(m): 9:54am On Nov 29, 2015
Jason21:
stfu..beetch! i have the right to ask questions.....it's none o ya forkin business!....and ur plans to fail me like u did last year ain't gonna work.....just mind ur own, pls
One golden topical rule is "do no diss your opponent", plain and simple; but you violated it and had to be kicked out.
Re: |**|NL-King-Of-Poet[2015]=Group Stage/Fixtures|**| by kr0ne(m): 9:59am On Nov 29, 2015
Jason21:
he's a hater.......he's never won me in topical before............so i know where the jealousy is comin from
I'm not hating, neither am I jealous. And did you say I've never won you before in a topical battle? Well, you have Nik and your other cronies to thank for that. But don't forget you've been jacking my style for ages, son. wink
Re: |**|NL-King-Of-Poet[2015]=Group Stage/Fixtures|**| by Jason21(m): 10:01am On Nov 29, 2015
kr0ne:

I'm not hating, neither am I jealous. And did you say I've never won you before in a topical battle? Well, you have Nik and your other cronies to thank for that. But don't forget you've been jacking my style for ages, son. wink
hogwash!
Re: |**|NL-King-Of-Poet[2015]=Group Stage/Fixtures|**| by kr0ne(m): 10:06am On Nov 29, 2015
Jason21:
hogwash!
The sore Barca caused you at the El-Classico is still hurting your soul, so I get where the indirect subliminal is coming from. wink I don dey chop your school money, no be today. Loser. grin
Re: |**|NL-King-Of-Poet[2015]=Group Stage/Fixtures|**| by st3v3nr3x(m): 10:06am On Nov 29, 2015
sinizia:

Ok. 2 more options.

The Gods of Egypt.

This is about the gods of Egypt like Isis, Ra, Horus, Osiris, Set, etc. Rap about their powers, characters, treachery, origins, etc. Take us deep into world of these gods and how they held sway back in the days.

HipHop is Dead.
Here, I want you both to be poetic about rappers like Rakim, Kool G and co that redefined HipHop and make Rap genre a worldwide accepted culture and how idiots like 2chainz and Young Thug are busy killing the game with their wack bars.

Cc: St3v3nr3x.
Roman gods wuld hve been beta........ guess i will jst stick to Hiphop is dead
Re: |**|NL-King-Of-Poet[2015]=Group Stage/Fixtures|**| by Jason21(m): 10:10am On Nov 29, 2015
st3v3nr3x:
we have a conclusion then!.....wednesday is the day....don't forget.

and....er.....kr0ne....go fork urself!
Re: |**|NL-King-Of-Poet[2015]=Group Stage/Fixtures|**| by sinizia: 10:19am On Nov 29, 2015
st3v3nr3x:

Nah. Roman gods is too easy and hackneyed. They've been a cypher on it too earlier this year. Egyptian gods is fresh outta the block. Let's wait for Jason to agree to your choice and we've ourselves a match.
Re: |**|NL-King-Of-Poet[2015]=Group Stage/Fixtures|**| by liricyst(m): 10:22am On Nov 29, 2015
Reyginus:
Love Is My War(War Is My Love)

This poem should simply point out the double standard employed by humans as they advance their daily warfare. In this case, your emphasis should be on the claim to love but the reality and outcome of these claims. You can make Faith/(Religion) and Nations your ally.

The Price of My Blood

This is simply what you are worth as a human being. What's it that can warrant you giving up your life pursuing. Is it fame? Money? People? Anything. Your argument is what matters here and not really the morality of whatever you choose to hold as the most important in your life.

Creation Vs Destruction

Here you compare and contrast between bringing something into existence and taking it out of existence. Again, it's not really about what is right here but how you explain them well and appeal to the reader. You should also explain the balance the two brings. Also if one is allowed to go on, what then? Just give us a good poem.

The Eyes of Seven Blind Men

The mind of a blind man is literally not blind but his eyes. This literal blindness can be taken to connotative/metaphoric heights to symbolize the absence of vision.

But now not in our blind man but in any man. This topic is simply about ignorance. And Seven, in the Spirit Realm, is perfection. You can rephrase our topic to mean: Perfect Ignorance. But then what does this mean? Tell us how deadly this is, what it has done to humans and our relationships with the Ecosystem. I'm not telling you anything about Ozone Depletion. Think up every relationship.

Just give us a good poem. You can ask for clarification after you choose.

Geez the last topic is very deep....it appeals to me but i don't have that time on my hands to be that deep.
So i still pick creation vs destruction.
There's something about it that calls out to me.

However i also want my opponent to be cool with whatever topic we are scripting on.
Re: |**|NL-King-Of-Poet[2015]=Group Stage/Fixtures|**| by sinizia: 10:26am On Nov 29, 2015
Jason21:
I choose hip hop is dead ......now to the criteria.

cc St3v3nr3x ....come acknowledge this

Ok. Here are the crits. . .

Creativity - 2 points
Entertainment (depending on topic) - 2 points
Rhymes - 2 points
Flow - 1 point
Consistency on Topic - 3 points
Emotion (depending on topic) - 2 points
Imagery (depending on topic) - 2 points

I excluded "vocabulary" criteria.
Re: |**|NL-King-Of-Poet[2015]=Group Stage/Fixtures|**| by Rexaxe(m): 3:28pm On Nov 29, 2015
Sir Krone, my Topic!?
Re: |**|NL-King-Of-Poet[2015]=Group Stage/Fixtures|**| by PeinDanzo(m): 5:01pm On Nov 29, 2015
Iceskidd:
peindanzo i choose no.3

I don't like any of the topics, but I'll go with 3 too

1 Like

Re: |**|NL-King-Of-Poet[2015]=Group Stage/Fixtures|**| by Nobody: 5:58pm On Nov 29, 2015
PeinDanzo:

I don't like any of the topics, but I'll go with 3 too

Too bad this is a topical tourney and not a democracy.

1 Like

Re: |**|NL-King-Of-Poet[2015]=Group Stage/Fixtures|**| by Nobody: 6:21pm On Nov 29, 2015
Group E
Iceskidd
PeinDanzo

Topic- Love Letter To Hip Hop

Judging Criteria

Creativity - 2 points

Entertainment - 2 points

Rhymes - 2 points

Flow - 1 point

Emotion - 2 points

Imagery - 2 points

And the maximum number of lines for each verse should be 24Lines ,it shouldn't exceed that..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: |**|NL-King-Of-Poet[2015]=Group Stage/Fixtures|**| by Nobody: 7:47pm On Nov 29, 2015
liricyst:

Geez the last topic is very deep....it appeals to me but i don't have that time on my hands to be that deep.
So i still pick creation vs destruction.
There's something about it that calls out to me.

However i also want my opponent to be cool with whatever topic we are scripting on.
Wow! Bro, that's kinda tough on me o cheesy

If u don't mind 'price of my blood will be better'
Re: |**|NL-King-Of-Poet[2015]=Group Stage/Fixtures|**| by PeinDanzo(m): 8:04pm On Nov 29, 2015
Adanna28:

Too bad this is a topical tourney and not a democracy.

This has nothing to do with my post whatsoever
Re: |**|NL-King-Of-Poet[2015]=Group Stage/Fixtures|**| by oluwagrin(m): 8:19pm On Nov 29, 2015
krone....wahz our topic
Re: |**|NL-King-Of-Poet[2015]=Group Stage/Fixtures|**| by Rexaxe(m): 8:53pm On Nov 29, 2015
Sir Krone, I see you viewing this topic. What's my topic ..
Re: |**|NL-King-Of-Poet[2015]=Group Stage/Fixtures|**| by kr0ne(m): 8:53pm On Nov 29, 2015
oluwagrin:
krone....wahz our topic
Dagrin, Dagrin!! Your battle is on Saturday, next week but I'll have your topic ready by Tuesday.
Re: |**|NL-King-Of-Poet[2015]=Group Stage/Fixtures|**| by Rexaxe(m): 8:54pm On Nov 29, 2015
kr0ne:

Dagrin, Dagrin!! Your battle is on Saturday, next week and I'll have your topic ready by Tuesday.

BOSS!!
Re: |**|NL-King-Of-Poet[2015]=Group Stage/Fixtures|**| by kr0ne(m): 9:27pm On Nov 29, 2015
Rexaxe:

BOSS!!
Na you be oga na.
Your topic is "My Hood."
You're to write about the general life situation in your hood - true story or fictitious, I don't care. The hustings and struggling to become a somebody amid obstacles. You just do your thing your own way. I need you to add some swag in it too.

Criteria
Rhymes - 2
Flow - 1
Creativity - 2
Imagery - 2
Consistency on Topic - 3
Vocabulary - 2

Cc: Heywhizzy.
Re: |**|NL-King-Of-Poet[2015]=Group Stage/Fixtures|**| by Rexaxe(m): 12:19am On Nov 30, 2015
kr0ne:

Na you be oga na.
Your topic is "My Hood."
You're to write about the general life situation in your hood - true story or fictitious, I don't care. The hustings and struggling to become a somebody amid obstacles. You just do your thing your own way. I need you to add some swag in it too.

Criteria

Rhymes - 2
Flow - 1
Creativity - 2
Imagery - 2
Consistency on Topic - 3
Vocabulary - 2

Cc: JigsawKillah.

My opponent is heywizzy oo
Re: |**|NL-King-Of-Poet[2015]=Group Stage/Fixtures|**| by JigsawKillah(m): 4:19am On Nov 30, 2015
Rexaxe:

if kr0ne done dey lick puna he dey even forget him name

1 Like

Re: |**|NL-King-Of-Poet[2015]=Group Stage/Fixtures|**| by oluwagrin(m): 9:31am On Nov 30, 2015
oga krone whrs our topic
Re: |**|NL-King-Of-Poet[2015]=Group Stage/Fixtures|**| by oluwagrin(m): 9:36am On Nov 30, 2015
oga krone ma name is nuh dagrin...call me EMIGRIN,OLUWAGRIN OR RAPcat..aiit,thank you sir...
Re: |**|NL-King-Of-Poet[2015]=Group Stage/Fixtures|**| by Rexaxe(m): 10:22am On Nov 30, 2015
JigsawKillah:

if kr0ne done dey lick puna he dey even forget him name

LMFAO
Re: |**|NL-King-Of-Poet[2015]=Group Stage/Fixtures|**| by Nobody: 12:36pm On Nov 30, 2015
Group D : Liricyst Versus MuhdG

Topic: Creation Versus Destruction

Here you compare and contrast between bringing
something into existence and taking it out of
existence. Again, it's not really about what is
right here but how you explain them well and
appeal to the reader. You should also explain the
balance the two brings. Also if one is allowed to
go on without the other what then is our fate? Just give us a good poem.

Creativity - 2 points

Entertainment(Enjoyability) - 2 points

Rhymes - 2 points

Flow - 1 point

Vocabulary - 2 points (depending on topic) - 2 points

Emotion - 2 points

Imagery - 2 points

I will create your thread on Wednesday. You post on Thurday. Tell me if you see anything wrong with the above or you want to ask any question.
Re: |**|NL-King-Of-Poet[2015]=Group Stage/Fixtures|**| by kr0ne(m): 1:00pm On Nov 30, 2015
Rexaxe:

Sorry for the oversight. I've edited it.
Re: |**|NL-King-Of-Poet[2015]=Group Stage/Fixtures|**| by liricyst(m): 5:52pm On Nov 30, 2015
MuhdG:

Wow! Bro, that's kinda tough on me o cheesy

If u don't mind 'price of my blood will be better'

Lmao!
That's the topic i even dislike outta all of them.

Seems you don't like mine
And i def do not like yours...
We can agree on the which of the remaining two to script on
Re: |**|NL-King-Of-Poet[2015]=Group Stage/Fixtures|**| by Nobody: 6:18pm On Nov 30, 2015
liricyst:

Lmao!
That's the topic i even dislike outta all of them.

Seems you don't like mine
And i def do not like yours...
We can agree on the which of the remaining two to script on
Lol. It's okay bro.

Let's go with yours
Re: |**|NL-King-Of-Poet[2015]=Group Stage/Fixtures|**| by Nobody: 7:43pm On Nov 30, 2015
What are they planning behind my back? A coup?
Re: |**|NL-King-Of-Poet[2015]=Group Stage/Fixtures|**| by Pdizzle(m): 11:36pm On Nov 30, 2015
guykhena?
Re: |**|NL-King-Of-Poet[2015]=Group Stage/Fixtures|**| by JigsawKillah(m): 6:52am On Dec 01, 2015
Kr0ne. . . Where the topic?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

\**/ Fire Fight I: Guykhena Vs Jigsawkillah \**/ / 2015 Nairaland Massacre O4ka Vs Giyazz Return Of The Battle Legend / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.