Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,851 members, 7,802,727 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:07 PM

Children From Broken Home Tend To Love Their Parent Less??? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Children From Broken Home Tend To Love Their Parent Less??? (1320 Views)

60% Of Married Women Don’t Love Their Husbands- Lady Says, See Response / Twin Sisters Dedicate Children From One Husband In Akwa Ibom. Photos / Why Do Most People Love Their Mother More Than Father? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Children From Broken Home Tend To Love Their Parent Less??? by priest2u(m): 4:04pm On Nov 28, 2015
From observation it looks like if you are from a broken home you will tend to grow up with resentment for either or both of your parent . For me I tend to have a resentment for my mum for not making the sacrifice for the family to be one . She didnt do her best and refuse to reconcile with my dad . I have forgiven her but I just do not love my mum as I would have love to and the loving feeling just come as a duty . I know several people with similar experience . If you are from a broken home please share your experience .

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Children From Broken Home Tend To Love Their Parent Less??? by Ezedon(m): 4:11pm On Nov 28, 2015
Since money answereth all things , when you are unable to provide for your children, they won't love you

1 Like

Re: Children From Broken Home Tend To Love Their Parent Less??? by MRBrownJ: 4:28pm On Nov 28, 2015
Ezedon:
Since money answereth , when you are enable to provide for your children, they won't love you

what does LOVE got to do with MONEY in the eyes of a child?!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Children From Broken Home Tend To Love Their Parent Less??? by hahn(m): 4:35pm On Nov 28, 2015
priest2u, you don't have to take it out on your mom. Life happens to everyone and you need to be understand the options she had that led to the choices she made. I'd advice you find it in your heart to forgive your mom and love her, after all, not everyone still has a mom.

Like Bill Gates said, "it's not your fault if you were born poor but it's your fault if you die poor". Learn from the mistakes your parents made and move on with your own life. You don't have any right to judge their decisions because you still have lots of decisions and mistakes to make while living your own life.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Children From Broken Home Tend To Love Their Parent Less??? by Dyt(f): 5:33pm On Nov 28, 2015
Nope
I love my mum crazy
So do I love my dad
Mum never created any impression to hate my dad
She didn't even tell me all that happened but I found out and I loved her even more
For a mother to go through such and still say to you love your father and take care of him
I have the best mum ever

So you blaming your mum for not making it work?
Well I can't judge you
You got your reasons
Good luck

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Children From Broken Home Tend To Love Their Parent Less??? by Nobody: 7:59am On Nov 29, 2015
priest2u:
From observation it looks like if you are from a broken home you will tend to grow up with resentment for either or both of your parent . For me I tend to have a resentment for my mum for not making the sacrifice for the family to be one . She didnt do her best and refuse to reconcile with my dad . I have forgiven her but I just do not love my mum as I would have love to and the loving feeling just come as a duty . I know several people with similar experience . If you are from a broken home please share your experience .
don't blame ur mum. Sometimes divorce is the best option for some couples.
Yeah it's true depending on which of the parents raised one and hoW.
I'm gradually learning to love both But I don't havhate them at all.

1 Like

Re: Children From Broken Home Tend To Love Their Parent Less??? by Exponental(m): 10:02am On Nov 30, 2015
Would you have preferred she's dead long ago?
Her decisions could be justified and I want you to believe it was made because of her children.
Hatred is not worth it. Love her for her role in your life. Have you ever lived with a pregnant woman before, it is hell for some, for that reason alone, pls stop hating her. Pardon her mistakes and ensure you don't repeat it either as a man or woman.
If you still have her, appreciate her. Some of us never had ours for long.

1 Like

Re: Children From Broken Home Tend To Love Their Parent Less??? by Wenebadu(f): 10:54am On Nov 30, 2015
Why is it that women are always blamed in most broken homes

1 Like

Re: Children From Broken Home Tend To Love Their Parent Less??? by Ginaz(f): 12:25pm On Nov 30, 2015
for me I hate my father with such passion that burns my heart whenever I hears his name. we haven't seen eye to eye for four years now and only talked on rare occasions not up to 4 minutes.

I dont have his number and I careless. what he did to me emotionally can never be undone. Never! I dont even wanna see him for the next 50 years!

2 Likes

Re: Children From Broken Home Tend To Love Their Parent Less??? by eyinjuege: 1:12pm On Nov 30, 2015
Ginaz:
for me I hate my father with such passion that burns my heart whenever I hears his name. we haven't seen eye to eye for four years now and only talked on rare occasions not up to 4 minutes.

I dont have his number and I careless. what he did to me emotionally can never be undone. Never! I dont even wanna see him for the next 50 years!

" I think the first step to understand is that forgiveness does not exonerate the perpetrator. Forgiveness liberates the victim. It's a gift you give yourself. "........ Bishop T.D Jakes

2 Likes

Re: Children From Broken Home Tend To Love Their Parent Less??? by temibobo(f): 2:53pm On Nov 30, 2015
Did it never occur to you that you are clueless on the reason(s) why your mother refused to reconcile with your dad? Or that you only know part of it. Sacrificing everything just to be a "normal" family and make everything look good on the outside, yet dying inside, is showing off the wrong example for your kids anyways. A mother is more than a sacrificial goat, we are human. Yes we make mistakes, and the kids we try to raise dont come with a manual either ;-)

My personal experience,my parents stayed together till i was 23, unfortunately their relation went to the extend of praying that one of them wouldnt wake up in the morning. It would have been better if they parted ways many years ago and made a life for themselves that was fullfilling, instead of taking out their frustration and resentment on their kids.

Just my 2 cents.

3 Likes

Re: Children From Broken Home Tend To Love Their Parent Less??? by thorpido(m): 3:18pm On Nov 30, 2015
Well sometimes break up might be inevitable especially where it could lead to permanent damage on the part of one of the couple.However,if one person leaves the marriage,he or she still has to play his/her role in the growth of the child.
A father or mother who abandons the children has failed and is not without blame.
Re: Children From Broken Home Tend To Love Their Parent Less??? by SAMBARRY: 4:11pm On Nov 30, 2015
MRBrownJ:

what does LOVE got to do with MONEY in the eyes of a child?!
I just taya.as if its a prostitute /client kind of relationship and not mother /son
Re: Children From Broken Home Tend To Love Their Parent Less??? by SAMBARRY: 4:14pm On Nov 30, 2015
Ginaz:

haaa small small o shocked

This world is for a short while lipsrsealed
Re: Children From Broken Home Tend To Love Their Parent Less??? by MRBrownJ: 7:02pm On Nov 30, 2015
SAMBARRY:
I just taya.as if its a prostitute /client kind of relationship and not mother /son

sadly, we all know too well that a lot of people today foolishly value love for their parents down to how much they have spent in their lives. as if being poor was a crime.
Re: Children From Broken Home Tend To Love Their Parent Less??? by Winneygirl(f): 8:15pm On Nov 30, 2015
Just need to let go and build a life for yourself...
There is no broken home without the heartaches.
The fact remains that, as the child, you are not to blame for anything, you will almost never hear the truth of what led to the break up. Only each parents side of the story.
I know that my parents break up is not my life's story.
It's theirs.
The question is, what is my life's story?

1 Like

Re: Children From Broken Home Tend To Love Their Parent Less??? by gidjah(m): 8:26pm On Nov 30, 2015
YOU CANT GIVE WHAT U DO NOT HAVE NA!,parents never planted love in dem, where do u expect the seed of true love to germinate from(though some cases can be different sha)
Re: Children From Broken Home Tend To Love Their Parent Less??? by SAMBARRY: 9:16pm On Nov 30, 2015
grin grin

In Nigeria it is actually grin
MRBrownJ:

sadly, we all know too well that a lot of people today foolishly value love for their parents down to how much they have spent in their lives. as if being poor was a crime.
Re: Children From Broken Home Tend To Love Their Parent Less??? by Exceed15: 4:52pm On May 30, 2023
Dyt:
Nope
I love my mum crazy
So do I love my dad
Mum never created any impression to hate my dad
She didn't even tell me all that happened but I found out and I loved her even more
For a mother to go through such and still say to you love your father and take care of him
I have the best mum ever

So you blaming your mum for not making it work?
Well I can't judge you
You got your reasons
Good luck

What a wise mother you have. She understands the psychological damage she might cause you if she poisoned your mind against your father. May God bless her.
Re: Children From Broken Home Tend To Love Their Parent Less??? by Kobojunkie: 5:39pm On May 30, 2023
priest2u:
OP, I doubt Osinachi's children are happy even to this day that their parents didn't break up before it all ended tragically for their mum. Their home was not "broken" at all but I am certain they resent their mother and father for that — not breaking up when it could have been for the best. undecided

(1) (Reply)

Crazy World: Man Who Used To Be A Woman pregnated By Woman Who used to be a man / Sex During Fasting As Couple.....wise Or Unwise? / How Many Times Should Married Couples Have Sex Weekly?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.