Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,041 members, 7,807,124 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:55 AM

He Lost His Chance Of Getting The Job Because Of Pierced Ears - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / He Lost His Chance Of Getting The Job Because Of Pierced Ears (29822 Views)

Italian Girl Refused Job Because She Has A Nigerian Fiance / How I Lost A Job Because Of A Customised Facebook Name / I Refused A 200k Per Month Job Because I Cannot Work Under A Woman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: He Lost His Chance Of Getting The Job Because Of Pierced Ears by tabisegroup(m): 10:13am On Nov 29, 2015

2 Likes

Re: He Lost His Chance Of Getting The Job Because Of Pierced Ears by M4gunners: 10:14am On Nov 29, 2015
Your boss is an he-diot.Just because of that?This is why Nigeria is not moving forward. Now someone who has no knowledge of the job will get it.Watch the Russian,Americans who goes to moon and see how they look like.
If you try this in western world as a boss,you are finished. They like Americann , but won't accept the important parts of them.

7 Likes

Re: He Lost His Chance Of Getting The Job Because Of Pierced Ears by LatestTrend: 10:14am On Nov 29, 2015
Mumu...stop comparing america to Nigeria by feeding on every shiiit america do. Those over there will never copy our style.
Atmmachine:
Bullshit.
Just stop lying.
I pierced my ears.
I have visible tattoos all over my body.
Why do i have a good paying office job ??

You need to see how many tattoos the police guys do have on their bodies here in New York.
Why were they hired ??

6 Likes

Re: He Lost His Chance Of Getting The Job Because Of Pierced Ears by ichommy(m): 10:14am On Nov 29, 2015
This one Strong gan
Re: He Lost His Chance Of Getting The Job Because Of Pierced Ears by Nobody: 10:15am On Nov 29, 2015
failure at the edge of breakthrough
Re: He Lost His Chance Of Getting The Job Because Of Pierced Ears by lumzybo: 10:15am On Nov 29, 2015
panachuku:
That is rubbish, i know an AGM of the same bank who used to be a bad boy during his undergrad days in USA with piercings also. Was also interviewed by d pensions arm of the bank sometin ago- d hr lady had a big tattoo on her leg. Looking responsible doesnt mean one is responsible. I pray for this country to have sense one day grin

@ the bolded, u av to be exceptionally good 4 you to be considered. Ur employer will then look beyond ur physical appearance and consider what myt happen if a rival company get hold of u.

I guess this only happens like 1 out of 100

Like somebody said, "think b4 u act"

Happy sunday

4 Likes

Re: He Lost His Chance Of Getting The Job Because Of Pierced Ears by saintfizzo(m): 10:16am On Nov 29, 2015
This happens only in areas where superstition rules, reading meanings to every frivolous and youthful exploits, whoever they employ much likely will be less intelligent, and my entertainment guy will hopefully start an entertainment outfit and cash-in, while the bank struggles with the mediocre-no tattoo-no piercing worker.... bank's loss on the long run grin

3 Likes

Re: He Lost His Chance Of Getting The Job Because Of Pierced Ears by Nobody: 10:17am On Nov 29, 2015
Don't judge a book by its cover, speaking from experience

1 Like

Re: He Lost His Chance Of Getting The Job Because Of Pierced Ears by schumastic(m): 10:18am On Nov 29, 2015
the lady got it all wrong...if she had said the standard of the org can't accept tattoos n pierced body part s understandable...saying u don't trust such peeps cus of Ur funds s rubbish to me cus d las time I checked, most people stealing both government funds n that of companies don't have their body pierced or tattoed....irony of life s that her kids may v tattoos n piercing on their body and she won't say anything...

6 Likes

Re: He Lost His Chance Of Getting The Job Because Of Pierced Ears by LatestTrend: 10:18am On Nov 29, 2015
Serves him right. Why did you pierce your body in a country like Nigeria ? Better to employ another well-dressed handsome man. tongue
SillyeRabbit:
angry
Re: He Lost His Chance Of Getting The Job Because Of Pierced Ears by ikaboy: 10:19am On Nov 29, 2015
Serves him right. It took God's intervention I would have fired one of my staff whom I just confirmed his smoking habit in the mornings before official resumption time. The fact that he stinks of cigarette odour every morning got me pissed.
Re: He Lost His Chance Of Getting The Job Because Of Pierced Ears by AZeD1(m): 10:19am On Nov 29, 2015
The guy should thank his stars. Nothing good can come out of a company still stuck in the 17th century.

For the youths out there, be good at what you do. All this rules don't apply if you are good at what you do.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: He Lost His Chance Of Getting The Job Because Of Pierced Ears by Aarenasbaba(m): 10:22am On Nov 29, 2015
Ur appearance speaks who you are...
Next time u re going for interview,use super glue to correct it
Re: He Lost His Chance Of Getting The Job Because Of Pierced Ears by 2sex(m): 10:28am On Nov 29, 2015
onihaxy:
i was in the office yesterday when i saw alot of people who came for an interview as my working place was recruiting temporary staffs for a project. fortunately, my boss was one of interviewing panel. At the end of the interview, i overheard him in his office discussing with another man who is also a senior staff.

MY BOSS: one guy lost his chance of getting the offer today.

OTHER MAN: what happened?

MY BOSS: he answered questions intelligently, but Mrs Tosin noticed that he had holes pierced on his two ears and she asked him about the holes.

OTHER MAN: what was he response?.

MY BOSS: he was beating around the bush by saying he was once into entertainment before he decided to change his career. but when he left the office, we all agreed and decided that he won't get the job because he doesn't appear to be responsible with the holes on his ears. so, we can't trust him with the bank's funds.

I was so sad on hearing this and I felt like crying for the young man even though I didn't know him. To all the youths out there, please always think twice before your Pierce those ears and draw those tattoos because I have also seen someone who was dropped at interview stage because of a tattoo on her neck. thanks.

Cc lalasticlala
You see? This is the hight of backwardness in Nigeria. Your boss or whoever refused him that job are completely stupid. In developed worlds, you see guys that are heavily tattooed get mouth watering jobs. is it the tattoo or the guy that will do the job and you say he answered the questions intelligently... Then the HR of that company are not intelligent at all. FOOLISH FOOLS IN A FOOLISH COUNTRY...

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: He Lost His Chance Of Getting The Job Because Of Pierced Ears by Gabaleve(m): 10:28am On Nov 29, 2015
Atmmachine:
Bullshit.
Just stop lying.
I pierced my ears.

You need to see how many tattoos the police guys do have on their bodies here in New York.
Why were they hired ??
9ja isnt US

2 Likes

Re: He Lost His Chance Of Getting The Job Because Of Pierced Ears by hahn(m): 10:28am On Nov 29, 2015
Atmmachine:
Bullshit.
Just stop lying.
I pierced my ears.

Why were they hired ??

This is a Nigerian story undecided

6 Likes

Re: He Lost His Chance Of Getting The Job Because Of Pierced Ears by twin86ark(m): 10:29am On Nov 29, 2015
Dats y u av gat no job..funny right?
Culture differs?
Na my answers for you be that.
Oni ro tongue tongue
Re: He Lost His Chance Of Getting The Job Because Of Pierced Ears by Maxiyke: 10:30am On Nov 29, 2015
[size=16pt][size=16pt]This is not New York. Cultural idiosyncrasies differ.
Respect that.[/size][/size]

Atmmachine:
Bullshit.
Just stop lying.
I pierced my ears.

Why were they hired ??

4 Likes

Re: He Lost His Chance Of Getting The Job Because Of Pierced Ears by fromnigeria(m): 10:30am On Nov 29, 2015
[s]
chocolateme:
Nnaa mehn.. sad
But those piercings Can't be that obvious for that judgement on him, what if the find a guy with complete looks and he ends up becoming the untrustworthy person for handling their funds. Anyway, that guy should pray harder against village witches and wizards that came to town.
His turn shall come shaa.
[/s]
Who is bewitching who? Mtcheeew
Re: He Lost His Chance Of Getting The Job Because Of Pierced Ears by otiigba1(m): 10:30am On Nov 29, 2015
chocolateme:
Nnaa mehn.. sad
But those piercings Can't be that obvious for that judgement on him, what if the find a guy with complete looks and he ends up becoming the untrustworthy person for handling their funds. Anyway, that guy should pray harder against village witches and wizards that came to town.
His turn shall come shaa.
I agreed until you mentioned witches and wizards from the village, it was unfortunate for him not getting the job, but witches and wizards? Come on! What if some one else employs him the same day? does that mean the witches has gone back by bus to the village? Just asking o!

5 Likes

Re: He Lost His Chance Of Getting The Job Because Of Pierced Ears by mikolo80: 10:33am On Nov 29, 2015
because everyone that applied has tattoos so they don't have choice

this is Nigeria not new york

they say when in Rome...
Re: He Lost His Chance Of Getting The Job Because Of Pierced Ears by fromnigeria(m): 10:34am On Nov 29, 2015
[s]
panachuku:
That is rubbish, i know an AGM of the same bank who used to be a bad boy during his undergrad days in USA with piercings also. Was also interviewed by d pensions arm of the bank sometin ago- d hr lady had a big tattoo on her leg. Looking responsible doesnt mean one is responsible. I pray for this country to have sense one day grin
[/s]
Do you know what tatoo on someone tells about that person?

1 Like

Re: He Lost His Chance Of Getting The Job Because Of Pierced Ears by mikolo80: 10:34am On Nov 29, 2015
dominique:
People have defrauded their companies, almost wrecked their companies as a result of incompetence. I can bet anything that these people don't have pierced ears or tattoos or whatnot. One's outward appearance does not always represent what he's capable of doing but a lot of over zealous religious hypocrites can't see beyond that. As long as the young man gave satisfactory answers during the interview, he should have been hired on a probationary basis.

as they say, dress the way you want to be addressed
their company, their rules

1 Like

Re: He Lost His Chance Of Getting The Job Because Of Pierced Ears by Aitee1: 10:35am On Nov 29, 2015
That's not the best way to judge someone, tomorrow now if he steals they'll be the first to tag him lazy angry

End time boss!

2 Likes

Re: He Lost His Chance Of Getting The Job Because Of Pierced Ears by fromnigeria(m): 10:36am On Nov 29, 2015
[s]
panachuku:
[/s]
Do you know what tatoo on someone tells about that person?
Re: He Lost His Chance Of Getting The Job Because Of Pierced Ears by 9jageekz(m): 10:38am On Nov 29, 2015
in a case like this! with tatoo. u must be selfmade...
Re: He Lost His Chance Of Getting The Job Because Of Pierced Ears by fromnigeria(m): 10:39am On Nov 29, 2015
[s]
Atmmachine:
Bullshit.
Just stop lying.
I pierced my ears.

Why were they hired ??
[/s]
In NY, not in Nigeria. We are different, we have our values and culture.

3 Likes

Re: He Lost His Chance Of Getting The Job Because Of Pierced Ears by Nobody: 10:41am On Nov 29, 2015
onihaxy:
i was in the office yesterday when i saw alot of people who came for an interview as my working place was recruiting temporary staffs for a project. fortunately, my boss was one of interviewing panel. At the end of the interview, i overheard him in his office discussing with another man who is also a senior staff.

MY BOSS: one guy lost his chance of getting the offer today.

OTHER MAN: what happened?

MY BOSS: he answered questions intelligently, but Mrs Tosin noticed that he had holes pierced on his two ears and she asked him about the holes.

OTHER MAN: what was he response?.

MY BOSS: he was beating around the bush by saying he was once into entertainment before he decided to change his career. but when he left the office, we all agreed and decided that he won't get the job because he doesn't appear to be responsible with the holes on his ears. so, we can't trust him with the bank's funds.

I was so sad on hearing this and I felt like crying for the young man even though I didn't know him. To all the youths out there, please always think twice before your Pierce those ears and draw those tattoos because I have also seen someone who was dropped at interview stage because of a tattoo on her neck. thanks.

Cc lalasticlala

If you want to do good, find the man and tel him his faith

People like your boss need to go to hell

Disclaimer: I do not support piercing nor tattoos but my experience have taught me that looks can be deceiving

2 Likes

Re: He Lost His Chance Of Getting The Job Because Of Pierced Ears by Nobody: 10:42am On Nov 29, 2015
Piercings is not a big deal. Will it affect his performance in the company? Nigerians and their twisted definition of morals.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: He Lost His Chance Of Getting The Job Because Of Pierced Ears by otiigba1(m): 10:42am On Nov 29, 2015
LatestTrend:
Mumu...stop comparing america to Nigeria by feeding on every shiiit america do. Those over there will never copy our style.
i don't understand?, who is supposed to be copying who Americans or nigerians? undecided
Re: He Lost His Chance Of Getting The Job Because Of Pierced Ears by otiigba1(m): 10:43am On Nov 29, 2015
LatestTrend:
i don't understand?, who supposed to be copying who Americans or nigerians? undecided
Re: He Lost His Chance Of Getting The Job Because Of Pierced Ears by Aitee1: 10:43am On Nov 29, 2015
ikaboy:
Serves him right. It took God's intervention I would have fired one of my staff whom I just confirmed his smoking habit in the mornings before official resumption time. The fact that he stinks of cigarette odour every morning got me pissed.

Don't fire him oh he might be the bread winner in their family, no jobs already y'all are laying off the few employed cry cry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Zenith Bank Test Format? / Trick To Download Your N-power PPA Letter / Is This A Scam ??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.