Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,865 members, 7,802,778 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:22 PM

Mrs Farida On Channels - Indicts Nuru Ribadu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mrs Farida On Channels - Indicts Nuru Ribadu (2488 Views)

Nigerians React To Martin Onovo's Interview On Channels Today - Video / Ministerial Screening: Fashola Indicts Himself Before The Senate / Rivers Panel Of Inquiry Indicts Former Governor Amaechi, Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mrs Farida On Channels - Indicts Nuru Ribadu by wirinet(m): 9:15am On May 27, 2009
Efcc chairman, Mrs Farida was on Channels this morning and the summary of her submissions are as follows;

1. That records of asserts and money collected from Tafa Balogun, Alams and others cannot be found, so nobody can trace them. She said she asked her immediate predecessor Mr. Lamode about them and he said he does not have the records. She said she had been trying to get the records from Ribadu since she assumed office, but Ribadu had not been forthcoming, instead he has taken the EFCC to court over the issue, the voluntarily withdrew the case.

So can Ribadu's Fans help him out and tell us where the asserts and monies are.

2. On the allegation that EFCC had not been able to Secure any conviction since she assumed office, She said EFCC is only empowered to investigate and prosecute. The job of conviction belongs to the judiciary and so the question should be directed at the Judiciary. She says the defense lawyers and the judiciary stalls and frustrate their cases. The court grants bail to the suspects immediately they are arraigned, then the lawyer challenges the jurisdiction of the court (high court) to hear the case and then further on go and secure a perceptual injunction, stopping further arrest and investigation of the suspect. The jurisdiction case would then go from the high court to the appeal court and even to the supreme court. All these can take 6 - 10 yrs and the case had not even began. The suspect would be enjoying his loot and traveling the world all these time. She said she has been trying to enlist the support of the NBA and National Judicial Council to stop all these nonsense.

So you can see that Ribadu was able to secure questionable conviction (because non of the convictions resulted in actual prison terms as they were in detention for the trial period) because OBJ allowed him to use unconstitutional means.

On the corruption charges against her by saying that she was staying in a small cubicle before her appointment and it became inadequate after she became EFCC chairman as the cubicle could not even accommodate a small desk. She now went on to say she paid N5,000,000 deposit for the house, and that after working in the police for over 35 yrs, she should be in a position to afford the N5,000,000.

I noticed a contradiction in that statement because if she had N5,000,000 in her account before she became the boss at EFCC, she would not be living in a cubicle. That said, I do not want to judge her now, the whole truth about the Abuja house and others will be exposed by her successor, once she is no longer EFCC chairman, as is always the case.

So over to Ribadu's fans
Re: Mrs Farida On Channels - Indicts Nuru Ribadu by Nobody: 9:18am On May 27, 2009
I think you should start by providing the video showing Waziri saying this
Re: Mrs Farida On Channels - Indicts Nuru Ribadu by wirinet(m): 9:24am On May 27, 2009
mikeansy,

I told you i watched an interview on channels a few minutes ago and you asked me for video showing the things Farida said, it think that is beyond logic. If you want the video, i think the logical thing to do is to get in touch with channels TV.
Re: Mrs Farida On Channels - Indicts Nuru Ribadu by Nobody: 9:41am On May 27, 2009
so how do you hope to get fans of Ribadu to provide defence based on here say

when you have a video record produce it

otherwise this thread is dead on arrival
Re: Mrs Farida On Channels - Indicts Nuru Ribadu by FrankC3: 9:44am On May 27, 2009
I keep wondering whether this Ribadu issue is about being a fan or standing for common sense and logic. She is the EFCC chairman and has the structure in place to trace the money to wherever Ribadu might have hidden it. Ribadu would have done same in two weeks!
Re: Mrs Farida On Channels - Indicts Nuru Ribadu by Nobody: 10:09am On May 27, 2009
Leave all these people rooting for thieves & armed robbers.
Re: Mrs Farida On Channels - Indicts Nuru Ribadu by wirinet(m): 10:30am On May 27, 2009
It is strange that some people can worship Ribadu to the point of being a Religion. Maybe he should start a Religion, I am sure he will have ample followers.

Instead of people responding to the allegations, his acolytes are either in denial or beating around the bush. Can any of you answer what happened to Alams and Tafa loots. If my memory serves me right, Tafa returned about 17 billion naira worth of asserts and cash to the EFCC, and Aloams returned something similar

Was Alams money returned back to where it was looted, that is the Bayelsa state Govt. And was Tafa loot returned back to the Police. Was the money paid into the Federation account, where it will be shared by the three tiers of Govts.

Can Ribadu help us with the information or one of his followers on Niaraland.
Re: Mrs Farida On Channels - Indicts Nuru Ribadu by Nobody: 10:39am On May 27, 2009
wirinet:

It is strange that some people can worship Ribadu to the point of being a Religion. Maybe he should start a Religion, I am sure he will have ample followers.

Instead of people responding to the allegations, his acolytes are either in denial or beating around the bush. Can any of you answer what happened to Alams and Tafa loots. If my memory serves me right, Tafa returned about 17 billion naira worth of asserts and cash to the EFCC, and Aloams returned something similar

Was Alams money returned back to where it was looted, that is the Bayelsa state Govt. And was Tafa loot returned back to the Police. Was the money paid into the Federation account, where it will be shared by the three tiers of Govts.

u don't get

I think u worship lies

U have not even proven that you saw anything on TV let alone like Frank-C said wonder how the EFCC head can not even trail an alleged missing money.

Helloooooo Madam Farida Waziri is the head of Economic and Financial Crimes Commission

she is not the cheerleader of a community or women organisation.

I thought your maddam said they were working with INTERPOL to arrest Ribadu . . . .well he is not in hidding as he addressed the US congress last week. Can't you see that no serious person out there takes the EFCC under Waziri seriously ?
Re: Mrs Farida On Channels - Indicts Nuru Ribadu by Afam(m): 10:53am On May 27, 2009
Ridabu traced looted funds from all corners of Nigeria regardless of the position of the looter.

If the present chair of EFCC cannot trace the money she claims she is looking for then she has no business being in EFCC because Ribadu simply traced looted funds and proceeded to try the looters. He did not go to Channels TV to ask looters to come and show him where they kept the looted funds.

I guess we have gotten used to lies, rumors and misinformation in this country to the extent that insistence on facts, logic and common sense is now becoming an impossible proposition.

The irony of it all is that the person who may be missing the point would be the first to accuse others of doing just that.
Re: Mrs Farida On Channels - Indicts Nuru Ribadu by Nobody: 11:09am On May 27, 2009
wirinet = creativity

Am I right?
Re: Mrs Farida On Channels - Indicts Nuru Ribadu by wirinet(m): 11:15am On May 27, 2009
Afam:

Ridabu traced looted funds from all corners of Nigeria regardless of the position of the looter.

If the present chair of EFCC cannot trace the money she claims she is looking for then she has no business being in EFCC because Ribadu simply traced looted funds and proceeded to try the looters. He did not go to Channels TV to ask looters to come and show him where they kept the looted funds.

I guess we have gotten used to lies, rumors and misinformation in this country to the extent that insistence on facts, logic and common sense is now becoming an impossible proposition.

The irony of it all is that the person who may be missing the point would be the first to accuse others of doing just that.

It is either you are economical with the truth or you do not know how the EFCC operates. EFCC acts on petitions from the public ( political opponents, Media Reports, Civil societies, and even some Judases). EFCC do not have the skills and resources to trace funds round the globe(financial forensic experts). It is even difficult for countries with the necessary tools like US and Britain.

If as you claim that Ribadu is a good financial forensic expert, why was Gov Tinubu(an avid enemy of Ribadu's oga) able to disgrace Ribadu, despite whistle blowers in his cabinet.   What about all other Governors like Nnamani,  Yerima, Akala etc, was he able to trace their loot.

This Ribadu cult is gaining notoriety for spreading falsehood.
Re: Mrs Farida On Channels - Indicts Nuru Ribadu by Afam(m): 11:24am On May 27, 2009
wirinet:

It is either you are economical with the truth or you do not know how the EFCC operates. EFCC acts on petitions from the public ( political opponents, Media Reports, Civil societies, and even some Judases). EFCC do not have the skills and resources to trace funds round the globe(financial forensic experts). It is even difficult for countries with the necessary tools like US and Britain.

If as you claim that Ribadu is a good financial forensic expert, why was Gov Tinubu(an avid enemy of Ribadu's oga) able to disgrace Ribadu, despite whistle blowers in his cabinet.   What about all other Governors like Nnamani,  Yerima, Akala etc, was he able to trace their loot.

This Ribadu cult is gaining notoriety for spreading falsehood.

It is obvious you are completely ignorant of what you are talking about.

EFCC has a mandate to monitor, question or stop any movement of funds especially when there is a reason to do so.

What exactly are the tools you refer to? Name them and we will know if such tools are not readily available to trace cash/cheque deposits in financial institutions.

It is a pity but you need to learn more on issues like this so as to avoid ridiculing yourself on a public forum.

I have never met Ribadu, do not intend to meet him forever but as long as the issue concerns Nigeria and Nigerians (and I am one living in Nigeria) I will do my best to tackle some of the lies and misinformation that people like you have been spreading for so long.

If Nigeria is bad, we well feel the pain.

If Nigeria is good, we will always enjoy.

So we must do away with unnecessary and dangerous mindsets and sentiments that tend to becloud our senses of reasoning just to support our positions regardless of the facts on ground.

Do have a lovely day.

NB: My personal opinion anyway is that the bulk of those claiming Ribadu is bad may have been criminals that the man stopped or frustrated in their criminal acts just as armed robbers would not be happy with police officers that are doing their best to rid the area of armed robbers. Strictly personal opinion.
Re: Mrs Farida On Channels - Indicts Nuru Ribadu by Ibime(m): 11:28am On May 27, 2009
I think they are just trying to smear Ribadu again. This is someone who turned down $15m cash from a sittting Governor. By their fruits we shall know them. Either Waziri 'dissappeared' the files, or her predecessor who was in charge on an interim basis was there on a 'clean-up' mission.
Re: Mrs Farida On Channels - Indicts Nuru Ribadu by Nobody: 11:46am On May 27, 2009
Ibime:

I think they are just trying to smear Ribadu again. This is someone who turned down $15m cash from a sittting Governor. By their fruits we shall know them. Either Waziri 'dissappeared' the files, or her predecessor who was in charge on an interim basis was there on a 'clean-up' mission.

Ibrahim Lamorde was as dedicated as Ribadu

The problem is that between Okiro and Waziri . . . . . one of them stole Tafa's loot. . . . . and when the Police committee in house of Reps probed the loot, that was very much the issue. It looks like they have resolved to blame it on Ribadu . . . . while sharing the money.

If Farida Waziri honestly believes Ribadu stole Tafa's loot . . . . she should produce the evidence and charge Ribadu to court.

She goes about claiming EFCC recovered 50billion without telling u how or who it was recovered from. The last time I checked she has not secured any conviction or arrested anyone with loot . . . . . . all she does is collect bribe.
Re: Mrs Farida On Channels - Indicts Nuru Ribadu by otokx(m): 11:53am On May 27, 2009
some people are stealing loot; na wa o.
Re: Mrs Farida On Channels - Indicts Nuru Ribadu by wirinet(m): 11:54am On May 27, 2009
Afam,

I think you have taken a position and want to defend that position irrespective of contradictions within that position. Like is done with religion.

The fact that EFCC is empowered to monitor, question or stop any movement of funds is not subject to argument, the problem is the how. It is only recently that EFCC is proposing to have a personel in head office of all banks to monitor transfer of fund outside the country. During Ribadu's time the EFCC relied on the bank officials themselves to report huge fund transfer (and you know how effective that was). EFCC did not become aware of Tafa and Alams loot and asserts because of their brilliant monitoring programs, they were caught because someone who felt cheated squealed (like the Ekiti bribe scandal). It is these people that give EFCC the account nos. and address of houses in Nigeria and abroad.

Tracing international funds transfer is a very difficult science, you need powerful computers and sophisticated software and skilled programmers. Even today FBI is having a difficult time tracing fund transfers of terrorist organizations like Al-quaida, which they use to fund their oversee operations. This is because money can be transferred between different account and countries before it is withdrawn in a country with weak banking regulation like Caymans Island. The money trail can became almost untraceable.

I am not a supporter of Mrs Farida as I  feel she has a lot of skeletons in her cupboard (all police personel do). What I am saying is Ribadu was not fighting corruption, but was grandstanding. His being personally corrupt, i cannot say. But he was knee deep in the corruption machinery.
Re: Mrs Farida On Channels - Indicts Nuru Ribadu by desgiezd(m): 12:39pm On May 27, 2009
This woman should sit down and do the job she was given rather than bad-mouthing Ribadu all over town.
Re: Mrs Farida On Channels - Indicts Nuru Ribadu by proudly9ja(m): 12:52pm On May 27, 2009
I think Ribadu's name has become a daily dose for Madam EFCC. If Tafa forfeited house no Bleep on yyy street and it was sold, is it not just straight forward to ask the person who paid for it into what account and what name he paid it into? If he paid it into EFCC account, then they should check their statement of account for withdrawals to know who withdew the money or monies in this case.

Me thinks that madam has appropraited the money accordingly. Infact I don't know why we are disturbing ourselves on NL as regards this woman and even the senate probing the issue. Since the issue was raised weeks ago, have we heard anything again? GMGs have changed hands and elbows have been greased. I have learnt one thing from the Nigerian senate, whenvever a probe is set up, the aim is not to discover the truth, it is to witch hunt somebody and also to blackmail people into paying them bribes. I am sure that has been done in this case. Did we learn nothing from the Elumelu saga?

Case dismissed. Next issue please!
Re: Mrs Farida On Channels - Indicts Nuru Ribadu by desgiezd(m): 12:57pm On May 27, 2009
proudly9ja:

I think Ribadu's name has become a daily dose for Madam EFCC. If Tafa forfeited house no Bleep on yyy street and it was sold, is it not just straight forward to ask the person who paid for it into what account and what name he paid it into? If he paid it into EFCC account, then they should check their statement of account for withdrawals to know who withdew the money or monies in this case.

I guess she wants us to believe that the houses were paid for in cash!!
Re: Mrs Farida On Channels - Indicts Nuru Ribadu by proudly9ja(m): 1:03pm On May 27, 2009
desgiezd:

I guess she wants us to believe that the houses were paid for in cash!!

lol, I doubt she can come say that in public. And even if it was paid for in cash, who collected it? whose name is on the receipt? Because I don't think anyone in his right senses will buy a house probably worth over 10million and not ask for proper documentation?
Re: Mrs Farida On Channels - Indicts Nuru Ribadu by Afam(m): 2:45pm On May 27, 2009
wirinet:

Afam,

I think you have taken a position and want to defend that position irrespective of contradictions within that position. Like is done with religion.

Can you please point out the contradictions?

wirinet:

Tracing international funds transfer is a very difficult science, you need powerful computers and sophisticated software and skilled programmers. Even today FBI is having a difficult time tracing fund transfers of terrorist organizations like Al-quaida, which they use to fund their oversee operations. This is because money can be transferred between different account and countries before it is withdrawn in a country with weak banking regulation like Caymans Island. The money trail can became almost untraceable.

I am not a supporter of Mrs Farida as I  feel she has a lot of skeletons in her cupboard (all police personel do). What I am saying is Ribadu was not fighting corruption, but was grandstanding. His being personally corrupt, i cannot say. But he was knee deep in the corruption machinery.

The content in bold refers, I disagree with the very difficult science part because it is not.

Being able to monitor and/or trace large sums of money is one thing, being able to tie them to individuals or groups is yet another. That the FBI is having problems tracing funds to people fronting for the likes of Al qaeda does not make the process a difficult science.
Re: Mrs Farida On Channels - Indicts Nuru Ribadu by wirinet(m): 3:55pm On May 27, 2009
Afam:

Can you please point out the contradictions?

The content in bold refers, I disagree with the very difficult science part because it is not.

Being able to monitor and/or trace large sums of money is one thing, being able to tie them to individuals or groups is yet another. That the FBI is having problems tracing funds to people fronting for the likes of Al qaeda does not make the process a difficult science.

There goes one of your contradictions again. you said the FBI is having problems tracing funds to people fronting for the likes of Al qaeda but the EFCC should not have problems tracing funds to people fronting for Nigerian looters. Or are you implying that that Nigerian looters steal and transfer money using their names?

proudly9ja:

Me thinks that madam has appropraited the money accordingly. Infact I don't know why we are disturbing ourselves on NL as regards this woman and even the senate probing the issue. Since the issue was raised weeks ago, have we heard anything again? GMGs have changed hands and elbows have been greased. I have learnt one thing from the Nigerian senate, whenvever a probe is set up, the aim is not to discover the truth, it is to witch hunt somebody and also to blackmail people into paying them bribes. I am sure that has been done in this case. Did we learn nothing from the Elumelu saga?

Case dismissed. Next issue please!

Are you saying that it is the Nigerian Senate that has been given the mandate to investigate and try corruption cases in Nigeria? You are implying that if actually there was money looted under Ribadu's EFCC, than madam Farida is not empowered to investigate.

Some people said Madam Farida should just go to the houses sold and ask for receipt from the new owners. That is stupid, we already know that EFCC was mandated to sell the asserts, so naturally the money should be in EFCC accounts. The question should be who withdrew the money from EFCC accounts and where are the files relating to the property and cash. I am not exonerating anybody including madam, what i am saying is that Ribadu owes Nigerians his own side of the story.
Re: Mrs Farida On Channels - Indicts Nuru Ribadu by Afam(m): 4:04pm On May 27, 2009
wirinet:

There goes one of your contradictions again. you said the FBI is having problems tracing funds to people fronting for the likes of Al qaeda but the EFCC should not have problems tracing funds to people fronting for Nigerian looters. Or are you implying that that Nigerian looters steal and transfer money using their names?

I guess you are confused right now.

I believe you were the person that brought in FBI into this topic and my comment concerning FBI was meant to inform you that the inability of FBI to do something right the easy way does not then mean that the EFCC cannot do things the right way. This is just Wednesday.

Maybe you are one of those that believe that Nigerians cannot do anything that foreigners have not attempted or done.

Read through your posts before clicking Repy (Click Once, Then Wait) button.
Re: Mrs Farida On Channels - Indicts Nuru Ribadu by chidichris(m): 4:20pm On May 27, 2009
ribadu shld come and talk to nigerians instead of talking to americans.
let him come and tell us what happened to all the recoverd loots.
i think his administration was based on accountability so why running away from accountability this time?
if i see ribadu, the only question i will ask him is, why was abacha the ex-head of state that was probed by his administration?
Re: Mrs Farida On Channels - Indicts Nuru Ribadu by CyberG: 2:57am On May 28, 2009
Anyone paying attention will easily see that Farida Waziri is acting out a script here. . .more like a drowning man clutching at a straw. She came on Channels to make this allegation more because she, in concert with the machinery of the corrupt federal government, are trying desperately to put a dent on Ribadu so as to take winds out of his sail before his address/participation billed for May 29, 2009 (Democracy Day) at the London Metropolitan University.

I hope Nigerians are looking beyond their nose and not falling for this sucker hook, line and sinker!
Re: Mrs Farida On Channels - Indicts Nuru Ribadu by wirinet(m): 8:30am On May 28, 2009
The quote below credited to Mallam El- Rufai confirm what we have been saying all along that Ribadu was a political tool and was not really fighting corruption.

When this failed to change the combined minds of Obasanjo, Tony Anenih, Ahmadu Ali and Ojo Maduekwe, I came up with another "last resort". I sent people to wake up Nuhu Ribadu, then Chairman of EFCC to help persuade Obasanjo since all else appeared to have failed. It was not until about 5am that Ribadu succeeded in getting Odili off the ticket. The next morning, Governor Goodluck Jonathan was announced as the running mate to Umaru Yar’Adua instead of Peter Odili.

So you can see how Odili suddenly became "corrupt" during the primaries since his name was not originally on the corruption list submitted by Ribadu.
Re: Mrs Farida On Channels - Indicts Nuru Ribadu by Afam(m): 8:45am On May 28, 2009
Why would Odili give up his dream or aspiration just like that if he was not corrupt?

Can you blackmail an innocent man?

Ribadu may have the listening ear of OBJ because Ribadu heads an important agency (EFCC) under that administration.

How these irrelevant issues and diversions are brought up to discredit a man that stood up to the powerful corrupt Nigerians beats my imagination silly.

If Odili felt he needed to run then he did not need to chicken out unless of course he had something to hide.

EFCC was after Odili but Odili got a court order forbidding anyone to try him and the last time I checked EFCC does not control the courts in Nigeria.

Enough of the diversions and misinformation abeg.
Re: Mrs Farida On Channels - Indicts Nuru Ribadu by Sagamite(m): 8:49am On May 28, 2009
wirinet:

mikeansy,

I told you i watched an interview on channels a few minutes ago and you asked me for video showing the things Farida said, it think that is beyond logic. If you want the video, i think the logical thing to do is to get in touch with channels TV.

wirinet:

From the moment I started reading the thread, it did not take me too long to conclude that it is a waste of time to be debating with a slowpoke that makes statements I have highlighted in bold above.

Pure conjectures and sophistry is the foundation of his arguments.
Re: Mrs Farida On Channels - Indicts Nuru Ribadu by CyberG: 8:55am On May 28, 2009
^^^^ You nailed it right!

The poster, apparently, has a set mind and not really looking for open-minded discussion. Anyone who has been paying attention to Nigerian politics and politicians in and out of the country is so on-top of the issues. . .it is difficult to pull wool over their eyes!
Re: Mrs Farida On Channels - Indicts Nuru Ribadu by ikeyman00(m): 8:57am On May 28, 2009
wiri

Instead of people responding to the allegations, his acolytes are either in denial or beating around the bush. Can any of you answer what happened to Alams and Tafa  loots. If my memory serves me right, Tafa returned about 17 billion naira worth of asserts and cash to the EFCC, and Aloams returned something similar

u mean the way oduduwa glamourise their criminals, if anyone is to blame i think its obj!
Re: Mrs Farida On Channels - Indicts Nuru Ribadu by Sagamite(m): 9:18am On May 28, 2009
ikeyman00:

wiri
u mean the way oduduwa glamourise their criminals, if anyone is to blame i think its obj!

AK-47 english, please stop shooting us.

The right english is "it is" or "it's", not "its".

(1) (2) (Reply)

7 Northern States Spent One Billion Naira(1,000,000,000) For Ramadan Feeding. / The Armed Forces, Tacos, Pencom And The Rumbling Threat / Atiku Asks Court To Dismiss Suit Challenging His Waiver

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.