Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,296 members, 7,808,007 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:34 AM

Remote View For CCTV Cameras - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Remote View For CCTV Cameras (2753 Views)

CCTV - Watch Over Your Business, Home, Enviroment Remotely Over Internet-ipad / We Build And Install Remote Controlled Gate / CCTV Best Spy Camera(s) For Sale - Spy Your Environment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Remote View For CCTV Cameras by klems4real: 11:34pm On Nov 28, 2015
Hello gurus in the house, I bring you all greetings.
I want to remotely view my DVR cameras on the internet, but am having some challenges. Here are the details of what I have done so far.

1) DVR is from laview and I have assigned a static IP address of 192.168.1.100
And a default subnet mask of 255.255.255.0 and also disabled the DHCP option on both the DVR and the Router.
2) Went to laview site to register for a free DDNS service which they offer, and got my user name, password and domain name which I entered in the DVR DDNS settings section.
3) My Router is TP link TL-MR3420 with an AIRTEL USB modem plugged to it for internet connectivity. The mode of connection selected is 3G only. And I can Browse the internet through the TP link Router with My laptop. The Router has a LAN IP Address of 192.168.1.1 and a default subnet mask of 255.255.255.0.
4) Port forwarding is done on the Router to open the communication ports of the DVR which are 80, 53777and 58000. This I did by entering the IP address of the DVR 192.168.1.100 and the port number 80. I Repeated the same process but with the next port number until the last one.
5) Went to www.canyouseeme.org to test if the ports are opened. But I got an error message. "Connection refused" while testing for all the ports I opened. Although, I got success logging in to the DVR internally with the local IP address that I assigned. But, I can't access the cameras remotely when I log in from an external network by typing the domain name I earlier created. Please, gurus in the house, how do I proceed from this point? Thanks in anticipation
Re: Remote View For CCTV Cameras by ycomics: 4:27am On Nov 29, 2015
First your port has not be open successfuly that means you need to make sure the port is open , how do you know that until you confirm it is open on www.canyouseeme.org, try to also make sure that those port is add to incoming port on your control panel to solve the issue. Secondly you can't view remotely using laview or any other free or paid DDNS service speaking from experience I have try that it does not work, what actually happen is that most of DDNS provider does not work with our dynamic mobile network here, they only work with foreign mobile network. Solution to that get a Static IP from swift or cobranet. Hope this help
Re: Remote View For CCTV Cameras by klems4real: 8:07am On Nov 29, 2015
Wow. Thanks bro, I really appreciate your contribution. It is so unfortunate that these service providers you mentioned are not in my town yet (Uyo, Akwa Ibom State). Does it mean that I can't work with any of our available GSM internet broadband service providers? I really want the Router and the USB modem connection for convenience. I also want to believe that there should be a way out.
Re: Remote View For CCTV Cameras by khorlynz(m): 9:10am On Nov 29, 2015
@Op, YCOMICS said it all and I don't think there is a way out since you are connecting through Airtel. Spectranet, Swift, etc are those Vendors I have been using.
Re: Remote View For CCTV Cameras by ycomics: 10:51am On Nov 29, 2015
klems4real:
Wow. Thanks bro, I really appreciate your contribution. It is so unfortunate that these service providers you mentioned are not in my town yet (Uyo, Akwa Ibom State). Does it mean that I can't work with any of our available GSM internet broadband service providers? I really want the Router and the USB modem connection for convenience. I also want to believe that there should be a way out.
what network provider do you have that can provide you Static IP use them doesn't neccessary it must be those i mention above. Feel free to contact me if you are lost .
Re: Remote View For CCTV Cameras by klems4real: 2:10pm On Nov 29, 2015
@ycomics: and khorlynz: Thank you my bros for taking out your precious time to guide me through. I will make enquiries by tomorrow about some ISPs here that can provide me with a static IP address for this purpose, and will keep the house posted until success is achieved. Thank you all once again
Re: Remote View For CCTV Cameras by samuelk(m): 5:39am On Nov 30, 2015
Hey, give me your mail or phone number and I'll get across to you with a solution. It's a cheap service though.
Re: Remote View For CCTV Cameras by walelove: 7:51pm On Nov 30, 2015
MAKE IT PUBLIC SO THAT OTHERS CAN LEARNMAKE IT PUBLIC SO THAT OTHERS CAN LEARNMAKE IT PUBLIC SO THAT OTHERS CAN LEARN

1 Like

Re: Remote View For CCTV Cameras by klems4real: 8:17pm On Nov 30, 2015
Yeah @wale. The essence of this topic is to share ideas and unravel any mystery behind this challenge so that others can learn and make reference to it afterwards. However, I made my findings today about getting a static IP address, and a friend recommended me to one reputable ISP firm here in Uyo, unfortunately, I couldn't visit them today due to some circumstances beyond my control, but will do so by tomorrow morning. Cheers!
Re: Remote View For CCTV Cameras by klems4real: 9:01pm On Dec 01, 2015
@all, I finally went to the ISP office today. And here is the breakdown of the cost to get my requested service.

Installation Cost (Radio, Router, cables etc)..N50,000
Monthly data plan of 10GB at 1mbps speed..N15,000
Port Forwarding cost per year........N10,000.

I was totally discouraged after hearing that.
What is the way forward?
Please, did you guys pay this much?
Re: Remote View For CCTV Cameras by walelove: 8:43am On Dec 02, 2015
Good job, keep exploring other cheap means. Meaning that our telecom companies refuse to give us full services. let wait for mtel now ntel to start rolling out there services.I will not relent on my side as well.
Re: Remote View For CCTV Cameras by Nobody: 10:05am On Dec 02, 2015
Bro some ISP block port 80 for security reasons...try enter 8080 or 88..then try the canyouseeme.org thingy to see if its open?

I'm in uyo atm...incase you need any help!
Re: Remote View For CCTV Cameras by klems4real: 12:09pm On Dec 02, 2015
Thank you RomanZeus, I really appreciate your contribution. However, I just tried what you recommended and the Port is still seen as closed on www.canyouseeme.org

RomanZeus, please, have you had success before doing port forwarding in this kind of network connection?
Re: Remote View For CCTV Cameras by Nobody: 3:09pm On Dec 02, 2015
klems4real:
Thank you RomanZeus, I really appreciate your contribution. However, I just tried what you recommended and the Port is still seen as closed on www.canyouseeme.org

RomanZeus, please, have you had success before doing port forwarding in this kind of network connection?

If your tool says port 80 is closed, then yes, that's
the issue. The port needs to be listening.

Change the http port on the dvr to 81..let the router listen on port 81 or 8080 ...

And you have to port forward every port that the DVR is using totaly separate. That is the tcp port 53777 and the udp port
58000 and http port 80 (change that to 81 or 8080)
Change the router settings or just look at the virtual
server settings and look if there are some
applications pre set up and see whether every port
In use are set up up seperately

Try that bro!
Re: Remote View For CCTV Cameras by Nobody: 3:11pm On Dec 02, 2015
In conclusion :

you can always modify the port settings from the
default values by accessing the network setting
menu in your DVR. If you have a residential
internet service plan, chances are port 80 is being
blocked by your ISP. In such an event, you will
make a rule for port 8080 or something similar
instead of port 80. Be sure to change the HTTP port
value from 80 to 8080 in the DVR's networking
section. As long as you configure everything
correctly in both the DVR and your router,
everything should work fine.

Update me on what you get
Re: Remote View For CCTV Cameras by Nobody: 3:12pm On Dec 02, 2015
And yes iv had success plenty times forwarding ports
Re: Remote View For CCTV Cameras by Nobody: 4:07pm On Dec 02, 2015
Bro NL mail system is messed up
Whatsapp me or something
Re: Remote View For CCTV Cameras by Nobody: 4:07pm On Dec 02, 2015
Bro NL mail system is messed up
Whatsapp me or something
Re: Remote View For CCTV Cameras by klems4real: 5:05pm On Dec 02, 2015
Alright. Thanks
Re: Remote View For CCTV Cameras by Nobody: 4:10pm On Dec 03, 2015
^^modify your post bro... Iv msged you on whatsapp

(1) (Reply)

US Used Ultraslim Dell Latitude E7240 Core I7 With Keyboard Light 4GB Ram / How To Double Your Recharge Amount On Mtn,airtel,etisalat And Glo For Free / It Support Call Center In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.