Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,790 members, 7,802,472 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:05 PM

Is It Alright For A 10 Years Old Child To Be In J S S 3? - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Is It Alright For A 10 Years Old Child To Be In J S S 3? (30022 Views)

The Nigerian Educational Sector Is Finished, This Is An S.S.2 Student Sheet PICS / Primary 1 To S.S.3- Did You Recieve Up To 400 Strokes Of Cane? / Can You Send Your Child To This School ? (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Alright For A 10 Years Old Child To Be In J S S 3? by mrhm(m): 9:31pm On Nov 29, 2015
That's part of problem our education in Nigeria is battling with.
Let sieve that in our senses, For that matter, 10years child to be in jss3 it is obviously improper because he or she will not have been equipped with enough sensation to control and instruct him/her self positively.
It suppose to be in our education terms and regulations that any university aspirant must have attained the age of 18years before he/she can be admitted into any institutes.
Moreover, If we tender or table such suggestion, I know must of people will stand out to against that with meaningless points in favouring them only not generality.
Well, Let me mark it here with a dot till next time when the pen will stands firmly again.
Re: Is It Alright For A 10 Years Old Child To Be In J S S 3? by dy27(m): 9:46pm On Nov 29, 2015
Emmaesty:
13 years old in 100l is not possible. when did he finish secondary school? 12? That means he entered secondary school at the age of 6 At what age did he start nursery school then.

You never heard of double promotion before grin
Re: Is It Alright For A 10 Years Old Child To Be In J S S 3? by rosalieene(f): 10:14pm On Nov 29, 2015
ITbomb:
Minimum age to finish sec school should be 16 no matter how brilliant you are.
If the kids ever goes into federal Universities, they will have psychological issues when mixing with older, bolder, more intimidating peer group.

Best for these set is to push them into the private University where they will still be in controlled territory and focus on their academics though these set can never compete in the real world with the ones who have passed through the necessary levels of human physiological development
Its not true, that what people think but its not so. It depends on individuals and d way the person was raised. I know a 14yr old boy behaving like a 10yr old baby, i found out its because of the way his parents treat and take them as babies. My sis finished university at 19 last year and she is currently serving,and she made 2'1 upper honours. You won't know her age because she can pass for 23yrs and she doesn't act her age. That she was in uni at a very tender age didn't stop her from doing wat she wanted and she wasnt been intimidated or naive or lets say misbehaved in school. Then my younger brother who is 14yrs just passed out from sec sch, and hopefully will resume uni this year and He doesn't look his age or act as one. So it all depends on personality/persons. The world is really changing.
Re: Is It Alright For A 10 Years Old Child To Be In J S S 3? by kingdenny(m): 10:30pm On Nov 29, 2015
tunjijones:
I don't think its right. This is my own opinion though. Some pple might different opinion. My younger sister was 11 in jss 3. She was 14 in SS 3. She wanted to do things are mates that were 17 and 18 were doing. She wanted to do make up, she wanted to attend parties, she wanted to have boy friend because these are the things are peers in sch do. Thank God we were there for her because she was the lastt child. My dad had to stall her education for 3 years. She wasn't allowed to go to the uni untill shewas 17. Rather my dad sent her to one of our uncles in cotonou so that she can learn french while she wait till she was 17.
To me I feel very early education does more harm than good.
Guy you make too much sense I concur with you
Re: Is It Alright For A 10 Years Old Child To Be In J S S 3? by autaspakladi: 10:41pm On Nov 29, 2015
End time students....
Re: Is It Alright For A 10 Years Old Child To Be In J S S 3? by Profnedu(m): 10:58pm On Nov 29, 2015
[quote author=paulsir post=40507487]The world is on fastlane and the turbo of the new generation education jet is in hyper speed.i could remember a guy in my class in Uni,he was 13 while in 100 level.
jesus ur lie make my fone fall for ground chai
U can lie for Africa
13yrs in 100level ok it must be in the university of A.P.C were lie mohamed is ur v.C
Re: Is It Alright For A 10 Years Old Child To Be In J S S 3? by ITbomb(m): 12:27am On Nov 30, 2015
Gaidenk:

My elder sis is just two years older than me and she finished secondary school at 14. She had double promotion twice and my parents rejected the 3rd attempt. So know not everyone follows "the convention",and before you question the school system, her primary education was in the early 90's in from a school who's staff was mostly ghanians,liberians,Europeans and a handful of Nigerians. I even wrote and passed my entrance exams from primary 4 and got enrolled in secondary school to try and bridge the gap btw me and her and still couldn't catch up. So son,its very possible.
Okay, understood pop
Re: Is It Alright For A 10 Years Old Child To Be In J S S 3? by Ignyte(m): 1:17am On Nov 30, 2015
A thirteen year old graduated secondary school in my set a secondary school... When it was about physics and chemistry, the guy was a BRAIN.... In JSS3 he was 10 years old.... So OP from my experience, I can say it's alright...
Re: Is It Alright For A 10 Years Old Child To Be In J S S 3? by millhouse: 1:39am On Nov 30, 2015
angiography:

sounded like you're protesting

external exams can't be used for admission the same year . by external exams, I meant GCE/NECO Nov/Dec.

2. as per the developmental oddity, do urself a favour an google out 'developmental stages of life and implication for deference'....

thanks
Oga, my sis wrote WAEC at the age of 14 and got admission into unilag, graduated at the age of 18 and did d compulsory NYSC at 19 where she served in one of banks. At 29 she already has 10years working experience in d banking sector.

1 Like

Re: Is It Alright For A 10 Years Old Child To Be In J S S 3? by Kalvan1000: 6:58am On Nov 30, 2015
vfactor:

Chike Obi became professor at 19? On which planet?

Planet delusional.
Re: Is It Alright For A 10 Years Old Child To Be In J S S 3? by seunoni34(m): 7:09am On Nov 30, 2015
shollyBi:

if you notice they are kind of sharp and intelligent so that could warrant the big push by their parent seeing they are the smartest in their class in primary school. presently I know a girl that was taken from pri 4 to JS 1, and she is just 10 years old. Guess that's the new trend, naija our country
I was 10 years old in jss1and left sec school at 16.
Re: Is It Alright For A 10 Years Old Child To Be In J S S 3? by seunoni34(m): 7:33am On Nov 30, 2015
I entered fed uni at 16 graduated at 21 and AT 22 years I will finish youth service next year April (will still be 22 though), I used to think I was young but now
seeing the age some folks here graduated from school I feel so old . Lol
And even at that I had problems with blending at 100/200 level cos I was the youngest guy in class (got to know that in my finals) , and I made the mistake of being open about my age so I was bullied and sidelined and it somehow affected my self esteem. It took me 1 year of self realization to revive my self esteem. Since then I ain't got problems blending anytime I find myself in an environment with older folks.

Even in my PPA all the corpers including IT students (including ND too) are very much older but they respect me so much cos of how I conduct myself.
It's not easy, but if I could turn back the hands of time, I still wish to graduate at a much younger age. As it gives you time to plan your life without pressure and over expectation from parents and society.
Re: Is It Alright For A 10 Years Old Child To Be In J S S 3? by waleadex(m): 8:04am On Nov 30, 2015
glossy6:
A boy won a game at a birthday party I attended with my kids yesterday and was asked his name, age and class.

He said he is 9yrs old and in JSS 2. We were surprised. In the course of trying to get him to answer some questions relating to his school his brother came out. Guesd what? He is 10 years and in JSS 3.

They both have the same trend. How did they get there? Wait ooh, they will complete their secondary education by 13 years. What of the minimum entry age into university of 16yrs? What of psychological developments?

What is your take on this? Before now I thought that my 12yrs old child in SS1 is too fast and hmy husband thought of steeping her down last two years until I met those kids.
It's possible but quite against the educational provisions of our country. Meanwhile, my daughter finished secondary school at age 13.
Re: Is It Alright For A 10 Years Old Child To Be In J S S 3? by aduje(m): 8:11am On Nov 30, 2015
My son will be 11years old come January, 2016. He is in JS3 at Edgelane college, Lagos. He is brilliant but I am doing a lot of workto help because he is not emotionally and psycologically matured for the class. I believe he is an exceptional child going by his skills, initiatives and approach. Interestingly he is as grown as a 14 year boy. He told me he want to be a graduate of information technogy at 20yrs old. I am doing all I can to assist him. One sure thing is that by the grace of God, he will attend a private tertiary institution to avoid stories that touch the heart.
Re: Is It Alright For A 10 Years Old Child To Be In J S S 3? by yakamata(m): 8:37am On Nov 30, 2015
Emmaesty:
13 years old in 100l is not possible. when did he finish secondary school? 12? That means he entered secondary school at the age of 6 At what age did he start nursery school then.

he started schooling when he was still a zygote
Re: Is It Alright For A 10 Years Old Child To Be In J S S 3? by emmadinoyi: 8:59am On Nov 30, 2015
Exactly what is the rush for.....there would always be a learning GAP
Re: Is It Alright For A 10 Years Old Child To Be In J S S 3? by Nobody: 9:21am On Nov 30, 2015
Kalvan1000:

Planet delusional.

Na real planet delusion. Imagine what someone with an internet enabled phone is saying.

1 Like

Re: Is It Alright For A 10 Years Old Child To Be In J S S 3? by peacynelson(f): 9:32am On Nov 30, 2015
Its alright, if d child is able to cope with d class.my younger sister is 11 and she is in ss1. She behaves so matured
Re: Is It Alright For A 10 Years Old Child To Be In J S S 3? by youngice(m): 10:08am On Nov 30, 2015
tennyson10:
. 1)I said WAEC..and not GCE/NECO .. 2)We're talking about real life experiences and you're still refering me to google??

No!I'm not saying every parent should start rushing up their kids,we have different kids with different abilities.. You can't always judge the way a child would interact with his environment based on his age..sometimes you might even take a 13 year old boy to be 16..after some time he'll get to adjust to his environment(with older peers) and in the long run there is really no bad effect.
Before I used to think that all very young people in university will have problems, but I interacted with alot of 20 year old final year students running five year programs in FUTO, some of them adapted well ,like the second best graduating student in the school was just 20 and he lead a very mature life and he was socially balanced but I believe whiz kids like that should school abroad due to the nurturing environment

2 Likes

Re: Is It Alright For A 10 Years Old Child To Be In J S S 3? by paulsir: 1:54pm On Nov 30, 2015
[quote author=Profnedu post=40531933][/quote] you are the type that expect paternity test after ur wife gives birth to ur children everytime, why, because u dont even believe you existed. Must u become a granpa in univ like everybody?
Re: Is It Alright For A 10 Years Old Child To Be In J S S 3? by paulsir: 1:58pm On Nov 30, 2015
Donjowebs:

Bros na white lie u don blow so oooo, which university be dat?
am not suppose to answer you,although the sch is babcock univ
Re: Is It Alright For A 10 Years Old Child To Be In J S S 3? by mrhm(m): 6:55am On Dec 02, 2015
Let me clarify many things you parents ain't understood.
Now, I want to tell you that for a child to start attending school at the age of 4years, it is absolutely and totally bad for his/her future because it will definitely affect such child in so many areas.
Strongly enough, I will back up my stand with the following tactical evidences and standardize points.
First and foremost, I want you all to concur with me that most parents do enroll their children in schools in order for bragging amongnst their relatives and society alone even if their child is an empty headed person in this days to that of olden day.
With my simple perceptive definition for Education go does it implies the acts of impacting values, morals uprightness, teaches on new discoveries which will supplement the living standard of livings and abbreviate bad behaviors in the planet.
Perhaps, Most parents are not really imbibed with what will call sense of cares when they were in such instance, We you say that that won't reflect on such child !!! No, definitely the lackness will also tells on the child. Being schooling children at abnormal period does not mean CARES in any sense at all. It's perfectly nonsensical. What most parents didn't know is that education that will are all emphasizing upon starts from every corner of each family, you have to equiped your children with basic and fundamental education which is home training for him or her to have standardize knowledge on how to behave in public and be respectful to elders.
For instances, When a new born baby up to be able to pronunce some little dialetical word, at that stage can you start tutoring such baby any subject, Can that be easier for such baby and you also ? Definitely No, that's what also applicable to earlier schooling.
The most sensitive part of livings is brain and it grow gradual by gradual not immediately as you were given birth to.
And i want most of people who do say it is because they have that privilege to take such steps by enrolling their children into schools at abnormal stage of age. It's simply because they were rich, whether you are riche or poor that does not calls for too earlier schooling.
Moreover, I will always say this that experience is the best teacher ever in the world, that's what students should be sourcing for.
You can graduate at the age of 18years but that does not determines your success and progress if not properly utilize as an experienced man.
Re: Is It Alright For A 10 Years Old Child To Be In J S S 3? by Nobody: 8:01am On Sep 13, 2016
peacynelson:
Its alright, if d child is able to cope with d class.my younger sister is 11 and she is in ss1. She behaves so matured
hu

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Man Makes It Rain: Sprays Money On Girlfriend As She Graduates / Dunamis Fake Testimony: NDU Law Faculty Exam Paper Mimics Case / A Nigerian Medical Student In The Philippines Gives His First Tedx Talk..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.