Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,973 members, 7,806,828 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:46 AM

A Thread For Medical Rehabilitation ( Physiotherapy) Students - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / A Thread For Medical Rehabilitation ( Physiotherapy) Students (31582 Views)

Physiotherapy Vs Dentistry @uniben?? / Medicine, Pharmacy, Nursing, Medical Laboratory Science, Or Physiotherapy? / A Thread For Prospective Industrial Training (SIWES) Students. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Thread For Medical Rehabilitation ( Physiotherapy) Students by Nobody: 11:48am On Oct 02, 2019
Onlinedet:

No, they don't offer math in first semester(math102), but they do offer math in second semester (math101)
thank you
Re: A Thread For Medical Rehabilitation ( Physiotherapy) Students by DOUGGYGUY: 4:43pm On Oct 08, 2019
Physiotherapy has started second MBBS in UNN an according to their new curriculum, they will be take 2 and 3 MBBS with medicin and dentistry

Secondly,
The is a bill currently in the school senate to make physiotherapy as faculty ( FACULTY OF MEDICAL REHABILITATION) with a creation of two sub departments, ( department of prosthetic and department of orthotic)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Thread For Medical Rehabilitation ( Physiotherapy) Students by Nobody: 6:04pm On Oct 21, 2019
DOUGGYGUY:
Physiotherapy has started second MBBS in UNN an according to their new curriculum, they will be take 2 and 3 MBBS with medicin and dentistry

Secondly,
The is a bill currently in the school senate to make physiotherapy as faculty ( FACULTY OF MEDICAL REHABILITATION) with a creation of two sub departments, ( department of prosthetic and department of orthotic)

thats splendid
Re: A Thread For Medical Rehabilitation ( Physiotherapy) Students by Rasmodox101(m): 10:27pm On Nov 01, 2019
Utthaan4:

do u guys offer maths in 1st and 2nd semester of year 1
yeah , maths 101 [elements of calculus ], year one second semester.
Re: A Thread For Medical Rehabilitation ( Physiotherapy) Students by Froshchuksswart(m): 2:05am On Dec 15, 2019
Mandeyy:
Yes, i am. They'll be taking the 2nd MBBS exam with Medicine and Dentistry by April this year. I know so many of them in DPT programme at UNN. So, i'm sure of what i wrote earlier.

Good morning physios , well am a 200l dentistry student UNN physiotherapy student write 1st MBBS (pre Med) in first yearand 2nd MBBS (anat physiology and biochemistry) with us in 3rd year first semester
Re: A Thread For Medical Rehabilitation ( Physiotherapy) Students by vikkeee(m): 4:38pm On Dec 17, 2019
Froshchuksswart:

Am ogbonna chukwuma am a dentistry and dental surgery student unn..Yes unn med rehab student do write the 2nd mb but the program of DPT is not yet available in unn...let's be informed
dantala
Re: A Thread For Medical Rehabilitation ( Physiotherapy) Students by Froshchuksswart(m): 5:47pm On Dec 17, 2019
vikkeee:

dantala

Boss, only people who know me into to call me dantala ✌� ��� I guess a brother is on the line
Re: A Thread For Medical Rehabilitation ( Physiotherapy) Students by vikkeee(m): 9:56am On Dec 26, 2019
Froshchuksswart:

Boss, only people who know me into to call me dantala ✌� ��� I guess a brother is on the line
merry christmas bro
Re: A Thread For Medical Rehabilitation ( Physiotherapy) Students by Froshchuksswart(m): 9:09pm On Dec 26, 2019
Same to you boss

vikkeee:

merry christmas bro
Re: A Thread For Medical Rehabilitation ( Physiotherapy) Students by Kenule9(m): 9:42pm On Dec 26, 2019
Froshchuksswart:

Good morning physios , well am a 200l dentistry student UNN physiotherapy student write 1st MBBS (pre Med) in first yearand 2nd MBBS (anat physiology and biochemistry) with us in 3rd year first semester

Are there options like Withdrawal, repeat and resit for physiotherapy students in their 1st and 2nd MB?
Re: A Thread For Medical Rehabilitation ( Physiotherapy) Students by Froshchuksswart(m): 8:56am On Dec 29, 2019
Kenule9:

Are there options like Withdrawal, repeat and resit for physiotherapy students in their 1st and 2nd MB?
Yes boss...!
Re: A Thread For Medical Rehabilitation ( Physiotherapy) Students by bennyflipy(m): 4:20pm On Jul 16, 2021
sexysage:
I'm a level 200 physio student @ Bayero University Kano. it's a lovely course !
How is physiotherapy like in BUK?
Fees and all??
Re: A Thread For Medical Rehabilitation ( Physiotherapy) Students by sexysage(m): 12:20am On Jul 31, 2021
bennyflipy:

How is physiotherapy like in BUK?
Fees and all??

it's a five year degree here too. plans for DPT upgrade are underway. We were told in yr 1. i am about resuming year four by God's grace in October. School fee is under 50k.
Re: A Thread For Medical Rehabilitation ( Physiotherapy) Students by bennyflipy(m): 5:02pm On Aug 01, 2021
sexysage:

it's a five year degree here too. plans for DPT upgrade are underway. We were told in yr 1. i am about resuming year four by God's grace in October. School fee is under 50k.
Thinking about starting a second degree in either, physiotherapy, radiography or nursing.

But people are discouraging me about BUk.
I'm from Kaduna State anyway
Re: A Thread For Medical Rehabilitation ( Physiotherapy) Students by sexysage(m): 5:16am On Aug 04, 2021
bennyflipy:

Thinking about starting a second degree in either, physiotherapy, radiography or nursing.

But people are discouraging me about BUk.
I'm from Kaduna State anyway

Lots of kd people are here. The environment here is kinda hostile looking at how unnecessarily sanctimonious they can be but it's been a blessing in disguise for me. Also the system here kinda stresses you but once you can adapt, that's all.
Re: A Thread For Medical Rehabilitation ( Physiotherapy) Students by bennyflipy(m): 10:49am On Aug 04, 2021
sexysage:

Lots of kd people are here. The environment here is kinda hostile looking at how unnecessarily sanctimonious they can be but it's been a blessing in disguise for me. Also the system here kinda stresses you but once you can adapt, that's all.
Interesting, it's normal since they practice sharia law, the stress is not an issue.

I've narrowed my options to radiography and nursing, but prefer the former.
If you don't mind can I have your WhatsApp number
Re: A Thread For Medical Rehabilitation ( Physiotherapy) Students by sexysage(m): 12:13am On Aug 05, 2021
bennyflipy:

Interesting, it's normal since they practice sharia law, the stress is not an issue.

Re: A Thread For Medical Rehabilitation ( Physiotherapy) Students by Vicicey(m): 4:36pm On Aug 14, 2021
Please o. Can a person study physiotherapy with a jamb score of 256
Re: A Thread For Medical Rehabilitation ( Physiotherapy) Students by veeveanO(f): 5:51pm On Aug 29, 2021
Goodevening all, please any University of Benin Physiotherapy student here should please indicate.
Re: A Thread For Medical Rehabilitation ( Physiotherapy) Students by nurain150(m): 6:17pm On Dec 09, 2021
RoastedCorn:
physiotherapy is not like dentistry and optometry . . people over the years have always compared dentistry to optometry without knowing its full entirety.

1. Dentistry is a 6 year course, the only course that's a medical specialty(like doing the whole of medicine then specializing in teeth),Dentists are to be compared with opthalmologists not optometrists.

2. the salary scale for doctors(medicine and dentistry) in Nigeria is called CONMESS which is slightly higher than other health care professionals like optometrists, Physiotherapists,Radiographers,Medical lab scientists and the rest that operate on CONHESS.

3. optometrist are only confused with opthalmologists and dentist because they also answer the title "Dr." but optometrists only make glasses for people with eye defect,its is only an opthalmologist (a medical doctor that specializes in the eye) that can perform surgery on the eye.

4. you mentioned something about physiotherapists specializing in paediatrics,orthopeadics ,neurology e.t.c ,well that's not really true ,I get your point though but you would confuse an average Nigerian. Physiotherapists only specialize in a medical specialty's therapy. for example, a doctor will specialize in paediatrics but a physiotherapist would specialize in pediatric therapy, a physiotherapist can also specialize in dental therapy, a doctor will specialize in orthopaedics but a physiotherapist would specialize in orthopaedic therapy (the specialty that makes most Nigerians think that physiotherapy is just the massage of body parts not knowing there is more to it). specialization in medicine and dentistry takes up to 5-8 years but that of physiotherapy is 3-4 years(not very sure though).

5. DPT is doctor of physiotherapy, currently its only offered by few countries as a 6 year degree ,in Nigeria it is after the completion of your BPT that you can be given a DPT which is after you specialize in an aspect of physiotherapy.

6. there are also consultant physiotherapists too but they don't receive same range of salary as their medical and dental consultants.

i'm not trying to place any course above the other but making valid points and facts . . hope this helps

lol takes up to 5-8 years because you keep failing.
Re: A Thread For Medical Rehabilitation ( Physiotherapy) Students by Dddyy: 6:03pm On Feb 10, 2022
[quote author=sexysage post=104406091]

Lots of kd people are here. The environment here is kinda hostile looking at how unnecessarily sanctimonious they can be but it's been a blessing in disguise for me. Also the system here kinda stresses you but once you can adapt, that's all.[/quote
Am a graduate of physiology from olabisi onabanjo university, am hoping in studying physiotherapy as a second degree at BUK, but I have no idea on what to do, physiotherapist in the house could you please help me with this
Re: A Thread For Medical Rehabilitation ( Physiotherapy) Students by sexysage(m): 6:09am On Feb 11, 2022
[quote author=Dddyy post=110121354][/quote]

Apply via utme. Chances you'll get admission via DE is very slim.
Re: A Thread For Medical Rehabilitation ( Physiotherapy) Students by maleekjackson(m): 12:29pm On Mar 23, 2022
sexysage:
I'm a level 200 physio student @ Bayero University Kano. it's a lovely course !
same bro but lvl 100
Re: A Thread For Medical Rehabilitation ( Physiotherapy) Students by sexysage(m): 11:40am On Apr 05, 2022
maleekjackson:
same bro but lvl 100

Lol, now in 400L. I'm graduating next yr if things return to normal.
Re: A Thread For Medical Rehabilitation ( Physiotherapy) Students by Vicicey(m): 5:10pm On Jun 22, 2022
Any UNIZIK physiotherapy student here?
Re: A Thread For Medical Rehabilitation ( Physiotherapy) Students by Bubbyz4bubbyz: 10:51am On Oct 02, 2022
bennyflipy:

Are you going for Radiography?
Re: A Thread For Medical Rehabilitation ( Physiotherapy) Students by Bubbyz4bubbyz: 10:54am On Oct 02, 2022
sexysage:

Lol, now in 400L. I'm graduating next yr if things return to normal.

Physiotherapy is it good course? Can one get jobs easily with it Abroad?I am thinking going for either Physiotherapy or Radiography which I plan using the certificate to travel outside
Re: A Thread For Medical Rehabilitation ( Physiotherapy) Students by Bubbyz4bubbyz: 10:58am On Oct 02, 2022
veeveanO:
Goodevening all, please any University of Benin Physiotherapy student here should please indicate.
Are you a Uniben student?
Re: A Thread For Medical Rehabilitation ( Physiotherapy) Students by bennyflipy(m): 9:01pm On Oct 02, 2022
Bubbyz4bubbyz:

Are you going for Radiography?
Hopefully
Re: A Thread For Medical Rehabilitation ( Physiotherapy) Students by Bubbyz4bubbyz: 7:52am On Oct 14, 2022
bennyflipy:

Hopefully
In which University?..... I choose nursing but people are saying it's designed for females......I have to opt out to Radiography going for Unizik
Re: A Thread For Medical Rehabilitation ( Physiotherapy) Students by bennyflipy(m): 4:19pm On Oct 18, 2022
Bubbyz4bubbyz:

In which University?..... I choose nursing but people are saying it's designed for females......I have to opt out to Radiography going for Unizik
Nursing is not designed for females as perseived by many Nigerians, it depends on what you want. Radiography is also a great course to study.
Re: A Thread For Medical Rehabilitation ( Physiotherapy) Students by sexysage(m): 12:38pm On Jan 24, 2023
Bubbyz4bubbyz:

Physiotherapy is it good course? Can one get jobs easily with it Abroad?I am thinking going for either Physiotherapy or Radiography which I plan using the certificate to travel outside

Sure you can get jobs, PTs are one of the highest paid healthcare experts abroad.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Governor Wike Commissions Secondary School At Eleme In Rivers State / Mention One Abbreviation You Still Don't Know The Meaning / May/june Weac Result Is Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.