Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,916 members, 7,806,662 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:07 PM

The Degree Of Ignorance Of Some Nairalanders Is Similar To That Of Americans. - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / The Degree Of Ignorance Of Some Nairalanders Is Similar To That Of Americans. (2971 Views)

Which Country That Is Similar To South Korea And Turkey / Welcome To America: 41 Million Of Americans Are Living In Extreme Poverty / Nigeria Ranked 5th Most Dangerous Place For Americans To Visit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Degree Of Ignorance Of Some Nairalanders Is Similar To That Of Americans. by TheCongo2: 7:02pm On Nov 29, 2015
I have been coming to this site for the past 5 years. This site is very resourceful with a lot of guru and genius who are basically able to provide an answer in dealing with any visa and immigration issue. On the flip side, The degree of ignorance of some Nairalanders is similar to that of Americans.

I have realized that whenever someone requests visa information to a third world country, some people on the forum wouldn't go straight to address his question but instead they would be probing for the reason of his visit in a demeaning manner (Why would you go to DR Congo? Are you out of your mind?) .

There are reasons why a person would decide to visit a certain country and until the person has stated those reasons we shouldn't make any judgmental statement on the country he is visiting or about his trip. That would be pure ignorance.

Today I came across this thread (https://www.nairaland.com/2768035/how-travel-dr-congo-lagos) of a Nairalander inquiring about getting to DR Congo, my country. I was shocked by madmadu ‘s response to which I had to give the following reply:

OMG, what an ignorant!!!
Because of this type of ignorance you just display, a lot of Africans have ended up illegal immigrants doing demeaning works in the west whereas they could have done far better in in Africa.

There are Nigerians in DR Congo who are doing far better than many Nigerians in the UK or USA. They are involved in big time businesses and they have connections with high profile people in the Congolese government.

By the way, do you know that the players of TP Mazembe of DR CONGO (The champion of Africa) make better money than the average professional soccer player in Belgium? Those TP Mazembe players are notorious of turning down offer from European clubs.

TP Mazembe of DR CONGO has been the champion of Africa 3 times in the past 5 years. It is believed to be the richest team on the continent. The TP Mazembe had assorted players from across Africa. And to be recruited on the team, a player has to be part of the national squad of his home country. That is why the TP Mazembe has players who are part of the national squad of Ivory Coast, Ghana, Zambia, Mali ... it is basically the best players in Africa who make the TP Mazembe squad. And if this team wasn't paying well, none of those foreign players would be there.
The TP Mazembe is only one slice of success in DR Congo. There are many more facets of success in DR Congo that you have no idea about. You seem to be focus on the West to the extent of ignoring what is in Africa

Africa in general isn't all about poverty, wars and diseases. There are riches in Africa. Too bad many Africans don't know what they have in their backyard.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Degree Of Ignorance Of Some Nairalanders Is Similar To That Of Americans. by EZEIGBO1OFIMO: 7:04pm On Nov 29, 2015
Whats the University situation like in DR Congo; Whats the best university there?.

1 Like

Re: The Degree Of Ignorance Of Some Nairalanders Is Similar To That Of Americans. by TheCongo2: 7:06pm On Nov 29, 2015
EZEIGBO1OFIMO:
Whats the University situation like in DR Congo; Whats the best university there?.

The university situation in DR Congo is very bad. Wouldn't recommend anyone to go there for studies. DR Congo has a lot of corruptions like most of African countries doesn't mean someone can't make it big in DR COngo with the correct connections
Re: The Degree Of Ignorance Of Some Nairalanders Is Similar To That Of Americans. by EZEIGBO1OFIMO: 7:08pm On Nov 29, 2015
TheCongo2:

The university situation in DR Congo is very bad. Wouldn't recommend anyone to go there for studies. DR Congo has a lot of corruption like most of African countries doesn't mean someone can't make it big in DR COngo.
Ok, So business seems to be the only route; whats the possibility that I wont be taxed to death. Oh, have you learnt forex yet? grin
Re: The Degree Of Ignorance Of Some Nairalanders Is Similar To That Of Americans. by TheCongo2: 7:09pm On Nov 29, 2015
EZEIGBO1OFIMO:
Ok, So business seems to be the only route; whats the possibility that I wont be taxed to death. Oh, have you learnt forex yet? grin

Re: The Degree Of Ignorance Of Some Nairalanders Is Similar To That Of Americans. by TheCongo2: 7:10pm On Nov 29, 2015
EZEIGBO1OFIMO:

I have a full time Job. I don't need Forex
Re: The Degree Of Ignorance Of Some Nairalanders Is Similar To That Of Americans. by Nobody: 7:11pm On Nov 29, 2015
Op, no vex oo. Why would anyone leave Nigeria for congo? I can understand Ghana, Mali, Tanzania and others but Why Congo? undecided

3 Likes

Re: The Degree Of Ignorance Of Some Nairalanders Is Similar To That Of Americans. by TheCongo2: 7:13pm On Nov 29, 2015
Logician:
Op, no vex oo. Why would anyone leave Nigeria for congo? I can understand Ghana, Mali, Tanzania and others but Why Congo? undecided

So why do we have Nigerians in DR Congo? I am not talking about street hustlers but real Nigerian business people who make real money. In addition to that, we have soccer players for the national teams of Ghana, Ivory Coast, Tanzania who could be playing in Europe but had chosen to be part of TP Mazembe team in DR CONGO wink
Re: The Degree Of Ignorance Of Some Nairalanders Is Similar To That Of Americans. by Nobody: 7:21pm On Nov 29, 2015
TheCongo2:

So why do we have Nigerians in DR Congo? In addition to that, we have soccer players for the national teams of Ghana, Ivory Coast, Tanzania who could be playing in Europe but had chosen to be part of TP Mazembe team wink

You win. Please all footballers in this forum, you've heard; Congo is the place to be. To all business men, workers remain in Nigeria, incase you don't know 1million francs is 200k in naira. grin

3 Likes

Re: The Degree Of Ignorance Of Some Nairalanders Is Similar To That Of Americans. by TheCongo2: 7:57pm On Nov 29, 2015
Logician:

You win. Please all footballers in this forum, you've heard; Congo is the place to be. To all business men, workers remain in Nigeria, incase you don't know 1million francs is 200k in naira. grin

Too bad that you don't seem to understand my post.
Life is very tough in DR Congo in general just as in many part of Africa. Nevertheless, there are bright sides in DR Congo. With the right connections, a person can make it very BIG in DR CONGO just like anywhere else.
I have provided the TP MAzembe as an exemple. For the time being, there is no team in Africa (including the Maghreb) that would compare to TP Mazembe of DR Congo. This is the best and richest club on the continent for now. So, you can't just send any footballer on the forum there because this team recruit only players who are drafted on the national team of their home country.

Speaking of businesses, the Nigerians in DR Congo aren't your regular street hustlers. Those are people who have connection with people in the government and they are making very good money.

So, the DR COngo isn't just for any Tom, Dick and Harry. Whenever I meet a Nigerian or West African who has been or planning to go to the DR Congo, I know that the guy is in for a huge deal.

1 Like

Re: The Degree Of Ignorance Of Some Nairalanders Is Similar To That Of Americans. by tpiadotcom: 7:37am On Nov 30, 2015
why would someone be asking how to get to Congo from Nigeria?

If you cant figure out Cameroon is where you should go first, then you should google the info perhaps.
Re: The Degree Of Ignorance Of Some Nairalanders Is Similar To That Of Americans. by tpiadotcom: 7:38am On Nov 30, 2015
Re: The Degree Of Ignorance Of Some Nairalanders Is Similar To That Of Americans. by tpiadotcom: 7:40am On Nov 30, 2015
TheCongo2:

So why do we have Nigerians in DR Congo? I am not talking about street hustlers but real Nigerian business people who make real money.

well, some questions dont have answers, so we dont know why they are there, that information is privy to them alone.
Re: The Degree Of Ignorance Of Some Nairalanders Is Similar To That Of Americans. by TheCongo2: 9:25pm On Nov 30, 2015
tpiadotcom:

well, some questions dont have answers, so we dont know why they are there, that information is privy to them alone.

Correct! That is why I said that when someone is inquiring about getting a visa to Afghanistan or Bangladesh, we shouldn't be jumping into conclusion thinking the person is out of his mind. That is been ignorant. Maybe he has someone who knows someone who can introduce him to the president in that country. Too bad that many people on this forum aren't open minded.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Degree Of Ignorance Of Some Nairalanders Is Similar To That Of Americans. by claremont(m): 6:59am On Dec 01, 2015
TheCongo2:

So why do we have Nigerians in DR Congo?

There are Nigerians in Libya, Syria, and Somalia. The presence or absence of Nigerians in a country is not a reflection of its prosperity. I'm not for or against any side of this argument, I'm only pointing to you that your correlation is wrong.

3 Likes

Re: The Degree Of Ignorance Of Some Nairalanders Is Similar To That Of Americans. by TheCongo2: 1:22pm On Dec 01, 2015
claremont:

There are Nigerians in Libya, Syria, and Somalia. The presence or absence of Nigerians in a country is not a reflection of its prosperity. I'm not for or against any side of this argument, I'm only pointing to you that your correlation is wrong.

I am referring to individual opportunity which has nothing to do with a country prosperity.

Yes, you would find Nigerians in different part of the world but in many cases, they are there for the wrong reasons. Some Nigerians are stranded in countries like Lybia on their way to a different destination. You also have Nigerians who moved to other nations just because the average African believes that any country out of Africa has green pasture.

Now, when a Nigerian buys a plane ticket to an unstable African nation like the DR Congo, this type of Nigerian has a specific goal. For the most part, this type of Nigerian is prosperous.
Re: The Degree Of Ignorance Of Some Nairalanders Is Similar To That Of Americans. by Nicheey(m): 9:31am On May 28, 2018
Logician:

lol e taya me

1 Like

Re: The Degree Of Ignorance Of Some Nairalanders Is Similar To That Of Americans. by Paulson1986: 7:46am On Sep 05, 2020
TheCongo2:

Life is very tough in DR Congo in general just as in many part of Africa. Nevertheless, there are bright sides in DR Congo. With the right connections, a person can make it very BIG in DR CONGO just like anywhere else.
I have provided the TP MAzembe as an exemple. For the time being, there is no team in Africa (including the Maghreb) that would compare to TP Mazembe of DR Congo. This is the best and richest club on the continent for now. So, you can't just send any footballer on the forum there because this team recruit only players who are drafted on the national team of their home country.

Speaking of businesses, the Nigerians in DR Congo aren't your regular street hustlers. Those are people who have connection with people in the government and they are making very good money.

So, the DR COngo isn't just for any Tom, Dick and Harry. Whenever I meet a Nigerian or West African who has been or planning to go to the DR Congo, I know that the guy is in for a huge deal.
..bros please ..how can we private chart?
Re: The Degree Of Ignorance Of Some Nairalanders Is Similar To That Of Americans. by Nobody: 11:53pm On Sep 11, 2020
edit ..

1 Like

Re: The Degree Of Ignorance Of Some Nairalanders Is Similar To That Of Americans. by afrokid(m): 9:25am On Sep 12, 2020
You’re replying a post from 5 years ago. Things might have changed since that time

chkil1:

your Tp mazembe was only the 10th richest african club last year wink

1 – Al-Ahly Egypt with 31,7M euros !
2- Zamalek SC-Egypte with 22, 2M euros !
3- Mamelodi Sundowns South africa with 19,7M euros.
4- Etoile Du Sahel-Tunisia with 18,5M euros
5-Espérance Tunisia 17.3M euros
6- Wydad Casablanca-Morocco : 16.1M euros
7- Raja Casablanca-Maroc : 13.4M euros
8- Usm Alger –Algéria : 7,7M euros.
9-Js Kabylie-Algéria : 6,5 M euros
10- Tp Mazembé-Rdc : 6M d’euro
Re: The Degree Of Ignorance Of Some Nairalanders Is Similar To That Of Americans. by Nobody: 9:43am On Sep 12, 2020
afrokid:
You’re replying a post from 5 years ago. Things might have changed since that time

oups ! havn't noticed that the comment was in 2015

edit..
Re: The Degree Of Ignorance Of Some Nairalanders Is Similar To That Of Americans. by stagger: 4:59pm On Sep 12, 2020
TheCongo2:

Moise Chapwe, the owner of TP Mazembe, has a white father. Yet he stayed in DR Congo and made his fortune there. I saw the facilities of TP Mazembe including their own aircraft which flies the players across Africa. I hear the players earn up to $3000 a week. Is that true?

(1) (Reply)

Lady On Student Visa Was Deported From US And Banned For 5 Years; See Why / Indians Flood Nigeria As Air Peace Starts Direct Flights / Extension Of Visitors Visa In Canada

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.