Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,891 members, 7,806,591 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 06:46 PM

President Buhari’s Frequent Foreign Trips & The Cost - Sahara Reporters - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Buhari’s Frequent Foreign Trips & The Cost - Sahara Reporters (23177 Views)

Senator Blames Jonathan For Buhari’s Frequent Foreign Trips / President Buhari's Foreign Trips As At February 28, 2016 (map) / $1m On Foreign Trips: Fayose Can Say ‘ Whatever He Likes’ – Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: President Buhari’s Frequent Foreign Trips & The Cost - Sahara Reporters by chesterlee(m): 7:46am On Nov 30, 2015
Buhari said he wanted to cut down cost.

Now its obvious he's doing the opposite!!!

1 Like

Re: President Buhari’s Frequent Foreign Trips & The Cost - Sahara Reporters by egbaguy: 7:48am On Nov 30, 2015
I am sure this is sweet lie frm d pit of hell
Re: President Buhari’s Frequent Foreign Trips & The Cost - Sahara Reporters by Henrypraise: 7:48am On Nov 30, 2015
biafranqueen:
OBJ or NOI masterminded that debt relief ? Abeg, I challenge you to start a thread and we will put that Paris loan pay back against the World Bank Loan that he used to start his farm. Make sure you mention me, so we can discuss this intellectually, because I have pages of OBJs atrocities ready for posting.

Aha, immediately I saw his/her post on d debt relieve, I immediately understood d reason de call dem mast.urbaters.

I can't believe de hated NOI so much yet de give her accolades to d pervert called OBJ.

Just for d records, m not an Igbo person but d truth can't be buried.

2 Likes

Re: President Buhari’s Frequent Foreign Trips & The Cost - Sahara Reporters by maupe: 7:50am On Nov 30, 2015
NgeneUkwenu:
By Tomorrow, When the Gains of the so called "junketeerinG" starts trickling in, and it is reported by the Same Sahara Reporters, the Wailers will call it propaganda Newspaper!

It is really bad to be a Wailer angry
Students like this, tell themselves that their GPA of 1.35 after their first semester exams, is no problem. That they will recover by the second or third year. So they continue playing with their time, and deluding themselves. By the third year, their GPA is still crawling at 1.25. But their mindset, will be, at 400 level, I will blast. At the end of the day, they are lucky enough to come out with a PASS. Ngenekwenu, 4 years is not an eternity. The time to show gains is now, not at the end of four years.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Buhari’s Frequent Foreign Trips & The Cost - Sahara Reporters by biafranqueen: 7:54am On Nov 30, 2015
Henrypraise:

Aha, immediately I saw his/her post on d debt relieve, I immediately understood d reason de call dem mast.urbaters.

I can't believe de hated NOI so much yet de give her accolades to d pervert called OBJ.

Just for d records, m not an Igbo person but d truth can't be buried.
Imagine the audacity, I just don't know what to make of APC supporters?

3 Likes

Re: President Buhari’s Frequent Foreign Trips & The Cost - Sahara Reporters by dokunbam(m): 7:54am On Nov 30, 2015
obailala:

The amenities you listed are not free in any part of the world. But then, even with all your money in your wallet, you wouldn't have been able to get them still if they didnt exist in your environment; if you had N1m in your pocket, you wouldnt be able to still purchase mobile internet if it didnt exist in Nigeria (as was the case just some years ago).

May I also remind you that it was through those numerous foreign junkets which OBJ embarked upon those days, that's how Nigeria was able to secure a debt relief of well over $20billion from the Paris club. It is sometimes surprising to see supposedly educated people asking what the essence of these foreign trips or diplomatic relations are.
Re: President Buhari’s Frequent Foreign Trips & The Cost - Sahara Reporters by vigasimple(m): 7:57am On Nov 30, 2015
'Nemo Dat Quod Non Habet"

You cannot give what you don't have.

Only fools and village idiots will expect anything meaningful from Buhari. Because even in 1983, his intellectual capacity is very doubtful. Fast forward 2015

The change is a scam by the born to rule Fulani masters.
Re: President Buhari’s Frequent Foreign Trips & The Cost - Sahara Reporters by tonychristopher: 7:59am On Nov 30, 2015
PapaBrowne:
An average of $245,000 per day minus presidential jet. Hmmm.

And the president has spent about 45 days offshore.

Well, some Mathematics.

$245,000 x 45days + (jet money) = $11 million + jet money

In naira= $11 million x 248 = N2.73 billion + Jet money.

If simple things like Taxi,Accommodation and Feeding would cost 2.73 billion, it would be safe to assume that JET MONEY would cost 3 times that amount. So JET MONEY would be equal to N2.8 Billion x 3= N8.2 Billion.

So Total on Junketing = N2.8 Billion +8.2 Billion= N11 Billion.

Now, 5 things N11 Billion would have done for Nigerians.

1)It would pay 600,000 Nigerian Workers minimum wage at 18,000 for 1 month.

2)It will buy 126 million litres of fuel at 87 Naira per litre. That's enough fuel for 10 days for 1 million cars if they are given 12 litres per day.

3)It would buy 3,500 Tractors at 3 Million Naira per tractor putting almost 100 tractors in every state definitely leading to an Agro revolution.

4)

How I wish the gworo chewing dude has common sense

But common sense is not common

1 Like

Re: President Buhari’s Frequent Foreign Trips & The Cost - Sahara Reporters by jomoh: 8:01am On Nov 30, 2015
NgeneUkwenu:
By Tomorrow, When the Gains of the so called "junketeerinG" starts trickling in, and it is reported by the Same Sahara Reporters, the Wailers will call it propaganda Newspaper!

I don't know if I should kiss you or hug you infact I just feel like break dancing.

It really really sucks to be a wailer.

Most people don't see it the way you just did. All I see from Buharis trips is what is called market storming by marketers. I remember when I worked as a bank marketer then. Even our manager too goes out on his own to market bank products. What we always get are promises but after sometime we started getting calls from people in need of our products.

I once heard Tony Elumelu has an agreement with major airlines in Nigeria that whenever a very big player in the economy books a flight ticket, the next seat is reserved for him. They will now inform him of such person. If he wishes to have a meeting with the person, he goes on the flight, irrespective of where the flight goes to, have a brief meeting with the person and after the flight he takes another back to his office base. Now who take care of such bills.

When you know the people in your cabinet are up and doing, you don't have to be on ground all the time to solve everything. What now happens when and if he's not available. This is one of the change I campaigned for. Give everyone freedom to operate and do their job. If they fumble, eject them. The president does not have to attend to everything.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: President Buhari’s Frequent Foreign Trips & The Cost - Sahara Reporters by Controlled(f): 8:02am On Nov 30, 2015
PapaBrowne:

Well, some Mathematics.

If simple things like Taxi,Accommodation and Feeding would cost 2.73 billion, it would be safe to assume that JET MONEY would cost 3 times that amount. So JET MONEY would be equal to N2.8 Billion x 3= N8.2 Billion.

2)It will buy 126 million litres of fuel at 87 Naira per litre. That's enough fuel for 10 days for 1 million cars if they are given 12 litres per day.

3)It would buy 3,500 Tractors at 3 Million Naira per tractor putting almost 100 tractors in every state definitely leading to an Agro revolution.

4)

What is jet money?.......
Re: President Buhari’s Frequent Foreign Trips & The Cost - Sahara Reporters by openmine(m): 8:04am On Nov 30, 2015
Sahara Reporter: A Frankenstein monster of our time!
After doing its required job of dismantling d GEJ administration wit deir infamous propaganda, it has now turned against its maker or oga...
has SR started wailing...?
its too early ohh...Lol
It seems a once partisan media outfit is seriously looking for 'wailers form'...they were really made for d opposition and not the oda way round...deir relevance has now hit new lows...sorry ohh

1 Like

Re: President Buhari’s Frequent Foreign Trips & The Cost - Sahara Reporters by tonychristopher: 8:11am On Nov 30, 2015
For not believing the change monkeys and their propaganda

I need to do thanksgiving

1 Like

Re: President Buhari’s Frequent Foreign Trips & The Cost - Sahara Reporters by tonychristopher: 8:12am On Nov 30, 2015
PapaBrowne:

Well, some Mathematics.

4)

Unfortunately.. Your president lack the ability to do this simple maths

Did he even pass maths in waec

2 Likes

Re: President Buhari’s Frequent Foreign Trips & The Cost - Sahara Reporters by micayo(m): 8:19am On Nov 30, 2015
obailala:
Probably the phones you use, including the internet on the phone you are using to reply to this was part of the outcome of those excess foreign trips OBJ made in his early days. Just like I said, it is difficult to directly quantify or point out what you gain directly. Just like the air you breathe, you may not see it, but it's there.

When will you become realistic and stop crediting OBJ with the internet or phones? The phones and internet would have gotten to Nigeria notwithstanding. OBJ's trip overseas was to seek what gangan?
Re: President Buhari’s Frequent Foreign Trips & The Cost - Sahara Reporters by philips70(m): 8:23am On Nov 30, 2015
NgeneUkwenu:

This is the same SaharaReporters these Jonathanians did everything to disparage when they were reporting all the thievery of his government. They went to town with tales of how Tinubu and APC were paying his bills and get him houses in New York. As I write this Jonathanians have taken over the comments section of SR and it's now their darling news media since BreakingTimes have lost every atom of credibility. What a cretinous set of people. everybody who criticized the evil and armed robbery government were either labeled enemy of state or sponsors of BH.
What I know is that God in His infinite wisdom sent those lots packing from Aso Rock and no amount of wailing will bring them back.
And as for SaharaReporters I so much love the role they are playing in keeping our leaders on their toes. They are the true heroes of our democracy.
Re: President Buhari’s Frequent Foreign Trips & The Cost - Sahara Reporters by homesteady(m): 8:25am On Nov 30, 2015
I'm even confused about the whereabout of my President gringrin Is he still in Malta guinness
Re: President Buhari’s Frequent Foreign Trips & The Cost - Sahara Reporters by micayo(m): 8:26am On Nov 30, 2015
obailala:

The amenities you listed are not free in any part of the world. But then, even with all your money in your wallet, you wouldn't have been able to get them still if they didnt exist in your environment; if you had N1m in your pocket, you wouldnt be able to still purchase mobile internet if it didnt exist in Nigeria (as was the case just some years ago).

May I also remind you that it was through those numerous foreign junkets which OBJ embarked upon those days, that's how Nigeria was able to secure a debt relief of well over $20billion from the Paris club. It is sometimes surprising to see supposedly educated people asking what the essence of these foreign trips or diplomatic relations are.

They existed before OBJ but were expensive just like everywhere else in the world. When the cheap ones were made for the common men it became viral like toyota. So pls stop crediting the works of other people to someone who didn't partake in the transformation rather give kudos to the japanese makers, chinese makers, et.al.

We could have secures the debt relief without him jetting out of the country. True or False?
Re: President Buhari’s Frequent Foreign Trips & The Cost - Sahara Reporters by Nobody: 8:28am On Nov 30, 2015
NgeneUkwenu:

BE TOLD THAT NOTHING GOOD CAN COME OUT OF THESE USELESS TRIPS, NOBODY IN THE WORLD IS READY TO HELP ANOTHER NOW AS EVERYONE IS SCRABBLING FOR SURVIVAL, BE WISE!!!

1 Like

Re: President Buhari’s Frequent Foreign Trips & The Cost - Sahara Reporters by Lothbrok(m): 8:29am On Nov 30, 2015
I just dey pass, I say make I peep ooh! o:
Re: President Buhari’s Frequent Foreign Trips & The Cost - Sahara Reporters by wristbangle: 8:29am On Nov 30, 2015
Honestly this is not the change we crave for. The last administration was no doubt a failure but this present one is adding more salt to injury.

This is the exact reason why IBB planned a perfect coup when he was dethrone from presidency in 1984 or so as he was travelling all over the world like a tourist.

If the president continue like this, I don't he will be in power till 2019. Nigerians have been patient and our patient is running out of time.

1 Like

Re: President Buhari’s Frequent Foreign Trips & The Cost - Sahara Reporters by Nobody: 8:31am On Nov 30, 2015
obailala:
Chai Buhari!

Wailers, food don come... There's in fact plenty more food, enough to feed the ever increasing membership of the wailers association.

BE TOLD THAT THE WORD WAILERS DOES NOT REIGN ANY MORE, FIND A NEW WORD, EXCEPT YOU WANNA PLAY HYPOCRISY, YOU ARE FEELING THE HEAT OF YOUR MAN'S CLUELESSNESS TOO, cheesy

2 Likes

Re: President Buhari’s Frequent Foreign Trips & The Cost - Sahara Reporters by emmykk(m): 8:33am On Nov 30, 2015
NgeneUkwenu:

endtime slave alert.

They can die for buhari.

2 Likes

Re: President Buhari’s Frequent Foreign Trips & The Cost - Sahara Reporters by openmine(m): 8:33am On Nov 30, 2015
Emekamex:
Buhari too like owambe
Hahahahahahahahaha..bro u r wicked..loo
Re: President Buhari’s Frequent Foreign Trips & The Cost - Sahara Reporters by roxell120(m): 8:33am On Nov 30, 2015
WE ARE IN BOILING SOUP. UNA DON SEE CHANGE? HE HAS BEEN OUT OF POWER FOR SO LONG. HE NOW HAS THE OPPURTUNITY TO RECK CASH. NEXT FOUR YEARS WILL BE TERRIBLE
Re: President Buhari’s Frequent Foreign Trips & The Cost - Sahara Reporters by TruthisGOD: 8:36am On Nov 30, 2015
obailala:

My friend park well! That was purely the handiwork of the then finance minister that got the debt cancelled.
Re: President Buhari’s Frequent Foreign Trips & The Cost - Sahara Reporters by emmykk(m): 8:36am On Nov 30, 2015
PapaBrowne:

Well, some Mathematics.

4)

bro am sending your name to IMF to start work immediately.

By 2019 when they hear change them go ben johnson

2 Likes

Re: President Buhari’s Frequent Foreign Trips & The Cost - Sahara Reporters by Nobody: 8:36am On Nov 30, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

Same reason why they are killing businesses by stopping dollar payments for even those with legitimate business but go ahead to approve loans in dollars for APC governors like Oshiomole...So check between both which is more harmful to the economy and you understand the psyche of this buhari and APC...

ALSO THEY KNOW THAT THE NAIRA EQUIVALENT WILL CAUSE UPROAR FASTER THAN GIVEN THE DOLLAR FIGURE

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: President Buhari’s Frequent Foreign Trips & The Cost - Sahara Reporters by franconian: 8:38am On Nov 30, 2015
obailala:

Bro, PMB need not travel every other week to bring in these goodies... He has pressing issues at home too.

We are not saying he shouldn't travel, all we are saying is the traveling don too much, make dem reduce am. But if APC n PMB insist on junketing, pas de problème cos 2019 is just around the corner!

1 Like

Re: President Buhari’s Frequent Foreign Trips & The Cost - Sahara Reporters by Shine1177: 8:41am On Nov 30, 2015
achiphet:
Junketting Is that a Greek word? Whats the root word in junkettin? U mean junk?

A junket is a pleasure trip, often funded by someone else. You've probably heard of a politician taking a junket to a fancy resort or luxury hotel, all paid by using tax payer money.
Re: President Buhari’s Frequent Foreign Trips & The Cost - Sahara Reporters by elmisti(m): 8:42am On Nov 30, 2015
obailala:

I swear, d tin dey do me like say make I knack u slap.....I am not condemning buh biko Nigeria is a lost course in the international community, No one will help us, there is nothing to gain from helping us...He should bring his ass home and work out local policies that can turn tinz arnd...all d countries he is going to estblish relatnshp wit av dier own issues too...Make I hear say France help am, even UK no get our tym, abi na US wey dey sort issues out or the middle east pple?.....let him come nd work LOCAL SOLUTIONS and CHANGE.....

3 Likes

Re: President Buhari’s Frequent Foreign Trips & The Cost - Sahara Reporters by franconian: 8:53am On Nov 30, 2015
elmisti:

I swear, d tin dey do me like say make I knack u slap.....I am not condemning buh biko Nigeria is a lost course in the international community, No one will help us, there is nothing to gain from helping us...He should bring his ass home and work out local policies that can turn tinz arnd...all d countries he is going to estblish relatnshp wit av dier own issues too...Make I hear say France help am, even UK no get our tym, abi na US wey dey sort issues out or the middle east pple?.....let him come nd work LOCAL SOLUTIONS and CHANGE.....

I actually thought they have real solution to Nigeria's problem when they were screaming "change", not knowing they are just a confused bunch of junketeers with no agenda other than travelling from one country to another.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

First Lady Remi Tinubu Doles Out N250,000 To Trademore Flood Victims / Buhari Sends Letter Of Condolence To Sule Lamido Over His Daughter' Death (READ) / Buhari Unveils A Statue Of Akanu Ibiam In Abakiliki, Ebonyi (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.